* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Thank God Peyton Hillis beat that bitch Vick.....

+13
mblammers
Cheddah_Cheez
jmojsoski
bjcole26
youngwattz
Child_Please4285
bigbuddah
txboy05
MoWarrior79
saastar
Rui_F
falconfansince81
Fr8trainShane
17 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Thank God Peyton Hillis beat that bitch Vick..... Empty Thank God Peyton Hillis beat that bitch Vick.....

Post by Fr8trainShane Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:21 pm

Madden 12 cover.

66% to 34% Hillis trounces all over Vick.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Thank God Peyton Hillis beat that bitch Vick..... Empty Re: Thank God Peyton Hillis beat that bitch Vick.....

Post by falconfansince81 Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:38 pm

im making my own cover already seen the crap ones EA's putting out. looks like they used ms paint, glad hillis won though haven't had a beast RB on the cover since faulk.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Thank God Peyton Hillis beat that bitch Vick..... Empty Re: Thank God Peyton Hillis beat that bitch Vick.....

Post by Rui_F Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:36 pm

can just about guarantee they will never have fan voting again, dont get me wrong I think hes a good back on a overall bad team and I was rooting for him. But not exactly madden cover material in EA's eyes
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:41 pm

i agree.. i dont think ea was expecting hillis on the cover.. mite as well put AP on there instead of hillis..

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by MoWarrior79 Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:57 pm

I guess i was wrong, i thought Rodgers was gonna be on cover no matter what, I thought the voting thing was all for pub
MoWarrior79
MoWarrior79
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:12 pm

Rui_F wrote:can just about guarantee they will never have fan voting again, dont get me wrong I think hes a good back on a overall bad team and I was rooting for him. But not exactly madden cover material in EA's eyes

I actually completely 100% disagree.

Vick is not yet corporate friendly. He's still very much shied away from by almost every corporate sponsor out there. For a player with that much talent, they should be dripping with sponsorship offers...yet Vick isn't. Because he's tarnished goods, and the public perception on Vick is still very much negative.

Even looking at the Madden Cover vote, do you really believe 721,084 people thought that Hillis was a better Football player than Vick? Hell no, its a vote Against Vick as a person....Vick's 371,467 Votes, show exactly how much people are willing to support him...even against an inferior Football player.

Vick on the Cover of an EA Sports game, would have landed them in the crosshairs of numerous groups who would have asked for a boycott of their products, it would have been a media firestorm of negative publicity, and when you just turn over your lead design crew? Thats the last thing you need.....especially on a product when the users are Very VERY fickle.

EA is probably either rejoicing that Vick didn't win the vote.....or, they flat out faked the results to make sure he didn't.

I can guarantee you, there isn't a single corporation of that size that wants Vick anywhere near representing them. It still too soon for him to regain the corporate image, if he ever does.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by txboy05 Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:01 pm

ok aint no way in hell does a running back that only had barely 1100 yards and like 10 touchdowns deserves to be on the madden cover. i understand about the post above saying vick isnt coporate friendly and blah blah blah but he was a whole lot better player than peyton hillis was and ever will be. i dont even know how this guy made it this far, i mean damn this is madden and peyton hillis is gonna be damn near worthless in this game cause he slow as dirt and has no agility. i guess people wanted the underdog to win but to me this is gonna be the worse madden cover ever. this guy was hurt for 4 weeks lol and yeah he was a lil exciting to watch but i can think of at least 6 rbs id rater watch play that sorry ass peyton hillis. he is not even in the top 10 running back in the damn league....so sad.

not trying to bash ur post in any way shane but i just didnt wanna see this guy on the cover. just speakin my mind
txboy05
txboy05

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:19 pm

No worries txboy, I don't think you bashed my post at all Smile

Another thing is you are going to have crap like this happen anytime there is a fan vote.... I mean, look at the Pro Bowl...thats the biggest joke alive. Every year there are players that get in based on fan vote, while quality guys miss out.

btw, Vick was hurt for 4 weeks last season, Hillis was only hurt for 2.... not that it matters.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:49 pm

Actually its the fact it was hil vs vick in the last vote that makes it even more of a guarantee ea will never do it again, vick for all the reasons listed above and hillis for not being known by about half the people that call themselves football fans. lets not look at just the fact these two were the last ones standing but at all the people that got eliminated for them to be the last two. There is a list of probably 24 other guys ea would have probably preferred to put above either one of these guys. And the voting was done by espn web guys I believe so it was out of EA's hands as soon as the thing started.
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:52 pm

This is bout as bad as allen iverson making it to the all star game that 1x and tracy mcgrady almost making it the same year caus of a fan vote..terrible idea. Ppl wanna bash vick for dogfighting like its a huge crime and he shouldn't be able to do anything ever again like he sold crack to a middleschool kid or killed an unborn child and his mother. Ppl need to get off their high horse about that issue. I dnt think vick shoulda been on the cover anyway simply because he was already on there once before. I think they shoulda put aaron rodgers or cj2k on there and got it over with. Usually madden covers mean something for the year they come out (ray lewis and hit stick) but now they are jus bullshit.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:23 pm

I think people do hate Vick for the dog fighting people, but they should hate him for the fact he ran an organized crime syndicate lol. He was convicted of dog fighting, but that was the smallest crime he was charged with.

