* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

How long should we be expected to wait for a late opponent.

+3
surfnturf90
falconfansince81
Mcnair2wycheck
7 posters

Go down

How long should we be expected to wait for a late opponent. Empty How long should we be expected to wait for a late opponent.

Post by Mcnair2wycheck Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:52 pm

I see in some threads that people have had to wait for an hour for their opponent to show up after a previously scheduled gametime. I think that this is totally unreasonable. I consider myself a punctual person and absolutely refuse to spend an hour sitting on PSN doing absolutely nothing. Personally, I think that if the time of the game was already scheduled between the two players, the on-time player should give the other 15 minutes to contact them and if that doesn't happen, it should be considered the late player's fault i and the on-time player should be given preference for getting a CPU game. (Obviously nobody should abuse this if it is still possible to schedule a real game at a later time)

Mcnair2wycheck
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

How long should we be expected to wait for a late opponent. Empty Re: How long should we be expected to wait for a late opponent.

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:28 pm

thats a good point, maybe if we did add a section to the leagues where a proposed time was agreed upon you could post it for that week...and if your opponent is a no show after 20 minutes you have to option to wait or play cpu.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

How long should we be expected to wait for a late opponent. Empty Re: How long should we be expected to wait for a late opponent.

Post by Mcnair2wycheck Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:43 pm

A few days ago I waited a half an hour, then like 5 minutes after I started a game with someone else the guy messaged me "Are you ready to play now" so I just responded something along the lines of "Dude, we were supposed to play over a half hour ago, I'm in a game now, I'll play in 45 mins" and he complained and said he had to go in an hour and a half so we almost didn't get the game in.

Mcnair2wycheck
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:52 pm

yeah I think if they miss the scheduled game time, you should have the right to get a cpu game at your convenience. that doesn't mean you should take it right away though unless it right by the weekly deadline, just that if you can't agree on another time to play you get a cpu game instead of a sim.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by G-Villa809 Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:05 pm

I agree I have been screwed many of times because my opponent either never responded to my messages or never got online to play our game.That is agree to be awarded cpu gm even though it sucks as hell and boring but at least you wont get your gm sim when the whole time you were ready to play.

G-Villa809
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:36 pm

I'd say that if you want to hold a player to a set time that you agree on you should both post online (just like a trade summary) bc if you don't then it's your word against his, and we all know how that turns out.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:44 pm

Yea I was a victum of this Monday night...I think if a time is set then yea of course someone deserves a cpu game. The bad part about this is the 48 hr rules most franchises go by. Say advancement is the very next day at 8am and the game was schedule to be played at 11 est and the commish isn't online to grant a cpu game..ur screwed and it has to be simmed...I think a section would be ok but messaging rhe commish of times is much better...I kno dw texted me yesterday and asked if my game was schedule with my opponent I said yea...we he didn't show up at 11 est and text me close to an hr later after I texted him 15 minutes past 11 that he was doin family stuff so I was screwed out of that game and I told dw he wasn't gonna play but. Dw wasn't online to give me a cpu game...so telling the commish or a section would do jus fine but I see it hard to grant cpu games late like that.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:40 am

gus this situation is already solved in our existing policy - (See UNIVERSAL SIM RULES)...

If u schedule a game - AND BOTH PARTIES CONTACT THE COMMISH AND TELL THE COMMISH THAT A GAME TIMED HAS BEEN SCHEDULED AND CONFIRMED - IF THERE IS A NO-SHOW - U GET A CPU GM...

All u have to do is message the commish if their is a no-show - if he ios online he can give u the CPU game right away - if he isnt your PSN message will be time stamped - showing u were there on time - YOUR OPPONENT WONT BE ABLE TO MAKE SUCH A MESSAGE B/C HE IS A NO-SHOW - and the commish can give u the CPU gm whenever u guys work it out - if u are playn some1 that u dont know, have had bad experience with this in the past or just get a bad feeling about - SCHEDULE THE GAME WITH THE COMMISH CONFIRMING THE TIME - if BOTH parties confirm the time - U ARE 100% SET...

btw - the rules allow a 15-20 minute "grace period" if guys are late - BE SURE TO INCLUDE TIME ZONE WHEN SCHEDULING SUCH GAMES - OR ANY GAMES FOR THAT MATTER
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down