* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

SLIDER VOTE!

+2
BurrInThePaint
GREENERRRR
6 posters

Go down

SLIDER VOTE! Empty SLIDER VOTE!

Post by GREENERRRR Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:50 pm

After much controversy between DEFAULT and CUSTOM sliders - This will be the FINAL VOTE on sliders...

Reply the following:

If you prefer the standard DEFAULT slider set = reply with word DEFAULT

or

If you prefer a COMPROMISED CUSTOM slider set - that we scaled back to help levitate concerns for default proponents (as described in the next post...) = reply with word CUSTOM

note: I am still looking for someone to post the benefits of DEFAULT SLIDERS - I started asking 2 days ago - nobody has step forward - so if nobody does their perspective / opinion will not be displayed (and if that's the case - then clearly the issue was not that important to them...)
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

SLIDER VOTE! Empty Augmented CUSTOM SLIDERS

Post by GREENERRRR Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:34 pm

First I want to re-iterate that CPU SLIDERS have no impact on our league games (that are humans vs humans) - many people believed that CPU SLIDERS reffered to CPU controlled players in our league games - THIS IS NOT THE CASE! And I proved this fact in weeks 15 and 16 when I set all CPU SLIDERS TO ZERO! Our league games had no change - only impact was in PRACTICE or if your opponent was not available and u had to play CPU!

Our main goal is to change the following:

1) Have better pursuit to the QB (to stop the over powered QB run game)

2) Tone down the RB run game; Running the ball is a critical part of the game - but it shouldn't dominate play!

3) Make zone Defenses more effective; in default settings the are almost UNPLAYABLE! They shouldn't dominate a game - but they need to useable...

4) Have better pursuit on KICKOFF and PUNT COVERAGE; self explanatory! Kick returns are ramped up and 90% of punts are angled out of bounds because the coverage is so weak...

The second point I want to make is that we have SCALED BACK our CUSTOM SLIDER set as a position of compromise - we hope that our default slider proponents recognize this and meet us at this compromise...

CUSTOM SLIDERS ORIGINALLY to what we COMPROMISE them to... And what they are intended to impact

QB ACCURACY 13 to 25 This setting allows for differential in passers; When set too high, traditionally weak passers way to effective (making the value between BRADY and TEBOW negligible)

PASS BLOCKING 30 to 40 We are not far from default rating - we spit the difference....

WR CATCHING 50 (stay the same) - default is set to 75 which I think is too high...

RUN BLOCKING 15 to 20 - Fundemntal problem with default sliders! Run game needs to be tuned down! But we move it closer to default from what we had originally!

PASS REACTION TIME 40 to 50 (same as default) - another example of compromise - we moved this rating to the same as default

INTERCEPTION 50 (stay the same and same as default) - another example of compromise - we moved this rating to the same as default

PASS COVERAGE 15 to 20 - (FYI lower the # the tighter the coverage - it's counter intuitive...) - fundemental problem with default sliders and this will aid in making zone Defense more effective but we still compromise by making it 5 points closer to default

Tackling 55 to 50 (same as default) another example of compromise - we moved this rating to the same as default

* remember penalty slider EFFECT GAMEPLAY! Refs are not programmed to call certain penalties "tighter" - THEY ALWAYS CALL THE PLAYS THE SAME! What changes is how players react... Example ROUGHING THE KICKER would impact how AGRESSIVE the punt block team pursues the kicker on punts!

PENALTY SLIDERS

OFFSIDE 80 to 50 (same as default) - another example of compromise - we moved this rating to the same as default

FALSE START 51 to 50 (same as default) - another example of compromise - we moved this rating to the same as default

HOLDING 25 to 50 (same as default) - another example of compromise - we moved this rating to the same as default

FACEMASK 2 to 8 - critical to stopping the run - defenders need to play more AGRESSIVE

DEFENSIVE PASS INTERFERENCE 7 to 8 - critical to making zone coverage more effective - defenders need to more agressively attack passes

OFFENSIVE PASS INTERFERENCE 7 to 8 keeping this low; even though its counter intuitive to making zone coverage better - research shows this is way to go (but if we're wrong this can easily be moved closer to the default setting...)

PUNT CATCH INTERFERENCE 15 to 17 to help KICK COVERAGE (punt and kickoff) players more agressively pursue the ball - this penalty is kept low...

CLIPPING 33 to 50 (same as default) to scale back how agressively offensive players block downfield - this slider is moved to DEFAULT

INTENTIONAL GROUNDING 10 To 50 (same as default) an example of compromise with default proponents

ROUGHING PASSER 40 to 20 - to make players more agressively pursue the QB (to stop over powered QB runs) - we have to move this slider downward

ROUGHING THE KICKER 25 to 50 (same as default) - another example if compromise for default slider proponents

Note: this slider set is UNPROOVEN so minor tweaks in the season MAY be warranted...

