* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Connection Problems - Please Help!

+8
Vista3131
Fr8trainShane
T-MAN-13-RHP
saastar
Delmas26
falconfansince81
bjcole26
mblammers
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Connection Problems - Please Help! Empty Connection Problems - Please Help!

Post by mblammers Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:31 pm

I don't know what the problem is, but I'm having serious connection problems the last few days.

I don't have a problem getting into a game with my opponent, but I get dc'd in the 1st or second quarter. It usually seems to happen after a score...it starts to get laggy, and then I lose the connection.
After that happens, I have trouble getting back on to the server. I get messages saying servers are busy, check network connection, connect ethernet cable etc. etc.

I get wireless internet to my house, and then I am hardwired from my modem to my PS3. I used use a wireless router to my PS3, but I started hardwiring it a few weeks ago on the suggestion of others. It worked great for a couple weeks.

I've always had occasional poor connections or problems linking up with an opponent but this is ridiculous.

I'm ready to by a new PS3 or get different internet service or firebomb EA headquarters, but I don't know where the the problem is, or where to find it.

suggestions?

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Connection Problems - Please Help! Empty Re: Connection Problems - Please Help!

Post by bjcole26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:52 pm

Blammers it is the EA Servers.. In my case, i opened up ports, bought a new ps3, bought a new router, disconnected my router and hard wired but again, same shit...I even got a new internet provider but same shit... I did UOTraces for EA and they admit there is a lose but they did not say how to fix.. EA Sports did give me a whopping $20 gift code... THANKS A LOT but how about the f'ing disconnects.. How about replacing the game last night with FF in which it was 28-25 with 3 mins left in the 4th qtr? There server sucks when 25000 or more people are on it.

I would love suggestions as well.
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:08 pm

everytime i see new pop up ads i experience lag and d/c issues. me and bj tried 5 or 6 times to play, and had a great game going in the 4th and then got d/c. its def not you, or your equipment. this is technologically ancient to run a server, but ea sports cannot devote the bandwidth to support it OR doesn't have the dedicated servers the properly route connections. i.e. since i'm routed to chicago, when i play someone routed from texas or georgia the game is laggy as hell. when i play someone else routed from chi or ny its not bad. please don't waste any money on new equipment, its most likely not your issue.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:24 pm

any disconnection with BJCOLE....is BJCOLE's fault.

I'm tired of seeing all these disconnects with BJCOLE...etc...

I never disconnect from games...nor do I have lag or any kind of trouble...except when playing BJCOLE....

Please, stop buying into BJCOLE saying its "EA issues" because with him...its not. Its BJCOLE's connection...

Period, Point, Blank.

Not saying hes a quitter...or quitting...his connection...just.....SUCKS.
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:33 pm

delmas i think u need to calm down a bit.... bc i just played bjcole yesturday or friday in week 16 green 2 lg and we only played once i dont remember any lag at all.. so i do believe it is more the server then 1 person....

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:35 pm

no thanks, I wont calm down....i've played him 3 or 4 times and experienced major lagg...everytime. I havent experience lagg against an opponent twice...like I have against him.

Not to mention, I could user-search and find the same kind of thought/comments...about 10 different times. Look it up, generally bjcole's games arent attempted 1 time. I'd say 90-95% of my games...are a 1 and done. BJCOLE might average 2-3tries per game.
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:36 pm

a lot of it is routing issues...i will never be able to play txboy because it won't establish a connection, ever.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:39 pm

falcon: maybe its an OHIO thing. I tried to play txboy once...and it did the same thing. We never got to play. Weird.
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:39 pm

@Saastar

PS: for a guy who needs to take some xanax or some kind of pill...to calm himself down...I dont think you need to be giving any advice on toning it down. Go read some of your posts...where you have 10-15 curse words...in one post. Then, tell me to calm down. If you wanna go get prescribed some medication for yourself...I'll gladly bum a few pills. But, I wont be the one to walk into the clinic and admit I need help. I'm a follower...
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:41 pm

Dumasa would you like the ticket numbers for EA sports.. Would you like there follow up? Would you like the my account number for AT&T and then charter to see i went from a 1.6mbs to a 24 mbs..Should i upgrade to 60 mbs Google lost connection on Madden 20111.. You will see 6 and 8 page threads.. EA Server sucks... I have NEVER quit a game and have tried to play LATE at night like midnight or later or even 8:30am to beat guys like you with your undefeated teams.. But let me guess, both times it was lag or connection.

