* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

DEFAULT SLIDERS - how was your game?

+5
CharlieHustle
albundy4td1game
broadway_blitz
weasel_
GREENERRRR
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

DEFAULT SLIDERS - how was your game? Empty DEFAULT SLIDERS - how was your game?

Post by GREENERRRR Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:33 am

With the many guys lobbying for a change in sliders - we have moved to ALL MADDEN default levels...

Post your gameplay impression of the sliders here!

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

DEFAULT SLIDERS - how was your game? Empty Re: DEFAULT SLIDERS - how was your game?

Post by weasel_ Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:00 pm

We need statistical evidence and now you making that harder to compare doing this in the middle of the season. This should be done week 1!!!!! Of next season

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

DEFAULT SLIDERS - how was your game? Empty Re: DEFAULT SLIDERS - how was your game?

Post by broadway_blitz Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:20 pm

Totally agree

Changes like this ahold be made in the offseason not wk8
We are becoming very reactive and not proactive... this needs to stop

broadway_blitz

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:31 pm

Now I have a game vs The Super Bowl champs and have no idea why to expect. This is bullshit

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:20 pm

weasel_ wrote:We need statistical evidence and now you making that harder to compare doing this in the middle of the season.  This should be done week 1!!!!!  Of next season

Ohhhh so we should have a full year IDIOT DEFAULT SLIDERS? Fuck that - let all these fools have a few weeks with these idiotic default sliders then they will be begging to change em back!

it's dumb to waste a whole year - this will pass by soon (and we wouldn't have had to do this if guys who support our sliders were more vocal! I asked guys to support the league sliders only a few did - and many called for this change - so they got what they want - they will back track soon!)
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:46 pm

No actually they won't be begging to change them back! They are idiots remember ? So this is being done strictly as a "I TOLD YOU SO"?

Most of the time you at least pretend to have some type of logical reasoning for making a rule change. Now this time it's just to shut people up ?

here we are "rigging". The league again! Half of te games have been decided already! Now we are coming down the home stretch where the games are more intense! None of the playoff spots really have been accounted for yet and we have to play a whole new game ? Just so guys can't complain to you anymore ?!!

IVE BEEN COMplaiming for over 2 years about a few different rules that don't make senses anymore but that ain't get me anywhere.

Charliehustle quit the league blinding the sliders..... He hardly won any games ! How does his voice get heard and mine doesn't?!

let's talk about the gap guess rule now! Alice it's back to default sliders can I had the default game play rules back in affect ? The gap guess will help me stop the outside run and help me in short yardage and redzone defense.

Get to work on this man. Abolish this silly rule you out in place for no other reason then personal preference

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:49 pm

Oh really many wanted this change? NOBODY AGREED WITH THE QUICK SNAP RULE!!!!!!!! So it's Greeners preference over here but not over there ?!!?!

So much more consistency with the front office leadership! The decisions you make are totally bias and really it's all personal preference with you at this point! This league is no longer committed to really being a true NFL football simulation. It's just LETS PLAY MADDEN THE WAY INLILE TO PLAY AND CUT OUT ALL THE INDIVIDUALITY THE GAME ALLPWS AND JUST PLAY LIKE ROBOTZ!

Greener man wake up man you loosing It bro

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by albundy4td1game Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:25 am

My game was fine.. my defense played coverage they way they are suppose to.. didn't notice much change at all to be honest... just guys getting fatigued more as the game went on as they should.. had to use more personnel and subs... seemed like there were more forced fumbles from hit stick hits etc..

albundy4td1game
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieHustle Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:34 pm

I hardly one any games?? I was 8-8 and lost at least 3-4 games by 7pts or less than season one... Weasel, I believe you beat me 17-10, please stop acting like you're really that good and learn how to play the damn game with default sliders you bum. lol... You already admitted when you first got the game that you were only looking for new "gimmick" plays to get wins... How about you actually master the game now?
CharlieHustle
CharlieHustle
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieHustle Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:38 pm

weasel_ wrote:Charliehustle quit the league blinding the sliders.....   He hardly won any games !  How does his voice get heard and mine doesn't?!
I hardly won any games?? I was 8-8 and lost at least 3-4 games by 7pts or less in season one... Weasel, I believe you beat me 17-10, please stop acting like you're really that good and learn how to play the damn game with default sliders you bum. lol... You already admitted when you first got the game that you were only looking for new "gimmick" plays to get wins... How about you actually master the game now?
CharlieHustle
CharlieHustle
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:30 pm

albundy4td1game wrote:My game was fine.. my defense played coverage they way they are suppose to.. didn't notice much change at all to be honest... just guys getting fatigued more as the game went on as they should.. had to use more personnel and subs... seemed like there were more forced fumbles from hit stick hits etc..

How was zone play and pass rush?
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcolon Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:58 pm

The fatigue and pass rush was pretty bad, the running game was way to easy for me I had nearly 400 yards rushing on like 14 attempts breaking long runs I don't like it at all

Dcolon

Back to top Go down

Post by albundy4td1game Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:59 pm

As I said I don't play much zone.. I am more a man to man team to begin with.. zone seemed the same to me when I did use it.. Pass rush seemed like I had an easier time rushing the passer when I was manually controlling the defensive lineman.. when I didn't manually control the lineman it seemed a little less effective then before... but nothing to outrageous.. I also jumped out to an early lead so my game probably shouldn't be the litmus test as it changed whole style of the game...

albundy4td1game
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by albundy4td1game Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:01 pm

Dcolon wrote:The fatigue and pass rush was pretty bad, the running game was way to easy for me I had nearly 400 yards rushing on like 14 attempts breaking long runs I don't like it at all
Was that running the ball regularly or using read option plays? just curious

albundy4td1game
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcolon Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:29 pm

Some of both

Dcolon

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:06 am

Just played my first game under DEFAULT SLIDERS - hear are my thoughts:

RUN GAME WAS A JOKE: I like how bigger backs can break tackles but it should be much harder for smaller RBs to break tackles

- players didn't pursue the ball carrier agressively at all

ZONE DEFENSE WAS EVEN WORSE!: this must be changed! We cannot eliminate half of the defences in the games!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by McNoob Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:51 am

GREENERRRR wrote:
- players didn't pursue the ball carrier agressively at all
I noticed this too.

Overall, offense was way too easy to play. I had over 300 yards passing doing nothing but streaks and other standard routes, which is a lot because I barely pass. It was also too easy to avoid defenders when running the ball.

McNoob

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddening isn't it? Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:03 am

I played the cpu week 9 so no info there. I have a bye this week so I got nothing for ya yet.

Maddening isn't it?
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:22 pm

The players react much slower to the plays. I want old sliders back with a tweak tithe stamina and injury

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddening isn't it? Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:29 pm

So basically none of you like Madden 25 and can't compete with default sliders? Why can't you just learn to play better on default sliders rather than trying to change the game so you can play D# better?

Maddening isn't it?
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by albundy4td1game Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:50 pm

I see nothing wrong with the default sliders... Guys were rushing for 300 yards with the custom sliders too... and putting up crazy yards not sure how this is any different..

albundy4td1game
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:54 pm

Maddening isn't it? wrote:So basically none of you like Madden 25 and can't compete with default sliders?  Why can't you just learn to play better on default sliders rather than trying to change the game so you can play D# better?
There are 2 sides to this arguement!

So basically you cant compete with custom sliders? Why cant you just learn to play better on custom sliders rather than relying on bad programming so you can play offense better?

bring up your offensive gameplay so you can avoid 10 CPU controlled players that have REASONABLE AI and 1 HUMAN instead of having a cake walk against 10 DUMMY CPU controlled player and 1 human!!!!

Why play a weaker / less competive game? I want the toughest / most realistic defenders (not idiodic default slider idiots who just stand around with a thumb up there ass - can only play man Defense and 10 of the 11 players on the field (all CPU controlled players) act like complete football idiots!

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:59 pm

albundy4td1game wrote:I see nothing wrong with the default sliders... Guys were rushing for 300 yards with the custom sliders too... and putting up crazy yards not sure how this is any different..
Guys are saying its just way easier now - they just not running to 400 or 500 where as on custom sliders that 300 yards was the BEST GAME MAX!

Default sliders are not as bad as I thought but they need some tweaking:

ZONE DEFENSE (we can't abandon half the defensive plays - a league of 100% man coverage like last year is lame as hell - EFFECTIVE ZONE DEFENSE NEEDS TO BE IN THE GAME!

RUN GAME shouldn't be as easy - CPU controlled players need to attack the ball better...

* if we can capture these 2 points in slider changes, I could live with the rest!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:05 pm

Can't compete with default sliders? The first 25 games proved that the sliders or version of madden we are playing didn't change the outcome of many of the games. My top yen from madden 13 to madden 25 has stayed virtually the same I'm this league. It's purely now a question of game play preference. I prefer to play the game on the hardest setting we can possibly play on and at the same time not compromise certain aspects of the game of football and how realistic the players react and move. I like the game better when the CPU players play smarter and better. It's harder to cheese the game and that to me makes the gameplay better.

The great players will still be great regardless of the sliders. It's just a matter of making adjustments to the physics of the game now. With the default sliders the zones don't work nearly as well and you have to play more man as a result. The guys hold the blocks longer as well so now the angles you use while running the ball will change. You can no longer just quickly switch to a defender and shed his block and then switch to the next guy who's blocked and get him shed. Now I have to try to use the LB or S I think will be free to ro for the play and avoid being blocked to get into the backfield. How you engage a would be tackler or ball carrier at point of impact is also much different.

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:09 pm

weasel_ wrote:Can't compete with default sliders?   The first 25 games proved that the sliders or version of madden we are playing didn't change the outcome of many of the games.    My top yen from madden 13 to madden 25 has stayed virtually the same I'm this league.   It's purely now a question of game play  preference.  I prefer to play the game on the hardest setting we can possibly play on and at the same time not compromise certain aspects of the game of football and how realistic the players react and move.   I like the game better when the CPU players play smarter and better.  It's harder to cheese the game and that to me makes the gameplay better.  

The great players will still be great regardless of the sliders.   It's just a matter of making adjustments to the physics of the game now.   With the default sliders the zones don't work nearly as well and you have to play more man as a result.   The guys hold the blocks longer as well so now the angles you use while running the ball will change.   You can no longer just quickly switch to a defender and shed his block and then switch to the next guy who's blocked and get him shed.   Now I have to try to use the LB or S I think will be free to ro for the play and avoid being blocked to get into the backfield.   How you engage a would be tackler or ball carrier at point of impact is also much different.  

Weasel and I are on the same page here!

And when the rest of the league gets a few more games under their belt in custom sliders they will see it too!

Default sliders dumb the game down! We want players to make realistic play (human or CPU controlled) - afterall u can only control 1 player at a time in this game! Clearly the other 10 have to make an impact on the game and shouldn't just be PYLONS!!!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next