* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

My Final Thoughts on Cheeze...

5 posters

Go down

My Final Thoughts on Cheeze... Empty My Final Thoughts on Cheeze...

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:37 pm

in my last 16 games, my opponents run to pass ratio is 28% run - 72% pass. most of those runs are probably short yardage too, as i was actually surprised it was even as high as 28. aside from greener, only a couple other guys ran more than 10 times...and like i said most are either draws or 3rd and 1 fb isos. for the past 10 years the nfl average is 44% run - 56% pass, and i was hoping the cpu drafted league might encourage some more variety in play selection. not so much, i guess running just isn't thought of as either effective or entertaining. since this is just a pass happy league, far from the nfl standard...whos to say whats really sim anymore and is it even worth trying to enforce?

most of my league games feel like a lobby game with fair play settings turned on...and while i understand there a FEW nfl teams that are 70% pass most are relatively balanced, where in this league its like playing the broncos or colts every week. just defend 3 and 4 wide sets and hope for good coverage, but if not usually people stall out in the redzone anyways cause they cant throw it deep and don't have a clue on how to run, it is a lot easier to push a button and this is where i win most of my games.

i've recently started playing lobby games on my other account, and aside from kicking the ball on 4th there isn't a whole lot of difference. every night theres complaint after complaint on someone else, and there comes a time where we just have to play the game as it is...which sadly enough, will never be simulation football. at best it reminds me of tecmo bowl, first read is a deep pass, then a deep cross, then the drag. other play selection is a quick pass to the flats. cover 2 zone? ah they can't read safties and corners anyways...and throw it regardless since the ai sucks. now watch his HB break 3 tackles for a big gain, did they really outsmart my play call?

i'm not trying to call out cheese anymore, its gotten to that point where there are so many rules its going to be impossible to enforce and you will need a rule manual the size of the declaration of independence next to you for every game. i don't want that either...it all has to come down on the integrity of the player...so with that being said i will look forward to the few games in my schedules that will be a fun chess match, and for the others it'll just be the same 'ol shoot out long distance pass contest that i unfortunately have to play. the worst part is it takes even longer to get these games over with, and really makes the game look even worse as the poor awareness of pass coverage ai really comes out.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

My Final Thoughts on Cheeze... Empty Re: My Final Thoughts on Cheeze...

Post by PaPZ187 Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:56 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:in my last 16 games, my opponents run to pass ratio is 28% run - 72% pass. most of those runs are probably short yardage too, as i was actually surprised it was even as high as 28. aside from greener, only a couple other guys ran more than 10 times...and like i said most are either draws or 3rd and 1 fb isos. for the past 10 years the nfl average is 44% run - 56% pass, and i was hoping the cpu drafted league might encourage some more variety in play selection. not so much, i guess running just isn't thought of as either effective or entertaining. since this is just a pass happy league, far from the nfl standard...whos to say whats really sim anymore and is it even worth trying to enforce?

most of my league games feel like a lobby game with fair play settings turned on...and while i understand there a FEW nfl teams that are 70% pass most are relatively balanced, where in this league its like playing the broncos or colts every week. just defend 3 and 4 wide sets and hope for good coverage, but if not usually people stall out in the redzone anyways cause they cant throw it deep and don't have a clue on how to run, it is a lot easier to push a button and this is where i win most of my games.

i've recently started playing lobby games on my other account, and aside from kicking the ball on 4th there isn't a whole lot of difference. every night theres complaint after complaint on someone else, and there comes a time where we just have to play the game as it is...which sadly enough, will never be simulation football. at best it reminds me of tecmo bowl, first read is a deep pass, then a deep cross, then the drag. other play selection is a quick pass to the flats. cover 2 zone? ah they can't read safties and corners anyways...and throw it regardless since the ai sucks. now watch his HB break 3 tackles for a big gain, did they really outsmart my play call?

i'm not trying to call out cheese anymore, its gotten to that point where there are so many rules its going to be impossible to enforce and you will need a rule manual the size of the declaration of independence next to you for every game. i don't want that either...it all has to come down on the integrity of the player...so with that being said i will look forward to the few games in my schedules that will be a fun chess match, and for the others it'll just be the same 'ol shoot out long distance pass contest that i unfortunately have to play. the worst part is it takes even longer to get these games over with, and really makes the game look even worse as the poor awareness of pass coverage ai really comes out.

I agree with you 100% falconfan, it all comes down to integrity. Sucks we cant get a legit nfl sim game anymore. EA needs some competition to step there game up, hopefully some day this will happen before Im old and dont care anymore lol
PaPZ187
PaPZ187
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by JDB721 Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:11 pm

I recall you saying that we play like our real teams we watch all the time. My Houston Texans threw the ball the whole year with short passes last year. I just hate when people run an inside run just to run outside with the locomotion and take a long td. Thats not sim. There are times when people bounce out from inside runs to the outside in the nfl, but they dont run inside runs and automatically run outside every time knowing the AI is preparing for an inside run and gets sucked up. Its boring trying to defend that. My only chance of winning in these leagues, is the short pass attack and using clock management. If not I get half of the players in these leagues running inside designed runs then running outside from the set and using the pitch as an audible with their speed team. Its just annoying and honestly makes it not worth my time. Like I've said plenty of times before. When I'm early stealing with David Ortiz and half the league players dont know how to stop it, we will see how long they last.
JDB721
JDB721
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by JDB721 Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:16 pm

I feel you though falcons. If everyone didnt know how to stop the run in my playbook, I wouldnt throw all the time. I dont have a choice. Its rather annoying. In the CPU generated league, I ran the ball a little more, but im usually 70-30.
JDB721
JDB721
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by PaPZ187 Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:42 pm

You can tell its not even close to what you see on Sundays and what you have played through Pop Warner and High School just by the trades being made in the leagues. In the CPU Draft league, I traded DeAngelo Williams and Landry (the Ravens S, not the Skins one) and an average Center for Sanchez, Mangold, Cadillac, Abe Elam and a rookie LB Weatherspoon plus I got a 3rd round pick. In madden thats a pretty good trade for both, in my opinion, but no one would trade a young Franchise QB along with the best Center, a rookie LBer, and what not for a fast, very good RB and a above average safety.

Hopefully someday they will get something close to the real thing. I am a HUGE Jets fan, and I love Defense and Ground and Pound. You can run this type of team in Madden, but man so you gotta be on your A game week in and week out if your playing someone that can pass and has 2-3 speedy WRs plus a speedy RB.

However, I do get some games where it becomes a chess match. He is in a singleback, 3 wide....is he running or passing? I got my Safety in the box, am I blitzing or dropping back in a zone or watching the screen? Those type of games are fun, when your opponent uses a good amount of there playbook and mix in some run with the pass. Too many times though I play someone that has 2 runs they use, and they are basiclly both outside runs (like JDB said, which I never really noticed, but I have that done to me alot with the inside run going straight to the outside).

In the end bro, Greener and the guys here who are dedicated and have integrity do there best for us to get a SIM type expirience, but you can only do so much with a game like this. There are too much expliots to take advantage of, and half of them I have no clue of till I read them on here. You can only have so many rules, and they are so tough to enforce with the cheap replays on the PS3. I give Greener and the commishes like yourself Falcon all the credit for everything you guys do, but in the end you can only do so much with a poorly made game like Madden.
PaPZ187
PaPZ187
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:49 pm

Yeah agreed bro, in one of the other leagues I faced it and lost and didn't care. It's upon us to stop it. As far as running, I enjoy running, although I'm not good at it. At the same time, against most players i avg about 3 yds a carry on a good day. I think we'd all agree that it's easier to stop the run than the pass in general, so players who aren't good at running like you greener and the few others get stomped on offense, cant get a stop on D, and find themselves down. On top of that, although I'm sure many of these players like and watch football, they probably don't really understand football all that well, so when they find themselves down, they think passing is the way to go. Add to the equation that against teams that are successful, the clock wittle's down pretty quickly, and you can be lucky if you get 2 possessions in a qtr against a good rushing team, and the product is a one dimensional lobby team. Personally, I've played organized football for 16 years but it doesn't translate to madden at all.

However, it is funny to see how these players function in the red zone when they can't run the ball, it makes for turnover central, and great goaline stands. I've held a couple players to 0 points when they had 4 downs with the ball on the 1...of course I still eventually lost though.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:08 pm

i one of the most prolific runners in the madden group, but i don't run it that often. i'm usually in the top 5 at the end of the season and top 3 in tds. all this with sub par rbs. before the new greener franchise draft the best rb i've had was matt forte. i usually rely on home runs to get my yards to the top of these leagues. i only run it about 10-15 times on avg per game, but my rb's are always have +1000 yards and that end of the season. unless i got the lead i don't run very much. and most of my runs are 2-3 yards and then one run that is 50+ that makes my ypc look halfway decent. this is mostly because most guys in the league stop the run the making you pass to beat them. which is smart. i do the same thing and make my opponents one dimensional. i can't remember the last time someone put up +100 yard outing on my defense, even with people like greener, i shut it down. my pass defense sucks but you def ain't running on me.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:41 pm

Ez I hear ya, your run D is really good. I am the same way in terms of running the ball though. I don't run more than 14-16 times unless it's really working for me, and rely on big runs a lot. I was 2nd or 3rd in the AFC rushing last season in DW's league and it primarily came from big runs.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down