Never mind it is because i broke the rules in our game.

- dropping 10 into coverage on 3rd and long... Is it a rule? NOPE
- running fade to my wr inside the 20 for the 2nd time... is it a rule..NOPE
- kicking short instead of kicking deep and giving up kickoff for td...is it a rule... NOPE
- using cb blitz? Is it a rule.. NOPE... (of course, you will drag or slant me until i pick it the next series)

bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:41 pm

Delmas26 wrote:falcon: maybe its an OHIO thing. I tried to play txboy once...and it did the same thing. We never got to play. Weird.

we're both probably routed through chicago, hell, anytime i play someone in the south or west coast it usually lags or won't even establish connection (the dreaded error). but guys in ny and northern/central part of the country are generally lag free. thats why i think its a server routing issue...because ea are cheap bastards and won't invest any more money in bandwidth or more server locations.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:43 pm

hank you for contacting EA Support regarding your connection issue for Madden NFL 11. Your reference number for this support ticket is 110112-010419. As a next troubleshooting step, please run a trace for us to review.

1. Using your Internet browser on your PC, click the following link to download the UOTrace program: ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/origin/patches/uo/uotrace.exe

2. Run UOTrace. (If a pop-up box appears telling you 'UO Server List not found,' click No.)

3. Click the Options menu at the top of the window and select Advanced.

4. In the rectangular window where the server is listed, type in easo.com

5. Click the Trace Route button, which is the fourth button from the left.

6. After the trace route has completed, click the Poll button, which is two buttons to the right of the Trace Route button.

7. Let it send around 100 or so packets then click Stop Poll.

8. Click Edit and select Copy.

9. Click the Start button (Windows button for Microsoft Windows Vista) on the Windows Taskbar.

10. Select All Programs.

11. Select Accessories.

12. Click Notepad.

13. From the menu toolbar, click Edit and click Paste.

14. From the menu toolbar, click File and click Save.

15. Repeat steps 2 through 14 so that you have two separate files for us to compare and review.

16. Reply to this email with both files added as attachments and having answered the questions below:
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:45 pm

bjcole: shadddup...

is this about sim play? its simply about your connection. Grow up...you billy bad ass.

I can find your list of enemies...real quickly.

There is at least 10-15 people you have started garbage with...and challenge them all to "brawls" "wars" ...if they wanna come down to georgia or wherever your precious BMW is parked.

I find it funny that you disconnect all the time.....real funny....

these are facts...this discussion is not about your garbage play or your garbage antics. You average 2-3 starts per game...PERIOD....POINT...BLANK.

If you wanna start another war...between me and you...

GO RIGHT AHEAD....go find a different discussion thread...and Ill start posting my replays...video footage.

I still have video footage...I'm waiting to show...that shows you being a blatant, disrespectful....JACK@SS.

Video footage that you have no excuse for....and if you did make an excuse up for it...I'm guessing it'll be a LIE.
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:46 pm

Go to the PS Menu ----> System Settings ----> Network Settings --------> Media Server Connection. Choose to disable.

Then, go to the Game Menu -----> Select Game Data Utility ------->and find and delete the Madden 11 you see there.

This will force the PS3 to update the system.

You may need to open ports. I have included the ports that need opening below, as well as a link to a trace program that tracks the connection from your network to our servers.

Madden NFL 2011 (PS3)
TCP: 80, 443, 5223, 9980-9989, 42100

UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658, 3659, 6000, 9570

Answer Title: UO Trace program description and download
Answer Link: http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2179

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts game in the future, please visit our web site and review our extensive Self Help Knowledge base (http://support.ea.com). Your reference number for this phone call is 101223-014754
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:49 pm

ok...because you can paste a handful of tips that EA Sports sent you...

that means you dont average 2-3 starts per game?

that means your connection isnt crappy?

are you just the unlucky one in EA's flawed server game?

man, I guess I should EMAIL EA...and tell them to take it easy on poor BJCOLE....

he's obviously a pawn in EA's flawed servers...and thats the reason he disconnects 2-3 times a game...and not...because of his own connection faults.

BRB: getting on the phone w/ EA...gonna try and get them to scale back...on my boy...BJCOLE...the billybadass of the SOUTH!
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by T-MAN-13-RHP Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:52 pm

dude, chill like seriously you cant help it if your connection is bad. i know sometimes if the connection is bad ill drop and let him have a cpu game just to get the game over with. you are making a huge deal out of nothing, lag happens the internet we all have cant be perfect or else the xbox guys would be playing ps3 instead of xbox. just let it be there is no reason to start attacking someone, this stuff happens get over it.
T-MAN-13-RHP
T-MAN-13-RHP
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:56 pm

yep.. I threaten to brawl with 15 or so... PLEASE.. I gave Ace my address..exact directions too...... PLEASE POST footage.. I have never broken any rules during any of my games except one against you.. I threw the ball at the end of the game to disrespect you when i already had the game won instead of kneeling.. YEP.. If EZ wants to boot me for scoring at the end and ruining your perfect season, then i can take the consequences.. First game you said i toss with Peterson too much... So 2nd game i throw for 456 yards and 5 tds... ON PURPOSE!!! I disrespected you for texting me the entire game telling me 2nd time for that play or watch me drag or slant you if you keep cbs blitz... Not once but twice i dominated our game why you cried.. Take your loss like a man...Wait i nano blitzed you... Ask FF if i nano blitz.. NOPE!! Do i need to share 3 different blitzes with you? Do i admit my connection to EA sports for Madden 2011 sucks?.. YEP.. Have i got a new ps3 slim, new router, new internet provider and new ethernet cord.. YEP.. did it change.. NOPE... But again, it is probably my connection and has nothing to do with EA server, firewalls, etc. right... When i play COD is there any lag or disconnects? NOPE but again it is my connection
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:57 pm

not about that....people use it too there advantage...sometimes.

Alot of shady activity happens with alot of the lag players.

I can easily lag my connection anytime I want....by opening up a Torrent Client and turning on mass-downloads...if I wanted too. But, when the same opponent laggs at certain points of the game...or in certain situations.....

I turn it from..."Ok i forget about it...." into... "it seems like its on purpose"

EX. FalconFan and I just disconnected the other day....in Greener2 with me up 24-10...in the 3rd quarter...I could easily have asked him to restart the game same score/situation etc...or whatever. But I didnt because I know with all the times we've played it wasn't intentional. But, when a guy (Who I wont name) has disconnected on me 2-3 times...twice with me about to win the game...(behind) in the 4th quarter...your curiosity takes over. Sorry. But until you have certain things happen to you...against the same player....multiple times....you wont know.
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:01 pm

take my loss like a man?

your a disrespectful punk...

if you wanna sit on here and defend yourself...then, you are clearly a lost individual...

Your up 6.....30 seconds left...I have 0 timeouts....what does BJCOLE do...

Throws on 1st down...

Throws on 2nd down...

both times doing nothing...

3rd time...chucks it deep for a touchdown to padd his stats/score...

any !@#$#@ that does that...is clearly a lost individual. The second game we played...there was no slander going on...so there was NO REASON for you to blatant disregard rules and be a jackass.

