* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Food for thought

+2
sam22smith
COsMiCTrAvO
6 posters

Go down

Food for thought Empty Food for thought

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:45 pm

Since spiral galaxies such as our own Milky Way are theoretically based on black holes pulling in masses of cosmic matter into itself much like water down a bathtub drain, I am very curious about where the matter is pulled TO. I know this has nothing to do with Madden or that "stick and ball" sport. I just thought I would break the monotony. Very Happy

Last edited by COsMiCTrAvO on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stupidity)
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Food for thought Empty Re: Food for thought

Post by sam22smith Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:14 pm

The matter goes TO the backhoe and stays there. The reason a backhole sucks everything in is because it is a point in space which has an extremely concentrated amount of matter. So the more matter that gets pulled into the point, the stronger it gets - and it's event horizon grows outward.

That is my opinion......
sam22smith
sam22smith
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:32 am

All of the general laws of physics, breakdown after your cross the Event Horizon of a black hole. The center of a black hole is called a singularity, and is considered by far the densest source of matter/antimatter/energy in the known universe.

While previous theories had hypothesized that matter is just infinitesimally crushed in the singularity, Stephen Hawking, and countless other studies have shown that this is not the case. Matter is actually ejected out of black holes...such matter is referred to as Hawking Radiation.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:05 am

Fr8trainShane wrote:All of the general laws of physics, breakdown after your cross the Event Horizon of a black hole. The center of a black hole is called a singularity, and is considered by far the densest source of matter/antimatter/energy in the known universe.

While previous theories had hypothesized that matter is just infinitesimally crushed in the singularity, Stephen Hawking, and countless other studies have shown that this is not the case. Matter is actually ejected out of black holes...such matter is referred to as Hawking Radiation.

there are so many galaxies, forming and collapsing as we speak...some argue an infinite amount. but whats infinity? just endless repetition? kind of defeated the purpose and meaning to origin...i'd guess the matter is dispersed into other parallel dimension to create these new said galaxies...which is why i believe time travel is possible. all about them parallel universes coinciding with time-space continuum on a parallel plane. or maybe i've just watched donnie darko too many times lol, who the hell knows.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Shlarman Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:31 am

holy shit falcon what is that coming out of your chest? follow it!

Shlarman
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:26 am

Shlarman wrote:holy shit falcon what is that coming out of your chest? follow it!

WINNER!! if i saw that shit i'd choose free will just to see if the world would end Smile
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Food for thought Empty RE:

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:22 am

sam22smith wrote:The matter goes TO the backhoe and stays there. The reason a backhole sucks everything in is because it is a point in space which has an extremely concentrated amount of matter. So the more matter that gets pulled into the point, the stronger it gets - and it's event horizon grows outward.

That is my opinion......

That's the widely accepted theory. I'm kind of a dreamer, so I just wonder what if it mashes everything down and spits it out the other side into who knows what.
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Food for thought Empty RE

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:25 am

Fr8trainShane wrote:All of the general laws of physics, breakdown after your cross the Event Horizon of a black hole. The center of a black hole is called a singularity, and is considered by far the densest source of matter/antimatter/energy in the known universe.

Yeah that is more the kind of direction I lean.
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:30 am

falconfansince81 wrote:

there are so many galaxies, forming and collapsing as we speak...some argue an infinite amount. but whats infinity? just endless repetition? kind of defeated the purpose and meaning to origin...i'd guess the matter is dispersed into other parallel dimension to create these new said galaxies...which is why i believe time travel is possible. all about them parallel universes coinciding with time-space continuum on a parallel plane. or maybe i've just watched donnie darko too many times lol, who the hell knows.

