* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

OFFICIAL RAGE QUIT POST - mg group therapy lol

+12
saastar
txboy05
Cheddah_Cheez
jmojsoski
mblammers
surfnturf90
djgamer134
ezweightloss
Vista3131
Mjkight
bjcole26
falconfansince81
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL RAGE QUIT POST - mg group therapy lol Empty OFFICIAL RAGE QUIT POST - mg group therapy lol

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:19 am

well i'd say its been fun, but its been more frustrating than anything. until 2k gets the license back and makes a real football game i'm done with the garbage this year. EA has managed to make the game so watered down literally anyone can be successful running man all game with good corners psychically shadowing the wr's routes. everything about the game is a joke, and i can honestly say this has to be the most nerfed version yet...solely made to appeal and sell to casual gamers. the run game is all but pointless without a 95+ spd scat back and passing is just a throw deep and score arcade shoot out. nobody even reads D anymore...theres no point since its always man, just toss it deep and hope your 98 spd wr outruns the cb.

i don't even see any creativity on D anymore, its just 2 man under/cover 1 until you get a coverage sack. i enjoyed power running til EA ruined it with patch 5, and aside from crossing routes and drags everything else is worthless unless you want to rocket catch. point is, the game is just plain annoying...and not even CLOSE to resembling even ONE realistic football fundamental. there were a few people i enjoyed playing, but honestly most the time it was a pain in the ass just running plays to beat the same man coverage d all game and defending 3-4wr sets every offensive possesion, waiting for the occasional draw to give the statistical illusion of a run game.

just not the kind of games i enjoy, so i see no further point in playing it...if i could play CP, jmo, dw and a couple others every game that'd be great...but the other 90% of the games leave me just shakin my head waiting for the clock to run out, win or lose.

Last edited by falconfansince81 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL RAGE QUIT POST - mg group therapy lol Empty Re: OFFICIAL RAGE QUIT POST - mg group therapy lol

Post by bjcole26 Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:26 am

FF.. I was only fortunate to play you once and enjoyed the defensive battle we had... You were a stand up sim baller and i hope that they do patch 6 soon or take the time to make a game worth a crap to get guys like you back to enjoying the game. I feel your pain on the corners running your routes better than wrs.. My game last night against Shane, i could not get an open wr with me having Bowe and Fitzgerald... You will be missed by this community for sure!!!!!!
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL RAGE QUIT POST - mg group therapy lol Empty Re: OFFICIAL RAGE QUIT POST - mg group therapy lol

Post by Mjkight Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:47 am

Yea the games frustrating bro but you cant bounce on us completely. Your valuable to the MG and your a great player. Dont let a bad night ruin it for you. One of the reasons you may be getting ran on more efficiently is because of your high risk high reward zone defense. Hope you didnt mean me on just throwin it deep think i only completed one deep ball where i clearly read my wr get behind the defense. Dont want to see you leave man would be a terrible terrible loss and we know you have many more big wins ahead of you.

Mjkight
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:10 am

Good Luck Broh

Last edited by Vista3131 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:20 am

wow vista. that's low. i wouldn't expect that out of a stand up guy like you.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by djgamer134 Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:44 am

I still need to play you Sad

djgamer134

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:29 am

I am going to concur, Falconfan is a great member of our community he been nothing but respectful to me and I have never heard a complaint.

Last edited by Vista3131 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:37 am

I hope you come back man, I like playing you even if you always kick my ass, and you're one of the nicest guys on here.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:38 am

+1

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:44 am

you took it the wrong way vista, you interpret it as wins/losses its not about that. i like playing those guys cause they do some crazy shit on defense and its fun to throw through different zone disguises...the other people who just pick 2 man under all game, albeit not their fault cause it works so well just isn't as stimulating whether its a win or not. probably just need a break, but it isn't from losing...thats happened plenty of times before and im fine with it...its what happens in between...seems like overreaction after too many drinks lol anyways but whatever, alls said and done...just wanted to clarify i didn't mean any disrespect to the community.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:42 pm

