* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Some people are ridiculous

5 posters

Go down

Some people are ridiculous Empty Some people are ridiculous

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:57 am

I just find this funny: In greener's league, I just play my games to work on things. I'm not trying especially hard to win my games, it's just experimental because the games are so long it works out perfectly. Anyway, I decided to work on my running and a new defensive playbook/scheme since I had to play a game I didn't really want to play. Well this guy came out in a nickel 2-4-5 pretty much all game. Obviously, I ran for about 5 or 6 yards a pop between Fred Jackson and Pierre Thomas...two less than stellar RBs. So then he decided to bring a safety into the box, so naturally I decided to send people deep which worked. On offense, he ran a lot of money plays, things like 4wr bunch sets with outside slants, plays with 3 guys slanting in the same direction from the full house set, etc. Which I have no problem with. But a couple times it bit him in the ass, and then he starts bitching at me about it being BS. One time I read the play and jumped the route. It just so happened that two of my other players were also in perfect coverage so I shoulda gotten a user pick anyway, but one of them tipped it and then I user picked it. Led to a score. Then I run a new zone blitz I've been working on and he gets hit waiting for a route to develop and my trailer caught the pass for 6. More messages about BS. All in all I end up leading 31-14 or 31-10 midway through the 3rd and he up and quits. Fine by me since I didn't wanna play the game anyway and I message him a simple "gg". He comes back with 3 BS picks then I was down 21 and had to play stupid. Which pissed me off. If you wanna quit on me fine, but if I have the decency to say gg to you afterwards either don't respond or say gg back, after all I'm being polite. Don't try and diminish my win and act like it was all AI when 3 of the first 4 picks you threw were user intercepted, and you couldn't stop me on D. Since when does being down 21 mean you should play stupid? I thought it meant you should play smarter...
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Some people are ridiculous Empty Re: Some people are ridiculous

Post by phantomshark Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:44 am

Madden losses tend to bring out the worst in people, and I'm not sure why. Losing in other video games doesn't bring out the worst in people, but with Madden we either have to blame Madden or our opponent, sometimes both. I think there should be a mandatory 30 minute cool-off period before being allowed to send messages after a Madden game, lol.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by sam22smith Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:48 am

Yeah - I think Tecmo bowl losses were the worst for me. But i was also 13 years old at the time I was playing that awesome game. I like to think that I have grown up a little since then.......
sam22smith
sam22smith
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:44 pm

Tecmo was awesome and the injuries were more realistic dudes didn't break their collarbones every year.
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by MoWarrior79 Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:42 pm

lol @ 30min cool off time that's actually a good idea for some
MoWarrior79
MoWarrior79
Rookie
Rookie