* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

DEATHWISH FRANCHISE UPDATE

+6
jmojsoski
Rui_F
johnnylagz17
falconfansince81
GREENERRRR
Deathwish22
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

DEATHWISH FRANCHISE UPDATE - Page 2 Empty Re: DEATHWISH FRANCHISE UPDATE

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:40 pm

JDB721 wrote:I've never even played all madden so just because a select few want it this, doesn't mean we should all be affected.

how the hell do you know its just a select few? thats why i suggested we vote on it.

also, can you turn off auto-strafe so defenders stop making miss-steps giving up homerun plays?
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by JDB721 Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:48 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:
JDB721 wrote:I've never even played all madden so just because a select few want it this, doesn't mean we should all be affected.

how the hell do you know its just a select few? thats why i suggested we vote on it.

also, can you turn off auto-strafe so defenders stop making
misssteps giving up homerun plays?

Geez I don't know.. Maybe because all the leagues but one are set to All-Pro. If the vote is different than what I would imagine (and everyone actually votes or majority) then I would be in favor. How the hell could you know a majority would vote for it?
JDB721
JDB721
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mjkight Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:05 pm

Has to be ALL-Madden. And JDB all the other leagues you are in are all-madden as well.

Mjkight
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:41 pm

I had no idea that all the other leagues are all-madden. That is new from last year. We will definitely move to all madden then. If anything...it will make us all better players. Falconfan...I don't believe there is a way for me to turn auto-strafe on or off...it's pretty limited to what it will let me control....gotta head back to work...see you fellas tonight!
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:24 pm

well to save me some time - i am gonna cut and pastre some - key arguements THAT CLEARLY SHOW THE ACCEL CLOCK IS BS - maybe it will have a last minute effect on your OPINION... besides we can always change the setting if needed - (its nice to have this ability this year)...

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

DEATHWISH FRANCHISE UPDATE - Page 2 Empty ACCEL CLOCK IS BS

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Tell me i am wrong - in a similar anaysis as below - TELL ME HOW FAST YOU CAN DO THESE STEPS... only way to compare - show me where my analysis falls apart- and where i am so OFF-BASE!

I just dont believe that you could:

1.) Call Your play in 8 seconds (even though EA sports gives the defense 12 seconds and the defense has less formations/PLAYS to pick from - but for sake of arguement - i will low ball it 8 (although often it takes me way longer)...
NATURALLY - IF YOU KNOW YOUR PLAY AND WHERE IT IS - SURE YOU CAN SHAVE SOME TIME from THE 8 SECONDS... but the point is you wont know where every play is that you wanna call - and anything less than an 8 second AVG is not relaistic... SO 8 seconds is a reasonable number here - sometimes you will be faster - somtimes you will be slower - but for this anaysis - 8 seconds is fair and reasonable - paticularily when you consider all the things i mention previously....

2.) 5 SECONDS FOR THE TEAM TO LINE UP ON THE FIELD and for the QB to get under center (i hate how he moves so slowly)... there is no way to spd this up - only time the players move whith any sense of urgency b4 the snap is if u are spiking the ball (to stop the clock)

3.) 2 SECONDS FOR PRE-SNAP READ... sorry just because u dont do a pre-snap read doersnt mean u get to skip ovewr this aspect... A presnap read is a fundemental component of the game that each position doies - and if you dont have the knowledge to benefit from this - dont subtract it form the analysis for thjose of us who do use it and rely on it... (some guys have great "stick skills" because they practice relentlessly - i dont begrudge them for this... I have years of football knowledge as both a player and a coach - dont begrudge me for weanting to use these skills)

4.) 5 SECONDS TO SCROLL THROUGH PLAYERS AND MOTION WR (and this is only 1 way; this doesnt take into consideration if your READ tells you to motion him back)

5.) 3 SECONDS TO hot ROUTE A RECEIVER (and this is only 1 receiver - many of the routes i like to run our tandum routes that are best run with a partner route - so if i adjust 1 route due to my pre-snap read - often i need to adjust 2 or 3 others)

6.) 3 SECONDS TO READ (pontential PASS RUSH) AND CALL AN O-LINE BLOCKN SCHEME (and this is only 1 call - this is not accounting if you want to Hot a RB to stay into block who was previously in a pass route)

total 25 seconds!

NOTE: i dont even have an AUDIBLE in this analysis - which would require you to go through steps 3-6 again!!! In addition many times you would want to change a direction of a play - ADD ANOTHER 3 OR 4 SECONDS THERE....

***thse estimates assume you are efficient at making these adjusmnets and NAIL IT the 1st time and dont have to restart and do it again!!!! If you make a mistake -its even worse

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:36 pm

AFTER I MADE THIS POST - I TESTED OUT THE PREMISE WITH A STOP WATCH...

just turned my stop watch on my phone and tested some of these estimates - and the results make my analysis even more correct...

Part 1
- already explained in detail - no reason to go over it again...

Part 2 - amount of time for players to get into position and to snap the ball... To test this I called a play and pressed x repeatedly tryn to snap the ball as fast as humanly possible... and the quickest i could do this is 5+ seconds! (like 5.5 to 5.73)- and thats not even what were doing in a game - When all the players get into position - we are moving into a pre-snap read and wouldnt be just push X as fast we can - so ucan round that number up a MINIMUM another half second there... so in the end - that part of the analysis woiuld be LOW BALLED at 6 seconds - this is 1 second higher than what i inticipated...

Part 3 -Pre-snap Read... 2 seconds is a hugely LOW END estimate - players with lesser experience or who have to refer to an pre-snap alignment key - could take up to 4-5 seconds here (maybe higher) - BUT FOR ARGUEMENTS SAKE - I WILL KEEP IT LOW BALLED AT 2 SECONDS... give the ACCEL clock advocates the benefit of the doubt...

Part 4 - Motioniong of the players requires you to cycle through players and sometimes the outside releasors are not visible - so you have to GUESS that you have them highlighted - this is not fool prooof - BUT AGAIN I WILL GIVE THE ACCEL CLOCK ADVOCATES BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT - and ASSUME when you cycle through your players - you highlight them on your 1st try (and dont over-shoot them - forcing you to repeat the procedure form the beginning)... - than u motion player over and their SIZE and POSITION dictate how fast they move across the field -WR move the fastest (but have the farthest to go because they are on the outside), TE are slower but dont have to go as far and if you are in a POWER FORMATION and have a LINEMAN at TE - u better be prepared to wait - its gonna be a while... but for arguements sake i will keep this at 5 - BUT IT WAS DEFINITELY OVER 5 SECONDS - any analysis that says it takes less time is just bogus... - AGAIN ANOTHER LOW BALLED TIME (JUST SO I CAN'T BE VIEWED AS NOT BEING FAIR IN THIS ANAYSIS...)

Part 5 - Hot routing recievers - I probably could do this faster with the old system - but with the new system and considering that when you hot route 1 reciever - often you need to hot route another receiver in a comnplemenatry route - this makes the 3 seconds dedicated to this aspect quite reasonable - and certainly could be easily bumped upward... but again - I will give the accel clock advocates the benefit of the doubt in this anaysis and keep it at 3 seconds...

Part 6 - Read and adjust Oline Blocking - the 3 seconds is bang on here - gives you 2 seconds for the read and 1 second to make the adjustment - no problem with this estimate...

there is no doubt - if you do all the things i mention here - AND MAKE LEGITIMATE READS and not token BS reads (just for the sake of sayn u did them) - there is no way that you could do all the things mentioned here and get the play off without a delay of game penalty...

This is some of thing i consider in a read... If its a run play - (not gonna give away my secrets on pre-snap reads for pass play lol!- they are even more complex) - consider this my contribution to every1 improvement in the RUN GAME -( i am far from a best madden player around - BUT I KNOW HOW TO RUN THE BALL WITH BEST OF THEM!)

Look at the Point of attack (POA)... - does the Offensive line have the best blocking angle on the down lineman??? Would changing the direction of the play create a better blocking angle at the POA

can the closest play side LB be picked up easily? or should i adjust the blocking philosphy to account for him???

Who has primary contain? - does he have good starting position to do his job or can it be exploited?

Who has primary Fill? What is his relationship between him and the potential contain man? Would it be possible for RB to cut inside of the contain man and outside of the fill responsibility player?

Who would have cutback responsibility?

