* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

CROSSING ROUTES R A GM EXPLOIT NEEDING ATTENTION

+4
falconfansince81
Cheddah_Cheez
dtigertron
GREENERRRR
8 posters

Go down

CROSSING ROUTES R A GM EXPLOIT NEEDING ATTENTION Empty CROSSING ROUTES R A GM EXPLOIT NEEDING ATTENTION

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:07 pm

I have seen more and more guys EXCLUSIVELUY using crossing routre tactics... and form what i ahve read in these forums - and form discussions i have had with others - this is clearly the route that is MOST DIFFICULT TO STOP CONSISTANTLY...

what can we do to elliminate this from taken away form our committment to SIM play???
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

CROSSING ROUTES R A GM EXPLOIT NEEDING ATTENTION Empty Re: CROSSING ROUTES R A GM EXPLOIT NEEDING ATTENTION

Post by dtigertron Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:58 pm

Problem is that a lot of pass plays in Madden this year have at least one person running a crossing route. I was using a "run first" play book the other day that I am just getting used to. So I am in a franchise game and looking at plays for "passing situation" and said to my self "Man, all these plays look alike!" Cause they had 1 or 2 streaks and an inside post or crossing route. I have sense looked into parts of the play book that I don't usually use and found more variety in the plays. But if you don't really explore your play book, it can be hard to find variety in the passing game.

ps. That could have just been that playbook.
dtigertron
dtigertron
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

CROSSING ROUTES R A GM EXPLOIT NEEDING ATTENTION Empty Re: CROSSING ROUTES R A GM EXPLOIT NEEDING ATTENTION

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:08 pm

It's more of the mesh type crossing routes that really need attention. Single crossing routes can be easily defended, it's when two receivers cross from opposite sides of the field that is the problem, especially against zones. To be honest, I can't see a solution, especially not one that's enforceable to any degree.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:30 pm

yeah i think the drags are the problem..me and cheddah labbed almost an hour one night just running drags before we found a play to 'sort of' shut them down...
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:33 pm

yea i would honestly say that it will be hard to enforce a rule like this. the problem is ppl with fast wrs and having time to do and they just out run the coverage. when ppl run slants on opposite side and they meet 8 out of 10 times the db's get shook off and the wrs run free. im not sure if u can use blitzes to not alot that kind of time or play cover 2 or 4. i usually let them do the drags and make the tackle for minimal gain but it is a problem that doesnt have a solution becuase alot of plays use them. i just think that ppl need to have some integrity and run different route do different plays.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:29 pm

well i dont think its a exploit its just that against man coverage its the only thing that work consistently in which it should be when i watch a nfl thats the route i usually see the most
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:03 pm

the main problem with trying to defend it with a zone scheme like cover 2 sink is that 1. the hook zones are played too deep, i like that in ncaa11 you can choose to play a more shallow zone which would solve this problem and 2. its of course vulnerable to the flags and posts. i do like man for this, especially the nickle sub double man spy.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:07 pm

The huge problem is that when ppl draft for speed at wr crossing routes are freakin dangerous and cover 2 since only works inside the 15

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by PaPZ187 Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:16 pm

Child_Please4285 wrote:well i dont think its a exploit its just that against man coverage its the only thing that work consistently in which it should be when i watch a nfl thats the route i usually see the most

I totally agree, when someone is using man coverage that is really one of the only routes that works consistently, and if your a good defender with a solid team you can still contain it as long as you cover atleast one of the wrs yourself over the middle.

Cheddar is actually pretty good at defending these routes over the middle (cross, slants, etc.) You just gotta call the right defenses and user a lb or s and play some zone or double someone. Yeah there will be times where they still get open, but that's gonna happen, can't stop it everytime.

Now if you constantly run a double cross, then that's just being cheesy and violating the rule about running the same play over and over. If your pass plays consists of one crossing route 60-70% of the time I don't see nothing wrong with that. If the D takes away the deep routes by playing certain zones or 2 man over the top, then why wouldn't you throw a crossing pattern or slant or hitch, you gotta take what the D gives you. If you keep floating over the middle and bump my WRs trying to defend those routes I will audible to send someone on a streak, its a chess game and when you play good offensive teams then you gotta pick your poison, just like the Pats in real life, how often does Welker run a crossing or slant route? You can either take that away, or take away the deep ball, and even if you try to take away the crosses and slants doesn't mean you can always stop him either, quick WRs are still gonna get open.

Just my opinion.
PaPZ187
PaPZ187
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:18 pm

that about it papz, it all comes down to abusing one play over and over which is against the rules anyways. i'm not one to sit there and calculate your percentage but like you said, gotta take what the d is giving you. i remember last year one guy called me out in the super bowl sayin i was abusing the flats and slants...ALL he was running was press man blitzes leaving the flats open as well as the TE post. of course i'm gonna go there...it really comes down to adjustments...sure the drags are a pain to defend but they are containable, and so long as its not the same play every down i don't see a reason to ban the route or anything drastic.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:39 pm

this is a fact if some runs man D most of the time (which alot of ppl do) and you dont run slant or drags you will never win and hardly ever complete a pass
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by PaPZ187 Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Yeah that's true, man D, especially with user as a LB or S playing over the middle is extremly tough to pass against, if they have good user skills and decent players. When playing on All Madden skill level its really hard to get a guy open on a comeback, hitch and out pass paterns. Usually if the CB is average to above average in man coverage he will jump a comeback or hitch route a ridiculos amount of the time, and that's with throwing the ball low and before the WR evens breaks to come back.

I still switch it up, try to use slants (short and deep) go routes, comebacks along with crossing routes. However if your in a man d, I read the coverage and all my options are covered then my best bet is to check it down to a half back or the guy crossing over the middle, and if your not careful the CB can jump that route for a pick.

As long as my opponent switches up his play calling for the most part I'm good with that. To ban or limit a route is extremly tough and. What are you suppose to do if he is the only guy open or that's the only route my opponent isn't defending?
PaPZ187
PaPZ187
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:04 pm

i am a zone guy - and if a palyers practice and throw this vs a zone - ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS THROWQ THE BALL WHen the INTENDED RECIEVER IS IN THE HEART OF A ZONE - by the time he catches the ball on the crossinbg route - he is gonna be in a seam and make an ez completion...

i dont thionk its an issue if guys have 1 pplayer doing crossing routes (defneses should be able to comepnsate and adjust for that) - BUT 2 PLAYERS CROSSING IS TUFF - U TAKE AWAYT THE 1 PLAYER CROSSING - HGE JUST THROWS IT TO THE OTHER...

NOT SAYN TO MAKLE THIS PLAY ILLEGAL - but perhaps lump all dbl crossing rouets together - so they are limited by our repetivve play calling rule - rule #1
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:27 pm

Personally I think it's BS that people do double crossing routes so often. However, there's pretty much nothing that can be done to regulate it. If someone's only passing plays are screens, double crosses, and flats, plus a few runs, there's no way they'd be in violation of the rule. And if they are, it'd be pretty hard to calculate on the fly. And if you do, you don't have enough upload spots to properly illustrate that if you do save the replays. So my advice is learn to defend each, and hope you guess right at the right time, end of story.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace1129 Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:34 pm

I think lumping all crossing routes together shouldnt even be discused. I asked about lumping Run plays together and you said it was out of the question Greener. But thats prolly cuz all you do is run, not being a jerk im just saying. If you wont lump runs then you shouldnt lump passes!!!

Ace1129
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down