* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

The Future of the MG?

+18
DEN_24
Ace1129
phantomshark
BiLlDoZeR_27
Mcnair2wycheck
Delmas26
mblammers
falconfansince81
bjcole26
ezweightloss
surfnturf90
Fr8trainShane
GREENERRRR
youngwattz
T-MAN-13-RHP
Deathwish22
saastar
Cheddah_Cheez
22 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Future of the MG? Empty The Future of the MG?

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:17 am

I had no idea that this was only year 2 of this group. By no means am I trying to take a leadership position here, but I think in order for us to be successful we need to think of a few areas of improvement. These are just a few areas that I think we should all address before next year's Madden comes out:

Direction: What are we trying to be here? I think growth is important, but I think even more important is QUALITY over QUANTITY. A lack of effort is not the only thing...and not the easiest way to kill a franchise. Poor players are. Of the guys I've spoken to in the MG, the reasons most of them either left other sites or left other MG leagues are either because of too many cheesers, or their interest died. I think it's great that Greener uses his franchises as a place for newer members to acclimate themselves to our rules. It's very necessary. But I think we should put a cap on how many guys can join. This way we see guys maintaining interest, guys don't get burned out, and more leagues will stay healthy.

Leaders: I think this is something that should be chosen very carefully. If you aren't going to have the time to really put some effort into a franchise, I don't think you should run one. Or maybe 2 RELIABLE guys should split a franchise. But I'd suggest not going into it with someone you don't trust, because they could leave you out to dry

Rules: I think we need to sit down and REALLY analyze our rules. There's a lot of rules that guys don't like, some that could be changed, some that could be done away with, and some that could be added.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

The Future of the MG? Empty Re: The Future of the MG?

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:17 am

Just wonderingn what everyones thoughts are
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:32 am

i agree with all of the above... i definitely think guys should really think before joining so many franchises.. bc u like said u spoke to some people and they lost interest or cheesers... but losing interest is mainly bc we had some me new franchises coming that alot said yeah i will join and didnt even think about the long run.. then when it got to seaon 2 and other lgs like cheddah's came along with some more active posts and stats and stuff.. the people who were in to many franchises lost interest in like vista lg, ez lg, green 1 lg kight lg.. the cpu drafted league had to shout down before it even completed an season.. the vip had to die bc of an douchbag...

so i believe an limit on lgs made should be something that happens.. and mg members need to really think of how many lgs they can actually handle for the long run.. not just as an lg just to do another draft then wind up quiting after season 1 bc lack of interest.. and yes another good point u made cheddah is the rules definitely need to be looked over again and some changed, some added and some deleted....

as far as leaders i think only an certain few who have the time and can really make an effort to finish out an franchise should be able to commish 1 or like u said cheddah double up with someone and commish one..

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:35 am

saastar wrote:i agree with all of the above... i definitely think guys should really think before joining so many franchises.. bc u like said u spoke to some people and they lost interest or cheesers... but losing interest is mainly bc we had some me new franchises coming that alot said yeah i will join and didnt even think about the long run.. then when it got to seaon 2 and other lgs like cheddah's came along with some more active posts and stats and stuff.. the people who were in to many franchises lost interest in like vista lg, ez lg, green 1 lg kight lg.. the cpu drafted league had to shout down before it even completed an season.. the vip had to die bc of an douchbag...

so i believe an limit on lgs made should be something that happens.. and mg members need to really think of how many lgs they can actually handle for the long run.. not just as an lg just to do another draft then wind up quiting after season 1 bc lack of interest.. and yes another good point u made cheddah is the rules definitely need to be looked over again and some changed, some added and some deleted....

as far as leaders i think only an certain few who have the time and can really make an effort to finish out an franchise should be able to commish 1 or like u said cheddah double up with someone and commish one..

+1. I completely agree with everything Saastar has said here.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by T-MAN-13-RHP Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:45 am

i like the cap for how many lgs a member can join, as i said in another thread.. why dont we do something to the effect of having people run certain jobs? like promotion, rules, tips, etc.. itll make it more then just ONE person doing a lot of the work, and allows for the group to see different views and i think could make the group stronger. also maybe open NEW lgs after say 40 new members join? it would then give you 32 members and 8 on the waiting list? but we also need the best players possible. myself i know for a fact i am very bad lol but i play by the rules, i know what to look for when making a team. then if one day i cant play anymore i know that the next guy will get it and they'll most likely be happy with the roster.
T-MAN-13-RHP
T-MAN-13-RHP
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by youngwattz Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:13 am

I agree also with what everyone is saying, I would like to see more reliable ppl being able to help out and take roles like Tman said.. Cuz me personally as much as im on the computer and madden I have nvr mind helping out if need be. I'll help out anytime. I also think that maybe there should be a GC for each lg not really for trades but more so for issues that come up, maybe that could help out with all the glitches or whatever jacked up plays ppl might try lol i know the commishes get burned out from all the msgs ppl send on a daily basis and having to handle them all by themselves is probably stressful as hell! And this whole AIM chat and XFN chat is cool also brings alot more attention, a really really good idea that will help alot for Madden 12 IMO.
youngwattz
youngwattz
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:20 am

i agree with allof what chedah said except for LIMITING MEMBERS - new members are the life blood of this group - If it wasnt for new recruits - we wouldnt have found half of the quality players that we rely on to make this community succssful...

the issue is not how many people we recruit - its recognizing the new recruits that are going to be LEGIT and ACTIVE - i have no crystal ball - and every new recruiit always has the best of intentions but you never really know until you see the person in action...

But capping the membership is never the answer - if we have a set amount of LGs - and thats what we decide on - we stick with it - and we tell the LEGIT but ACTIVE players (that are new to the MG) they can only be part of the existing franchises and must bide their time on the wait list... - but as devil advocate - what could happen hear is that some LEGIT ad ACTIVE players may get tired `waiting` and we could lose them - but if thats the cost of doing business - so be it....
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:33 am

I agree with most of what everyone says....

Perhaps instead of limiting the number of people we let in the leagues....we have a Minor league system... Everyone new starts in one of these minor leagues... and you have to earn your way into the upper leagues.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:46 am

GREENERRRR wrote:i agree with allof what chedah said except for LIMITING MEMBERS - new members are the life blood of this group - If it wasnt for new recruits - we wouldnt have found half of the quality players that we rely on to make this community succssful...

the issue is not how many people we recruit - its recognizing the new recruits that are going to be LEGIT and ACTIVE - i have no crystal ball - and every new recruiit always has the best of intentions but you never really know until you see the person in action...

But capping the membership is never the answer - if we have a set amount of LGs - and thats what we decide on - we stick with it - and we tell the LEGIT but ACTIVE players (that are new to the MG) they can only be part of the existing franchises and must bide their time on the wait list... - but as devil advocate - what could happen hear is that some LEGIT ad ACTIVE players may get tired `waiting` and we could lose them - but if thats the cost of doing business - so be it....

I didn't mean limiting membership. I meant limiting how many franchises guys can enter
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:48 am

Fr8trainShane wrote:I agree with most of what everyone says....

Perhaps instead of limiting the number of people we let in the leagues....we have a Minor league system... Everyone new starts in one of these minor leagues... and you have to earn your way into the upper leagues.

That's a good idea...or rather than call them Minor leagues we could have them set up as franchises that are only scheduled for a limited number of seasons. This way new guys can get in them and get a feel for our rules, and other guys won't have to make such a drastic commitment
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by T-MAN-13-RHP Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:49 am

adding some baseball talk i like it Wink jk.. uhm but actually its a really good idea. say have 5 SOLID leagues. with DW and chz as the only 2 'elite' lgs. and have maybe 3-4 minor league lgs? say maybe the top play in each of those lgs will get to join 1 of the top tier lgs, and the worst player in the top tier lgs goes into the minor lgs? this way you cant just tank a season to get a pick?
T-MAN-13-RHP
T-MAN-13-RHP
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:00 am

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:

That's a good idea...or rather than call them Minor leagues we could have them set up as franchises that are only scheduled for a limited number of seasons. This way new guys can get in them and get a feel for our rules, and other guys won't have to make such a drastic commitment

there u go - now we are talkn - actually brainstorming and having some useful ideas come out of this...

in fact - we could ask or even MANDATE as required to have a `SENIOR MEMBERS` in each division of these `minor Lg`franchises - that way the `SR MEMEBER will get to play every1 in their division twice - and they should have a good idea what kind of players they are in that division - we could even keep the identity of SR members secret so that new players are not sure who is the guy eyeballing them - (hell - we could even swicth up SR members in this role) - so that nobody has to do this job indefinitely and every1 in the MG can make a TANGIBLE contrubtion for the betterment of the MG - and so its not the same guys always making the effort required to make the MG a success

and the Lg doesnt have to be seen as a cmplete chore to teh SR members - make the best of it- try out new play books - play with differnt players - and employ different strategioes than u are use to - this could help improve your game while your providing your `community service` to the Mg - (i used the term community service - because i thought it would be a phrase most of the delinquents (including myself) on here would recognize! LOL

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:06 am

I really like the idea of a minor league system with franchises that are only supposed to last for a season or 2. That sounds like a great way to get new guys acclimated to our rules and everything, without requiring a huge time commitment from anyone

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:32 am

1 . minor league system is a great idea.
2. it sounded like chedda was saying to cap the number of members in the mg which he says he's not but either way that is not a good idea.
3. capping number of franchises is a good idea and i think madden had it right by letting you join 5 on an one ID so why don't we set a 5 franchise max for each person?

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:06 am

ezweightloss wrote:1 . minor league system is a great idea.
2. it sounded like chedda was saying to cap the number of members in the mg which he says he's not but either way that is not a good idea.
3. capping number of franchises is a good idea and i think madden had it right by letting you join 5 on an one ID so why don't we set a 5 franchise max for each person?

Yeah after re-reading what I wrote it did sound like I was proposing a numbers cap. That's not what I meant. I meant we had to take steps to make sure we got quality players in our group. We should recruit any and everyone, but I was more concerned with the process guys go through AFTER that recruitment. The minor leagues sound like a great idea to filter the recruits we got from guys really willing to play SIM ball, commit to franchises, and adhere to the rules. Anyone who is honestly looking to join a group like ours will definitely be willing to go through a season or two in a minor league to prove themselves. I think it's an idea we should continually develop so that by the time Madden 12 rolls around we can hit the ground running.

Just an Idea...but I say we stagger the Major Franchises around Minor League Seasons. For example: DW is the best, so his franchise could take all the returning guys that he personally believes will play all 10 seasons if that's what he wants. While that starts we could also have 2 or 3 Minor leagues with 16 new guys each (so we can have 2 vets per division to determine which new guys seem like they are really sim players). At the end of those Minor leagues (say they go for 2 seasons) we can draft the 2nd Major League...which would take any vets that were interested as well as new guys from the Minor leagues that just finished that have been deemed legit players. As that happens we can kick off 2 more Minor leagues, and the process repeats. Just an Idea. Or we can have like set dates that the Major leagues will start on, and then run Minor leagues for the time in between those dates, which could also give us ample time for us to see who is legit.

Again that's just a rough idea of how things could work. Any and all criticism is welcomed.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:42 am

i don't think starting all the leagues so late is necessarily a good idea. i think to start off we should have Greener's league (only one of them though next year), Kight's league, DW's, and then start we can start the minors then after a roster update we can do Chz's invite only league again and then go from there.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:53 am

all sounds like great ideas.. but minor lgs would definitely i know help my game.. bc i would definitely be mixing it up alot more in madden 12 and instead of just finding an playbook with alot crossing routes.. try to draft an team built around heavy running or running more then passing or find something new that works.. also work on my defense of stopping the run better... differently would be helpful... but yeah my set goal for madden 12 is 2 major lgs and 2 minor lgs... maybe an 3rd minor lg to try to draft 3 different ways so that way when the 2nd major lg or big lg comes around be ready to know an good stragety i like....

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:57 am

ezweightloss wrote:1 . minor league system is a great idea.

+1. We should definitely cap the maximum amount of leagues you are allowed to join to 5 leagues under your 1 ID.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:05 am

ezweightloss wrote:i don't think starting all the leagues so late is necessarily a good idea. i think to start off we should have Greener's league (only one of them though next year), Kight's league, DW's, and then start we can start the minors then after a roster update we can do Chz's invite only league again and then go from there.

No...I believe the CHZ LGE needs to start from the beginning. It should be considered higher than the Greener1 and Kight league just based on it's popularity on the forums. Plus, I would love to see Cheddah's league reach 10 seasons next year. I think we should have 4 major leagues; Kight's League, Greener 1, DW, and CHZ Lge....FROM THE BEGINNING. I will definitely be starting on time next year. I waited 2 weeks this past year and right now those 2 weeks would have probably have put us in Season 6.

Also...what you feel about all the leagues having the same universal settings. All the same clock minutes, accel clock, all-madden...and so on. Because this way when a team moves up from the minors and "graduates" to the majors...the settings will all be the same and the adjustment won't be so hard. What do you think?

Bros, the affect of the football season being over is hitting hard now. Even in my league, I've had 2 teams resign in the last 2 days.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:05 am

As someone that used to play in leagues back in 2005 and 2006. I would agree with the minor league system... We used to have it for one of my leagues... It would allow the GC to see who is active, who plays sim and who is committed to here long term.

I also would agree in capping the number of leagues. If this is the case, i would hope that all leagues would be on the same pages as far as rules and even advancing. I think some of the owners loose interest in leagues because 4 and 5 days go by with no advancement. Maybe we say ALL leagues advance in 48 hours and if we do have different times, make it a set time like 72 hours with no exceptions.

Finally, i also do think there needs to be set roles for the GC and other members of MG group.

