* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

I lost so we need a new rule

+3
Cheddah_Cheez
sickxstick-
Child_Please4285
7 posters

Go down

I lost so we need a new rule Empty I lost so we need a new rule

Post by Child_Please4285 Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:04 am

am i the only guy who notice that alot of new rules are trying to be implaced because someone lost and they pick out one reason or fluke play and decide that its the reason they were "cheezed" out of a win and it should be a rule against it. Me personally i really don't care if there is new rules i can adjust to playing anyway but thats not the point. The point of playing a video game is to have fun not read an encyclopedia of rules and try to mimic what one or a few ppl consider sim while playing and if u slip up once and do something be branded as a cheezer. Lets just play clean legit football guys
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

I lost so we need a new rule Empty Re: I lost so we need a new rule

Post by sickxstick- Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:19 am

hank you Child_Please. Its like if they lose they need to make new rules up because they didnt like something. Like the QB rule, someone probably had a fast qb and a really good passing QB dominate them. So there needs to be a new rule against that. That was just an example.

I agree play legit football and be happy not make 100 different rules, to help the less "sticked skilled" or help the less overall skilled. If I get my ass whooped, I'm going to learn from what my opponent did to me and maybe incorporate it into my game, not sit there and bitch. Maybe the guy did glitch me, have the proof and get rid of him.

SO WHAT IM SAYING

Quit the bitching because your not on someone else's gaming level, and making rules to even the odds or tailor your game..

(That is unless your being cheated and have proof!)
sickxstick-
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=634104157

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:22 am

I'll stick by my rule about subbing QBs. I don't think anyone knows how to scramble or defend the scramble better than I do. I have been doing it against people subbing in QBs since I got to the group so it's not like I can't stop it. I proposed it because that's how it is in the NFL...people don't sub QBs in non-wildcat situations/special packages. But I do agree with what you're saying. Even if my rule doesn't pass I could care less about the addition of new rules or keeping the old ones. All fine by me. If new ones are proposed then I'll vote on them. But either way I'm good.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:25 am

And as far as the QB subbing rule, in the real NFL the opposing teams can see when the other teams starting QB comes out. Here we can't.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:26 am

sickxstick- wrote:hank you Child_Please. Its like if they lose they need to make new rules up because they didnt like something. Like the QB rule, someone probably had a fast qb and a really good passing QB dominate them. So there needs to be a new rule against that. That was just an example.

I agree play legit football and be happy not make 100 different rules, to help the less "sticked skilled" or help the less overall skilled. If I get my ass whooped, I'm going to learn from what my opponent did to me and maybe incorporate it into my game, not sit there and bitch. Maybe the guy did glitch me, have the proof and get rid of him.

SO WHAT IM SAYING

Quit the bitching because your not on someone else's gaming level, and making rules to even the odds or tailor your game..

(That is unless your being cheated and have proof!)

Sick, I proposed the QB rule. I've never been dominated by a scrambling QB...been dominated by pocket passers Jmo and CP but those are the only games I've ever gotten a whipping. I proposed the rule because it's something you don't see on sundays. I have no problem stopping it. Just like I had no problem beating your blitz (that WAS NOT a dig) but I think the goal is realism, and win or lose I voice my opinion as such.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:33 am

wasn't spealking on the qb sub rule honesty i think a rule would make sense even though no one has ever subbed a qb in on me just to scramble and get yards most of the time the scramblers are starting and they send everyone on streaks just to scramble and pick up that 3rd and 3. Theres a reason why guys be drafting bums like tavaris jackson or josh johnson(who i like in real life) to be there franchise QB
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:37 am

Child_Please4285 wrote:wasn't spealking on the qb sub rule honesty i think a rule would make sense even though no one has ever subbed a qb in on me just to scramble and get yards most of the time the scramblers are starting and they send everyone on streaks just to scramble and pick up that 3rd and 3. Theres a reason why guys be drafting bums like tavaris jackson or josh johnson(who i like in real life) to be there franchise QB

Yeah I knew you weren't but if I was gonna agree with you I didn't want to look like a hypocrite saying people are going nuts making rules when I just proposed one. But like I said, I'll vote on any rule proposed. But I'm fine with them the way they are.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:39 am

same here
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:50 am

we havent had any rule additions or changes since september - and if guys JUST PLAYED SIM ALL THE TIME - we wouldnt even need to make RULES AT ALL - but because some players LOOK FOR ANGLES and stretch the limits of what is and what is not SIM play - we are forced to make rules
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:54 am

I'll also agree with that. Which is why if a rule is proposed that I feel helps eliminate people's ability to stretch things I'll vote for it.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by sickxstick- Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:04 am

How about the Mcnabb-Vick Situation?

Last year those 2 split time. Mcnabb was the starter but Vick came in alot not just in wildcat situations.