He was charged under the RICO act which is held almost specifically for Members of Organized Crime, moreover the Mob.

The dog fighting thing is the least of his crimes, shame on people for not knowing the actual crimes....

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:50 am

I don't think that ppl aren't aware of his crimes but only talk about the 1 he was convicted of which is the base of all his charges. Ppl aren't mad at the "racket" he established but mad at the action of fighting dogs.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:59 am

Hate to make this a race thing, but the truth is dog fighting isn't that big of a deal to most blacks who grow up in a urban environment like myself. Yes Vick was charged for running a "organized crime"he was the "head" of a gambling ring which revolved around dog fighting. He was charged with numerous charges but they all revolved around dog fighting. I personally have always hated Vick since im a 'canes fan and VT is a huge rival. I honesty could'nt care less about some pitbull holocaust he was involved in. But at the same time i understand that it was wrong and it do bother alot of people.

Till this day i can't understand how Stallworth get 30 days for killing a man and Vick does 2 years for killing dogs!
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:04 am

1 was an accident and the other was intentional numerous times

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by youngwattz Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:07 am

I think this whole bashing of Vick thing is so corny IMO. We all know the charges but like CP said in urban environments its not a big deal specially in south, that kinda shit just happens, just like there are things that in other parts of the U.S. that is widely accepted for some reason which is probably not 100% legal. At the end of the day ppl brush of certain ppls crimes all the time but vick did something that was wrong but he was made an example of when others are walking around free for doing way worst. Give him a break finally! The man showed his remorse apologized, broke records and overall is a good player. VICK FAN LOL!!!!
youngwattz
youngwattz
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:18 pm

youngwattz wrote:I think this whole bashing of Vick thing is so corny IMO. We all know the charges but like CP said in urban environments its not a big deal specially in south, that kinda shit just happens, just like there are things that in other parts of the U.S. that is widely accepted for some reason which is probably not 100% legal. At the end of the day ppl brush of certain ppls crimes all the time but vick did something that was wrong but he was made an example of when others are walking around free for doing way worst. Give him a break finally! The man showed his remorse apologized, broke records and overall is a good player. VICK FAN LOL!!!!

That kind of shit doesn't just happen. Smile
There isn't a single person, White, Black, Yellow, Brown or otherwise that thinks that Dog Fighting is okay. Thats why they don't do it in the open. Thats why its so secretive. There isn't a single person involved with Dog Fighting, that doesn't know they are breaking a law. Not a one. Thats a horrible horrible argument.

Vick absolutely didn't show remorse, and thats the reason why he was hit harder than anyone. Stallworth killed a man, he stayed at the scene until police arrived, called police, took immediately responsibility, notified his team, the NFL, and offered a settlement package to the family all before he went to court......

Vick, lied to investigators, lied to the NFL, lied to his coaches, lied to the FBI, got busted for marijuana possession while out on bail, was rearrested, still denied all wrongdoing until his co-defendants flipped on him, and even then he didn't take responsibility until it was clear he wasn't beating the charges. The only time Vick showed any sign of remorse was at sentencing, and then its easy to say he showed it because his attorney advised him that if he didn't he'd likely end up with a longer harder sentence, and even then the Judge said he wasn't showing enough remorse..... Hell, Roger Goddell informed Vick and his representatives that he was going to have to start showing remorse if he ever wanted to play in the NFL again.... this is will into his 23 month sentence, this was after the FBI charged Vick with illegal withdrawing over a million dollars from his Marketing company employees pension fund, to pay for restitution in the dog fighting case.... basically taking money from his employees to pay for his crime...thats not remorse.

Sentencing in the US Court systems is very influenced in the remorse, and/or actions taking by the defendant after the crime is committed. Vick didn't display any kind of sympathetic, or remorseful actions until close to his release from Prison.....which is why he got such a harsh sentence.

Comparing Vick's sentence to Stallworth is ludacris. One took responsibility immediately, the other lied for months denying involvement at all. And even then, you are talking about Organized Crimes vs. Accidental Vehicular Homicide.... thats like comparing any of us to the Mob....its not even realistic.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by youngwattz Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:02 pm

I completly understand what are saying fr8 but the parts I dont agree with are the following:

1. I dont know where most of the guys here are from but of course you all know I'm from GA and all my fam lives between MS and AL, but in all three states I have grown up seeing dog fighting right out in open with no issues. So it actually does happen but like I said before just depends where u live cuz Im was specifically talkin about the country parts of where im from ppl do things like that. Ppl from there dont think about what they are doing is bad cuz I never did when I watched it. It took me to leave these places when I joined the army to understand that it isnt even close to being right. And I feel thats similar to what Vicks mindframe was, you can easily crucify ppl all day from stuff you just dont agree or understand but you gotta understand when ppl just dont know no better or just have things instilled inside of them from young its hard to break it. But again im still not saying its right. I just hate seeing how some ppl just wont let it go and give him a 2nd chance but instead continue riding his faults. Its like once a convict always a convict, thats dumb as shit!

2. Your right he did lie b4 sentencing but how many ppl wouldnt when they get caught doing something lol? IMO it doesnt matter if you show remorse b4, during or after ur punishment as long as you do, you should be forgiven eventually. Vick has shown remorse though, none of us know him personally so we cant say he has truthfully learned anything but you have to just take what is given to you and move on until proven otherwise.

youngwattz
youngwattz
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:11 pm

Did i miss how we should vote? Was this supposed to be who is the best player in the NFL or what player would sell the most games or who has the best profile or who is the best white running back in the game or who is the best quarterblack in the game?

Last time i read the rules..it said vote for who you WANTED to see on the cover of madden 12... Fans voted and decided Peyton Hillis was who they wanted to see on the cover... BIG deal!! Sucks for EA, sucks for Raven fans to have to see a Brown on the cover all next year but again, if we were voting on who deserves to be on the cover, then voting would of been different and we all know Brian Moorman would of been on the cover.
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by youngwattz Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:41 pm

bjcole26 wrote:Did i miss how we should vote? Was this supposed to be who is the best player in the NFL or what player would sell the most games or who has the best profile or who is the best white running back in the game or who is the best quarterblack in the game?

Last time i read the rules..it said vote for who you WANTED to see on the cover of madden 12... Fans voted and decided Peyton Hillis was who they wanted to see on the cover... BIG deal!! Sucks for EA, sucks for Raven fans to have to see a Brown on the cover all next year but again, if we were voting on who deserves to be on the cover, then voting would of been different and we all know Brian Moorman would of been on the cover.

lol So True!!!
youngwattz
youngwattz
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:58 pm

@Shane there are many people who see nothing wrong with Dog Fighting. Now where you are from it may be done behind closed doors, but where I'm from it's nothing special to see dogs fighting in the middle of a street in the middle of the day! As far as Stallworth being apologetic should that matter? He Killed a Man! Is telling the truth about killing a man better than Lying about killing a Dog? While it was a accident Stallworth was in the wrong he had a blood alcohol level of 0.12 well over the limit of 0.08 and was going 50mph in a 40mph zone.

@Bj lol why you always try to throw shots at me i just didn't want to see hills on the cover i could care less about him being on the browns there not really a rival to the Ravens. I didn't want to see Vick either. I personally thought either Brady or Rodgers was gonna be on the cover but we have a mediocre RB who may be a 1 year wonder.
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:08 pm

Fr8trainShane wrote:
Comparing Vick's sentence to Stallworth is ludacris. One took responsibility immediately, the other lied for months denying involvement at all. And even then, you are talking about Organized Crimes vs. Accidental Vehicular Homicide.... thats like comparing any of us to the Mob....its not even realistic.

Okay this is a lil ridiculous I am in no way saying vick should have a lighter sentence, however I am saying that Stallworth did receive a slap on the wrist. Is Accidental Vehicular homicide better form Vehicular Homicide? No matter if Stallworth took responsibility or not, he should have been persecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Facts, Speeding and drunk driving. To laws which are broken which resulted in a Death of an individual, yet he received 30 days due to his corporation.

But with the great and wonderful judicial system we have in the U.S, Stallworth case was not seen as a Vehicular Homicide but a Vehicular Homicide with negligence (accident). Which is why he got a lighter sentence. Without going into what if scenarios, I believe you assume all responsibility when you decide to drunk and drive and you know what the consequences are. Which is why I thought his case should have been treated as a Vehicular Homicide. But when you kill a HUMAN being by accident and a DOG on purpose, one should not be vauled higher then the other. IMO. DOG's are not more valuable then human beings

Drunk driving and SPEEDING is not an accident in IMO. These actions have resulted in a death by accident? When indeed drunk driving and speeding are not done by accident. And Shane, how would you feel if it was a relative you loved? Would 30 days be justice in your eyes, when a drunk driver speeding hit your relative?

jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:19 pm

I love this issue. As far as the Madden Cover, BJ is right. It was a vote for who people wanted to see on the cover, and Hillis won. If people wanted someone else on the cover, they should have voted for them. Obviously enough people know who Hillis is for him to win that fan vote right?

