* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Man coverage on All-Madden is absurd

+7
saastar
sam22smith
falconfansince81
Child_Please4285
surfnturf90
bjcole26
Mcnair2wycheck
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Man coverage on All-Madden is absurd - Page 2 Empty Re: Man coverage on All-Madden is absurd

Post by surfnturf90 Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:53 pm

sam22smith wrote:
Child_Please4285 wrote:ALL-PRO is better cause it promotes user skill in all madden you can just sit back in man coverage and watch the cpu shut guys down

If I just sit back in All Madden, let the CPU do all the work and run 2 man under I get throttled. I find I need to user cover a route, hopefully I read it correctly and I can take away his target. Then I find I also need to switch to a defender around the ball and make a play on it, I can't trust the All Madden CPU to make a play on the ball.

But in All Pro I find that guys aren't where they should be so I can't even make a play sometimes, even when I take out the number one route, my opponent can check down and get some lucky catch. Also, guys make CPU generated spectacular catches and hang on to the ball way more in All Pro. I find offensively you don't need nearly as much user skill in All Pro

+1. The scores are already high enough as is, moving to All-Pro would make them ridiculous

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Man coverage on All-Madden is absurd - Page 2 Empty Re: Man coverage on All-Madden is absurd

Post by MoWarrior79 Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:50 am

I agree with everything surf and sam are saying.
MoWarrior79
MoWarrior79
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:56 am

surfnturf90 wrote:
sam22smith wrote:
Child_Please4285 wrote:ALL-PRO is better cause it promotes user skill in all madden you can just sit back in man coverage and watch the cpu shut guys down

If I just sit back in All Madden, let the CPU do all the work and run 2 man under I get throttled. I find I need to user cover a route, hopefully I read it correctly and I can take away his target. Then I find I also need to switch to a defender around the ball and make a play on it, I can't trust the All Madden CPU to make a play on the ball.

But in All Pro I find that guys aren't where they should be so I can't even make a play sometimes, even when I take out the number one route, my opponent can check down and get some lucky catch. Also, guys make CPU generated spectacular catches and hang on to the ball way more in All Pro. I find offensively you don't need nearly as much user skill in All Pro

+1. The scores are already high enough as is, moving to All-Pro would make them ridiculous
thats because most guys cant play D the sit in cover 1 and just use a free free guy to watch for crossing routes cause thats what beat man coverage then when a guy burns them they say complain about guys keep running crossing routes lol
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominator1291985 Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:14 am

Moat attributes in madden mean nothing and speed means more than skill quite often. I'm stuck with Hines ward in chz lg and guy can almost never get open and when he does it's when I'm getting hit, but there a reason he has been in LG so long. I thought prior to one of the updates (can't remember which think it was 2nd one) that madden had done a better job of making talented guys play like they should and mediocre speed corners get beat but so many guys complained that they of course "patched it" cause how dare Welker burn ej biggers. I think only way to run a lg around doing it would be to limit the amount of players with speed (2cb over 90 2wr 1LB over 83 and so on) cause no team in real life (outside of OAK who hasn't won for years) has that much speed

Dominator1291985

Back to top Go down

Post by sam22smith Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:54 pm

Child_Please4285 wrote:thats because most guys cant play D the sit in cover 1 and just use a free free guy to watch for crossing routes cause thats what beat man coverage then when a guy burns them they say complain about guys keep running crossing routes lol

I don't complain about that. Nor do I really care what people complain about. Complaining is like worrying - they are both completely useless and a waste of time and energy. I would rather spend that energy addressing the problem instead.

Anyways - my opinion is that All-Pro allows much room for bad user play on the offensive side. At a level which outways the help you get on the defensive side in All-Madden. And less skilled players have a better chance of competing in All-Pro.
sam22smith
sam22smith
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:12 pm

sam22smith wrote:
Child_Please4285 wrote:thats because most guys cant play D the sit in cover 1 and just use a free free guy to watch for crossing routes cause thats what beat man coverage then when a guy burns them they say complain about guys keep running crossing routes lol

I don't complain about that. Nor do I really care what people complain about. Complaining is like worrying - they are both completely useless and a waste of time and energy. I would rather spend that energy addressing the problem instead.

Anyways - my opinion is that All-Pro allows much room for bad user play on the offensive side. At a level which outways the help you get on the defensive side in All-Madden. And less skilled players have a better chance of competing in All-Pro.
just a difference in opinion i guess me personally i see alot of guys run cover 1 exclusively and they really are not that good but it makes them look good. In your logic bums would look better on all pro but if you look at guys like FF who has a crazy online record it shows that all pro better represents guys who are good and not to throw anyones name out but im sure the guys who are not as good as others would have horrible records
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by sam22smith Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:56 pm

I think I was about 30-15 when I joined MG and I am a much better now than I was then. I think the competition is not strong out there. FF is 35-3 or something but I think that is primarily due to the fact that the competition is weak - even for guys that are on his "level". MG is in a vacuum where skills are honed - iron sharpens iron. I bet he plays a lot of guys that are 200-52 or something but they have 250 games against watered down opponents. Where FF has six games against jmo and those six games sharpen his skills more than 100 games against schlepps. So he is facing guys at his "level" but that level isn't counting the training done in here.

So in short - I believe that if I played FF ten times in All Pro and ten times in All Madden I would have a greater rate of success in All Pro. It levels the playing field.

