* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Weasel Sanctioned...

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Weasel Sanctioned... - Page 2 Empty Re: Weasel Sanctioned...

Post by CharlieHustle Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:53 pm

gap guessing is nothing more than a run blitz. If people can create effective blitzes by shifting their players all around in the box, gap guessing should be allowed as well... there's really not much difference between the effectiveness of the two... This rule can easily be viewed as biased... And besides, if you're uncomfortable with the play, there's an audible button? lol
CharlieHustle
CharlieHustle
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:07 pm

CharlieHustle wrote:gap guessing is nothing more than a run blitz. If people can create effective blitzes by shifting their players all around in the box, gap guessing should be allowed as well... there's really not much difference between the effectiveness of the two... This rule can easily be viewed as biased... And besides, if you're uncomfortable with the play, there's an audible button? lol
This is just plan wrong...

Gap guessing IS NOT A RUN BLITZ - in fact the play has nobody blitzing at all!

If you want to RUN BLITZ - then you employ some kind of BLITZ!

"Shifting guys around in the box" - u keep reffering to this Charlie, I am yet to see a blitz that cannot be countered (unlike GAP GUESS - which has no counter! even when you GAP GUESS WRONG the defence gets a run stop 100% of the time! And this is why it's outlawed...)

If anyone thinks that someone is doing an ILLIGAL BLITZ (aka a blitz that has no counter and gets a sake 100% of the time... Some call it a nano...) - then tell me:

1) what the formation and play is....

2) what press nap adjustments are required....

I will test the blitz and if there is no obvious counter - THE BLITZ WILL BE OUTLAWED!

CharlieHustle wrote:And besides, if you're uncomfortable with the play, there's an audible button? lol
Pls explain to me what the presnap read is for someone who is gonna employ a GAP GUESS?

Trick question - THERE IS NONE!

So how would you know to audible?  If guys are allowed to GAP GUESS - I know of 3 players in this league THAT INSTANTLY will never have a RUNNING TD ran against them! (And more guys will develop the GAP GUESS skills and soon there will be NO RUSHING TDs IN THE LEAGUE AT ALL!

The issue with GAP GUESS is not that it's so effective when guys GAP GUESS CORRECTLY (which it stops the play easily every time when u run the same direction of the GAP GUESS) - i am actually somewhat indifferent with this - although i do think that the OLINE should still be able to make blocks HALF THE TIME to counter a GAP GUESS in the same direction the play is running (afterall the offense knows where the ball is running and when the ball will be snapped)

The bigger issue is how successful this tactic can be even when the defense "gap guesses" in the wrong direction - If the offense runs toss to the opposite side of the field then the "gap guess", The backside CB takes on the lead blocking FB, The guard gets entangled with all the DL players who are "gap guessing" and is out of the play - and an average USER can control the backside SAFETY - and comes down and makes an easy 1 on 1 tackle - (if u are unable to JUKE or RUN over the defender he stuffs the play for a loss!)

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:25 pm

It's not a %100 stop every time. You have to e good at playing the MLB or its a TD and f you call play action it's a TD. Seriously you just have to have instincts and its very easily countered. Not to mention you can also change the offensive lines assighents or even if ou really good you can control the offensive linen at the gap you are running to and block yourself ! There is a counter for apart everything I'm this game except that DT nano blitz rip tilam was talking about and even that doesn't really work vs shotgun you just have to kmow it's coming.

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieHustle Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:20 pm

weasel_ wrote:It's not a %100 stop every time.   You have to e good at playing the MLB or its a TD and f you call play action it's a TD.   Seriously you just have to have instincts and its very easily countered.  Not to mention you can also change the offensive lines assighents or even if ou really good you can control the offensive linen at the gap you are running to and block yourself !   There is a counter for apart everything I'm this game except that DT nano blitz rip tilam was talking about and even that doesn't really work vs shotgun you just have to kmow it's coming.
Exactly Weasel... And it is a run blitz, Greenerrr. If you look pull up the defender's pre-snap responsibilities screen, you can clearly see that gap guessing or the "run commit" turns your originally picked play into an all-out blitz in whichever direction... It's nothing more than an effective blitz. But if you guess wrong, meaning they called a PA or a quick pass, you can get burned easily... which is no different than any other blitz.
CharlieHustle
CharlieHustle
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieHustle Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:28 pm

GREENERRRR wrote:
explain to me what the presnap read is for someone who is gonna employ a GAP GUESS?

Trick question - THERE IS NONE!
The most effective blitzes are the ones you don't see coming, so there shouldn't always be a pre-snap read available... That's sound strategic football, Greenerrr... Just like the guys who're able to execute their signature blitzes by "shifting people around in the box". lol
CharlieHustle
CharlieHustle
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by RIPxPatTillman40 Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:45 pm

if u want a all out run blitz call engage eight, and charlie since u seemto be so good at stopping the run this yr i dnt get y u would b in favor of this since u obviously dont need to do it, and the blitz he talking bout greener is me from week 1 where i brought a OLB in 3-4 untouched when he didnt block HB or slide DL, simple overload the LILB DE and OLB were all lined up on 1 side from shifting LBS Left

RIPxPatTillman40
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:11 pm

Also another thing I would like to point out. The stats don't support your argument greener. You want the league to be "SIM". You are scared of the run guess being over affective where I think it's exactly what the developers intended to be. It's an equalizer. The run ge is over powered. The gap guess is over powered so its cancels out and the stats we compiled last year in madden 13 prove this. RAY RICE MVP SEASON on my BROWNS LAST YEAR

2300 rushing yards
2100 receiving yards
52 Touchdowns totall 36 rushing

That sure as hell ain't SIM.