So your QB rule is taking some coaching substitutions away from the coach.
sickxstick-
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:18 am

They split time for all of 1 game until Andy reid realized it was stupid and wouldn't work. Then for the remaining 15 games McNabb got 95% of the snaps and Vick got the other 5% on specialty plays. If you notice, all of Vicks snaps came in trick plays: Misdirections, QB option sweeps, double fakes, etc...none of which you can do in Madden. He DEFINITELY didn't come in on 2nd and long or 3rd and long so he could run around to buy time to throw the ball deep, which is the ONLY way people use their scrambler subs. The second year, Reid tried it again for a couple games and again realized it didn't work. The other cases of this...the Jets and Brad Smith, Broncos and Tebow, Steelers and Randle El. All these guys are in the same field as Vick. They didn't come in to run traditional plays, and all see VERY Limited snaps in the wildcat or another specialty package. They don't have those in Madden. What's worse is you can't tell who's in the game until after you leave the huddle. In real life they see who's coming in and make the subs to contain it (another specialty package, but on the defensive side of the ball). Now...don't take this the wrong way...but you're next argument is prob gonna either be that you can make those adjustments via defensive hot routes OR that you can't see which RB is in the game. For the first one...hot routes cannot stop someone who knows how to use a scrambling QB without leaving huge holes in your D. Trust me, as someone who only uses scrambling QBs, the hot routes alone aren't enough. As far as the RB thing. The way you defend a speed RB vs a power RB are essentially the same. All they can do is run. A scrambling QB vs a pocket passer are incredibly different.

There's a whole topic on this though, and I've heard almost every angle supporting subbing QBs back and forth. Most of them rely on the argument of restricting coaching options, even though you can't use QB subs to mirror the real NFL anyway so it's an invalid argument...
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by sickxstick- Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:21 am

Personally I like to bring a speedy qb in sit in the pocket wait for a whole and run thru the whole. See how my opponent adapts and if they fail to adap ill make them respect it then start passing and if it doesnt work sub in my better qb and do work. Its all how my opponent adapts to something!
sickxstick-
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:29 am

That's an effective strategy but it's not SIM. In this thread and many others, you say "If you see it on Sunday, do it". You don't see that on Sundays. Wildcat and specialty formations don't count bc those guys aren't in there to throw from the pocket, they're there to run specialty, misdirection, option, and double fake plays and MAYBE throw the ball (Vick pre this season only). In fact, in Greeners newest thread you talk about a dividing line between madden and real football. Wouldn't using a 2 QB system fall on the wrong side of that line? You can't prepare for it like they can in real life. You can't even use those QB subs like they do in real life. So what is SIM about that? It's used by people who want a cheap advantage they know their opponent can't see coming for a 1st down in a key situation. You talk about using skills etc to win games. How does gaining an advatnage and exploiting that advantage a display of skill?
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:33 am

Furthermore, you don't see any of the best guys doing lame things like that. FF wins because of his stick skills running the ball and on D. CP wins because of his stick skills user catching, running, and on D. Jmo wins because of his stick skills throwing the ball and on D. You won't see any of them trying to gain an advantage by duping their opponents like that. They don't mess with the play call screen. They don't run crazy blitzes that sack you instantly. They don't do anything special. They just win. Same plays everyone else is running. They just execute and user their skills they practiced on.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by sickxstick- Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:49 am

Do you think I need anything cheap to win? I blew FF out!
sickxstick-
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:51 am

Yes. But that's besides the point. I wasn't referring to you specifically in that statement. I was referring to the people that use the QB substitution and argue that it's realistic and that the fact that their opponent can't tell who's in until it's too late is acceptable.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by sickxstick- Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:57 am

Cheddah im done talking to you, your pretty ignorant to not be able to accept the fact that im legit and my blitzes arent bs.
sickxstick-
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:12 am

First of all, there you go again calling people names. Have I ever made any personal attacks against you? Who are you to say that I'm ignorant? Anyway, I also never said that they were BS. I said they're lame and unfun to play against. I've beaten them before. I know how to get past them, but it's not fun for me to play against you. It also require 0 skill to set that up, and watch the CPU come in for a quick sack before the other guy knows what hits them, and then flip that blitz or do similar blitzes all game like you did to me (yet I still won)...that doesn't require any skill. I don't see the best guys in the group doing things like that. They make all the plays themselves. Which is what sets them apart. You talk about playing like you see it on sundays, when have you seen an NFL game where they ran the same blitz an entire game? Especially in a game where the opponent put up like 50+ points in a shootout? So bro, you can talk as much as you want about your legit game but I know what happened in our game. There's no rule against it, so I'm not here trying to get you crucified or anything. My position is that I just don't enjoy games against you. I have no problems with you as a person, I have no problems having a conversation with you via the forums like we've been doing. But I don't like your game. I don't think you have skills. I don't think you reflect a realistic style of football. You asked my opinion two messages ago and I gave it. I'm entitled to my opinion, and you asked me for it. Just because YOU don't agree with it doesn't make me ignorant (even though your use of ignorant is wrong anyway)
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by sickxstick- Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:15 am

I dont have skill?

Maybe you should ask around. I won't speak for myself
sickxstick-
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:17 am

sickxstick- wrote:Do you think I need anything cheap to win? I blew FF out!

Looks to me as if you asked me my opinion. I gave it. Why would I need to ask around for my own opinion? I don't care what anyone else has to say about you. I've played you myself. I have first hand experience on your level of skill based on my views of what skill is.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:13 am

i say erbody start recording your games and post them for proof if shit happens man straight up. it doesnt cost that much to get started so....yea record your gams.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:01 pm

sickxstick- wrote:I dont have skill?

Maybe you should ask around. I won't speak for myself

nobody gives a fuck.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame