* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Defending The Rollout and Adjusting Line Protection

4 posters

Go down

Defending The Rollout and Adjusting Line Protection Empty Defending The Rollout and Adjusting Line Protection

Post by falconfansince81 Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:03 pm

just had a couple tips for anyone who wasn't aware of these very useful features, a lot of you guys might already know this stuff but in case you don't hopefully it helps.

LINE SHIFTING

when facing a defense where the DT is lined up in front of your center, its generally a good idea when you feel a blitz or want to run off tackle/iso to shift the line up (aggressive) for inside runs or inside blitzes and down (spread) to make a better pocket for outside blitzes or tosses. try it for yourself in practice mode to get a better feel.

THE DRIFTING QB/CJ TOSS/SLIP SCREENS

for people who have a mobile QB or just love tossing to scat backs putting each end in a contain (x the R3 right i believe) is a great way to shut these actions down. if the end doesn't have an assignment, he'll automatically attack the QB and if the opponent is running a screen he's gonna be in real trouble. again, mess around with it in practice mode or hit me up for a lab session any time.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Defending The Rollout and Adjusting Line Protection Empty Re: Defending The Rollout and Adjusting Line Protection

Post by Shlarman Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:36 pm

thanks for the tips falc. I know the other day I was asking jmo why you guys would use that DE zone trick, unfortunatly our mics were too scratchy to hear his answer at the time. But it was obviously working. lol

Shlarman
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Defending The Rollout and Adjusting Line Protection Empty Re: Defending The Rollout and Adjusting Line Protection

Post by sam22smith Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:46 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:LINE SHIFTING

when facing a defense where the DT is lined up in front of your center, its generally a good idea when you feel a blitz or want to run off tackle/iso to shift the line up (aggressive) for inside runs or inside blitzes and down (spread) to make a better pocket for outside blitzes or tosses. try it for yourself in practice mode to get a better feel.

THE DRIFTING QB/CJ TOSS/SLIP SCREENS

for people who have a mobile QB or just love tossing to scat backs putting each end in a contain (x the R3 right i believe) is a great way to shut these actions down. if the end doesn't have an assignment, he'll automatically attack the QB and if the opponent is running a screen he's gonna be in real trouble. again, mess around with it in practice mode or hit me up for a lab session any time.

I thought pressing down pinched your oline into the middle?
sam22smith
sam22smith
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:51 pm

FF... again, not everyone probably knows where to make the line adjustments or how to make the line adjustments....I am not being a smartass guys.. I do but again, if you are not one to hot route wrs much, you may not know how.
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:25 am

yeah sam, pressing down pinches it and is great for stopping the A & B gab blitzes (typically when guys show blitz & man align) whereas making them aggressive (shift oline up) works for me when stopping the C gap blitzes from the edge. sometimes i guess wrong, and pay dearly lol...but most times i pick it up and by an extra second or two. it def worth trying out in a lab game or practice mode so you can see how line shifts work vs A,B,C gap blitzes when the DT is lined up staggered or centered on your center.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down