God forbid we have an affective way to stop the run god forbid that .

You making the gap guess illegal is anything but SIM . I think you need to re elaborate what SIM actually means . You look at the play on the field to much you should payoff attention to the a statistics. The stats should come out more realistic and the closer toucan get I the stats mirroring the NFL the more "SIM ". The league will be

Right now I define your "SIM" as really HANDICAPING "

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieHustle Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:35 pm

RIPxPatTillman40 wrote:if u want a all out run blitz call engage eight, and charlie since u seemto be so good at stopping the run this yr i dnt get y u would b in favor of this since u obviously dont need to do it, and the blitz he talking bout greener is me from week 1 where i brought a OLB in 3-4 untouched when he didnt block HB or slide DL, simple overload the LILB DE and OLB were all lined up on 1 side from shifting LBS Left
You're not the first person I've seen use similar blitzes. I'm really not complaining about it, just using it as an example to make a point. You executed them/it well...

My point is: It's part of the in-game strategy. If you can shift your players and overload one side to implement an effective blitz, then the run commit should be allowed as well... Check the pre-snap responsibilities after you select a run commit, It's basically the same as an engage eight. So again... why is one acceptable but the other isn't, because it's too effective in short yardage situations??

From a different perspective: why is run commit banned, but pass commit isn't? Because it doesn't work as well as the run commit does? Well, run commit doesn't work too well against the quick pass.

For the record: I'm not for or against the rule. I just think it's unfair to limit the strategics on defense, yet there aren't any restrictions on the offensive side of the ball.
CharlieHustle
CharlieHustle
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:54 pm

Charlie this is my argument as well and honestly the deductive reasoning skills of the powers that be are flawed and full of hypocrisy. If the run guess is reinstated the stats won't be blown out I epic proportions. And maybe just maybe the sliders wouldn't have to be tinkered with as much. I think the I'm game is way over powered and now you have to sell out way more to stop it which is going t make it harder to pass. I guess that's why the QB accuracy was toned down. I think the catching is to low. My guys dropped wide open 3rd down conversions in my game vs greener that shoul have never been drops and wouldn't have been last year. Some tweekimg needs to be done

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:15 pm

weasel_ wrote:My guys dropped wide open 3rd down conversions in my game vs greener that shoul have never been drops and wouldn't have been last year.     Some tweekimg needs to be done
your not really gonna complain about bad luck "drops" in our game - U should have at least 4 picks picked off that were thrown into blatant coverage and all you got was an incomplete pass - not 1 pick... AND YOUR QB IS PRYOR!

I have twice the skilled passer then you - I threw 1 questionable ball - AND IT WAS PICKED... plus somehow your CPU controlled READ OPTION defender was somehow able to "pick off" a pitch on SPEED OPTION (probably never see that bs play the rest of the year - THAT WAS THE LUCKIEST SHIT EVER...

but you have the balls to come on here and complain about balls that were dropped when they thrown by probably the worse STARTING passer in the league! Sorry u want to pass with PRYOR your going to have drops and missed passes - HE IS NOT A RELIABLE PASSER! - you have to take the good with the bad with him:

good = HE IS FASTEST qb!

BAD - HE IS A WEAK PASSER!

iF YOU WANTED TO MAKE 95% OF YOUR 3RD DOWN PASSES - U SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED TOM BRADY!

weasel_ wrote:Charlie this is my argument as well and honestly the deductive reasoning skills of the powers that be are flawed and full of hypocrisy. If the run guess is reinstated the stats won't be blown out I epic proportions.
call a spade a spade and stop misleading people - U WANT TO USE GAP GUESS BECAUSE U ARE 1 OF THE GUYS WHO INSTANTLY WILL NOT HAVE ANY RUSHING TDS AGAINST THEM - and teams will be limited to at most 40 yards a game!

U KNOW THE GAP GUESS GLITCH LIKE THE BACK OF YOUR HAND - thats why u want it - there is no SIM reason to have it (and u could care less about SIM play..) - U JUST WANT ANY ADVANTAGE U CAN GET (SIM or NOT SIM u dont care - as long as it benefits you!!!) and GAP GUESS is as unrealistic as it gets!!! - u even seem to think thats it ok to stop the run EVEN WHEN U GAP GUESS WRONG - that amazes me! ITS TOTALLY IDIOTIC!

its because of this attitude and selfishness anything you say is discounted by 90% - u have zero credibility when you claiming SIM! In fact u have zero right to even utter the word SIM!

and like i said to u numerous times - IF U DONT LIKE GAP GUESS BEING BANNED - GO PLAY IN A FREESTYLE LG!

Gap Guess is on the books - its not coming off -Even though i explained it to both charlie and weasel a hundred times... The more your argue about this - the more i clearly i see i have to save you from GLITCH!

Besides we are not debating the merrits of GAP GUESS - i have did the analysis - explained why its a glitch - none of your points changes that...

this thread is being locked - because I am not gonna continue to make circular arguements with you two...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2