* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Nothing could be possibly worse!

5 posters

Go down

Nothing could be possibly worse! Empty Nothing could be possibly worse!

Post by Vista3131 Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:12 pm

Guys I spent over 100 hours editing the entire MLB the Show team rosters MLB, Triple A and Double A. Took me over 3 months. Well remember when we were having all the disconnect issues and someone said to clear out the Madden saved files well it also cleaned out my MLB saved File. I think I am going to be sick!

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Nothing could be possibly worse! Empty Re: Nothing could be possibly worse!

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:27 pm

...ouch
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:04 pm

one time i deleted my entire college portfolio (graphic design major) when i reformatted, it was unrecoverable...so...5 years of school and nothing to show for it lol, it can ALWAYS be worse Smile
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Shlarman Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:31 pm

holy shit falc, that sucks

Shlarman
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:09 pm

Nothing is unrecoverable too bad falcon didn't know me back then I would have hooked you up on something that big.
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:19 pm

Rui_F wrote:Nothing is unrecoverable too bad falcon didn't know me back then I would have hooked you up on something that big.

aw damn lol...yeah i spent a good few weeks remaking everything, which in the end came out better anyways. are ps3 hard drives just as retrievable?
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:14 am

Can you help me broh!

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:15 pm

The ps3 drive is a regular notebook hard drive, the problem is each individual gaming system encodes their hard drives with certain files telling them that the hard drive belongs in the system and it will only use one hard drive at a time. If those files where damaged they are very small and hard to recover.

I am assuming you already tried the PS3 recovery menu if you have not this is some info. I have never had to use it but I asume these instructions are correct.

PS3 Recovery menu features

1. Restart system – reboots system to XMB.
2. Restore default settings – resets all system setting to the default factory values. Does not delete data.
3. Restore file system – checks for corrupt/missing system files.
4. Rebuild database – rebuilds the PS3 OS. Does not delete data.
5. Restore PS3 system – resets entire PS3. Deletes all data and resets settings to factory defaults.
6. System update – updates the firmware on the Ps3.

Instructions

1. Turn off the PlayStation 3 and leave it on stand-by
2. Hold down the power button. You will here one beep as you touch the button and another a few seconds later. The PS3 should turn itself off again.
3. Hold down the power button down once again. You will here a beep as you touch followed by another single beep a few seconds later.
4. Take you finger off the power button when you hear last more two beeps In quick succession).
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB.
6. Press the PS button and you should see the recovery menu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2YnGGUOJks

I would only try to use options 2 and 4 if you are trying to save those game files

If that does not work

What you could do is go to your local computer store "borrow" a notebook hard drive sized external enclosure plug that into your computer and use a recovery program on your computer to see if your files are still there, if you google "ps3 hard drive file structure" you will probably be able to figure out what files are the save files. As long as they are not encrypted and they should not be you can move those files to a usb and then move them to the new hard drive on the ps3.

If it was a physical failure of the hard drive (like a motor) then the hard drive would have to be opened up and to be honest I am not going to put a tech at work opening up a video game drive.

Real life stuff where someones livelihood can be affected I might but for video games.....

But if you need more help in doing the above drop me an email or ask any questions here and I will do my best.
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down