Now is there a point of diminishing returns? Yes. What I mean is that there could become a point where offense is so difficult against the CPU that a high level of difficulty also levels the playing field. I feel that All Madden online is not at that point. Think of it as a mountain peak - is All Madden at the absolute top? Probably not - it probably walked over the top and came back down a bit on the other side. Was pre patch All Madden at the top? Perhaps it was closer than post patch. But post patch All Pro is still farther down the mountain and at a lower elevation than post patch All Madden. IMO
sam22smith
sam22smith
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:03 pm

you'd have a much better chance on all-madden, specially with fast cb's or a team tuned to your style. the teams in lobby play are more balanced and there isn't a constant dominant force of man coverage. i go to play now and take whoever will play me, yeah usually its a cheeseball scrub who ends up d/c glitching me but man isn't unrealistically effective like it is on all-madden.

you can actually time certain route without cb's running them before your wr does. there should maybe be 3 or 4 consistent shut down corners in the NFL, not 3 or 4 on nearly every team...but thats how it is. too much cpu assistance on D to compensate play calling imo, some people NEVER change out of man and why should they? its not realistic, at all...specially with all madden ai at work. not sayin i'm right, its just my opinion on it and after i have a game where all my wr's are on lock by nothing more than a speedy secondary, i can always find a good offensive attack in the lobby games where you have to do a lot of stick work or it'll be a shoot out.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:06 pm

sam22smith wrote:I think I was about 30-15 when I joined MG and I am a much better now than I was then. I think the competition is not strong out there. FF is 35-3 or something but I think that is primarily due to the fact that the competition is weak - even for guys that are on his "level". MG is in a vacuum where skills are honed - iron sharpens iron. I bet he plays a lot of guys that are 200-52 or something but they have 250 games against watered down opponents. Where FF has six games against jmo and those six games sharpen his skills more than 100 games against schlepps. So he is facing guys at his "level" but that level isn't counting the training done in here.

So in short - I believe that if I played FF ten times in All Pro and ten times in All Madden I would have a greater rate of success in All Pro. It levels the playing field.

Now is there a point of diminishing returns? Yes. What I mean is that there could become a point where offense is so difficult against the CPU that a high level of difficulty also levels the playing field. I feel that All Madden online is not at that point. Think of it as a mountain peak - is All Madden at the absolute top? Probably not - it probably walked over the top and came back down a bit on the other side. Was pre patch All Madden at the top? Perhaps it was closer than post patch. But post patch All Pro is still farther down the mountain and at a lower elevation than post patch All Madden. IMO

again, +1. I was something like 19-5 online before I joined the MG group and stopped playing Play Now (my record has gotten a lot worse since the because I've started using Play Now to lab on offense, so I usually just call engage 8 until they score so i can get the ball back). Most of the people in Play Now suck, it's not that hard to have a good record.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:12 pm

we can go all day about this you say the O is beastly on all pro i say its just that the D Plays more realistically so if you good you will exploit bad coverages
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:00 pm

I know that I defninitely sat in a cover 1 or cover two for the first couple seasons. For the following reasons:

1. I prefer man coverage to zone philosophically.
2. My skills were garbage (not that they are good now) and it worked. It made sense to do what works.
3. Pre-patch, zones got tore up. Seemed like every receiver was running WIDE open if there was decent o-line protection.

I don't claim to be better than I am. I know that the man coverage ai is making it easier to cover than it probably should, however, I don't really get the point.
Seems to me like the best players are still winning. Its not like the cpu favors weaker players or anything.
Also, it seems like the better the offensive player I face, the less likely that man works. When I play JMO, I KNOW that I have to mix up coverages or else he'll catch on an smoke my cover 1 or cover 2.

Anyway, just thought I'd weigh in from the perspective of one of the "bums" lol.

p.s. I like learning new blitzes and zone coverages, but I'm still going to use man coverage as my base D. Like FF, I just try to emulate what I see on TV. Being a cowboys fan, I've been used to seeing a base man defense for most snaps the last two years.

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:50 pm

thats it blammers, emulating the nfl experience. i could calll cover 1 and shut people out every game too, but is it fun? not for me, and certainly not for my opponent. if guys want to call man the entire game and let the overrated man ai compensate their lack of playcalling knowledge and user skill than great...not very sim but can't blame em i guess when its consistent man shadow routes coupled with 'heave and hope' on offense at least once per set of downs that work most the time. again, makes me enjoy cheesers in lobby games more and more. which is very sad...
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:07 pm

I'm a Jets fan, IS there anything besides man coverage?

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:41 pm

phantomshark wrote:I'm a Jets fan, IS there anything besides man coverage?

is that supposed to be sarcastic? rex ryans one of the best at disguised zone blitzes...but he'd probably just play strictly cover 1 in madden as well. safe call, the all-in-one miracle d lol.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:47 pm

Jets CBs are always in man, they lock up Revis on #1 and Cromartie on #2. Now, they may play some zone behind that, but it's mainly a man based system predicated on having 2 lock-down corners.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:53 pm

lol dude you are so wrong yes the jets do run man on some all out bliz plays but as a Huge REX RYAN fan (IM FROM BALTIMORE) he is mostly known for zone blitz schemes
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:58 pm

alot of his blitz involve revis in man coverage but combo zones everywhere else no way he would leave cromartie in single coverage all game
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2