* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Rule Suggestion...

+6
Rui_F
surfnturf90
Mcnair2wycheck
falconfansince81
BiLlDoZeR_27
Fr8trainShane
10 posters

Go down

Rule Suggestion... Empty Rule Suggestion...

Post by Fr8trainShane Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:31 am

I may have brought this up before, but its something that still is prevalent every single draft, so I'm going to bring it up again.

Rule Suggestion: No Free Agent Pick-ups for 30 minutes after a Draft completes. (Perhaps make the commissioner send out a msg to notify that Free Agency is now open)

why? This allows for players who made trades, to complete the trade by dropping and picking up the traded players.

Penalties.
1 Offense - Warning
2nd Offense - Loss of a 3rd rounder to the team whose player you picked up.
3rd Offense - Loss of a 1st rounder to the team whose player you picked up.
4th offense - See ya.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Rule Suggestion... Empty Re: Rule Suggestion...

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:44 am

I think that's a lil much....
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:48 am

BiLlDoZeR_27 wrote:I think that's a lil much....

It'll stop it cold Smile lol

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:57 am

how am i supposed to get good picks with these kinda rules!? its not a bad idea though, because it is kind of an inconvenience not having one of your players and you have a game ready to play.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:03 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:how am i supposed to get good picks with these kinda rules!? its not a bad idea though, because it is kind of an inconvenience not having one of your players and you have a game ready to play.

Imagine if someone picks up your guy that you just traded for, starts his Week 1 game, and the guy gets injured before you get him back?

These are the things we need to avoid.
Its already clear people can't use enough common sense that (if its too good to be true, it probably is)....so when people can't use common sense, we make rules. Just like children.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcnair2wycheck Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:42 pm

I think it's a good rule actually. I don't think we necessarily need penalties because I would assume that people will be cooperative enough to follow a rule like this.

Mcnair2wycheck
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:50 pm

Mcnair2wycheck wrote:I think it's a good rule actually. I don't think we necessarily need penalties because I would assume that people will be cooperative enough to follow a rule like this.

I think thats why people get a warning first... to make awareness of the rule in case they miss the post or just plain forget one time.
But it definitely shouldn't be happening more than once.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:17 pm

yeah good rule, id vote for it

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:40 pm

So this last draft I was a little drunk and picked up two guys because my draft didn't go as planned so I was filling roster spaces. Actually I picked up like 5 guys but two belonged to couple of people. One was a decent MLB about the 3rd or 4th down but not like a 90 or anything the other a 68 TE. There was no trade info for the TE because he was a rookie (figured maybe somebody picked him up in a later round and dumped or something) and I missed the post online about the MLB . within 10 minutes I got a PSN from their perspective owners and dropped both of them, so u saying u would take away my draft picks because I missed to see one out of 20 trade posts and on the TE there was no post for me to even to find. lol If we all act like grownups and treat each other with respect we don't need a rule like this, if a guy is a free agent because of a trade and somebody asks for him then u just give him back, and if you don't then there should be some kind of penalty.
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:47 pm

Rui_F wrote:So this last draft I was a little drunk and picked up two guys because my draft didn't go as planned so I was filling roster spaces. Actually I picked up like 5 guys but two belonged to couple of people. One was a decent MLB about the 3rd or 4th down but not like a 90 or anything the other a 68 TE. There was no trade info for the TE because he was a rookie (figured maybe somebody picked him up in a later round and dumped or something) and I missed the post online about the MLB . within 10 minutes I got a PSN from their perspective owners and dropped both of them, so u saying u would take away my draft picks because I missed to see one out of 20 trade posts and on the TE there was no post for me to even to find. lol If we all act like grownups and treat each other with respect we don't need a rule like this, if a guy is a free agent because of a trade and somebody asks for him then u just give him back, and if you don't then there should be some kind of penalty.

In this situation, you'd not been able to pick anyone up for 30 minutes, or until the Commish sent out a msg saying that Free Agency was open.
If you did it, you'd have gotten a warning the first time...

if you did it in the next draft..you'd lose a pick...etc...

