* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Connection Problems - Please Help!

+8
Vista3131
Fr8trainShane
T-MAN-13-RHP
saastar
Delmas26
falconfansince81
bjcole26
mblammers
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Connection Problems - Please Help! - Page 2 Empty Re: Connection Problems - Please Help!

Post by Vista3131 Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:23 pm

I am going to be alot calmer, but I will agree with Delmas here BJCole the problem is not the servers because if it were the servers we would all have the same problem.

I have zero troubles with servers except when I played you and then I go and play 15 other games and no troubles at all.

Now I am not going to go as far to say the servers are never at fault but in this case it is something with your connection be it your provider cable ethernet PS3 hell anything I just don't know.

Sorry Broh

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Connection Problems - Please Help! - Page 2 Empty Re: Connection Problems - Please Help!

Post by Delmas26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:24 pm

actually I said its either a "cheeseball tactic" or a squib kick...

basically refering to it...as CHEESE..because I realize it isnt a squib.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Dropping 10 guys is not illegal, but dropping 11 would be. You have to have at least 2 men rushing."

Are you playing with 12 guys on the field fr8trainshane? and you still lose every game? man, what are you doing wrong.....

Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by coward1984 Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:29 pm

i have seen this popup kick in lobby games and i agree if its to the outside its kinda cheesy..If ball goes to outside either LE or RE are ur return man.. I can't tell u how many kicks i have muffed on this play..And if u try to run away and let someone else get ball then other team jumps on it and its there ball... Only thing u really can do is take ur return man run all the way to kick and lateral back to him..Thats if the dude catches it
coward1984
coward1984
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:33 pm

you playing cfl or something theres only 11 guys ion the field n the nfl dropping 10 would mean rushing 1
Fr8trainShane wrote:Actually you said,

a CHEESEBALL tactic...or its a "squib kick"

Not to pour gas on the fire, but you did call it a squib kick.

Dropping 10 guys is not illegal, but dropping 11 would be. You have to have at least 2 men rushing.
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:36 pm

how did I score 63 pts on you...in CHZ LG...if you had 12 guys on the field?

I must have been CHEESING....HARDCORE.....

I'll have to scale back...next time....
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:36 pm

Vista... I have done UOtraces for EAsports and can post those too... It is somewhere between EA sports and my internet provider.. Both blame each other.. I switched providers and still same results... I have all ports open but when running these traces it still shows lose from my provider to EA sports... I am not saying it is not a combination of both EA server and my internet provider.. But Delmas is saying i am quiting on purpose which is not the case... I also remain connected to Playstation network 100% of the time.. If you guys want me to leave the leagues today because of this, then please let me know and i will resign today with no hard feelings.. Me beating Delmas had nothing to do with lag but he got pissed the minute he fell behind.

Where does it say you have to have 2 rushing? I have yet to see this rule.. I do pick Velcro 9 which drops 9 into coverage.. make adjustments and then against the players that run drag over and over again, i put one of the dts on qb spy to stop that.

Finally, i kick short to all 3 right side, left side, and middle... Usually the front guy is not who catches but the 2nd layer which in many cases is still a wr or te.. You can ALWAYS call for a fair catch
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:39 pm

you just said you run Velcro 9 and then drop the DT into coverage....

So, you rush 1? right? how can you consider that legit? have you ever seen it done?

Any kickoff u are doing, thats in the field of play...that forces your opponent to fair catch everytime..is CHEESE. Sorry to say....I havent seen a game...where a team pop-up kicks 8 times..to an opponent...

You ready to play...pro?
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:41 pm

bjcole26 wrote:Vista... I have done UOtraces for EAsports and can post those too... It is somewhere between EA sports and my internet provider.. Both blame each other.. I switched providers and still same results... I have all ports open but when running these traces it still shows lose from my provider to EA sports... I am not saying it is not a combination of both EA server and my internet provider.. But Delmas is saying i am quiting on purpose which is not the case... I also remain connected to Playstation network 100% of the time.. If you guys want me to leave the leagues today because of this, then please let me know and i will resign today with no hard feelings.. Me beating Delmas had nothing to do with lag but he got pissed the minute he fell behind.

Where does it say you have to have 2 rushing? I have yet to see this rule.. I do pick Velcro 9 which drops 9 into coverage.. make adjustments and then against the players that run drag over and over again, i put one of the dts on qb spy to stop that.

Finally, i kick short to all 3 right side, left side, and middle... Usually the front guy is not who catches but the 2nd layer which in many cases is still a wr or te.. You can ALWAYS call for a fair catch

Furthermore, it just sooo happens that your connection and ea sports...have now worked against me...2 or 3 times....in the 2nd half...with me about to win games...right?

but its never worked against you...when you were about to do something good. It all sounds way too fishy....