Yeah man I've seen a lot of info that makes me think time travel is POSSIBLE based on the continuum. Mathematically possible through wormholes. I wouldn't wanna be the first to try it though lol. Or maybe I've watched too much Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Lol
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Shlarman Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:21 am

So I woke up too early on accident and somehow ended up searching stuff about black holes (thanks Cosmic). lol. I don't know If you guys have seen these yet or not but they seem interesting so far,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW7BvabYnn8&feature=fvwrel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYKyt3C0oT4&feature=relmfu

Shlarman
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:44 am

Shlarman wrote:So I woke up too early on accident and somehow ended up searching stuff about black holes (thanks Cosmic). lol. I don't know If you guys have seen these yet or not but they seem interesting so far,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW7BvabYnn8&feature=fvwrel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYKyt3C0oT4&feature=relmfu

Great stuff bro! I'm completely fascinated by this type of stuff. How could there not be a God?
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:55 pm

Love the videos.....

I, like most of you, am completely fascinated by the cosmos, space-time, string theory and shit you see on NOVA.

While I don't share Cosmic's celestial viewpoint, I think there is just so much we don't know.....lol

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:43 am

This is were all the rocket scientist are...Maybe if we talked about the United States deteriorating infrastructure (meanly due to corrosive environments, just my opinion), or something along the lines of hydraulic Fracturing, I would have something to contribute, until then, your nerds...lol
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:35 am

jmojsoski wrote:This is were all the rocket scientist are...Maybe if we talked about the United States deteriorating infrastructure (meanly due to corrosive environments, just my opinion), or something along the lines of hydraulic Fracturing, I would have something to contribute, until then, your nerds...lol

I blame the bidding process on the deteriorating infrastructure..... you are bound to continually have problems when you always award the contracts to the lowest bidder. They'll use substandard parts, or parts that barely meet regulation, and they'll obviously cut corners to make sure their profit margin is higher.

How is it that Germany, a much smaller and technologically inferior country, can develop a much better road system, that doesn't deteriorate every damn year.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:42 am

Fr8trainShane wrote:
jmojsoski wrote:This is were all the rocket scientist are...Maybe if we talked about the United States deteriorating infrastructure (meanly due to corrosive environments, just my opinion), or something along the lines of hydraulic Fracturing, I would have something to contribute, until then, your nerds...lol

I blame the bidding process on the deteriorating infrastructure..... you are bound to continually have problems when you always award the contracts to the lowest bidder. They'll use substandard parts, or parts that barely meet regulation, and they'll obviously cut corners to make sure their profit margin is higher.

How is it that Germany, a much smaller and technologically inferior country, can develop a much better road system, that doesn't deteriorate every damn year.

so you have potholes that can swallow a prius as well?
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:45 am

Germany's roads are much better.....thicker, they deteriorate a lot slower.....but they are roughly twice the thickness of our roads.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:58 pm

Fr8trainShane wrote:

The fact that the govt usually does road/infrastructure work is really explanitory of why it is awful.
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:02 pm

COsMiCTrAvO wrote:

The fact that the govt usually does road/infrastructure work is really explanitory of why it is awful.

+ infinity

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:06 pm

Fr8trainShane wrote:
COsMiCTrAvO wrote:

+ infinity

I knew there was something I like about you!
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:20 pm

COsMiCTrAvO wrote:
Fr8trainShane wrote:

+1 also the fact that GOVt does not put nearly enough money towards restoration and maintenance projects. We have this weird concept as a people, that once something is built it can last a very long time without maintaining the structure .
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:51 pm

jmojsoski wrote:
COsMiCTrAvO wrote:
Fr8trainShane wrote:

+1 also the fact that GOVt does not put nearly enough money towards restoration and maintenance projects. We have this weird concept as a people, that once something is built it can last a very long time without maintaining the structure .

I agree Jmo. A problem is that a huge amount of tax money is grossly mishandled. To the point of what is arguably criminal negligence.
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Shlarman Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:34 pm

I'm no longer old enough to engage in this conversation, can we go back to talking about pretty stars?

Shlarman
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:53 pm

Shlarman wrote:I'm no longer old enough to engage in this conversation, can we go back to talking about pretty stars?

Hehehe I hear ya bro the world is in such a state it would be nice if we didn't have to worry about this stuff!
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down