* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

DEFAULT SLIDERS - how was your game?

+5
CharlieHustle
albundy4td1game
broadway_blitz
weasel_
GREENERRRR
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

DEFAULT SLIDERS - how was your game? - Page 2 Empty Re: DEFAULT SLIDERS - how was your game?

Post by weasel_ Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:15 pm

Yea let me have back my full control and make gap guess legal again! Please.... I don't know why guys would want to play a LB easier version of the game. I think somewhere between the original sliders we had and the default onse will be a good compromise. I told you before the only thing that was really off was the stamina and injury and penalties. If the Facemask oneakes the guys tackle better well so be it. The penalties aren't called that often anyways like Tillman eluded too in a previous post in one of these threads. I agree I can love with less penalties being called if the gameplay feels more realistic I guess. If something needs to be conceded it's better some random penalty call then overall game play for sure. But again I wish we had jut slowed down and done this in the pre season not experiment mid season. Or at least just done a full season one way and then a full season the other way and really get a good comparison. But whatever

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

DEFAULT SLIDERS - how was your game? - Page 2 Empty Re: DEFAULT SLIDERS - how was your game?

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:17 pm

weasel_ wrote:
Yea let me have back my full control and make gap guess legal again!

I have already said a few times should revisit this rule - the DL doesn't have an unstoppable firstb3 steps to the side they are guessing too (and that was the main beef...)

But this league has been swamped with self serving jerks - so I can't just unilateral crush the rule - I have to use such leverage to get other REASONABLE things in the game like effective zone play and CPU players who pursue to the ball carrier in a semi intelligent / AGRESSIVE way....

weasel_ wrote:I think somewhere between the original sliders we had and the default onse will be a good compromise.   I told you before the only thing that was really off was the stamina and injury and penalties.  
I agree with you there - the only thing that was off with original sliders was stamina, injury and penalties - but others blamed custom sliders for deficiencies in their gameplay...

I am willing to meet the default slider proponents halfway - lets discuss how we can change sliders to make the following improvements:

1) make zone defence playable

2) have CPU controlled players attack the ball carrier better

* their are varying opinions on how we can change default sliders so that these to critical parts of the game are fixed - but let's figure it out! Bottom line our custom sliders are not perfect and neither are default so lets find the solution!

weasel_ wrote:If the Facemask oneakes the guys tackle better well so be it.   The penalties aren't called that often anyways like Tillman eluded too in a previous post in one of these threads.   I agree I can love with less penalties being called if the gameplay feels more realistic I guess.  

I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR WEEKS!

And I was skeptical when I first read that penalty slider only effect gameplay (which causes more of that particular penalty to be called) AND THAT MAKES SENSE - madden does not have the complexity in programming to have the refs to call ROUGHING THE PASSER PENALTIES "TIGHTER" - this is accomplished by simply making pass rusher more agressively attack the quarterback! This in turns creates better pass rush and pursuit of the QB (in and outside of the pocket)

I created a PS3MG COMMUNITY - I can change SLIDERS to whatever you want (so that we can test different configurations...)

- lets make some suggestions on what default sliders we need to change to make ZONE DEFENSE and BALL CARRIER PURSUIT bettter... (I will implement these sliders in the community and we can test them... It's a PUBLIC COMMUNITYNso u can search and join it manually or I can invite you - just ask!

Does anyone know if we can make multiple people commish of a "community"? If so I will make everyone a commish so we can tweak sliders and test them easier!!!

GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by albundy4td1game Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:53 am

I have had a better pass rush with the default sliders so I am not sure where all this is coming from.. I agree that zone is less effective but it also depends on your players guys.. Not every NFL player can play zone defense well.. Not every player will break at the exact time.. Not every player can shed a block.. sometimes the offensive lineman is that good that he should hold the block etc.. I am not saying you cant tweak the sliders but the game was programmed so that the abilities of each player are different... just like in real life... By changing the sliders your making an avg linebacker as good as Patrick Willis.. an avg corner as good as Darrelle Revis... Do what you guys want (your going to anyways) but that's my opinion... Some guys should be a liability in coverage... some guys should be a liability in the run game... If you come out in nickel formation vs a run heavy offense set YOU SHOULD GET DOMINATED... Stop leaving DBS on Lineman and TES... If your LB is trying to cover an elite WR zone or not... he should be dominated... I have had no problem playing defense on the default sliders...

albundy4td1game
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:03 pm

You missing the point of the message BUNDY

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by kavorka2 Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:09 pm

I played my game, and I really didn't notice much difference. Maybe because I played a TOUGH opponent, that made the right defense calls and actually played well with his Safety and Linebacker. Even though my RB Morris rushed over 200 yards, it was skewed by two long runs that he just broke tackles. Probably because his defense was TIRED. His defense was on the field WAY too long. My 2nd running back, Bell, rushed with about 5.0 yards per carry, which was about the same as Morris, had I not had those two long runs. I actually can say I had a tough time running the ball.

My zone defense was pretty stout too. He had some success early on, and I had to make some adjustments (I was down 28-14) and I ended up stopping him for about 4 consecutive drives. His receiving yardage with Marshall was a little skewed bc of garbage time plays.

All in all, I think these default sliders work fine. Maybe stamina can be slightly changed? My guess is, depending on your opponent, you will have different opinions about it.

*I also had a couple of sacks

kavorka2
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by albundy4td1game Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:31 pm

Yup it all depends on who your playing... also your players attributes.. Guys with good awareness and PRC and zone coverage seem to play just fine to me in zone coverage.. those without it look a little lost (as they should)... I have been pressuring QBS more with the default sliders...so I am not sure why people saying pass rush is worse (maybe those guys don't have good pass rushers and the sliders were making them play better before?) I can say I played the Panthers twice this season once with default sliders and once with custom sliders... in the custom slider game I rushed for over 250 yards and he rushed for over 350 yards... these numbers were way down in the default sliders game (about half those totals) and most of my yard came on one long run of like 75 yards.. I won the game with default sliders by a few TDS (mostly due to turnovers) and lost by 6 points with the custom sliders... Guys are fumbling more on the default sliders it seems which I think is more realistic...

albundy4td1game
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:46 pm

Pass rush is not as good - I have the best pass rusher in the league at DE in ORAKPO(he lead the league in sacks in year 1) - he hasn't made a sack all year with default sliders! -and on the other side is INGRAM who is solid too!!! He has been shut out!!!

No doubt pass rush is a lot weaker with default sliders...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by McNoob Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:32 pm

I don't know what to say... these sliders are terrible. DBs can't cover man or zone, RBs have the whole field to run, LBs have terrible pursuit. No pass rush either.

I feel like I'm playing college football and it's just silly.

McNoob

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:35 am

McNoob wrote:I don't know what to say... these sliders are terrible. DBs can't cover man or zone, RBs have the whole field to run, LBs have terrible pursuit. No pass rush either.

I feel like I'm playing college football and it's just silly.
I think it's coming down to a poll of members...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by albundy4td1game Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:29 am

I still have had no problem with default sliders... you guys do what you gotta do to scale the game to your liking... there is a reason players have traits for play recognition... pursuit... and awareness... changing the sliders make these skill sets less important

albundy4td1game
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

DEFAULT SLIDERS - how was your game? - Page 2 Empty Sliders

Post by Krock Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:33 am

I agree with bundy I'm not having any issues and moving it from default sliders hampers what madden figured out together as far as awareness and all their traits. The only thing that has hampered me is the constant change of the sliders it's been fine lately leave them alone everyone is playing in the same boat changing them just because a few people are having a tough time running being in zone or anything isn't the way to go it only benefits them. As far as pass rush I've been doing better since we have stayed at default not sure what the issue is.

Krock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2