* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

+13
Bigmullet
phantomshark
saastar
GREENERRRR
ezweightloss
Mjkight
Deathwish22
bigbuddah
youngwattz
Cheddah_Cheez
Child_Please4285
surfnturf90
Fr8trainShane
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Time to submit something to GC for a vote..... Empty Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by Fr8trainShane Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:57 pm

There has been a lot of discussions lately about this, but I don't know if they've ever been actually voted on...there certainly aren't rules in place, and these are things that should be in place.... and they aren't game play rules, so its not really over doing it.

1) CPU Restarts
Teams don't restart games in the NFL.
Injuries occur in the NFL, therefore if you get an injury in a CPU game, you deal with it. Just like the other 30 players in the league that had to face injuries that week. You have the option of playing a CPU game, instead of Super Simming. If you do that, you'll face the same risk of injury as the rest of the league. If you choose to Super SIM, thats is YOUR choice, and injuries that occur, you are stuck with.

Same goes for Restarting if you are losing. That can't happen in the NFL, so it shouldn't happen here. Just because your opponent doesn't show up, you shouldn't be guaranteed a win. Period.

I suggest if you Restart a game, you are subject to the results of a game SIM'd by the commissioner. I'd also suggest if you restart a game and complete it, you are subject to 2 game Suspension (your next 2 opponents get CPU games)....as well as it counts as 1 strike in the proposed 3 strike system.

Integrity of the game people.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Time to submit something to GC for a vote..... Empty Re: Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by surfnturf90 Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:02 pm

The only problem I have with this is that you are screwed if you get booted by the EA servers during the game. I don't think it's fair to make the guy who was available to play the game have to take a simmed loss because of something he can't control, like the shitty servers.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Time to submit something to GC for a vote..... Empty Re: Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by Fr8trainShane Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:07 pm

surfnturf90 wrote:The only problem I have with this is that you are screwed if you get booted by the EA servers during the game. I don't think it's fair to make the guy who was available to play the game have to take a simmed loss because of something he can't control, like the shitty servers.

Yeah, but the chances of being booted by the EA servers is less that 1%.
Figure 96 games or more are played by everyone on each advance... (16 games a lg, 6+ lgs), and how many are legit booted by EA servers? Less than 1% easily.
I think thats a big enough percentage to make a rule.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:15 pm

actually when i play cpu sometimes i dont make it pass the loading screen or it disconnects after coin toss
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:30 pm

We can vote on it. But to be honest I don't think it will pass
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by youngwattz Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:34 pm

Child_Please4285 wrote:actually when i play cpu sometimes i dont make it pass the loading screen or it disconnects after coin toss

Thats true! But I would just say why not put a limit of restarts allowed like 3 not 1 cuz like ppl have said u dont wanna get screwed when u legitly get d/c. But I also dont agree on some of the situations when I see that ppl restart a bunch of times such as in the playoffs or even the games that could ruin someones chances to make wildcard/playoffs period. Something should happen to fix that issue, cuz it does suck to do all u can to try to make playoffs and u dont get a cpu game and sum1 else does and they restart like 5 times to get the win or keep their star player to make the playoffs and screw the other teams up that had human opponents.
youngwattz
youngwattz
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:36 pm

there is a difference if u restart caus u get booted but restarting due to injuries and a loss is something else. hard to tell of course so its a moral issue. i also see this not being past because it is a moral issue and cant really be determined if something happened with connection or something came up to were u have to leave or soemthing.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:44 pm

Fr8trainShane wrote:
surfnturf90 wrote:The only problem I have with this is that you are screwed if you get booted by the EA servers during the game. I don't think it's fair to make the guy who was available to play the game have to take a simmed loss because of something he can't control, like the shitty servers.

Yeah, but the chances of being booted by the EA servers is less that 1%.
Figure 96 games or more are played by everyone on each advance... (16 games a lg, 6+ lgs), and how many are legit booted by EA servers? Less than 1% easily.
I think thats a big enough percentage to make a rule.

I think it's a lot higher than that, I've played less than 100 games against the computer, and I've been booted more than once. I've had the same thing happen to me that CP said, where you get to the kickoff and are immediately booted

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:44 pm

Child_Please4285 wrote:actually when i play cpu sometimes i dont make it pass the loading screen or it disconnects after coin toss

Yeah...the same things happens to me...especially when I'm traveling during the week from hotel to hotel. I remember I had a CPU game in cheddah's league restarted 4 times because the internet kept cutting out on me.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Mjkight Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:25 pm

I would vote for maybe a limit but i would not vote for only one. Too many things can go wrong there will always be people trying to violate this. Its still a video game.

Also i supersim to save time not all of us have a great deal of time so supersim really helps me out ive never played a cpu game. But if i check late 4th and there has been huge key injuries on both sides ill restart.