If there is a pulling guard... is a DL in position where he could fill the vacant hole and blow the play up easily???

Would the TE have a more effective blocking angle in his standard position or moved to a spit end or a flanker?

Can i motion a outside releasor to add an additional blocker or take away a potential tackler???

Can i motion any player to disquise the play I am running or to help set up future plays that require me to motion a player WITHOUT MAKING THE PLAY LESS EFFECTIVE????

Are any of my adjustments tipping off the play i am running? If so what can i do to disquise them on this play or in future plays to keep from showing my hand b4 the snap?

Would i benefit from a "quick snap" to minimize the opportunity for my defensive counterpart to make whole defensive adjustments?

These are partial list of things i am looking at in my reads (not gonna go through my entire mental checklist) - and if you can do them in 2 - 3 seconds we have allocated for them - GOD BLESS YOU - u r something special!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:59 pm

if u are concerned about length of games - u shouldnt take it out on players that make pre-snap reads and subsequent adjustments a BIG PART OF THEIR GAME...

Would you ever handicap other players by:

Telling players that cant pass to Triangle or L1 recievers...

Insisting that a player uses their 2nd string RB...

Forcing a player to pnly play out of 1 formation...

Force a QB to throw on 2 "steam boats"...

- of course you wouldnt handicap any1 in this way -I AM NOT SURE WHY ACCEL CLOCK ADVOCATES THINK THAT ITS OK TO HANDICAP ME IN SUCH A FASHION....

If your main concern is length of game - than maybe 6 minute quarter no accel clock - idk...

I recognize every1 is busy!!! but i find it hard to believe that 20 minutes extra in your life every 2-3 days is impossible to give up -U R GIVEN THE TIME TO A QUALITY FRANCHISE - AND TO CLEARLY A DEDICATED GROUP!!!! We only play 1 game every 48-72 hours!!!! i emplore you to sacrifice 1 coffee break, i session on facebook, 1 beer at the bar, half of BS game in the lousy game room (where the guy will chz u anyway) EVERY 2-3 DAYS so we can play without these BS restrictions that are ANTI SIM THAT that the accelerated clock perpetuates! - there is no way any1 can convince me that they are too busy to make this sacrifice! (i dont care if you are president of the USA!) LOL! Besides this team WILL BE YOUR BABY! You are going to spend 3 hours drafting (and who knows how many hours pre-planning for the draft), you will give countless amounts of times "wheeling and dealing" - tryn to make your TEAM the best it can be and you will NURTURE and GROW this team through furyture rookie drafts - train/develop these players that u esembled nto a TEAM...

I ASK YOU WON LAST TIME - IS 20 MINUTES EXTRA (every 2-3 days) REALLY THAT BIG OF A DEAL WHEN YOU CONSIDER ALL OF THIS?

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:08 pm

dude...everything will b fine...
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:21 pm

jmojsoski wrote:dude...everything will b fine...

thats what u say - bigmullets franchise - 1ST 3 GAMES ACCEL CLOCK IS OFF - I AM 3 WINS - ZERO LOSSES; the next 3 GAMES WHEN HE TURNED THE ACCEL CLOCK ON - I AM 3 LOSSES - ZERO WINS...

its has a huge impact on my game... i am not a skilled gamer with the joystick... my personal strength is my experience / football IQ - accel clock on limits this TREMENDOUSLY!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:33 pm

well, have a vote on it..and check the responses..
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:48 pm

well we got 32 people in the league, and everyone interprets football in their own way. greener, your vast football knowledge is a large part to your game. you apply realistic blocking schemes and make many mental calculations pre-snap which is just how you do it. for a lot of guys, which are probably most guys, like myself who don't read into a particular running block to check cutback lanes and ratings to a pulling guard if you flip the run side. if you notice, i put certain possessive words in italics because in no way am i saying i am right about any of this, its simply my reasoning for the logical advantage of having playclock accel.

that being said, i rule out a good 5-8 seconds pre-snap time. i'm constantly thinking 2-3 plays ahead and planning scenarios out before my initial play has even started so i take maybe 2-6 seconds to pick a play. if you hold x when approaching the line you can do it quicker, but i could be wrong if in fact thats what you were doing (you said you were tapping x).

