* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

CONNECTION ISSUE SOLVED!!!!

5 posters

Go down

CONNECTION ISSUE SOLVED!!!! Empty CONNECTION ISSUE SOLVED!!!!

Post by Deathwish22 Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:45 am

I can't take full credit for this...so I will give credit where credit is due. You can thank Cheddah_Cheez for finally figuring this out. Bros...if you are having problems connecting to your opponent (getting that "failed to retrieve game information" message)...Unplug your Ethernet cord from your router...and route your PS3 directly to your modem (by-passing your router). Cheddah_Cheez and I couldn't connect friday to play our playoff game in my Deathwish Franchise, so he suggested unplugging my ethernet cable from my routher and connecting straight to my modem. Switched it up...and BOOM! No more connection problems. The same thing happened to me yesterday in Ezweightloss's new league against G-villa809...so I brought my ps3 downstairs...plugged it directly in the modem...and BOOM...LOL! No more connection problems. I have a Linksys WRT54G router (one of the most common routers out there)...and for some reason...it is blocking the data that the EA Servers need to connect for franchise games. Now I never have any problems with "play it now games" but...with franchise games...if you are having the problem connecting to your opponent like I was...plug your ethernet cable directly in your modem from your PS3 and this should fix all future problems. Now the only thing that sucks...is I just have a little 25" standard definition TV in my computer room downstairs...compared to my LCD tv upstairs...but that is the only downfall...which is nothing compared to losing another sim game because you can't connect to your opponent.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

CONNECTION ISSUE SOLVED!!!! Empty yeah i read up on this

Post by saastar Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:21 pm

last nite in some forums that said the same thing but that doesnt help me!!! lol.. and the reason why is this... i have the router u do deathwish but i was playing off an 50 ft. ethernet that runs from downstairs to upstairs through the house bc where i sleep and play my ps3 the ps3 dont get good signal playing wireless so at best i would only get 60% signal from my router.. but recently my ps3 has been acting up and i thought it was over heating but that wasnt the case... it was where i plugged my ethernet cable into the back off the ps3.. something in the back off the ps3 is loose and when i use a wired connection it makes a fucking horrible sound so i have to turn off my ps3 before i fuck my ps3 up!! but now after i just went back to wireless i havent had that problem at all and it dont make that sound anymore... but i still am going to get those failure to retrieve game info from oppenent bc the router is all the way downstairs in the kitchen and im not playing on a 20 inch portable t.v with my family downstairs bc they bug the hell out of me.. so until i move which should be by march or april lastest then im just going to have to deal with what i got...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

CONNECTION ISSUE SOLVED!!!! Empty Re: CONNECTION ISSUE SOLVED!!!!

Post by Rui_F Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:59 pm

In the back of the madden manuals there are a list of some ports you have to open up. Just about all routers close these ports if you have the firewall turned on. Almost every router has the firewall turned on from the factory by default. So you must go in and open these ports. Think of the firewall as a big castle wall and the ports as little windows to let thing in and out. certain programs need certain ports open, madden will sometimes work even if the ports are closed and some routers are smart enough to automatically open ports if the communication originates from inside the castle walls but not always. I do not advise ever turning your firewall off but you can set your ps3 to a dmz since they suffer from almost no hacking attacks. Instructions on how to do these things should be found on your routers web site or invite a nerdy friend over and give him a WOW gift card and he will do it for you in 15 minutes or less. This solves about 90% of connection errors.
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:31 pm

Yeah rui I think you're right. I have those ports open on my router, so usually when I get that message it's on the other person's end. Most times I tell people to hard connect to their modems and leave mine wireless anyway and it works. But for whatever reason the game against DW didn't work until both of us were hard connected.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:14 pm

Yeah bro...I have all the ports open that the manual suggests...and the DMZ set....and yet I still can't to certain guys...but once I bypass my router...it fixes everything.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:19 pm

im hard lined directly to my modem and still get the issue, unless its on my opponents end.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down