* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Connection Problems - Please Help!

+8
Vista3131
Fr8trainShane
T-MAN-13-RHP
saastar
Delmas26
falconfansince81
bjcole26
mblammers
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Connection Problems - Please Help! - Page 3 Empty Re: Connection Problems - Please Help!

Post by Delmas26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:56 pm

maybe Greener can verify this. I'm sure its a rule...maybe its just not written. If you dont limit the amount of rushers...you can easily just drop everybody...and leave 1 on SPY...and life would be very difficult.....against any team throwing. 1 rushing...or 2 rushing...is irrelevant.
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Connection Problems - Please Help! - Page 3 Empty Re: Connection Problems - Please Help!

Post by bjcole26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:01 pm

9 in coverage is one of the plays... If you say you can not select this play, then can he make a rule to not allow owners to pick mesh play... I understand if he says 2 men have to rush at all times but as of today, i have not read anything saying i could not drop 11 men into coverage.
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:02 pm

bjcole26 wrote:No it does not have a spy.. In Nickel, velcro 9 puts 9 in coverage WITHOUT doing anything... When certain players run drag after drag or crossing route, is when i would take one of the DTs and qb spy them to stop that.... I have read the rules a few times and i have not seen any requirement of 1, 2 or even 3 rushers.

Not singling you out here BJ...but I HATE when people say "I've read the rules and it's not in there"...We can't have a rule for every single BS thing people do. The primary rule is to play SIM. Which is at best replicating what you see on sundays. You don't see teams dropping more than 8 except in extreme prevent situations...not even the Jets did that against the Pats or Colts and their ONLY concern was the aerial attack. You also have never seen a team drop 10 in coverage with 1 spy...and you've also never seen 9 in coverage with 1 spy and 1 rusher.

I was under the assumption that velcro had 2 contain and a spy...which equals 2 rushers and a man not in coverage, but if that's the case then fine. There should definitely never be a situation with less than 2 rushers

Last edited by Cheddah_Cheez on Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:03 pm

Delmas26 wrote:@Saastar

PS: for a guy who needs to take some xanax or some kind of pill...to calm himself down...I dont think you need to be giving any advice on toning it down. Go read some of your posts...where you have 10-15 curse words...in one post. Then, tell me to calm down. If you wanna go get prescribed some medication for yourself...I'll gladly bum a few pills. But, I wont be the one to walk into the clinic and admit I need help. I'm a follower...

i dont think i made to many posts really about anyone unless they were being stupid or attacking another mg owner that dont deserve it!!! like u r right now and then going off on bjcole about his connection when i played him 2 days ago and had no problems... so maybe u need to cut back on some of those pills before u over dose...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by coward1984 Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:04 pm

GROUP HUG Smile
coward1984
coward1984
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:26 pm

Here is my final post.

Delmas- I assure you have NEVER quit on you are anyone else in these league. I have never conceded..Was i wrong to air it out at the end of our game? YES!!! Sorry for the disrespecting! Hopefully this creates a nice rivalry between us like Jerry Glanville and Sam Wyche... Bengals once blew Oilers out 61-7...up 45-0 in 3rd, they onside kicked it.

Next, I spoke to FF last night and he gave me critism about 10 men coverage and i agreed last night that i would not do that anymore.. Points taken.

Guys, this is for fun.. Have i been labbing and playing to get better YES?.. Do i still play like a rookie sometimes? YES.. Do i still get blown out? YES!!! I still do not have a great feel for controlling LB or safety on defense and make some STUPID plays sometimes on defense.

I have argued with 3 guys on here in Ace, Delmas and the soft spoken Big Buddah... I would still trade with all 3, still play against all 3 and hope that they all feel the same.. I do not take this personal because it is a video game.

If the guys can bare with my connection sucking at times, i am thankful to be part of this group and love the competition, comraderie and entertainment it provides.
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:34 pm

Yes BJcole I am glad your part of the group and hope your with us a long time broh!

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:36 pm

BJCOLE: I have no problems with you...and have sided with you in previous arguments. I even posted footage to backup your accusations against ace.

I do have a problem with the fact that you seem to disconnect when we play...

Look at it from my side...before you start getting critical and fighting back.

I have disconnect issues with my opponent....maybe one out of 20 games.....you seem to always be that one...

Sorry to say....I wish you could understand that....

PS: When are we playing our game?
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:37 pm

I am watching football and will text you after the 2nd game... I can play late tonight or early in the morning
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:32 pm

Delmas, consider yourself lucky that you haven't had these kinds of connectivity issues.
I am currently having them and it drives me fucking crazy.
I can't speak for BJCOLE, but listen to me when I tell you:

I am NOT quitting on purpose in any way shape or form. I don't quit. I don't cheese. I don't care what you think.
I just want some help so I can keep playing. That is all. Please either contribute to the point of the thread, or shut the fuck up. Jesus. Can't we talk about anything on this site without a stupid little pissing match breaking out? I literally can't tell you how bad it sucks to start a game and get dc'd over and over, especially when nothing has changed in my equipment or provider or the way I do things.
This weekend I must have tried to play jmo 4 times at least. Every time I got dc'd in the 2nd quarter. Just like I said. Ask him if you think I dc'd on purpose. Same thing with Den-24. Ask him if you think I dc'd on purpose. Trust me, I would MUCH rather have played any of those games and lost than spent the 10 or so hours it took me to start, restart and try to fix the problem.
I guess I can see why you might be skeptical, but open your mind a little please. Your tiny little world and set of experiences is not the only one out there. Just because you have never had connection issues does not mean that other people haven't.
You should also ask yourself why you assume the worst in people. I feel sorry for you dude. You seem like a really angry, bitter guy.

back to the subject of the thread...

Thanks bjcole. I tend to believe what you say. I will probably contact EA sports tomorrow to try to figure it out.
Falconfan as well, thanks, I appreciate the insight.
If there is anyone out there that has any suggestions let me know. Like bjcole said, the weird thing is that I'm not getting disconnected from the psn network usually... just from the ea server.

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:43 pm

There is one thing I failed to mention, I have noticed that in games that there has been a connection DC.

Before the game I may have sent a invite to my opponent but then my opponent invites me so I quit my invite and join his and the result is once the game gets to the screen where I am suppose to pick the coin toss it quickly shows itself then goes up and then it DC.

The other is if my opponent sends me multiple invites then also a DC my result.

I can not think of one disconnect recently where one of these two things are not true.

The only three DC opponents I have had recently is against mblammers, jerseydevil and BJCole but in all three cases we were able to complete the game.

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:49 pm

Just to point out how strange things are lately...

I played Saastar today in the Surf league.
We got into the team selection screen. We both ready'd up, and I got an error that said the Franchise servers were down, and that we should try again.
I shot Saastar a PSN message to the effect of "Lets try again"... but while typing it, I noticed the game loading in the background.

I switched back to the game, and I get the your opponent quit message... However, I see Saastar selecting Heads or Tails.... so I clicked okay, and ignored it.

We played the entire game with no lag..

Not sure if Saastar saw any of that on his side, but it was odd for sure.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:55 pm

by any chance do you guys have westell modems 7500 cause they dont like madden it seems. when i had it i always had problems
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:08 pm

I have a cisco E3000
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3