anyways, moving on to pre snap adjustments. again, this is just how I do it and by NO MEANS am i saying your way is wrong. instantly recognize and can most likely assume after a drive or two what kind of defense your opponent runs. if i read man i may audible or hot route, if i read zone i may audible to run, if i read blitz i might just audible to a screen. but i spend enough time in practice mode to know what read to look for on every single one of my passing plays. occasionally i may make an oline shift if i see overload coming but half the time it confuses the ai and they actually do a worse job blocking. thats all i need to do for presnap, 3 -4 seconds. 8-11 MAX with motion.

now i do it this way because i prefer to read and react, as nothing in football is ever certain. some guys are so good as disguising defenses you're merely guessing at that point anyways. and since i am very familiar with my playbooks i know what i need to do upon each read. post snap, my first look is for the blitz, if its not there or containable i look off the safeties and read cover 1/2/3/4. zone/man know your site adjustments, make the 1 and 2 reads and hope you read it correctly...which i normally do. its a matter of bump and run and line blocking after that.

so after the 15 seconds, that gives me 25. this is my breakdown for how I approach the line.
• 2-6 seconds to pick a play, but i'll go with 5 here. sometimes i like to keep using one formation and mix up different runs/pa's.
• 3-4 second presnap (i don't like giving too much to for defensive adjustments), i'll highball it it to 4.
• motioning and hot routing - an additional 5 seconds as i hot route while the man is in motion, but like i said. this is optional and not always needed.
• ill even add 2 seconds to snap the ball after players set

11 seconds needed for me to be ready, that leaves 14 free seconds i never use. and most games i notice i snap the ball with around 15-12 seconds still on the clock.
+5 seconds for motioning and hot routes. still leaves me 9 seconds to play with.

i also prefer the way fatigue works with accelerated clock. i haven't seen as many injuries with this setting and players are less tired since there is a 15 second break for them each play. if there is no accel clock i'm still calling plays at normal speed and end up with 25-32 seconds on the playclock, on average. players stay fatigued longer and it just seems like a waste, to me.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:53 pm

Two things: 1. I agree with Greener about the Accel clock. I like to run the ball too, and it definitely helps with moving the clock, but I like to make my reads as well, which I can't do because I don't have nearly enough time. Is this something we can vote on?

2. In Jlagz vote of all-madden vs all-pro I accidentally voted all-pro, but I'd rather all-madden
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:01 pm

GREENERRRR wrote:
jmojsoski wrote:dude...everything will b fine...

thats what u say - bigmullets franchise - 1ST 3 GAMES ACCEL CLOCK IS OFF - I AM 3 WINS - ZERO LOSSES; the next 3 GAMES WHEN HE TURNED THE ACCEL CLOCK ON - I AM 3 LOSSES - ZERO WINS...

its has a huge impact on my game... i am not a skilled gamer with the joystick... my personal strength is my experience / football IQ - accel clock on limits this TREMENDOUSLY!

ugh, c'mon. line blocking in madden is totally static, trust me. put in your kicker or backup qb. they block just as good, so theres a good way to shave some time of your pre-snap reads lol. remember our one game when you flipped out on me and started running one wildcat play for over 2 quarters after i stopped your running game and cause two hit stick fumbles? i have to sit through and hour and a half of watchin you run one wildcat play over and over and over and over and over and over...

it all boils down to this, your not getting your way and taking it out on everyone else. if you want to make excuses why you lost and blame acc clock, fine. but i think it would be most fair to have a vote, we obviously aren't going to agree on this one.

oh, and sorry man but if your looking for realistic line blocking and coverage techniques, you won't find it in madden. i'd suggest labbing a lot of run plays vs every defense out there, played by the jets. scratch of the runs that fail and roll with the ones that actually has potential in line blocking doing what their supposed to do. half the time the programmers didn't type in the code correctly and plays are simply broken, gotta find those and ditch em! trust me, its saves an immense amount of time. hell i'll even play an unranked game anytime you wanna try some, just pm me.

not trying to argue with you, but there are 31 other guys who have an opinion too Smile and no ones right or wrong, we just have different views.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by JDB721 Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:26 pm