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:00 pm

dont really see that as solving the problem of having a game scheduled and not being able to start. Most guys need at least one or 2 free agents to fill out their rosters not everybody plays with their 7th rounders and prefers to drop them and pick up somebody, many times that will be a former player u dropped but not always. So you end up waiting for free agency to open up anyways and it can take forever sometimes to get all the trades out of the way and what is the commish gonna do wait till every guy that had a trade psn him to open up free agency. So 30min would be a minimum again you end up waiting to play that game. The system works fine as it is and I have done about 15 drafts so far once in a while you get some asshole that wont give a player back but that's what the commissioner is for to solve special issues. Just my opinion but you know what they say about opinions.
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:51 pm

the harsh effects of drunk drafting, i know this all to well.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:58 pm

The premise of the rule is great. The penalties idk about but if u can't play a game bevause someone has ur guy and/or that player gets hurt then there needs to be compensation of course. Missing a game is inconvient.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:21 pm

Rui_F wrote:So this last draft I was a little drunk and picked up two guys because my draft didn't go as planned so I was filling roster spaces. Actually I picked up like 5 guys but two belonged to couple of people. One was a decent MLB about the 3rd or 4th down but not like a 90 or anything the other a 68 TE. There was no trade info for the TE because he was a rookie (figured maybe somebody picked him up in a later round and dumped or something) and I missed the post online about the MLB . within 10 minutes I got a PSN from their perspective owners and dropped both of them, so u saying u would take away my draft picks because I missed to see one out of 20 trade posts and on the TE there was no post for me to even to find. lol If we all act like grownups and treat each other with respect we don't need a rule like this, if a guy is a free agent because of a trade and somebody asks for him then u just give him back, and if you don't then there should be some kind of penalty.

yeah i really dont see it has that big of an problem... i mean i had ez in an hurry forget to drop my wr that i was suppose to get via trade... but i wasnt worried.. Rui_f did what he said he did... that te he picked up was suppose to be mine but there was no trade posted on it bc me and mjkight where still talking about trade when draft started... then we came up with an agreement like 10 picks into the draft.. so i told mjkight i would post trade after draft... so here that would not be Rui_f fault bc i wasnt able to post trade bc we made deal while draft was going on...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by MoWarrior79 Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:31 am

I'd vote for it if i had a vote!
MoWarrior79
MoWarrior79
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:17 pm

dumb rule - personally i love grabbing players that get drop inadverainly from players who cant plan ahead enough to make room for their 7 draft pics... but even then - if they come to me and explain how the player GOT DROPPED INADVERTAINLY i have always given them back - but many times players are even too dumb to notice - if guys pick up players that are part of trade - just simply give them back - no need for another rule - simple PSN message solves the problem... we certainly need rule for more imprtant things than this
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by MoWarrior79 Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:45 am

Simple psn message doesnt work when you're ready to play and there not online
MoWarrior79
MoWarrior79
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:01 pm

MoWarrior79 wrote:Simple psn message doesnt work when you're ready to play and there not online

well than text the guy - and play your game the next day - u have 48 hours to play your game... although - IT IS SIMPLE COURTESY FOR ANY1 WHO PICKS UP SUCH PLAYERS TO BE AROUND FOR 30-45 MINUTES IN CASE THE PLAYER WAS PART OF A LAST MINUTE TRADE OR WAS DEROPPERD INADVERTAINLY.... signing a bunch of players and logging off is BS...

and for the record - there are always OBVIOUS PLAYERS that are clear curt trades or inadvewrtain drops - YOU KNOW WHO THESE PLAYERS ARE - so dont pick them up - but any player 75 and under could be a legit free agent pic up - and grabing those players is 1st come 1st serve - if they turn out to belong to some1 else - give them back - that simple - problem completely solved if you SIGN FREE AGENTS AFTER THE DRAFT - STIUCK AROUND FOR 45 MINUTES OR SO TO MAKE SURE THEY WERE TRUELY AVAILABLE...

and byrw - the commish has complete roster control to drop such players - if some1 logs off like that - tell the commish and he can correct it INSTANTLy! - clearlyyou guys are making a problem where there is none - or is really so minor and has the simpliest of common sense solutions - no need for a rule - JUST USE YOUR HEAD A BIT!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down