* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Rookie Draft

+2
falconfansince81
dodgerfan4eva916
6 posters

Go down

Rookie Draft Empty Rookie Draft

Post by dodgerfan4eva916 Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:34 am

Curious, how does the rookie draft work for online franchises? Being that there is no scouting does it give you an indication of possible potential? I drafted some dt #3 overall in my offline franchise today that was a "top 5" pick and he was a 57 with D potential lol. Hoping that doesnt happen online.

dodgerfan4eva916

Back to top Go down

Rookie Draft Empty Re: Rookie Draft

Post by falconfansince81 Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:07 am

can't see potential until you draft em, but i mean you can look at ovr rating and stats for their position and guess pretty close to what potential they'll be. online franchise is really pretty shallow.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:24 pm

yea it is really shallow specially since every rookie draft is the same in all franchises. the same rookies pop up every year for every franchise.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by dodgerfan4eva916 Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:25 pm

how do you mean you can see there rating? In offline mode all I could see is that little meter thing that gives you a general idea of how fast they are ect.. I couldnt see there actual "rating" or any specific numbers unless they were scouted. In online franchise can you see the players actual rating before you draft them? Just trying to avoid drafting a major bust lol.

dodgerfan4eva916

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:26 pm

dodgerfan4eva916 wrote:how do you mean you can see there rating? In offline mode all I could see is that little meter thing that gives you a general idea of how fast they are ect.. I couldnt see there actual "rating" or any specific numbers unless they were scouted. In online franchise can you see the players actual rating before you draft them? Just trying to avoid drafting a major bust lol.

yeah you can see every number for every stat category including overall, just like the nfl drafts. only thing you don't see is potential.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:20 pm

Who is kidding who I am let the cat out of the bag! If you simulate a entire season you can see how all players progress including rookies why do you think a CB with a overall of 75 gets taken before a 83 overall at same position because people KNOW what they are going to progress at. Peace out!

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnylagz17 Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:33 pm

it sounds cheap but vistas right except offline has more draft classes .. online has a certain amount cant recall it , n ppl around here use a site that has the draft classes ( saw this last year) and their potentials listed

and every1 acts like they dont use it.. I havent found 1 for this year but i havent draftd yet , and youll see a few of the same drafts anyway

the rookie drafts are bs until they are completely random until then every1 will just draft A A A A ( who knows) regrardless of overall ..

but that also means if you get a later player hell be a higher rated B ... and ppl I've noticed haven't seen this madden you can get a B potential past 90 overall ( you just need the stats where as As almost seem to just jump up 10 pts in 1 season overall lol )

.. dont sweat it even the busts can fill in for a season and a season isn't so bad right now right ?
johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

https://facebook.com  look for john lagonigro ...

Back to top Go down

Post by dodgerfan4eva916 Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:20 am

Well hopefully nobody has made any of those sites yet this year cause thats pretty lame. As far as knowing who to draft in the regular drafts i guess if your willing to do you homework and study all the players potential before a draft you deserve to get a good team but seems like a lot of effort to me =)

dodgerfan4eva916

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:01 am

yea EA is lazy when it comes to this IMO. i mean 99 speed running backs dont come around as often as they do for rookie drafts. i remember there was rb with 99 speed and everything like cj and there was a wr with like the same attributes as calvin johnson it was crazy and these guys new exactly who they were before the draft was even close to getting there making trades like ill give u this person and that person if u draft this guy and it was in the playoffs so the sorry teams already had their draft position.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnylagz17 Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:22 am

I remember a guy like leron talyor? idk either they were using a Lebron refrence or LT as a hb but smaller but he was a stud rb who I would rather have than cj

then there was a 6 something rb after him who mirrored guys like jim brown/brandon jacobs ( size wise in jacobs case...)

n wrs some who had all the stats and better overall were f#ckin cs lol it just didnt make any sense but like I said ..those c rated players wont kill you like alll these other players believe..

you see if I draft a 70 wr A potential whose slower and wait for him to grow and you draft a 88 c overall whose 99 speed .. you really gonna complain ? lol

we all hype about A potential players it seems like alot of us play with no confidence .. A players are for teams that need to rebuild , high rated players are for win now players

you can tell whose who just by looking at their team .. young low rated starters= a potential .. if they win with them that just sucks for us though but makes me wonder why not grab a better guy and do more damage ..maybe its the difference in the playoffs/superbowl

...we all do it though we dont even want b potential players lol

.. if you feel the drafts set up .. every1 will want your #1 over all .. trade it and show up for their pick at least ..
johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:19 pm

when i see guys with mostly rookie players and dominate makes me think i kno nothing about online franchise (which i dont). guy have rookie qb's and low overall offensive linemen and i got veterans at linebacker and they be gettin stuff by the rookies on the line. seems like overall means nothing but potential means everything. im more of a B potential guy i wanna win now F the future caus ill maintain and stay competitive.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:48 pm

THE OLDEST DEBATE IN PLAYER SELECTION HISTORY -

do you go with the young inexperienced rookie (who has the potential to improve down the road) or the prooven veteran who has the ability to compete NOW but mnay not be around as long... love how EA sports capture this...

personally i think that players 28-31 yrs old GET OVERLOOKED... they will be around for 5-8 years (which is signifuicant - u can pick up guys who are a real help to your tema in that age group - and it MAY NOT COST U THAT MUCH!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by dodgerfan4eva916 Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:01 pm

When I draft I like to get mostly young players and mix in some good old players when I get a chance. In both my drafts some 85+ 28-31 yr old have fallen deep and Iv gotten lucky and picked them up. Will be interesting to see how VIP franchise draft goes down thursday =)

dodgerfan4eva916

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnylagz17 Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:37 pm

this madden screwed me so badly

my zone coverage last year was perfect this year its worthless

the adjustments they make every year change how i SHOULD draft yet I draft by value of player so I can trade or upgrade as needed threw out 2 seasons and by season 3 I can make a great run

johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:13 pm

I draft for right now so all y'all goin yung please keep lettin the old "good" farts slide by for me. Ill upgrade old players potisions in the rookie draft. I just hope that all rookie drafts aren't the same for every franchise that would suck. Can y'all imagine ppl with bad records or players with good records to bad records players sayin u draft "bobby jenkins aka cj and ill give u so and so" (just an example). Only reason y they kno they are there is because they saw him in another draft they are in. That would suck

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnylagz17 Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:16 pm

buddah.. it is going to happen again ..hate to say it

drafts arent gonna be majorly different heck I wouldnt be shocked to see the same names from last years franchises lol
johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:18 pm

L lol we gotta do something about that...probably not tho

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down