Well FF, i would not like to see ya go... I think with the major increase of people playing man coverage only, who can blame them, its turning into a copy cat league.. People want to copy others, and for those who say no its not true, look at the increased value of CB's with man and press coverage, people are trying to acquire these guys to play man. But, i think you should try to adjust your game bro. I can only speak for my self, i lost 3 in a row, and those players ran man coverage, i adjust for the playoffs and made the superbowl, and i adjust in chz league and im back on track. What you have to realize FF, people are kinda scared to mix up on D, they do not want to get burned by the big play, so they play it safe, kinda ironic isn't it, safe is playing man not zone...lol... Last of all, get your ass back in the leagues or 2 of them, and dominate...
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:56 pm

I agree with Jmo here bro. Man coverage is beatable, and it's not only by going deep. I was also frustrated with other stuff than you are and contemplated taking a break, but then I decided to only participate in my league and in DW's league. I think you should do the same.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:04 pm

you guys are right, i rage quit like a bitch when i need to just run more crossing routes. poor reaction on my part...but it was by far the most frustrating night ever. not the guys i played, they were all 100% quality players it was just the game itself that pissed me off. should probably hit the lab and just work on some new plays and accept the video game for what it is, sorry if i offended anyone.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:19 pm

no problem bro..it happens to all of us
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:29 pm

we would be more than happy to have you back bro. me especially, i love our division in DW

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:41 pm

Glad to have you back FF... As one of the owners that plays A LOT of different zones, w need owners like yourself to play and beat it to force me to try new D coverages... You recognized it right away and even said something after the game... I know a handful of us would love to lab with you ANYTIME!

I also agree with JMO about copy cat league.. Everyone sees the success of fast cbs, fast wrs, and fast lbs... They all draft them... Then you see them running drags, slants, and crossing routes to get open.. We all go thru periods where we all want to quit or can not believe the madden gods have decided to be against us... More this year for me than ever before.. Guess it is payback for taking 3 years off!!!
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:19 pm

OK so yes, I can see what point you were trying to make. And I have modified my post because of that.

I AM glad you are back, but I AM REALLY NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO OUR GAMES NOW!!! LOL

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by txboy05 Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:39 pm

the value of cb's have gon up to the point were i can deal with having sorry backers because who runs now a days if u dont have cj ap charles. backs like frank gore michael turner deangelo williams dont stand a chance half the time. all i want to be able to do is bring pressure when i want to and know that my corners in the back end can keep up.

FF dont let these sorry bastards (no dis on anyone jus my language) get u down bro. ive lost to ppl i shouldnt have lost to recently because their game has morphed into a short flat route offense because ppl play to much man. can i be made caus i try and play real defense...yes but no its all good tho. like jmo said its a copy cat league and noone is original so what u gotta do add that to your game to become more unstoppable. but if ur like me i refuse to learn that shit or do that shit because then im stooping down to their level and im not that kind of guy.

glad ur back bro straight up we need u.
txboy05
txboy05

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:07 pm

ill take blame if needed lol.. just like mine and cheddah's games usually are.. i run with the TB playbook now and they have alot of different fomations i like with some crosses involved, posts and streaks.. (FF if u ever thought about passing more i would look at that playbook).. but yeah i will take blame for being 1 of the sorry bastards who play man all game.. but i always have...

i will go into drafts except in cheddah's where i fucked up drafting oline.. but in ez surf and green 2.. i drafted speed cbs that have 70 catching or higher.. speed 90 or higher and most with man coverage 80 or higher.. i have tried zone before some when i first started but that shit dont work.. bc most of the time all it takes is a post to the middle of the field, an post corner in between the cb and fs/ss or an streak past cb and fs/ss and bame there wide open.. i would rather have my shit dline and lbs with speed chasing the qb knowing behind me like txboy said that i dont have much to worry about bc i know i got speed vs speed..

but everyone has their own teams they like they drafted.. and lgs they like to play in.. so if ur getting pissed off so much with everyone including myself lack of switching def scheme then only play in 2 lgs that u like the competition.. like cheddah is doing..

