* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

WIN or LOSE it all comes down to BS MADDEN LUCK!

3 posters

Go down

WIN or LOSE it all comes down to BS MADDEN LUCK! Empty WIN or LOSE it all comes down to BS MADDEN LUCK!

Post by GREENERRRR Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:18 pm

I have been looking at this in my league play for 7 weeks now... and i am positive - WHEN 2 SIM MADDEN PLAYERS REACH A MINIMUM THRESHOLD OF SKILL - THEN THE PLAYER WHO GETS MORE MADDEN BS LUCK IS GOING TO WIN THE GAME!

i know i am going to get a bunch of replies from people saying that this doesnt apply to them because they are way to good - but i know this to be true with these 2 caviates:

1 - This is only true between 2 SIM players who follow a specified code of SIM rules afterall i do not doubt the "chz factor"... - if you no more "chz" then your opponent then you have a better chance to win (even more so then how madden luck plays into the game...)

2 - Players have to reach a minimum level of skill - hard to quantify this - but u know it when u see it! Obviosly if a player is brand new to the game - it doesnt matter how much luck he gets if he is playn an experienced player - he should lose...

In your next dozen SIM games - take an HONEST inventory of the BS plays that u benefit from - and the same BS plays that work against you...

What i mean by BS plays - are RANDOM things that occur - that ceteris peribus (all things being equal...) shouldnt occur... A few examples:

Drop balls by WRs...
Wide open players that are overthrown...
Fumbles by players with carry ratings over 90 or by guys who cover ball up...
DBs droppin passes that my 8 pound yorkshire terrier could catch...
Players that FALL DOWN in a rainy game that are key to a play...
Basic Missed blocks that result in loss of yards...
Penalties that dont involve and advantage in the play - like ROUGHING THE PASSER...
TIP ball receptions
Swatted balls at the LOS
DYNAMIC and DIFFICULT plays that are made by players with marginal or weak ratings (example SANCHEZ just threw five 50+ yard bombs agsints the TIGHTEST coverage (literally a CB up his rear end) and he drops the ball in a tight 1 foot radius - anywhere outside of the 1 foot radius and its incomplete)

these are just a few examples - basicly anything u see in the game that makes u shake your head - BUT THE KEY IS ALWAYS TO BE HONEST - u not only have to inventory these kind of plays that go against you but u have to inventory these kind of plays that u benefit from as well!

A few examples of plays that are BASED ON SKILL (AND ARE NOT MADDEN BS LUCK)
- User interceptions...
- User catches in coverages...
- HIT STICK fumbles vs players who dont cover ball up or have less then 90 carry

In the end - the SKILLED plays made by players basicly even themselves out and ultimately you will see that 90% of SIM games between 2 reasonable skilled madden players ends up being decided by who gets more gratuitous MADDEN luck in BS situations that have NO SKILL tied to them...

OK i am ready to hear from everyone about how good they are - and how madden luck never impacts their game - (i know we wont avoid those posters...) - but for the next dozen games - make an HONEST and FAIR analysis of your SIM game - and u will this to be true!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

WIN or LOSE it all comes down to BS MADDEN LUCK! Empty Re: WIN or LOSE it all comes down to BS MADDEN LUCK!

Post by McNoob Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:55 pm

I see the Madden factor occur plenty of times. For example, something bad will happen if I return a kick from within the endzone, rather than just kneeling. Something bad will also happen if I attempt to throw too many times in the redzone (regardless how effective I was previously).

The biggest thing that has annoyed me has been watching the DBs accelerate quicker than normal to reach a deep ball I've thrown. Even the LBs are able to run faster than my receivers. I threw 8 freaking interceptions last game, and half of them were from the BS of the defense catching up way too quickly.

McNoob

Back to top Go down

WIN or LOSE it all comes down to BS MADDEN LUCK! Empty Re: WIN or LOSE it all comes down to BS MADDEN LUCK!

Post by weasel_ Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:31 pm

I find what you say to be true doesn't have anything to do with "sim" though. I play Broadway Blitz more then anyone in the group and our games are a straight up coin flip. They basically come down to who makes fewer mistakes or who gets the lucky madden play. That's just the way of it. What I think is lost in your guys pursuit for this sim perfect enviornemnt is that you actually are eliminating many variables in the game that separate players skill level. In my opinion the better players get more breaks because they create the situation for things to go I'm there favor more often. That's what the great players do they cancel out variables with there skill level. I don't understand why you are saying tht this is a bad thing. The more evenly matched you are with our opponent the more the actual players on the field make a differance in the game.

I think about how good some guys actually are if they didn't have certain players on their roster

What I would really like to see is a league form of the top 32 players In the group and the draft be in the order of our rankings online.

VIP is forming now and I would love to see the league formatted like this

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:12 am

weasel_ wrote:I find what you say to be true doesn't have anything to do with "sim" though. I play Broadway Blitz more then anyone in the group and our games are a straight up coin flip. They basically come down to who makes fewer mistakes or who gets the lucky madden play. That's just the way of it. What I think is lost in your guys pursuit for this sim perfect enviornemnt is that you actually are eliminating many variables in the game that separate players skill level. In my opinion the better players get more breaks because they create the situation for things to go I'm there favor more often. That's what the great players do they cancel out variables with there skill level. I don't understand why you are saying tht this is a bad thing. The more evenly matched you are with our opponent the more the actual players on the field make a differance in the game.

I think about how good some guys actually are if they didn't have certain players on their roster

What I would really like to see is a league form of the top 32 players In the group and the draft be in the order of our rankings online.

VIP is forming now and I would love to see the league formatted like this

dont mistake me (i posted same thread on EA foruums and a lot of people misunderstood that i was AGAINST RANDOM BS HAPPENING IN A MADDEN GAME...) - i am not random bs is part of NFL and part of madden - my issue is that it hasa BIGGER IMPACT ON THE GAME THEN THE SKILL PLAYS!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down