* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

If you got a game with Rui_F please read.

5 posters

Go down

If you got a game with Rui_F please read. Empty If you got a game with Rui_F please read.

Post by Rui_F Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:18 am

I have decided to quit and play that ball and stick game....sike fuck that.

But my PS3 did decide to catch yellow fever today, not the good kind i have for Asian girls but the shitty kind better known as yellow blip of death. I gave it to one of the super nerds at work with the hopes that he can re-solder the cpu back onto the motherboard but 50/50 my original 20gb ps3 purchased on the release day has finally kicked the bucket. So either way I should be back on by Thursday morning so if you got a game with me email me at eclipse_trb@ yahoo.com with when you can play Thursday and we will get it figured out. Thanks
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

If you got a game with Rui_F please read. Empty Re: If you got a game with Rui_F please read.

Post by falconfansince81 Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:12 am

damn, thats funny and sad at the same time. i went through that last year...6 refurbs later they finally gave me a new slim model.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

If you got a game with Rui_F please read. Empty Re: If you got a game with Rui_F please read.

Post by surfnturf90 Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:45 am

damn sorry to hear about the ps3, that sucks. your intro was funny as hell though lol

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:33 am

bro - if u were on the release day model PS3 - that unit has paid its time!!!! I have heard of all kinds of guys gettn the YL:OD wat b4 you did - (and with that model is an eventuality from what i understand) - so u can be happy in the fact you got HUGE VALUE from that gaming counsel.... i know it still sucks though
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

If you got a game with Rui_F please read. Empty RE:

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:42 am

I've been very fortunate in that regard. I still have the old big style one and I have tons of hours on that thing. I have a 360 that got the "red ring of death" after just a few months! It was free to send back to Microsoft to get fixed, but that was the end of my Xbox playing. Good luck on the repair bro.
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:05 pm

Actually from what the guy that's looking at fixing it told me is that all PS3's will eventually fail same as all xbox 360.
Reason is simple laws in North America and Europe require anything that is a "kids toy" use non lead solder, in fact no lead at all. Cause your kid may open up your ps3 and suck on its circuit board.
Now while most computer and electronic manufactures would love to never use lead simple fact is lead solder is stronger then non lead, that solder holds your cpu and gpu to the motherboard on a ps3.
The non lead solder if reheated and cooled enough times will eventually crack (leaded can also just takes allot more punishment) its like a timebomb and certain games that are more graphic intensive like COD and MW2 seem to heat up the GPU damn hot. Anyways once that happens you have 3 choices, the most common is try to reheat the existing solder there are lots of youtube videos of this by reheating you hope that the contacts will remold together, remove the cpu and gpu and reball with a lead solder tends to be riskier but if you have it done your ps3 should last until something else fails, or buy a new one. I left sending it back to sony off because unless its under warranty at $200 a pop (what they seem to charge now) its just not worth it.
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

If you got a game with Rui_F please read. Empty RE:

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:13 pm

Lol on the opening it up and sucking the motherboard! Freaking govt regulations now they wanna tell us what to eat and which light bulbs to put in our lamps.

I'm surprised the consoles dont have a 2 or 3 yrs self destruct mechanism in there so you have to get another one. You know how the controllers break every 6 mos or so.
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down