* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Opportunistic Chiefs Upset Redskins

+2
jmojsoski
mblammers
6 posters

Go down

Opportunistic Chiefs Upset Redskins Empty Opportunistic Chiefs Upset Redskins

Post by mblammers Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:58 pm

The Washington Redskins faced the Kansas City Chiefs with every reason to think this game would be a cake-walk. A very brief look at the stat sheet would suggest that they were right.

Indeed, all signs pointed to a Redskins rout of the Chiefs. The Redskins are in the middle of a dynasty, having won the last two super bowls. Kansas City had key injuries in its secondary. The Chiefs' coach had never won against the Redskins coach. Washington boasts the leagues top offense both in terms of yards per game and points.

In this game alone, Washington more than doubled the offensive output of the Chiefs - 406 yards to 156 yards.

However, the final score still favored the Chiefs - 21-17.

When asked to explain the victory, Kasas City head coach Slammers only had three colorful words before ending his press conference: "Sunshine, dog's ass."

The game started fairly evenly. The first quarter was a scoreless affair, as each team exchanged punts and three and outs. In the second quarter, the Redskins were able to score the game's first points with a long strike down the middle of the field from Clausen to Edwards. The Chiefs were able to answer on a drive capped by an 8 yard strike to Dez Bryant from Ben Roethlesberger.
It then looked like the Redskins had figured out the Chiefs defense as they easily moved down the field to Kansas City's 3 yard line.

It was here that the story of the game was written, as the Chief's defense refused to buckle in the redzone all game long. After a one yard gain on an Earl Bowman draw, second and third downs saw deflected passes to the flats. Facing 4th and goal, the Redskins decided to go for 6. Earl Bowman's number was called again, - this time a run off tackle, and again the Chiefs stuffed him for little gain.

The third quarter saw a similar outcome. After forcing the Chiefs to punt, the Redskins drove methodically down the field, relying on an efficient and surgical passing attack. However, at the Chiefs 13, Clausen threw his second interception of the game, to safety David Bruton - a backup forced into action due to the injury to starting safety Michael Huff. Bruton returned the pick 87 yards for a touchdown, and the Chiefs were up, 14-7 to end the 3rd quarter.

The 4th quarter saw the Redskins again move the ball, and after settling for a field goal (again after stiff Chiefs redzone defense), they were able to take a late lead on a three yard run by Bowman.

Trailing 17-14, on their own 20, the Chiefs were forced to come out throwing. All game long Roethlesberger was facing heavy pressure from the Redskins' defense, and on the first play of the series he was hit by a blitzing lineback and his off target pass was intercepted by FS Coxson and returned to the Chiefs' ten yard line. At this point, the game should have been over. Kansas City was down to 2 timeouts, and there was only a little over a minute left on the clock.

However, inexplicably, the Redskins came out throwing. After being flushed from the pocket, Clausen rolled left and heaved the ball towards the endzone. This time it was Jerrod Mayo who made the play for the Chiefs, picking the pass off and rumbling 80 yards the other way to the Redskins 11 yard line. One play later saw Rashard Mendenhall run off tackle for the go ahead score.

The ensuing drive for the Redskins was cut short by a fumble, and three kneel downs later the game was over. Kansas City 21, Washington 17.

Similar to Coach Slammers, Coach CP had nothing to say to the press after the game. At midfield he shook hands with Slammers and was thought to have said good game, although there were reports that he also called the contest "gay", perhaps an insight as to the frustration that caused him to make the questionable call of throwing the ball with the lead and one minute, fifteen seconds left on the clock.

--------------------------

This was a crazy game. Obviously the better team and player lost. I caught a lot of breaks, and I also think I caught CP playing down to my level. That's one of the benefits of always having a shitty record, lol. I never have to face anyone's best effort.

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Opportunistic Chiefs Upset Redskins Empty Re: Opportunistic Chiefs Upset Redskins

Post by jmojsoski Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:04 pm

season 2 you upset buddah, season 3 you upset me, season 4 you upset CP...lol
You are truly becoming a dangerous adversary.... Great win
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Opportunistic Chiefs Upset Redskins Empty RE:

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:37 pm

Nice win man! Upset special!
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Opportunistic Chiefs Upset Redskins Empty Re: Opportunistic Chiefs Upset Redskins

Post by surfnturf90 Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:01 pm

haha great win bro.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:14 pm

nice win i wasn't calling the game gay but the fact that when you went up 21-17 it was over a minute left i had what i thought was a great chance to win the game only to fumble on the 1 yard line
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:17 pm

Child_Please4285 wrote:nice win i wasn't calling the game gay but the fact that when you went up 21-17 it was over a minute left i had what i thought was a great chance to win the game only to fumble on the 1 yard line

karma's a bitch
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:21 pm

Child_Please4285 wrote:nice win i wasn't calling the game gay but the fact that when you went up 21-17 it was over a minute left i had what i thought was a great chance to win the game only to fumble on the 1 yard line

You had more than a "chance" lol you were LIKELY going to win. I had no answer for you defensively. Basically after the 2nd quarter I was just randomly calling zone blitzes and zone/man combos to try and luck my way into a turnover. I would have had more success using gameflow lol

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:38 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:

karma's a bitch
well im glad thats out the way during the regular season lol
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:47 pm

haha yeah me too, for both of us, i don't want our playoff game ending like that.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down