* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Why FAKE FIELD GOALS R BS!

+10
mblammers
phantomshark
falconfansince81
Child_Please4285
ezweightloss
jmojsoski
Vista3131
Fr8trainShane
Mjkight
GREENERRRR
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why FAKE FIELD GOALS R BS! Empty Why FAKE FIELD GOALS R BS!

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:20 pm

Football is a game of RISK vs REWARD - and madden captures this aspect nicely in a lot of ways.... - u can bring "9 men in the box" to try and STUFF a big ground attack (REWARD)- BUT it just takes 1 run to reach the 2nd level and the RB has a clear path to the endzone (RISK).... U can Blitz heavy - leaving your CB man2man with WR and the Offense may pick up the blitz - get a huge gainer (RISK) or u may get to the QB andmake a big sack (REWARD)...

However the kicking game doesnt capture RISK / REWARD aspect of the game... IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BLOCK A FIELD GOAL - no matter if its a 60 yard field goal, the kicking team uses the lowest trajectory to kick, the kicker is some scrub and the O-line is terrible and the block team is full of pro-bowlers- U WONT BLOCK A KICK!!!!

Understanding this - IT MAKES NO SENSE EVER TO TRY AND BLOCK A FIELD GOAL - u are opening yourself up for a huge RISK (if u try u run a field goal block and the offense calls a pass fake - its a TD everytime)... and even if he kicks the ball there is NO POSSIBILITY OF REWARD (in a blocked field goal)!!!! - - THEREFORE IT IS ONLY LOGICAL TO PLAY A base defense vs every field goal attempt - elliminating the effectiveness of a fake field goal and u would get the same result as a FIELD GOAL BLOCK ANYWAYS (which is u never get the kick blocked)!!!!...

so when playing LEGIT guys in the MAdden Group - and knowing u cant block a kick EVER - and that it can be easily defended with a base defense - WHY SHOULD ANY1 CALL A FAKE FIELD GOAL AND THINK ITS LEGIT?

I am bnringing this up - because recently playing some1 - who i figured whould never pull such BS - i was watching TV while playn our game - and i was lazy and just let "madden call my defense"... (instead of going through the 4-5 step process of putting a base defense in - 1) u have to select "call a play manually" - 2) back out of the special teams menu - 3) click over to a base defense 4) make sure u have the right personel on the field who are not tired 5) than select the particular defensive scheme...

I figured - THERE IS NO WAY THIS LEGIT PLAYER WOULD PULL A STUNT LIKE A FAKE FIELD GOAL - Why should i bother with all that BS (besides i am tryn to watch TV too)... well what do u know????? the guy pulls a fake field goal (not to mention WE WERE TIED IN THE 4TH QUARTER WITH 6 MINUTES LEFT AND IT WAS A 30 YARD CHIP SHOT - A FIELD GOAL WOULD HAVE PUT HIM IN THE LEAD ANYWAYS)... just based on that scenario it was a BS call - u ask 100 NFL COACHES if they would do a fake field goal in that suituation - U WOULD BE HARD PRESSED TO FIND 1 COACH THAT WOULD SAY THEY WOULD - Even belichick!

In the end - its a diference in the game - and total chz maneuveur - total shame....
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Why FAKE FIELD GOALS R BS! Empty Re: Why FAKE FIELD GOALS R BS!

Post by Mjkight Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:34 pm

NATE!!! You beat me with a fake fg last year!!!!

Mjkight
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:36 pm

Can't argue that.
BS Move.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:52 pm

Nate is what MJKight telling the truth!!!! shame, shame , shame.

My Opinion is Fake FG's and Fake Punts should NOT be allowed ever.

The Fg can be defended, so I will say Greenerr you made a mistake because I always defend FG with a defense and I know you do also.

But Punts on the other hand are more difficult because it is hard to have a base defense and expect to return the punt without a catastrophy happening.

P.S. I have only had 1 person attempt a fake punt in all my MG games but I had a base defense because he was on my 40 and had a 4th and 2 and he was trailing. Kinda figuered he was just going to go for it BTW, he made it!