As far as the Vick issue. There are valid points from both sides. First, I think CP is right, there are 100% people in the country who think Dog Fighting is OK. They don't do it in the open because it is ILLEGAL, based on the laws of our country...not because they don't think it was ok. It IS possible to think things that are illegal are ok...I think smoking weed, and people who sell it are ok...but it's illegal, so I don't smoke it in the streets (except when I was in Cali which was awesome). Same principle.

Secondly, I LOVE dogs, but let's be serious, they're animals, not people. If Vick was killing people, it'd be a different story, but they aren't. He was punished for his crimes, he suffered a penalty that I personally think was incredibly severe (but thats just imo) and he has expressed his regret and sorrow about it all. People still wanna crucify this guy for his past crimes. It's absolutely insane. Not only has he done all the above, but he even participates in tons of community service now. Whether genuine or not, we can never really know, but he's still doing more than his share to try and make ammends for what he did. Yet people STILL kill him over it. I hate the fact that they blame it on him being cruel to animals, as if he's the only one in society that is cruel to animals. What are exterminators and pest controllers? They kill Racoons, snakes, and all other kinds of shit. But that's ok because they're not cute fluffy puppies? What are people who hunt deer? They televise that shit. Fact of the matter is, anyone who hates Vick because he was cruel to dogs, and cries out for him to be ejected from football, etc. that also doesn't cry out in an equal manner for similar people to be punished is a hypocrite. Would I be friends with him? No. But come on, it's obvious people who still hate on the guy have some deeper seeded issues with him.

Honestly, you have much worse people in the league than Mike Vick, and no one cares. Ben Roethlisberger is raping women...on SEVERAL occassions, yet the outcry about him is miniscule in comparison to those on Vick. I'll tell you what...If you killed my Dog, I'd probably hate you. But if you raped my mother, sister, daughter I'd probably kill you. I can't see anyone reasonably disagreeing with that.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:21 pm

Child_Please4285 wrote:@Shane there are many people who see nothing wrong with Dog Fighting. Now where you are from it may be done behind closed doors, but where I'm from it's nothing special to see dogs fighting in the middle of a street in the middle of the day! As far as Stallworth being apologetic should that matter? He Killed a Man! Is telling the truth about killing a man better than Lying about killing a Dog? While it was a accident Stallworth was in the wrong he had a blood alcohol level of 0.12 well over the limit of 0.08 and was going 50mph in a 40mph zone.

@Bj lol why you always try to throw shots at me i just didn't want to see hills on the cover i could care less about him being on the browns there not really a rival to the Ravens. I didn't want to see Vick either. I personally thought either Brady or Rodgers was gonna be on the cover but we have a mediocre RB who may be a 1 year wonder.

Stallworth's case was the exact definition of an Accident.
Do you know how many accidental deaths occur in an given day in the US alone?

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:29 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:
Secondly, I LOVE dogs, but let's be serious, they're animals, not people. If Vick was killing people, it'd be a different story, but they aren't. He was punished for his crimes, he suffered a penalty that I personally think was incredibly severe (but thats just imo) and he has expressed his regret and sorrow about it all. People still wanna crucify this guy for his past crimes. It's absolutely insane. Not only has he done all the above, but he even participates in tons of community service now. Whether genuine or not, we can never really know, but he's still doing more than his share to try and make ammends for what he did. Yet people STILL kill him over it. I hate the fact that they blame it on him being cruel to animals, as if he's the only one in society that is cruel to animals. What are exterminators and pest controllers? They kill Racoons, snakes, and all other kinds of shit. But that's ok because they're not cute fluffy puppies? What are people who hunt deer? They televise that shit. Fact of the matter is, anyone who hates Vick because he was cruel to dogs, and cries out for him to be ejected from football, etc. that also doesn't cry out in an equal manner for similar people to be punished is a hypocrite. Would I be friends with him? No. But come on, it's obvious people who still hate on the guy have some deeper seeded issues with him.

Honestly, you have much worse people in the league than Mike Vick, and no one cares. Ben Roethlisberger is raping women...on SEVERAL occassions, yet the outcry about him is miniscule in comparison to those on Vick. I'll tell you what...If you killed my Dog, I'd probably hate you. But if you raped my mother, sister, daughter I'd probably kill you. I can't see anyone reasonably disagreeing with that.

+1
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:30 pm

But Cheddah, answer this please...

What would you do to me if I raped your dog?

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum