* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Vista in chedahs LG...

2 posters

Go down

Vista in chedahs LG... Empty Vista in chedahs LG...

Post by surfnturf90 Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:39 am

Summary
1st quarter : He had 2 long field goal drives where he kept picking up 3rd down conversions, and I went 3 and out on my only possession, so not a great start. The key play was a 3rd and 24 from about midfield, where he threw a Hb screen and terrible tackling by both me and the computer let him pick up the 1st down. If my defense hadn't stepped up and held him to field goals in the redzone, the game could have gotten ugly from here.

2nd quarter : This is where the game turned in my favor, and I was definitely help by some of that famous Madden luck. I scored on a 61 yard run by Spiller, got a pick on his net possession, and scored on a 17 yard pass to Ogletree with 9 seconds left in the half. After I kicked off, he had 2 seconds left on the clock and had the ball on his 20 yard line, but instead of kneeling to get to halftime, he decided to try to pass, which was questionable, but defensible because he knew I was getting the ball at halftime, so maybe he felt like he had to score. Luckily for me, he threw a pick, that I returned for a TD with no time left on the clock. Those 3 TD's in just over 2 minutes of gametime really turned the whole game around and let me play more conservatively, while it forced him to throw more than he would have liked.

2nd half
Not much happened, I threw a pick near my own endzone to give him another fieldgoal, but it didn't end up mattering because he threw me a couple more picks so I was able to keep his offense from scoring after that. I tacked on another fieldgoal to go back up by 15, and he threw a pick on his last drive so I was able to kneel and run out the clock.

Overall
This was a tough game, and it was a lot closer than the final score makes it look. Vista has a solid running game, and he hit me with a couple big ones, as well as some screen passes and a few lobs to McCluster that kept the ball moving early. Unfortunately, Matt Cassel missed a bunch of throws for him that lead to picks, and my Dline/linebackers were getting good pressure all day making it tough for him to throw. Patrick Robinson had 3 picks including the pick 6, and Lardarius Webb had 2 sacks, so I was pretty happy with the way that my corners played in this game. My offense looks like the weak link though, besides the one long run by Spiller and the 2 minute drill that lead to a TD by Ogletree, I didn't have a lot of success moving the ball, but I'm hoping some of that was Vista's D because it was pretty stacked.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Vista in chedahs LG... Empty Re: Vista in chedahs LG...

Post by Vista3131 Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:48 pm

No doubt I made the bonehead play of the season so far (Many more to come I am sure). To do anything but end the half is inexcusible to your credit you made me pay in the worst way possible. That game was tight and tough and most of all fun. Good Luck as we go through this gauntlet schedule!

Last edited by Vista3131 on Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:16 pm

Yeah that game was a lot of fun, I think if you had any QB except for Cassel it would have been a different story.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down