* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Who is in what division for Madden 25...

+7
crankitupp
RIPxPatTillman40
weasel_
broadway_blitz
Dcolon
gpatt55
GREENERRRR
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who is in what division for Madden 25... Empty Who is in what division for Madden 25...

Post by GREENERRRR Mon May 13, 2013 12:09 pm

Because we play FANTASY DRAFT - what team you are less of a concern - WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT IS TRYING TO FIND A WAY TO MAKE ALL OF THE DIVISIONS MORE BALANCED...

In august - when the 32 players for our main league is finalized (and we will have to so the same in a couple months later for PS4...) - I will start a thread and we will DEBATE the rating of all 32 teams (1 through 32) and this is how we can decide who plays in what division:

- The top 8 teams will be placed in seperate divisions...
- Team rated 9 goes into the division with the #1 rated player, The 10th rated player goes into the 2nd highest rated players division, the 11th rated player goes in the 3rd highest rated player division etc...
- this would cfontinue moving forward - The player rated 17th would go in the division with the top rated player and the 9th rated player, The 18th player would go in the division with 2bd highestr rated player and the 10th rated player etc etc etc...

In the end the divisions will be broke down as follows (numbers indicated represent wherer the player is rated from our GROUP DECIDED THREAD):

Div A

Div B

Div C

Div D

Div E

Div F

Div G

Div H

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:07 am; edited 4 times in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Who is in what division for Madden 25... Empty Re: Who is in what division for Madden 25...

Post by GREENERRRR Mon May 13, 2013 12:18 pm

The other option we have is to do a similar analysis of rating players but assign their divsisions based on a snake draft principal...

Thge division breakdown woul;d look like this (all #s are the players rated in the thread discussed in previous post):

Div A

Div B

Div C

Div D

Div E

Div F

Div G

Div H

Not sure whats the better way to group the players and form divisions - BUTR THESE ARE 2 POSSIBLE WAYS - love to hear other ideas...

and we dont have to decide now - BUT SMART TO DEBATE THIS - i think we should wait to make our final decision after the player ratings are finalized - ACTUALLY SEEING THE PLAYERS IN THE DIVISION MAY BE A BETTER WAY OF SEEING WHIOCH METHOD IS THE FAIREST WAY TO DECIDE WHO PLAYS IN WHAT DIVISIONS...

Love to hear your thoughts - hit me back...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Who is in what division for Madden 25... Empty Re: Who is in what division for Madden 25...

Post by gpatt55 Mon May 13, 2013 6:02 pm

I think the first option is better for league parity. There are stronger and weaker divisions in the actual NFL, and this setup will give "weaker" players a better shot at making the playoffs each year.
The Snake option gives the weakest 5 teams basically no shot of winning their division and even with better draft picks they probably still will not be able to defeat their strongest division rivals.
I believe the First strategy is a better option and will likely keep more users engaged for a longer run over the life of the franchise. Losing owners and having to scramble to replace them will slow and ultimately kill the success of any franchise.
(Sad that it seems this is happening in VIP and Greenmasters) Sad
gpatt55
gpatt55
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcolon Wed May 15, 2013 12:30 pm

I actually think that's a good system for divisons
I think the afc and NFC should be split evenly as well
1st place picks his conference, 2nd picks opposite, 3rd joins same as 1st and so on.

Also we have to put into account players maynot be as talented in Madden 25 as they were in Madden 13

Dcolon

Back to top Go down

Post by broadway_blitz Wed May 15, 2013 12:42 pm

This is a tuff one,, there are always several good players who leave the league and enter the league thru out the year. I don't know how you factor that in but it always happens

I guess option one is best

broadway_blitz

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Wed May 15, 2013 2:15 pm

I don't care what the ratings are as long as I'm not in RipTillman or Dcolonz division and have a team I can identify with .

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Wed May 15, 2013 4:06 pm

All 3 of the posters make great points...

CONFERENCE PARITY is important as DIVISION PARITY - I like Dcolon solution... 1 objection we will have to overcome, GUYS PROBABLY WON'T GET THEIR FAV TEAM - but in fantasy draft this is less critical (especially when all teams must "create a coach" - you can select your own PLAYBOOKS and your SCHEMES can be changed) - the downside is that you may like your home field or the climate of your city but the advantages of league parity outweigh this downside...

And we are always going to have PLAYER TURNOVER - there is no avoiding that but every year there is more & more guys who play year round ( I think we have over 20 this year) - most leagues can't exist year round (let alone have a 20 committed members) - You can never eliminate player turnover totally but our goal for Masden 25 is to have 25 year round players - and by adding players like MAZZ - gpatti - bigboitnu - burrinpaint - Lileen - Tgroesbeck - krisj85 - Funsmasher - and other quality guys, we will have minimal player turnover for Madden 25...

Joe makes a great point - Madden 25 will be a new gm - guys that are "good" this year may not be so good next year (and vice versa) - example I could NEVER beat CiRookLyn, Coneyislandblack and spin360 is madden 12 but this year I have been very successful... In addition when the gm is first released the gameplay will be more even because guys will need to get use to the game - but not much we can do about this - but leagues that start later can you the result of the earlier leagues to help determine players relative skill level so they can improve divisional parity

And this discussion is NOT about who you want or don't want in your division for Madden 25... We are trying to come up with an equitable way to decide who plays in what division with the goal of creating the best possible parity...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by RIPxPatTillman40 Thu May 16, 2013 4:49 pm

i agree option 1 seems better, in terms of favorite tms the higher ur selecting n rankings means first choice of the tm u want in ur conference assigned as #1 and #2 rankings will get there favorite tms n will just work down from there, really only plyers not getting to choose there tms r the 1's at the bottom of divs and theres still plenty of time 4 people 2 start moving up in the rankings

RIPxPatTillman40
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by broadway_blitz Fri May 17, 2013 8:28 am

I understand this isn't about what team u want to be but to ME , it's important ... I think by having a team u like u identity with them more and thus the league/games become more important

broadway_blitz

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sat May 18, 2013 11:08 pm

I can appreaciate that joe - we all have fav teams - but we have to decide whether having your fav team is more important then having balanced divisions...

Especially when you can change your PLAYBOOK and SCHEME to anything you want - and we all have to "create a coach"...

Obviously you can pick a team within a division you are assigned - I think the highest rated team should be able to pick his division and the team he wants (the 2nd rated player picks his division / team next etc - 8th rated player gets the last division available and takes the team he wants within that division...

The players assigned later to a division will get to pick from the teams that are available within that division ( higher rated players choosing first...)

If there is a better way to handle this - pls help us out and tell us...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by gpatt55 Mon May 20, 2013 4:12 pm

Might be a dumb idea and only complicate things further, but just a thought:

Should user location (time zones) be factored in at all? The league seems to be functioning well enough without this factor taken into consideration, but that may help out people getting their "favorite team" and may be more convenient scheduling wise.

Above all else league parity takes priority but if there is a way to accomodate this as well it should be looked into. What do y'all think?
gpatt55
gpatt55
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Wed May 22, 2013 11:37 pm

gpatt55 wrote:Might be a dumb idea and only complicate things further, but just a thought:

Should user location (time zones) be factored in at all? The league seems to be functioning well enough without this factor taken into consideration, but that may help out people getting their "favorite team" and may be more convenient scheduling wise.

Above all else league parity takes priority but if there is a way to accomodate this as well it should be looked into. What do y'all think?

i think maybe it should be considered - good point = but like u said - division parity must be take priority,,,
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by crankitupp Mon May 27, 2013 7:12 pm

As one of the weeker teams ( i have no problem admitting it, LOL ) division parity must take priority. My reasoning, is it is very difficult to progress your players and keep up with the league if you get stuck in a division with the two our three of our elite owners
crankitupp
crankitupp

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon May 27, 2013 11:37 pm

crankitupp wrote:As one of the weeker teams ( i have no problem admitting it, LOL ) division parity must take priority. My reasoning, is it is very difficult to progress your players and keep up with the league if you get stuck in a division with the two our three of our elite owners

bro your a perfect example of hiow every year the game is new - and who is a "goOD" PLAYER CAN CHANGE... last year you always made the playoffs - and i dont think i won a game vs you - you have had a tougher time this year - althoiugh you can tell that you have "skill" - just dont seem to get breaks when you need them...,

regardlerss - we have to start somewhere - so ranking the 32 players in the league - and dividing the teams up so that division parity is prioritized weems like the best play to start to me...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by broadway_blitz Tue May 28, 2013 5:47 pm

What about this idea, say you rate the top players 1-32 then decide which players played year around and ask for their top preferred teams.
that way year round players and top ranked players get rewarded

IDK really its tough one, but if i get the Giants i'm happy lol

broadway_blitz

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Fri May 31, 2013 8:22 pm

Having my fav team is more important to me. I could care less about league parity. If I'm locking in all year with a squad it has to be a team I'm a fan of. Who's city I like. Who's uniforms look good etc etc. I could never rock a few teams in the NFL like the seahags or the panthers. Gross . Texans? Gross. Bucks gross etc etc. also like Joe saying no way to tell who's gona be top dog next year. I'd say its more important to rank people for the fantasy draft rather then where they play. Tillman should have the last pick in the draft. Dcolon should be drafting 31st. Have the beat guys start with the worst teams.

I also suggest next season we start around season 15. Have a league full of made up players insted of real NFL players. I think it would put a cool twist in the game .

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by McNoob Fri May 31, 2013 10:42 pm

I like the idea of having a league full of generated players. I'm not sure how fair it would be since we can't actually play our games and determine our draft position. For example, any team with RG3, Cam, or Luck is gonna CPU dominate due to their progression and age, so those teams are locked into low draft picks.

It is an idea I'd like to see explored though. I feel most of M13's generated players are similar in attributes, so we'd be on a more level playing field.

McNoob

Back to top Go down

Post by gpatt55 Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:46 pm

A league full of generated players? definitely not in the main league. maybe in an offshoot league. This is Madden NFL, if you want to play a game full of randomly generated players, Blitz: The League II is a pretty good game.
gpatt55
gpatt55
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by General_Hon Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:07 pm

McNoob wrote:I like the idea of having a league full of generated players. I'm not sure how fair it would be since we can't actually play our games and determine our draft position. For example, any team with RG3, Cam, or Luck is gonna CPU dominate due to their progression and age, so those teams are locked into low draft picks.

It is an idea I'd like to see explored though. I feel most of M13's generated players are similar in attributes, so we'd be on a more level playing field.

U would just bench your stars

General_Hon
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:27 pm

Someone suggested having a league where you simuloated the first 15 to 20 seasons!

That would make all the players totrally random and CPU generated - no need for a fantasy draft... - U manage the players you get - AND MAKE THE BEST OF IT... - i think that may be fun...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by General_Hon Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:23 am

GREENERRRR wrote:Someone suggested having a league where you simuloated the first 15 to 20 seasons!

That would make all the players totrally random and CPU generated - no need for a fantasy draft... - U manage the players you get - AND MAKE THE BEST OF IT... - i think that may be fun...

That's what I do offline and always wanted to play in something similar online. Hopefully they let you sim practice mode to max all the xp but you still at least get xp for game stats anyway.

General_Hon
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddening isn't it? Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:06 pm

I want to play with real NFL players. If you want a second league for generated players i'd be cool with that, but i play Madden to use NFL players.

Maddening isn't it?
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:43 pm

I'm just suggesting this idea for an off shoot league like VIP or green Masters. This year all the leagues had the same draft classes. One of the reasons why I really enjoyed General Hon's league is because the draft classes didn't over lap with Greeners league so it really felt like an entirely different league after 2 seasons there were hundreds of different players. I like variety and would like to see how guys manipulated there rosters with totally CPU generated players. I think it would also give us all a better understanding of how players progress. I'm sure the system will be somewhat different this coming season. I really enjoyed the connected career XP gaining and progressing the players how ever you feel fit. IMO I think speed should be even more expensive then it is because it's not that realistic that guys get faster over the course of there career but whatever. I'm thinking about resuresting HELLS KITCHEN next year and simulating the 1st 15 -18 seasons is how I would set it up. We played year round and are just tarting our 7th season in Greeners league which means we only got to see 1/3 of the rookie draft classes.

Next season I think different leagues should be formatted different. Also would like to play in a league that simulated the entire regular season and we only play the playoffs. This way we can crown more champions and some of the guys who are not perennial contenders can get some playoff experience in.

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:23 pm

For the record - There are 25 rookie draft classes - There is NO SET ORDER of these draft classes - Some leagues start with draft class 12 - others start with draft class 22! It was pure coincidence that our leagues started close to the same rookie draft classes - its not likely that this would happen - but it did - AND WAS JUST 1 OF THOSE RANDOM BAD LUCK THINGS...

The 25 draft classes run in a loop - when u get to draft class 25 - you go bqack to draft class 1 - this happening in gREENERRR LG we started in draft class 21 - and progresed through 22,23,24,25 and then we went back to 1 and now we are in class 2...

its not like madden 10 - 11 - 12 where each season draft class was set - and never changed... For M14 There are 25 draft classes - and they never change (outside of the storeyline players) - but which draft clkass you start is total random

Admin
Admin

https://maddengroup.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:52 pm

To get things started for Madden 25 - I propose we breakdown players into GROUPS OF 8 in terms of `skill` (one player for each division...) - this will help us get a start on evening out divisions for M25 in order to create parity within divisions...

1 of the players in Groups A to D will be placed in each NFL Division...

Lets agree on these groups - and if we need to make more specific ranking within these groups - we will do it...

A Group:

RIPPATILLMAN
Dcolon
Weasel
Broadwayblitz
Mazz
DrMcNoob
Bigboitnu
GREENERRRR

B Group

gpatti
Kavorka
GeneralHon
Kimorealist
Chizzz522
Cirooklyn
Killuminatti
Calidew

C Group

Hpee
krockgizmo
CharlieHustle
thetrumpbailout
Crankitupp
Spin360
coneyislandblack
1 more TBA

D Group

chronicpain
puck39
EdibleZs
tgroesbeck
ishitonpplo3
Maddening
Mshreder
1 more TBA

other players under league consideration for M25:

albundy4tds1game
ct2384
Beastemode
Browardgoons
R088
Cantbbeat83
DaQBkillas
Dezmine
Funsmaher
Fredrocks
Grimxreefer
iMAN
jerseydevil
johnnylagz
JRUU
LegendnDamaken
Mattyrock
RambroBlack
Ripfme2pjh
Cassiusrocknroll
Fhpt317
Lileen

* more will be added as they become available...

note - This is just a rough estimate - AND M25 IS A NEW GAME - There were guys i couldnt beat at all in M12 - butr in M13 i didnt lose too (and vice versa...) - see this plan may not work at all...

In addition - some of the players listed here are QUESTIONABLE - (they werent active players in the last 2 seasons - and that may impact their status and they could be replaced by players who are proven to be active...)

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next