* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

SIMing every other year a good idea - YES or NO?

4 posters

Go down

SIMing every other year a good idea - YES or NO? Empty SIMing every other year a good idea - YES or NO?

Post by Admin Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:57 am

recently i have talk to spome of the prospective members of thi9s league - and they have expressed aprhension over SIMULATING every other season...

The reason for their aprhension is because SIMed games use DEFAULT rosters, this give stats to only players who play othe DEFAULT ROSTER and this could stagnate the progression of players who you would PREFFER TO BE STARTERS but may not be a "starter" as Madden program sees fit...

I can confirm this happeing to some degree - I play with a C potential RB (BOWMAN - year 2 draft) - he always has over 1500 yards rushing every year so he ha never regressed despite his C potential status... Nevertheless, when we SIMED our season in our double draft - he didnt get as many reps as he normally would if i played the games - his states fell and for the first time his ratings regressed slightly (most notably 96 sp fell to 94) - so i the concerns of our members are legitimate...

I guess what we have to devcide is the fact that we cant control who gets reps in the SIM season - whioch could lead to a fall in ratinsg to players who may not be "starters" ore important than having a LG that doubles the importance of offseason moves BY HAVING MORE OFFSEAONS...

i AM NOT SURE WHERE I STAND ON THIS ISSUE - but i will be checking this thread to help form my opinion - definitely interewsted in what others have to say...

Admin
Admin

https://maddengroup.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

SIMing every other year a good idea - YES or NO? Empty Re: SIMing every other year a good idea - YES or NO?

Post by dtigertron Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:09 pm

I think we should test this in 12, before we decide.
dtigertron
dtigertron
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

SIMing every other year a good idea - YES or NO? Empty Re: SIMing every other year a good idea - YES or NO?

Post by boltssbbound Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:27 am

i would say don't sim every other season, both because of the inability to set starters, but to me a huge part of building a team is finding players that fit your system, for example i usually wait to draft qbs because i use a run first offense and my passing game is fairly simplistic i that it relies on mostly short easy throws, so accuracy is not as important as it would be for some people.

if you sim a season your system plays no part in it, it will simply be based on what madden decides is the better team, using what decides should be the starters, rather the truly the best constructed team.

in my opinion the best constructed team is one that finds the perfect players that fit in their system, so their strengths will be fully utilized and their weaknesses will be masked.

just my two cents worth, although it is biased because my teams almost always lose simulated games because of poor cpu quarterback play

boltssbbound

Back to top Go down

Post by GriM-x-ReeFeR Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:31 am

I dont Think we Should Sim
GriM-x-ReeFeR
GriM-x-ReeFeR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum