* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

The Demo ..how'd you feel?

4 posters

Go down

The Demo ..how'd you feel? Empty The Demo ..how'd you feel?

Post by johnnylagz17 Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:39 am

So I've played the demo and while we all know the demo only shows 2 teams , 2 playbooks , 2? stadiums and just football so you can still only take so much away from it

but I felt let down I almost felt like they tried to incorporate some of backbreakers play style into it and the play calling is kind of b/s if you ask me .. good thought but again EA can mess up anything ..

I actually liked madden 10 more than what the demo showed ( though I'm a few months removed from it so my memory could be off)

this won't stop many of us sadly but does any1 feel let down ..again.. my EA .. or actually did madden do exactly what they always do in your mind and let you down after any hype ( wich I ignored b/c they never come threw lol)

lets hear how you feel , can't hurt while we wait ..
johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

https://facebook.com  look for john lagonigro ...

Back to top Go down

The Demo ..how'd you feel? Empty Re: The Demo ..how'd you feel?

Post by tomer629 Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:18 pm

Madden lets me down every year... But I expect them to let me down, so is it really letting me down if I see it coming???

Once again they have changed things just for the sake of change, to appear as if they have added something new to the game.

The strategy pad is a joke. The old system wasn't broken. Wasted developer time and money on something that was fine last year. Also what happened to being able to celebrate after a TD? This was in the game years ago but for some reason was taken out. Ill bet money they put it back in next year and call it a "new feature"

The new playcalling thing is idiotic. Nice try I guess at making the game more realistic, but I will never use it. It will just lead to more predictable playcalling.

Commentary is A JOKE. Seriously LMAO at the over acting by the new guy. It makes me cringe every time I hear his voice its soooo corny. Sounds NOTHING like what we hear on TV on sunday. Also Collinsworth has the same lines he has been saying for 3 years now. I heard him say the same lame ass lines that I got sick of 2 years ago. Seriously does collinsworth have ANY new lines? This is 2010 guys but this game isnt really any better than it was 5 years ago. I should be able to go an entire game without hearing the same line of commentary twice. The way it is now I hear the same line 2-3 times on a single drive!!!!

Fight for the fumble is still stupid. These guys make video game for a living and this is the best they can come up with??? Button mashing wasnt fun 25 years ago on nintendo and its not fun in 2010 either.

Tons of glitches, hangups, framerate problems again this year (I guarantee these will not be fixed in the retail version, they never are with madden, remember all the freezes on instant replays last year, or on measurements, or when you paused the game sometimes)

Say goodbye to defense. I predict many games with over 100 pts scored. If we have 8 min quarters people will be putting up 70 all the time. I run for 6ypc with crappy shonn green and ive only been playing the game a few days. Whats gonna happen when I have Adrian Peterson and ive been playing for 3 months. Hello 300 yd games. And dont even get me started on the passing game. I throw it all over Revis lmao. Whats gonna happen when im throwing it against a CB with 70 overall rating? I really loved playing D on madden last year. IMO it is what separated the good players from the great. Someone with good D skills could SHUT DOWN a good offense. I'm afraid this will not be the case this year.

Last night I lost an overtime game by 3 without ever getting possession of the ball. I lost the toss so they received. I forced a fumble, but they recovered it. So I NEVER HAD POSSESSION. They got into field goal range and kicked a FG. GAME OVER, JETS WIN. I should have got the ball and a chance to win it but the game just ended. Its gonna really suck when this happens in a league game.

With all that said, I will still probably play madden more than I play any video game this year. I love football and madden is still fun (usually). I just know that the game could be so much better if they actually tried to make it better instead of giving us the same BS every year and charging $65 for it.

This is why monopolies are illegal. When there is no competition for a company they will not improve their product because they know people will buy it anyway.

you asked for my honest opinion so there it is Very Happy

still cant wait for august 10th though (wtf is wrong with me?????)

tomer629
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnylagz17 Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:52 am

i completely agree what madden does every year is a real shame it almost feels like they downgrade the game every year instead of upgrading.

and imagine what 2k sports would of done with their football franchise by now
johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Mjkight Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:07 pm

I gotta be honest. I was really saddened when i played the Demo. I have only played one game but i sure hope its not the finished product.

I wont be using the automatic play call thing. The new control pad is dumb the old system was fine.

This is what i hope is improved tho...to me the gameplay was SLOW. The blocking didnt seemed improved at all. It was terrible the one game i played.

Ill sill be excited and ready for madden but its beyond me why EA cant do a better job.

Mjkight
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:34 pm

i liked the demo...it is on slow the game will be regular speed when its released...gameflow is ok kinda sucks a little bit specially if u rate a play more than its usual rating. the blocking system is improved i jus hope than man coverage is not like how it is in ncaa..which is freakin souped up.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnylagz17 Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:39 pm

agree with the last 2 posts ..even though you 2 disagree lol

- EA mess's up what is fine and sells us garbage like it's ok alll the time .. they've stripped madden down to gameplay as in football games alone, like the playing , no play calling ( having the cpu call your plays is just like head coach mode? or superstar mode ?) , but they don't change online actions much , franchise , superstar or ratings at all same system that doesnt work very well

the demo depressed me lol I recall last years demo and could tell ok this game is different ..n i like it ... this time I was kind of like WTF where's my madden ?...

you know they had to improve the man coverage.. but I noticed slant passes are still passes that are easy to hit so the coverage isn't much improved that I saw ..but that god if it is just enough lol

The blocking seemed better but I felt there were so many missed blocks I was curious is it the player or EA half @ssed the upgrade on the blocking ...

worried but of course were all going to suffer threw another year lol
johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down