Calling out the leader of the group and making fun his play style = Never smart

JDB721
JDB721
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:30 pm

well - U JUST PICKED UP THE GAME LAST WEEK - did u not read any of the previews - REGARDING THE how the offensiveline has been totally retooled... (my experience thus far is - IT COULD BE BETTER) - but is significantly better than last year - (accept for the play action blocking - which is know to EA and they are fixing)...

and seeing you are bringing up last year -MAYBE U SHOULD EXPLAIN CIRCUMSTANCES... i was pissed when we played BECAUSE OF ALL THE REDICULOUS FUMBLES - (nothn will get me more upset than fumbles - totally decided by the CPU AI -)- and what made it worse was that i was running with TANK LOCKWOOD (rookie form last year pool) - he was 255 pounds and had a 99 carry rating - AND THE BS HIT STICK BY YOUR LESS THAN 200 POUND DEFENSIVE BACK CAUSING MULTIPLE FUMBLES - PUTTING THE GAME OUTY OF REACH... seeing the gaME WAS OUT OF REACH - and not wanting to quit - I DECIDED TO LAB MY WILDCAT OFFENSE - (which i told u i was doing - there was no need to throw the ball and make the game longer than it needed to be or give away other running play tendencies that you could use against me in the future) - so when bring soemthing up like that - TRYN TO MAKE ME LOOK BAD - tell the whole storey or you end up lookn like a desperate person who is just make SELF SERVING POSTS!

and i resent the accusations you are making - THE ONLY REASON THIS 150 PERSON GROUP EXISTS IS BECAUSE OF MY HARD WORK... If (u wouldnt even be able to guess the amount of time i put into this - and believe me i could do a lot of different things with my time - BUT I CHOOSE TO PUTA SIGNIFCANT AMOUNT TOWARDS THE MADDEN GROUP... If i wanted TO GET MY OPWN WAY - i could have kept everything like it was last year... I MADE THE RULES - AND THAT WAS THAT... instead i developed a Governing Council where we had a pre-season meeting and voted on our UNIVERSAL SIM RULES... we will be having a follow up rule meeting shortly - where any1 can make a rule suggestion - we than debate the merrits of the proposed rule and Council members vote to accept or reject the proposal - SO FOR YOU TO SAY "your not getting your way and taking it out on everyone else" WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP - you get here for a week and make ignorant presumptions that are so far from the truth... Ask any1 on the Council - PLENTY OF MY RULE PROPOSAL WERE SHOT DOWN!!!! - u make me sound like i am some kind of DICTATOR - this is not the case - and its completely insulting to have you say that considering the lengths i have gone to make things MORE DEMOCRATIC!

What i ALWAYS do is ADVOCATE for SIM play-- and maybe u think that having a kicker at RT is ok - BUT I DON'T and i am hopping that EA SPORTS has recognized this with their investment in offensive line blocking development this past year... and having a franchise with a bogus accel clock is NOT SIM for all the legitemate reasons i listed in my post...

I do agree with you that every1 has an opinion - and lets hear from them all- I WOULD SURPRISED AND TERRIBLY DISAPPOINTED IF THE MAJORITY OF PLAYERS IN THIS FRANCHISE COULD NOT COME UP WITH A LOUSY 20 MINUTES (every 2-3 days) TO DEDICATE TO THIS WONDERFUL FRANCHISE!

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:37 pm

FALCONFAN - your breakdown of the time to call a play may work for YOU - BUT NOT FOR ME... sorry mny calacualtion are 100% legit -

maybe u can find your play in 2 SECONDS - buut on avg i cannot! - THE 8 SECONDS I ACCOUNTED FOR THIS WAS MORE THAN REASONABLE AND FAIR...

u know what-0 i was gonna rebuttal all your points - BUT THEY JUST ARE NOT TRUE - read my analysis - I HAD A STOP WATCH OUT -i only devoted 2-3 seconds for ACTUAL READS! the rest was all elgit part of the game tactics THAT EVERY1 WOULD BE SUBJECT TO...

cant believe your total ignorance on this - THIS IS NOT AN OPINION - ITS FACT - take out a stop watch and time it like i describe... and u will see - and i will accept your appology thereafter...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:41 pm

falconfan - THIS IS JUST ANOTHER ILLUSTRATION OF HOW YOU ARE JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS BEFORE YOU KNOW WHAT IS WHAT...

THE BASIC OF EA POST IS AS FOLLOWS:

As we started planning out the changes to make to run blocking In Madden NFL 11, we just focused on creating the true run blocking schemes exactly as they are drawn up in real life. No reason to try and make a video-gamey version of it - it needed to be the real thing. It definitely took a lot of tuning to get the matchups right versus the many defensive fronts in football, but we have done it. The very first thing we had to do was really lay down the law. What I mean by this is that blockers had to be given realistic rules for who they are going to target depending on what type of run it is. We had to devise rules for each run blocker individually, starting from the play-side Tight End to the back-side Tight End, and all the Linemen in between. These rules also had to work in the situations where there was no Tight End, had to affect blockers in the backfield, and had to work whether you had a fullback to lead block or if you were running out of a Singleback formation. These realistic blocking matchup rules have stood the test of time in football at every level of play, from Pee Wee to professional. So we set out to implement these timeless rules into our football game. Daniel White (who from here forward I will refer to as the greatest software engineer of all time) was able to take the rules that I laid out and actually code them into the game. The result? Better overall run blocking, bigger holes for ball carriers to run through, and more realistic running lanes created by smarter offensive players. Let's look at specific improvement made to the different runs in our game.

check the link below - IT HAS THE ENTIRE ARTICLE - it will show you the huge investment EA SPORTS put into the running game.,..

https://maddengroup.forumotion.com/general-discussion-f8/run-blocking-improved-for-madden-11-t3.htm

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:33 pm

LOL! Gotta love the trash talk before the season even starts. Truthfully bros...i personally love the accel clock. I like to not have to waste time. I feel whenever the accel clock is off I'm sitting there staring at the screen for an extra 8-10 seconds purposely running down the clock. This completely eliminates that...and Greener...besides you...only 2 other people complained about the accel clock being on last season. As of right now...I'm keeping it on. I've already added an extra minute onto the game time which I really didn't want to add in the first place. The game is setup to play in 7 minutes with accel clock on...it's obvious...that is what the timing of everything in this game is programmed to. You start adding time to the quarters and taking away the accel clock...it slows the game down way too much. Now I'm not gonna argue that this might affect your play having the accel clock on...but bro....90% of this league (basing the percentage on last years franchise) has never once complained about it. I'm keeping it on for now. As I've already mentioned...they've changed the way the accel clock works this season...it will never bring the play clock down below 20 seconds...so truthfully...I have no idea what you're complaining about...because 20 seconds sitting at the line is a long ass time bro.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:12 pm

respectfully deathwish - i have explained to you how i sue the time... its simple arithmatic - nothn subjective about it... i gues will put it to a vote...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:22 pm

JDB721 wrote:Calling out the leader of the group and making fun his play style = Never smart

wow you guys are ridiculous, what are you his fucking boyfriend or something? jesus...

FACTS:

1. i made it clear that it was my opinion on time management, and how I call plays.

2. i don't need a stopwatch because for the last 20 years i've played the game i always end up with 12-15 seconds on the gameclock, its not rocket science.

3. opinions don't stack up, granted its your foundation and your league so do what you want to do. history shows tyranny doesn't prevail, whereas democracy is the most logical option to functioning community. and i DO respect your ideas and thoughts AND all the work you put it. you act like i didn't do a goddamn thing last year, when i spent a good hour a day going through those leagues and setting up players to get their games in. managing the leagues the best i could until AT&T decided that i didn't need residential line service since i can't afford it. just bought a house...had to make some cuts...back on track, you know i'll be there if you need 20 minutes a day from someone.

4. i voice my opinion whether it goes against the grain or not, and i'm not 'calling you out', or whatever loverboy up there chimed in and said. you and i both remember that BS game. we were both butting heads over the hitstick, over the injury and over the hour i had to kill watching that same stupid wildcat play lol. you know what though, its in the past and i really rather give you shit about (wasn't trying to disrespect you) it although it may have came off as pretentious.