This slider set considers to the main issues CUSTOM SLIDER proponents are concerned about but still makes compromises from our preferred slider set to reach out to DEFAULT SLIDER PROPONENTS - all but ROUGHING THE PASSER slider moves closer to default then we had them originally - in fact 9 of these sliders are at that DEFAULT SETTING...

CUSTOM SLIDER PROPONENTS HAVE WORKED HARD TO COMPROMISE WITH DEFAULT SLIDERS - I hope the default guys take time to recognize that....
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

SLIDER VOTE! Empty Re: SLIDER VOTE!

Post by BurrInThePaint Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:06 pm

We need custom sliders to fix what EA doesn't if u don't user stop most if these over power run plays the CPU is hopeless

BurrInThePaint

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:07 pm

I doubt anyone will bother comin on here to debate this. Everyone who used to be active posting on ere is no longer in the league I feel like.

I vote default at this point because all the other leagues I'm in and ranked games all use the same sliders. They should have never been changed and now that they are I prefer them to stay put.

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddening isn't it? Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:10 pm

I was for default, but I can live with your new custom sliders. Count me as a custom vote.

Maddening isn't it?
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by BurrInThePaint Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:01 pm

Option is dead in the nfl madden hasn't caught up u gotta user stop it i didn't even know how over powered it is because I'm so used to the custom sliders i only play online franchise tho

BurrInThePaint

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:01 pm

The following players have voted in favour of CUSTOM SLIDER set (feel free to double check with them if you doubt this)

GREENERRRR
BroadwayBlitz
Chizz522
Dcolon
GrimXreefer
Ct2384
GENERAL HON
X BEASTEMODE X
RIPPATILLMAN
KROCKGIZMO
MOS3kid
Drmcnoob
Ishitonpplo3
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by x-Beastmode-x- Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:36 pm

custom sliders wrk way better thn default n mk the gameply how it should be

x-Beastmode-x-

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:21 am

Word without the sliders I would have never beaten east mode last year! ha

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieHustle Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:05 pm

GREENERRRR wrote:* remember penalty slider EFFECT GAMEPLAY! Refs are not programmed to call certain penalties "tighter" - THEY ALWAYS CALL THE PLAYS THE SAME! What changes is how players react... Example ROUGHING THE KICKER would impact how AGRESSIVE the punt block team pursues the kicker on punts!

This is not true, Greenerrr... Since leaving the league a few months back, I've joined numerous types of leagues including; sim, non-sim, non-draft, FD legends, FD real rosters, as well as becoming commissioner of my own league (which is full btw)... So not only have I seen different frequencies on calls, I've seen different types of calls that were made within these lgs depending on the slider settings... And of course I decided to test them in my own league.

What I noticed; the penalty settings DO NOT affect how the players play, it only affects the amount of calls that are made in a game... For example, when I changed the face-mask penalty from 50 (default) to 55, there were an average range of 1-3 face-masks per game. At 50, there were no calls. Needless to say, we all agreed that the setting was too high so I moved it backed down to 50.

The same thing happened with the roughing the passer slider. It didn't affect how the pass rushers played, they still were able to get to the QB just the same. The only difference was the frequency of calls. Even the cpu controlled players were getting roughing calls...

There's actually different animations (along with instant replay animations) for penalties that I'm sure most of you who only play in leagues with little-to-no penalties have ever seen... And if your team is on a losing streak, with a bunch of cold players, your players will commit more penalties. I have 31 guys that can vouch for me on this. lol

I deliberately raised the penalty sliders in my lg to make the game more realistic, because you're not playing organized football unless the refs are throwing flags... If it happens in real-life organized football, then it should happen in the video game as well. Anything less isn't sim football.

So with that said, there is no reason why we shouldn't (at least) see any holding, off-sides, or false start calls in this lg...
CharlieHustle
CharlieHustle
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:45 pm

Ok - so your saying that your observations are right - and the hundreds of years of madden experience listed from experts on OS are wrong? Hmmmm
Bro - PENALTY SLIDERS do not impact how many penalties are called - it influences how players play and that directly impacts that paticular penalty...

You basicly explain your opinion based on your observation - and don't provide any specifics (unlike the multiple angles if reasoning and specific anti docs I provide... You basicly say, "this is what I saw and think..." - which is only supported by your single point if you - unlike how I formed my opinions from the dozens of playersidseadon hundreds of posts made on this topic at OS...

The game doesn't have a mechanism to call "more penalties" - it's computer!

The operating system that call penalties sees things as BLACK and WHITE - did the OLINE hold or not? Did the Defense hit the qb well after the qb threw the ball or not???? Did the defense contact the receiver before the ball arrived at the receiver or not????

ONLY WAY TO GET MORE PENALTIES IS TO CHANGE HOW PLAYERS PLAY - and this in turn impacts various rules that are broken...

Example - less DEFENSIVE PASS INTERFERENCE makes defensive players more aggressively attack the ball on pass plays

Or

Less PUNT CATCH INTERFERENCE makes the coverage team attack the punt returner more aggressively in punts

less ROUGHING THE PASSER - makes the pass rush more effective for the DL

Guys are mistaken if they believe slider changes will just allow refs to call a paticular penalty "tighter" - that goes against everything computer programs are based on!!! The penalty either occurred or didn't (there is no grey area allowing the ref to make a "judgement call" and subsequently call a penalty tighter or more loose)

* 28 of 36 total sliders are at the DEFAULT all madden setting - we compromised on this in a huge way!

You need to look at how many sliders we changed to DEFAULT - and meet us halfway - plus the 8 sliders that are not DEFAULT are closer to default then they use to be...

https://maddengroup.forumotion.com/t6947-slider-vote

I have seen the exact opposite then what u claim - and so have other players with BIGTIME madden credentials... - see link below...

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football-sliders/655956-xxkidvxx-madden-25-sliders-best-world-penalty-slider-resarch.html
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieHustle Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:13 am

So you're disproving my "opinions" with the opinions of others?? C'mon greenerrr... that's a logical fallacy, homie. lol

I'm not telling you what "I saw and think", I telling you the outcomes of what happened when I adjusted certain sliders in our league games... there's no "opinion" there. If the ref threw 3 flags with the slider on 55, and none when it was on 50. That is evidence that the sliders do have an affect on the amount of calls made...

Algorithms (which are the brains of the AI) are mathematical equations, so you're right, there is no grey area... The higher the slider setting, the higher the frequency of calls that will be made when the same action happens (i.e. a player hits the QB after the ball is released) on numerous occasions, and vice verse... It's really that simple.

You can keep listening to a bunch of know-it-all idiots on these forums if you want to, but we're all buying and playing the same game from EA sports. They're no more "masters" than you or I... and they can be wrong just the same.

OH!! And this is directly from that link you posted above:

QB Acc: 5
Pass Block: 22
WR Catching: 29
Run Block: 1
Fumbles: 32
Pass D React: 40
Interceptions: 22
Pass Coverage: 79
Tackling: 26

DO you see where the pass coverage slider is??

(Just to prove that these are merely nothing more than "preferences", not "sliders to live by" you try putting the QB accuracy slider on 5 and see how much of an uproar you get around here. lol... I played in a league that set the passing slider to 6, and people complained left and right. They can't fill that lg to save their asses. lol)
CharlieHustle
CharlieHustle
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:27 pm

Lol - you are picking on 1 post (out of 100s) that was made at beginning of year (before any patches) and it's FOR MAKING GAMES VS THE CPU REALISTIC - we play in human vs human games - huge difference!

We played a season on default sliders - DEFENSE WAS A TOTAL JOKE - guys loss their mind quickly!

I have explained with INTUITIVE REASONING why each slider is at their level - AND 75% OF THEM ARE AT YPUR DRFAULT RATINGS!

u want to make pass coverage and run defense sliders DEFAULT too - sorry but have you seem the scores in games? Offense is already wayyyy to easy. (And I am sure it's even easier in your league) - at least we give the defense A FIGHTING CHANCE for success...

And for the record - the number of PENALTIES called in a game have always been an issue - I am willing to bet that your default league doesn't even have 25% of the penalties that are called in real life!!!

And remember many of our penalty sliders are already at default - how come these penalties aren't being called? - reason is simple - having same % of penalties as NFL has never happened in madden!

The positive thing is that in the ps4 version of gm - this issue is solved - default sliders play perfectly! So that bolds well for next year - but that's almost 8 months away - so until then we have to continue to prop up MADDENs weak ass defense!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieHustle Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:58 pm

lol... You're alright with me, greenerrrr. You are a man who is steadfast in his convictions, even if they are leading him right to the edge of a cliff. lol... One thing we can agree on, thank the man upstairs for the ps4 so we don't have to worry about this anymore. lol
CharlieHustle
CharlieHustle
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:07 am

The game play is good if you are playing loose you will pay for it. I'm happy with themselves at this point. I have never seen a Facemask penalty in this league thoughbLOK

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down