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL RAGE QUIT POST - mg group therapy lol Empty txboy

Post by mission8 Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:11 pm

I hope you are not referring to me when you talk about man coverage. You were throwing deep on me every play and I had to stop the deep ball. Every time I played zone or came with blitz you burnt me deep. I think that is good adjustment on my part. If you were not referring to me, please disregard post.lol

mission8

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:32 pm

The funny part is everybody is switching to play man coverage because they "seen" the success, but to those who have switched have they experienced the success? This is why you should have your own Stlye of play... This is why only a handful of people have won superbowl's... Having success means coming up with your own style of play and not copying someone elses.. Thats what I thought was really fun about the mg, everyone had their own style, but since everyone is caught up with the thought of winning instead of having fun, they are copying a winning stragey yet they aren't winning... Kinda like the bilcheck coaching tree, you guys copy the system and style And have zero success....
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by BlaineTheMono19 Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:41 pm

In DW's league, I run a cover-2 blitzing scheme that seems to work pretty well. It's when I go to man with that team that I start getting beat. I actually prefer to run the zone. If you throw some exotic blitz packages in there, occasionally drop your ends off into a shallow zone, and can get pressure on the QB, it's a damn tough D.

BlaineTheMono19
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL RAGE QUIT POST - mg group therapy lol Empty Re: Official Rage Quit Post

Post by mission8 Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:48 pm

Personally I do not copy anyones style. When I play each person, I find out what they like to do and try to make them do something else. Man,Cover 2 or 3. Whatever it takes. It just takes adjustment to what the defense is showing. I am new to MG and Madden 11 in general(about a month) so I obviously have not had success. But I may in the future or may not. But I will tell you I will have fun success or not.

mission8

Back to top Go down

Post by sam22smith Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:21 pm

Hey FF - I have not had the pleasure of playing you yet and we don't know each other so I hope I am not being presumptuous here when I suggest you take a couple days off of playing, recharge the batteries. It may do you some good.

Am I saying this because I play you next week in the Cheddah league? No. I say it because I'm a caring guy.....lol
sam22smith
sam22smith
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:26 pm

i'm not changing my style d. i never run a straight base package and never will, and i guarantee there will be at least one blitzer, multiple zones, and certain key players manned up. its a lot of thought that goes into my defense to be successful over the course of a game...which aside from the occasional deep pass over/through my defender its relatively effective. stopping the pass is my specialty, but in turn leaves me open to the run...which is cool i encourage more of it.

i played a lobby game last night to try some new concepts of man shredding plays, and honestly its the most stupid shit i've ever called. i'd still run the ball when he would go quarters or nickle 335 for good chunks with turner but like txboy said power backs can't hold a flame to speed backs. i eventually subbed in norwood and got twice the production than i did with turner, whos a good full back in madden. arbitrary play calls aside, i won 61-14 with over 400 passing yards...180 to white and 120 to gonzalaz. he played with the cowboys, and was in man probably 90% of the time since he called two cover 2 zones which led to td's. he couldn't have been that bad, even tho i'm only level 9 (33-3) i go play now to match skill level but i've always had an easier time shuttin down lobby guys > sim guys.

honestly tho if it wasn't for this community of great people this gm would be sitting in the trash right now, but you guys make it worth playin...much appreciate all the <3. guess the best course of action is to not drink and madden. as far as bein a copycat i was guilty of copying mike smith in real life, and i thought i played pretty damn close to how atlanta does on sunday. but thats real life football, and madden this year is a distant second from that so i just need to change things up and keep playin lobby games for lab purposes cause its the best way to pick apart the best man D since most guys are playin with the raiders or eagles.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next