I'm over this....just get your butt online...so we can play....
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by T-MAN-13-RHP Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:46 pm

why dont yall stop acting like little girls who just lost a guy because the other likes them. like seriously this is out of hand, the point of PLAYING madden is to have FUN. yes it is competitive but seriously there is no reason to be saying all this. delmas let the guy be he may have internet issues he realizes that and he's tried to fix it. just understand and think of it as "what if that was me who was being attacked" would YOU want to have to defend yourself against something you know you dont do? or addressing issues that most already know about. we are all good guys some treat people diffrently then others, but everyone should have the same respect for someone. its not like bjcole killed your family and you hate him.. like seriously all of us in the MG need to grow up and realize its just a game, and keep it that way or itll lose its purpose. just remember i dont think any of us are getting payed to play madden so stop being so bitchy about things that happen. stuff happens get over it and move on.
T-MAN-13-RHP
T-MAN-13-RHP
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:47 pm

You know what I meant. Wasn't thinking.

2 guys rushing at all times, the rest can drop into coverage.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:47 pm

"But Delmas is saying i am quiting on purpose which is not the case... I also remain connected to Playstation network 100% of the time.."

Go Youtube some videos....Lobby players already found the tricks around that. You can easily make it look like you got kicked off the game...yet still show you connected to PSN servers...with a quick cable yank. PSN wont recognize it fast enough...if you know what you are doing. Therefore it'll kick you off the game...yet still maintain that your on PSN.

I've never seen myself get disconnected from an opponent when trying to drive for the game winning score...late in a game. Especially knowing that both times you got us disconnected...you instantly texted me...crying that I quit the game...(WTF AM I GONNA QUIT FOR....WHEN DRIVING FOR A GAME WINNING TOUCHDOWN...) - It all just seems like a sad cover-up excuse. I'm aware that you have a good reputation with 95% of the MG community. But, all it takes is 1 person that you dislike...for the real side of a person to come out.
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:48 pm

T-MAN-13-RHP wrote:why dont yall stop acting like little girls who just lost a guy because the other likes them. like seriously this is out of hand, the point of PLAYING madden is to have FUN. yes it is competitive but seriously there is no reason to be saying all this. delmas let the guy be he may have internet issues he realizes that and he's tried to fix it. just understand and think of it as "what if that was me who was being attacked" would YOU want to have to defend yourself against something you know you dont do? or addressing issues that most already know about. we are all good guys some treat people diffrently then others, but everyone should have the same respect for someone. its not like bjcole killed your family and you hate him.. like seriously all of us in the MG need to grow up and realize its just a game, and keep it that way or itll lose its purpose. just remember i dont think any of us are getting payed to play madden so stop being so bitchy about things that happen. stuff happens get over it and move on.

go find a way to trade with jerseydevil321...this doesnt concern you...

LOL...j/k
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:51 pm

Thats why the rule should be that ANY disconnects require you to restart the game with the same down distance, yard line and score.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:52 pm

Talk about connection issues... the 2 times I tried to play with Jersey we restarted 5-6 times.... and ended up playing 1, and had to do a CPU game the 2nd time.

But he says he's fixed it after buying a new router.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:52 pm

T-MAN-13-RHP wrote:why dont yall stop acting like little girls who just lost a guy because the other likes them. like seriously this is out of hand, the point of PLAYING madden is to have FUN. yes it is competitive but seriously there is no reason to be saying all this. delmas let the guy be he may have internet issues he realizes that and he's tried to fix it. just understand and think of it as "what if that was me who was being attacked" would YOU want to have to defend yourself against something you know you dont do? or addressing issues that most already know about. we are all good guys some treat people diffrently then others, but everyone should have the same respect for someone. its not like bjcole killed your family and you hate him.. like seriously all of us in the MG need to grow up and realize its just a game, and keep it that way or itll lose its purpose. just remember i dont think any of us are getting payed to play madden so stop being so bitchy about things that happen. stuff happens get over it and move on.

would I defend myself against something that I know...I dont do....Hrrm...obviously. That's not the point though. BJCOLE says he has connection issues and hes trying to fix them. Well, then why have I been accused of quitting games with him...about 3-4 times....via text...when we've played. I get the message that my opponent has quit...and before I can get done reading the message...I have a text from BJ saying "Whyd you quit, wtf man..." - Everytime he just soo happens to get disconnected...hes either...A- about to lose or B- getting crushed. Coincidence? I think not. Ive been disconnected from BJCOLE maybe 8-10 times...I dont think one time...BJCOLE was ever ahead....and the one time he was ahead...I was driving for a game-winning touchdown with under a minute left. If you had those situations happen to you....you might agree with me. You are an outsider with a different point of view. Sorry Broh.
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:55 pm

Often times both parties get the "Your opponent has quit".
Hell I've been playing lobby games a lot lately to practice some blitzes, and I get the "Your opponent has quit" a lot before we even start the game....

The EA servers definitely suck.
Some people have better connections than others....

Plus, if you know anything about Broadband, you and I could have the same exact broadband service and speed, but if you are closer to the hub, and I'm farther down the line, I would be significantly slower than you.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by T-MAN-13-RHP Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:57 pm

"would I defend myself against something that I know...I dont do....Hrrm...obviously. That's not the point though. BJCOLE says he has connection issues and hes trying to fix them. Well, then why have I been accused of quitting games with him...about 3-4 times....via text...when we've played. I get the message that my opponent has quit...and before I can get done reading the message...I have a text from BJ saying "Whyd you quit, wtf man..." - Everytime he just soo happens to get disconnected...hes either...A- about to lose or B- getting crushed. Coincidence? I think not. Ive been disconnected from BJCOLE maybe 8-10 times...I dont think one time...BJCOLE was ever ahead....and the one time he was ahead...I was driving for a game-winning touchdown with under a minute left. If you had those situations happen to you....you might agree with me. You are an outsider with a different point of view. Sorry Broh."

i just think that everyone needs to chill, im not defending anyone im just saying stuff happens. have you told greenerrrrr about it? have you told all commish's that lgs youre with him in? i just think there is a diffrent way to approach this situation.
T-MAN-13-RHP
T-MAN-13-RHP
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:01 pm

First there was over 1:32 left in game.. Next, you were at your own 30 or so.. Earlier you text GG so i did run 3 straight times to run clock and of course now you allegedly had the game wrapped up when you were losing ENTIRE game and i just punted to you... It did say "opponent quit"... I have played you now 3 times... 1 win, 1 loss and 1 disconnect with me winning... Again, 6-1 is still a good record.. If ANYONE including Delmas wants me to leave because of my connection, i will do so right now.. Just tell me right now.. Other than that i will not respond anymore to your continue crying.
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:02 pm

its not about telling commish's or getting BJCOLE booted. I never once wanted that. He puts a lot of time/effort into his teams/squads. That would be rude on my part.

But, if you have an extreme distaste for someone...it'll make you do things...you might not do against 99% of other opponents. BJCOLE said it himself when he decided to throw a bomb touchdown with 20 seconds left. He wanted to rub the score in...for the rivalry. So, why am I to not believe he wouldnt become a quitter? when about to lose against me? see my point now?

When you see an opponent disconnect against you...multiple times when crushed or about to lose...you'll start to have the same questions as me. This isnt me stepping out of line...this is me...bringing up a valid argument.
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:03 pm

bjcole26 wrote:First there was over 1:32 left in game.. Next, you were at your own 30 or so.. Earlier you text GG so i did run 3 straight times to run clock and of course now you allegedly had the game wrapped up when you were losing ENTIRE game and i just punted to you... It did say "opponent quit"... I have played you now 3 times... 1 win, 1 loss and 1 disconnect with me winning... Again, 6-1 is still a good record.. If ANYONE including Delmas wants me to leave because of my connection, i will do so right now.. Just tell me right now.. Other than that i will not respond anymore to your continue crying.

I dont want you to quit...or leave...I want you to tell the truth. You are forgetting about our games in MG SURF Season 1...where you quit...*cough* sorry...got disconnected....and we had to restart about 5-6times...

Also, you quit...midplay...I had Devin Thomas in the middle of the field...without a defender around him...at midfield....and just threw the ball...as you quit...*cough* disconnected...sorry. I doubt he drops that. I know Madden is capable of anything...but I doubt he drops a ball with a defender no where in sight.

I dont want you to do anything...MORE...but sign online...so we can play our game...PERIOD.
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:33 pm

I'm not getting into the argument going on here...but for the record, it has been established that dropping anymore than 8 in coverage is lame. You must always have 3 rushers. QB contain and spy counts as rushers.

In the NFL, you NEVER EVER see 10 men in coverage with one guy left to spy the QB. You never see less than 2 rushers.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:45 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:I'm not getting into the argument going on here...but for the record, it has been established that dropping anymore than 8 in coverage is lame. You must always have 3 rushers. QB contain and spy counts as rushers.

In the NFL, you NEVER EVER see 10 men in coverage with one guy left to spy the QB. You never see less than 2 rushers.

One of the coverages I run is 9 Velcro. It rushes 2 by design. I do it vs players who have proven they can handle my blitzes and who I'm not worried about taking off with their QB. There's a couple of other Ds that rush 2 by design. I don't think it's proper to 'require' 3 rushers.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:48 pm

doesnt that have a spy?
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:54 pm

No it does not have a spy.. In Nickel, velcro 9 puts 9 in coverage WITHOUT doing anything... When certain players run drag after drag or crossing route, is when i would take one of the DTs and qb spy them to stop that.... I have read the rules a few times and i have not seen any requirement of 1, 2 or even 3 rushers.
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:54 pm

rushing 1...with a qb spy on...should be downright illegal. Especially since...the lone rusher will get to the QB eventually. In real life...the lineman would plow him to the ground and keep him down. I've been sacked numerous times by guys who drop 10 with a spy...and leave 1 rusher.
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next