Mjkight
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:29 pm

yeah i can't side with this one, i've been booted from cpu games on multiple occasions so i'm against this. i don't go restart games for fun or anything so i think it's only a select few who pull this crap. i think the commishes of the respective leagues should keep an out for repeat offenders but other than that, i'd keep things as is

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:27 pm

i have played probaly 15 CPU games in the MG - i have only had one incident where the game genuinlely disconnected - but prior to oit happening to me - i thought it was imp[ossible to get a DC when u are playn the CPU (made no sense to me - but it does RARELY happen at least in my PS3 system - could be different for others and their ISP)...

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:29 pm

that should be ok for you CP - because only time a game is to have considered to of RESTARTED is after the kickoff -if u quit or get a DC before the kickoff it wont show the game as "started"
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:35 pm

personally i think this is the 1 issue that gets consistantly exploited the MOST in the MG... Take a look at CPU games with multiple restarts - i bet when its finally finished their is no big injurioes to the human controlled team...

I find this frusturating - I CONSISTANTLY lose key players in CPU games and just suck it up (cheddah and surf will atest to this - when it happened in their LGs i pointed it out) - and most recently in chedahs lg i lost my TOP CB for 4 weeks in a CPU game...

its just unfair for some guys to face injuries in CPU games and others do not...

btw - i only think CPU game restarts are because of injuries - i think 90% of theplayers in the MG can consistantly and easily beat the CPU on all madden...

One draw back to NOT being allowed to restart CPU games can occur when u are in the middle of a CPU game - and that opponent in another LG (which u have been desperately seeking out) finally show up online and is availale to play your game... I know i have been in this circumstance before and have restarted CPU gams because of it - but if there was an enfoced rule - i would bite the bullet and hope that player was available to play when i was done the CPU game - and if the game could only be played right than and now - and my CPU game was less critical than the game with him - i would consider abandoning the CPU game and take the SIM result as the rules imply,.,,

but ui am happy frtrain is poursuing this - something needs to be done - the current system is failing miserably - I am hopeful we an come up with a fair and enforceable rule... but maybe it comes downb to simple ETHICS - if you restart CPU games because of legitimate injury you occurred in normal game play and restart the game b/c of it - YOU ARE A CHEATER - sure nobody will know for sure - but when you restart games and have no injuries - guys will wonder...

perhaps we can create a log where we take the positive approach - when players play the CPU and get a significant injury and do not restart the game - we log that game in a directory of sorts - eventually after enough CPU games havebeen played, every LEGIT and ETHICAL player will have their nbame in the directory - although i do realize that it will probaly be 5-6 seasons beore this directory has any value - but sooner we start it - the sooner we can start recording incidents...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:35 pm

i would totally disagree with this rule.. bc there is no way to really inforce it.. bc i have to play wireless and i have had many occasions where i disconnect with my opponents or right after load up it says u have been disconnected from franchise server this game will not count... this happened week 17 in surf lg... did that twice and then finally it let me play the gm.. so i really dont think this could be a rule u could inforce with only 1 start against the cpu.. maybe setting it to like 3 would be better...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:07 pm

3 won't work. Gotta be 1. If you get disconnected going into the game check and see, if it counted it as a time started, then that's it, you take the sim. I had a lot of problems for about a 2 week period getting CPU games in, I lost connection on a lot of them. If we had this rule, I'd have taken my sim like a man, because I think legit D/Cs vs the CPU happen infrequently enough that losing a legit chance at a CPU game is more than balanced out by all the times people won't be able to restart for losing or an injury.

BTW, I do think that unfortunately people will still disconnect purposely if they get a season ender, but at least they'll still have a chance at a real injury, maybe to a better player, in the sim.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigmullet Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:19 pm

have dealt with this issue from the start, we are getting ready to start our 5th season, and i have always sent messages to Cpu gm owners : No restarts win or lose, no running up scores or stats, this is easily checked and monitored", Thats why if you check my league each and very year you will see it is the most consistant lg as far as just 1 start for cpu gms. I myself have lost many, but i follow all rules of MG throughout the gm, as do all my owners in the lg.

the few that have broke the rule have had suspensions based on players running up scores/stats, for instance rookie wr' with 5 td's, and won game by 49 points and scored 2 td's in the last 3 minutes while up by 35, player WR was suspended 3 gms and Qb 1 gm and put on watch, 2 other owners were booted. This is a serious issue, and shopuld be addressed immediately, it is very easy to implement rules against this, i have seen the ridiculous scores/stats and restarts, just ridiculous, it simply does not happen in my league period

Bigmullet
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominator1291985 Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:39 pm

id hate to see this rule passed. Im one of the guys you are talking about who restarts and it has zero to do with losing. I cant understand how any person (especially one in 5+ leagues) would enjoy wasting an hour playing the CPU. I will look @ both teams rosters and see who injured prior to game, supersim to 2min in 4th and see if any key injuries and if so id restart. I have restarted more to help other team out than myself so they dont lose stars. I get no fun in playing CPU which i could beat by 50+ everytime and i usually have other league games that need to be played and see no need to waste time. i can supersim it 100x by the time i would be in 4th qtr if i was to play it out.

Dominator1291985

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:46 pm

Dominator1291985 wrote:id hate to see this rule passed. Im one of the guys you are talking about who restarts and it has zero to do with losing. I cant understand how any person (especially one in 5+ leagues) would enjoy wasting an hour playing the CPU. I will look @ both teams rosters and see who injured prior to game, supersim to 2min in 4th and see if any key injuries and if so id restart. I have restarted more to help other team out than myself so they dont lose stars. I get no fun in playing CPU which i could beat by 50+ everytime and i usually have other league games that need to be played and see no need to waste time. i can supersim it 100x by the time i would be in 4th qtr if i was to play it out.

This makes my point completely, no WAY should behavior like this be tolerated. If you get an injury you get an injury. Tough shit. I've had season-enders in CPU games, and you should take the punishment the same way.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominator1291985 Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:54 pm

That's you I supersim you play games, like I said I don't feel like wasting my time playing a game where I can win by 50 with my back ups in. Which I will start them & only my opp would be @ risk of injury not myself If this were a rule

Dominator1291985

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigmullet Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:57 pm

winning by 50 in my league would be reviewed for running up score and possible stats, most likely in these types of games, you are more than likely breaking some lg rules

Bigmullet
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:15 pm

Dominator1291985 wrote:That's you I supersim you play games, like I said I don't feel like wasting my time playing a game where I can win by 50 with my back ups in. Which I will start them & only my opp would be @ risk of injury not myself If this were a rule

I agree with that to be honest. I didn't join these leagues to play the CPU, and I could be doing better things than playing the CPU for an hour. You can beat the All-Madden CPU easily by any score you want. After the 1st couple consecutive passing plays you run they start bumping, so any receiver with decent release can beat it for an easy score. Rather than waste my time crushing the CPU I, supersim. But when I supersim, restarts have nothing to do with injuries, they just happen when I sim to far into the game and can't make a comeback.

I wouldn't vote for this rule at all.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:32 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:
Dominator1291985 wrote:That's you I supersim you play games, like I said I don't feel like wasting my time playing a game where I can win by 50 with my back ups in. Which I will start them & only my opp would be @ risk of injury not myself If this were a rule

I agree with that to be honest. I didn't join these leagues to play the CPU, and I could be doing better things than playing the CPU for an hour. You can beat the All-Madden CPU easily by any score you want. After the 1st couple consecutive passing plays you run they start bumping, so any receiver with decent release can beat it for an easy score. Rather than waste my time crushing the CPU I, supersim. But when I supersim, restarts have nothing to do with injuries, they just happen when I sim to far into the game and can't make a comeback.

I wouldn't vote for this rule at all.

So you want to be able to guarantee a win. Again, I disagree. CPU game does not guarantee a win, or at least it shouldn't. I've lost a couple of CPU games, it happens. Worst part is, it's hurting those of us with the integrity to not restart a game to the advantage of those who feel they should only get a game with everything in their favor. Make the rule and the field is level again.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:48 pm

No that's not it. Being granted a CPU game is a reward for your opponent not being able to play the game. It's a guaranteed win in my book. For the most part, people don't join to play the CPU, many of them choose to supersim. Simmed games, and supersims go in favor of the team with higher overall players, so technically if you have a team like many of mine, I couldn't win a simmed game. Why should I be punished for my opponent's absence with an almost guaranteed loss, when I could beat the CPU in my sleep? Why should I be forced to waste an hour of my time playing the CPU, when I signed up to play live opponents. The part where your integrity comes into question is when you restart bc your losing or you restart bc you incurred injuries. I can say that I never restart for injuries...I've gotten a number of them through CPU games...but if I'm losing a supersim, I'm going to restart.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by youngwattz Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:16 am

I usually agree with most of the posts ppl make but I dont with the ppl that are not agreeing with this one. Not to burn any bridges but we talk about all the cheese plays and wrongful thing that certain ppl do but this is on that level. There shouldnt be a guaranteed win facing the CPU even if u get those injuries its still possible if u were to play a human, specially with that damn collarbone injury cuz ive played few guys and 4 guys got 2 to 3 week injuries. U should just have to suck it up cuz you would if u were playing sum1, u cant restart those games cuz so and so got hurt. Now I agree that u can restart if u are d/c a few times but after a certain amount you should just let it go. I just dont see how it is fair to restart any game regardless of injury...d/c i can understand! But at the end the day it is a integrity thing only u will know why u are restarting no one else so I guess I can see why it wouldnt get passed but I do think now that its been brought up at least ppl will start paying more attention to it. So thats at least a positive!
youngwattz
youngwattz
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next