Furthermore, u say that your kick...is not breaking the rules. What kind of kick do you call that? a regular kick? its a pop-up kick if you ask me...which is either...a CHEESEBALL tactic...or its a "squib kick" which is...breaking the rules.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/62424466

sorry, but when u do a pop-kick...everytime on kickoffs...its CHEESE. Especially when one time, I didnt fair catch and u got a fumble/td out of it.

But, since u insist that kick isnt "illegal" explain to me what kind of kick it is? a normal one? that you just accidentally kick to that spot everytime?

ITS A POPUP KICK....which is a SQUIB KICK...which is RULE BREAKING...unless at the end of halfs. More rules you break.....tough guy.
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:02 pm

you dominated? our game?

lol, is that why you disconnected in mid-pass...with me about to get a MASSIVE GAIN...with under a minute left...with me driving for the winning TD...the 1st game?

and then the 2nd game...was only up 6...till you decided to launch bombs with 20 seconds left?

such domination...

get your cheeseball tactics online...and lets play our SURF GAME....chump.
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:11 pm

I see nothing wrong with that kick Delmas....Sorry bro.
Teams kick high and short sometimes to get better kick coverage, and take away the chance for a return.

Its certainly not a squib kick. As a matter of fact, its the exact opposite of a squib kick.

Its a normal kick with a higher trajectory, not cheese, and nothing wrong with it. I don't do it, but its certainly not cheese, or wrong in any sort of way.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:14 pm

its a pop-up kick....and teams don't do it every single kickoff..

Teams do pop-up kicks in strategic spots...if you did it every time....the opponent would adjust so that the return man could catch it...instead of a lineman.

Madden doesn't allow you to do that....the lineman will catch that kick...EVERY TIME...and BJCOLE knows that.

Its the exact reason why squib kicks are only allowed at the end of halfs. Pop-Up kicks should be the same thing....

Now, if you are kicking a high kick...in the middle of the field...I might understand your argument. But, when the lineman will catch it everytime because you know where to kick it...its a fault.

A return man...would catch on if you did this 3 times...and the 4th time would be playing shallow and would get a heck of a running start/return the 4th time. Madden doesnt allow that.
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:14 pm

That is not a squib kick... Do me a favor? Select squib kick from the menu and then kick it.. Next time select normal and raise your arrow up and kick at 65% power.. See if it goes there...You have the right to call for a fair catch everytime.. I spoke to FF about this last night and if you would prefer me to kick the ball out of bounds for you to get the ball at the 40, fine i will.. First game we played did you return a kick off for a td.. YEP.. So why would i kick it deep.. I do not..Next, both games i did what i wanted to do against you without you being able to stop anything.. Remember you are the one that started the crying on text messages... Saying i can not drop 10 into coverage.. What rule number is that? What rule number is it saying i can not fade route to Fitzgerald 2 times in the first half?

Again, i admit to throwing the ball at the end and if EZ wants to boot me or suspend me or take away some picks, i will face the consequences.. I did throw and score on purpose just to piss you off.. As Buddah advised, kick a good player while he is down.. I did just that.. You pissed me off and i scored at the end to rub it in.. After game i even told you 6-1 is still a great record after i told you gg.
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:20 pm

A- numb-nuts....i said its a pop-up kick. For a genius whos sooo smart and rich in life...always bragging about his BMW...and house...you should realize that.

B- I can find a post where falconfan says..."As long as you arent dropping 10...I dont see a problem with it..."

I cannot find the exact rule...but I'm almost positive dropping 10 is illegal.

I've had Cheddah personally message me...because he said I was dropping 9 + a SPY into coverage...which is illegal...according to him. So, im sure he knows the rule.
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:22 pm

Actually you said,

a CHEESEBALL tactic...or its a "squib kick"

Not to pour gas on the fire, but you did call it a squib kick.

Dropping 10 guys is not illegal, but dropping 11 would be. You have to have at least 2 men rushing.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next