Last edited by bjcole26 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:56 am

rules definately need revised and updated as the slew of madden 12 glitches and bugs pour in, so that should be constantly addressed and updated. when a rule is changed or modified, it'd probably be a good idea the commish informs his players about it.

the minor league thing is def a good idea, but eventually those guys who prove their worth are going to want their own drafted team...as they well deserve if they make the cut. perhaps we start one of the last leagues from the guys who 'graduated' from the minor leagues that want to draft their own team, if we have enough. again, i don't think any new member fresh off the interwebz deserves a fantasy draft spot until he proves his longevity.

i think the GC should play more of an affect in overall MG decision and rule making, based on votes.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:07 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:rules definately need revised and updated as the slew of madden 12 glitches and bugs pour in, so that should be constantly addressed and updated. when a rule is changed or modified, it'd probably be a good idea the commish informs his players about it.

the minor league thing is def a good idea, but eventually those guys who prove their worth are going to want their own drafted team...as they well deserve if they make the cut. perhaps we start one of the last leagues from the guys who 'graduated' from the minor leagues that want to draft their own team, if we have enough. again, i don't think any new member fresh off the interwebz deserves a fantasy draft spot until he proves his longevity.

i think the GC should play more of an affect in overall MG decision and rule making, based on votes.

+1

I also think capping the number of franchises is a good idea.

I don't know how someone gets on the GC, but I have interest in being on it.

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:24 pm

I think you could easily have 2 major franchises right off the bat. Several owners like myself...aren't even in deathwish...and it sounds like he's keeping his same core. So, while I consider myself one of the best 32 owners...I'd be left out of the major franchises. I doubt I'm the only one. I bet theirs 10-15 quality veteran owners not in deathwish. So, while I tend to like the Minor League idea...I still think you need at least 2 core major franchises.
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:27 pm

FF i was thinking the same thing for the new guys that do prove they are worthy....They would never be able to draft their own team. Maybe the last league is a 2 or 3 season max but this would allow these owners the opportunity to draft a team from the beginning... Maybe a November 1st or November 15th start date at latest.
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:46 pm

mblammers wrote:
falconfansince81 wrote:rules definately need revised and updated as the slew of madden 12 glitches and bugs pour in, so that should be constantly addressed and updated. when a rule is changed or modified, it'd probably be a good idea the commish informs his players about it.

+1

I also think capping the number of franchises is a good idea.

I don't know how someone gets on the GC, but I have interest in being on it.

I agree. I also agree with what DW said earlier. That's why I said we should stagger some franchises...so the new guys who prove their longevity can draft their own team. Obviously if we start all the major franchises from the get go the new guys who are legit would get screwed...I personally wanted to see Chz Lg get a full 10 seasons next yr, but I also would be willing to volunteer myself as one of the later starting franchises to give newer legit guys the option to draft a team after they've been proven.

After looking at the responses, we currently face 2 obstacles as far as the league structure we're looking at. A. We need to find guys who are going to be RELIABLE and DEDICATED enough to run the minor franchises. These minor franchises will be the face of the group as far as recruiting goes. It can't just be a bare bones, play your games and that's it affair. The minor franchises need to pique guys' interest in our group. I was lucky to come in and get DW as my first ever fantasy drafted league. Thinking back on it, if I had to join a minor league to get in I definitely would have...but if that minor league wasn't as exciting as my experience was in DW I wouldn't have looked forward to or expected much more from the MG. So I think it's imperative that we get some guys really really dedicated to doing the work for a good franchise even though it's minor league...and after all you'd only have to put the time in for 2 seasons. B We need to figure out who will run the major franchises. These have to be even better than the Minor franchises, to give new guys an incentive to stay with the group. DW's lg is the perfect example of what a major franchise should be. More importantly we need to figure out how to stagger the major franchises. DW's should be off the bat. I'd also like mine to start right away...but I'd sacrifice that if no one else wanted to. I think a solid number for major franchises is 5. Judging from how things went this year, and the time constraints a lot fo guys had, burning out, and commitments outside of MG...I'd say there are maybe 4 guys in my opinion that are suited to run a Major franchise on their own (but of course that's just MY opinion and it doesn't hold much weight)...and then we could have 1 more major one done with a team of two guys who are dedicated as well. We can have 2 that start right away, and then stagger the other 3 along with the Minor franchises.

As far as the rules. I agree it should be an ongoing thing. The only problem with that is communication of rule changes to the players. I suppose we could make the commissioners notify everyone as someone (FF?) suggested above. Or we could have a Monthly update on the forum to let guys know of MG news (schedules for new Major/Minor franchises, rule changes/updates/additions, teams that need filling in franchises, etc).

Lastly, I think MBlammers deserves a GC Spot. I've talked to him off the boards and he's one of the most level headed guys in MG. He also has the best interests of the MG in mind. He's given me a lot of advice on things I've been contemplating or when I've asked him for it on rulings I had to make or vote on.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next