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:20 pm

Mjkight wrote:NATE!!! You beat me with a fake fg last year!!!!

that was last year - when i BELIEVED THE GAME WOULD ALLOW SUCH THINGS AS FIELD GOAL BLOCKS!!! - believe me - if i would have read the post i had just written last year - I WOULD HAVE NEVER DONE A FAKE FIELD GOAL..

so that fake field goal was done so out OF IGNORANCE - and i appologize for that... but hopefully guys willl read this post and FIGURE IT OUT - WHERE I HAD FAILED U LAST SEASON!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:17 pm

Smart call on the other players part... Geener dude stop complaining... You got beat just own up to it, take responsibility... Just atop complaining bro...And great way to show your opponent respect by watching tv and playing madden, looks like he caught you with your pants down..you deserved this by not giving your opponent your undivide attention
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:33 pm

LOL

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:33 am

i never pick field goal block plays except on extra points. i usually keep a cover 2 or cover 1 just incase of any trickery. its an easy solution.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:35 am

i see nothing wrong u admit that its stupid to pick fg block and yet because u mistakenly picked the play you are complaining. To be honest i really don't even see how this can be debatable, you got caught sleeping how can a fake fg be cheezy when its only one play it beats and there is no reason to ever pick that play by your own admission
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:12 am

never pick FG block, ever. problem solved. i mean...how many times have we seen fake fg's and punts this year? they work most the time cause special teams is sleepin. if the call fg block they'll get burned, just like in madden. ANY play...and literally, any play will stop it...just call anything besides fg block, its not like your gonna block one anyways.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:30 am

Guy faked a FG in my MG Surf game today, I chose a base defense, he still made it.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Why FAKE FIELD GOALS R BS! Empty my .02

Post by mblammers Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:02 pm

Nothing wrong with a fake field goal AT ALL.

Also, the ability to block or not block a field goal has nothing to do with the decision to kick or fake. They are totally different decisions.

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:45 pm

phantomshark wrote:Guy faked a FG in my MG Surf game today, I chose a base defense, he still made it.

well if you don't control the safety i guess your sol. i just control the safety or lb all the time and theres only one read than can get open...
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:44 pm

HOW COULD U GUYS ADMITT THAT FIELD GOALS CAN NEVER BE BLOCKED - than say its "legit" to run a field goal fake vs a field goal block??? utter absurdity! do u actually listen to yourself???? Makes no sense - absolute flaw in the game - If u could actually block a field goal in this game - my arguement WOULD HAVE ZERO BASIS - but u cant...

and JMO - u are 1 of the luckiest player I HAVE CONSISTANTLY PLAYED AGAINST - u want me to take ownership of my losses - u take ownership of your LUCK ass wins - try and tell me a 68 yard HAIL MARY at the end of the game or JONATHAN STEWART (94 carry rating, 240 carries - 1800+ yards NO FUMBLES ALL YEAR) - than we play in the AFC championship game - and the guy FUMBLES 3 TIMES!!!!!! BOth of these LUCK ASS PLAYS - 100% generated by EA SPORTS PROGRAMMING ABSURDITY - GAVE U THE WIN - u earned nothing - total 100% BS LUCK... - (and for the record - when i get a LUCKY play for me - i am the 1st to recognize it - most people only see the BS plays that go against them - I definitely see both - IDK how many times i have messaged opponents aFTER THE GM FREELY ADMITTING THAT WINS I GOT WERE 100% GENERATED BY MADDEN BS - u seemed to have this notion that such BS plays u recieve are "standard fare" and shouldnt be given a 2nd look...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:55 pm

mblammers wrote:Nothing wrong with a fake field goal AT ALL.

Also, the ability to block or not block a field goal has nothing to do with the decision to kick or fake. They are totally different decisions.

these are not 2 different decisions THEY ARE INTRINSICALLY LINKED...

if u call a field goal block and your opponent calls a fake - u will score 99% of the time... BUT u can never block a field goal - NOT EVER- THEREFORE THERE IS NO REASON TO CALL FIELD GOAL BLOCK - than understanding this U SHOULD NEVER CALL FAKE FIELD GOAL BECAUSE YOUR OPPONENT SHOULD BE IN base defense and the chancwe of success being MINIMAL!!!!!

are u following the logioc now???

btw - my opponent claims to have blocked 3 field goals - I HAVE NEVER SEEN IT DONE - NOT ONCE - has any1 blocked a field goal (with a standard field goal block - and not some BS move like PUNT BLOCK vs a field goal) ???? iF SOME1 CAN BLOCK A FIELD GOAL AND GET IN VIDEO - love to see it,...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:03 pm

Yup I'm lucky... Better to be lucky then good, right?
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:47 pm

GREENERRRR wrote:

if u call a field goal block and your opponent calls a fake - u will score 99% of the time... BUT u can never block a field goal - NOT EVER- THEREFORE THERE IS NO REASON TO CALL FIELD GOAL BLOCK - than understanding this U SHOULD NEVER CALL FAKE FIELD GOAL BECAUSE YOUR OPPONENT SHOULD BE IN base defense and the chancwe of success being MINIMAL!!!!!

btw - my opponent claims to have blocked 3 field goals - I HAVE NEVER SEEN IT DONE - NOT ONCE - has any1 blocked a field goal (with a standard field goal block - and not some BS move like PUNT BLOCK vs a field goal) ???? iF SOME1 CAN BLOCK A FIELD GOAL AND GET IN VIDEO - love to see it,...

no...to me its not logical to call fg block when its impossible to block one, so why are you calling that play in the first place?
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:33 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:
GREENERRRR wrote:

no...to me its not logical to call fg block when its impossible to block one, so why are you calling that play in the first place?

i figured my opponent wasnt going to DO SUCH A BS MOVE AS A FAKE FIELD GOAL... sop i was lazy and justy let madden pic my play - thats my punishment for being LAZY - regardless - STILL BS BY HIM TO LOOK FOR "ANGLES" TO WIN - instead of beating mano o mano - I HAD COMPLETE FAITHE THAT HE WASNT THAT KINDA PLAYER - if i was playn a new guy or some1 i had some reason to expect CHZ - than i would have made the effort to call cover 2 - SO NO MATTER WHO U ARE - DONT BE OFFENDED WHEN I COME UP IN A COVER 2 WWHNE U KICK A FIELD GOAL - ONCE BITTEN TWICE SHY (i mean no disrespect to those legit guys that would never bull such a boner - but i have to cover my bases form this point forward...)
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:16 pm

Ummmm.... While for the most part I agree with GREENERRRR here.... I guess I am one of the lucky ones to have witnessed a FG block. I have blocked a FG & and extra point in Lobby play, and letting the system do it using FG Block as the play.

I've only blocked each once, and that is a in TONS of games, so while it may not be impossible, its absolutely one of the rarest successful plays in the game.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:05 pm

Fr8trainShane wrote:Ummmm.... While for the most part I agree with GREENERRRR here.... I guess I am one of the lucky ones to have witnessed a FG block. I have blocked a FG & and extra point in Lobby play, and letting the system do it using FG Block as the play.

I've only blocked each once, and that is a in TONS of games, so while it may not be impossible, its absolutely one of the rarest successful plays in the game.

BRO - U DIDNTG TOUCH THE CONTROLLERé you didnt jump or do any presnap adjustments with your defensive fronTééé INTERESTING (BYW QUESTION MARK IS COMING OUT LIKE é)
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:29 pm

Nope i didn't make a single defensive adjustment. Normally on FG's and Extra points I pretty much click X (Game Plan), and let the controller be....because I like most of us, know that you 99% of the time won't block one.

Both times I blocked them too it was a dominating block....it wasn't even close.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:34 am

i personally wouldnt pick fake fg or fake punt but ppl do it...i kno ppl have been doing it alot lately so i dont use fg block anymore just to eliminate that.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:07 am

just a situation where guys will have different opinions due to what they would do in that situation i never pick fake fgs but i wouldn't be mad if someone did it to me but like i said its a situation where opinions will probably be 50-50 i don't believe no one is right or wrong
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by huffinator Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:15 pm

Different topic slightly, but I think long field goals on this game are about the most un-sim thing on this game. With the right kicker, a team can kick 60+yd FGs all day, right down the middle. I think we should propose a rule that we have to be past the opponents 40yd line to kick a FG, unless its the final minute of either half. I would like to compare statistics in our lgs of 50 and 60+ yd fgs, both completed and percentage made, to the average NFL season. If I had to guess I would say that there are at least 15 - 50yd FGs made every week at a 90% success rate. There are probably 5 - 60+yd FGs made every week and I doubt there is less that 1 - 60yd FG made in an entire NFL season.

huffinator
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:24 pm

Huff, while I agree all the unrealistic fg's suck, it's hard enough to get people to kick them in this game anyway. And they're just one thing on a list of a million unsim things we have to deal with anyway...
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next