5. making rules to tailor you style is constantly misinterpreted. i say this because although you DO make valid points and great suggestions, there are (like you said) 100's of other guys you've worked hard to recruit who might like a say. granted most people don't care, but i am one that does as i am all for creating the most sim style experience around. if i disagree with you i WANT you to know. i know your not a tyrant, and your nice enought to let us express out frustrations, ideas and opinions without flying off the handle (not TOO far anyways, woossaaa).

so in closing, i'm not retracting anything i've said. it was merely my opinions and, if you took any of the negatively or personally i apologize as it wasn't my intention to 'call you out'. but i'm also not going to sit here and kiss your ass and passively agree with everything just because you run the league ya know? sometimes great innovation stems from debates and discussions of different opinions.

i'm not even going to get into line blocking, or the offensive line in general cause i know we're just going to argue about it. just cause i got the game recently doesn't mean i haven't been reading up on it all summer! i used to look forward to madden more than my birthday (8-11) haha, and with all the buzz about casual gamer marketing flying around i kept a close eye on it.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:56 am

see the tonne of your message is the ISSUE!!! NOT THE CONTENT (or the fact that it is different than mine)... I find it OFFENSIVE that you use remarks like "loverboy" for some1 who i clearly HAVE EARNED THEIR RESPECT (through the enormous amounts of WORK i put into the MADDEN GROUP - which honestly i sometimes DEBATE in my head if i just spent the same amount of time - "earning money" as i do running the Madden Group - and just paid some1 to run it - I WOULD BE AHEAD AND SO WOULD THE MADDEN GROUP! butc'est la vie! I do it because i enjoy doing it!) - Gaining people LOYALTY in this way is not GIVEN EASILY... and i thank that person for coming to my defense - obviously a sense of loyalty is part of him - AND I RESPECT THAT - and i will not allow you to make light of such IMPORTANT RELATIONSHIPS THAT I HAVE WORKED HARD TO CULTIVATE! Your comments are IGNORANT and OFFENSIVE and have no place in this "civilized" debate...

I GO OUT OF MY WAY TO HELP PEOPLE... - I ALWAYS TRY TO BE 100% FAIR (paticularily whne a situation envolves me directly - hell 2 times this season - I WAS WITHIN MY RUGHTS TO HAVE A CPU GAME AND AN EZ WIN - BUT I JUST ALLOWED THE GAME TO BE SIMULATED BECAUSE I DIDNT WANT SOME1 TO MISINTURPRET MY ACTIONS! - OF COURSE BOTH ENDED IN LOSSES FOR ME!)...

iN THE END - REGARDING THIS ACCEL CLOCK - WHY DO YOU FIND IT SO NECESSARY TO TAKE AWAY A PARTY OF MY GAME THAT I DEAM SO CRITICAL??? - even you said its only 20 minutes every 2 or 3 days... SO WHY ALL THE CONTROVERSY??? - WHY ALL THE PUSH BACK ON ME? Its not gonna effect you much - although from time to time you may have to RUN EXTRA plays to get through a 1 sided game... BUT YOU ALREADY ADMIT TO LABBING FOR HOURS (in previous posts)- why not take the opportunity presented to yourself (IN THE OCCASIONAL BLOW-OUT) - TO DO SOME LABBBING VS A LIVE OPPONENT AND WITH THE TEAM U DRAFTED (as oppose to your best approximation based on current standard rosters) - IS IT REALLY SUCH A BIG INCONVENEINCE THAT YOU FEEL YOU NEED TO HANDICAP MY GAME (and those of people who play in a similar fashion)???

In closing i am totally interested to see what kind of offensive line you drafted... PERSONALLYT I WILL PUT MY OFFENSIVE LINE UP AGAINST ANY1 IN ANY OF MY FRNCHISES - (and i am always in the top 3 rushing - and NEVER have a 90+ back to do it with - my back in deathwish franchises are 81 and 78 overall)... In addition i am totally interested to see the impact of the HIT-STICK on your game - but really this has nothn to do with THIS DISCUSSION - as far as the TOPIC AT HAND - i just ask people to VOTE and do WHAT IS RIGHT! I would NEVER have a rule that HANDI-CAPPED your skills - i ask you for the same courtesy...

note: ONLY MEMBERS OF DEATHWISH22 FRANCHISE ARE ENTITLED TO VOTE ON THIS FRANCHISE SPECIFIC ISSUE!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by JDB721 Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:04 am

Yeah Falcons, we're all gay because we disagree with you. LMAO Seriously not worth the time actually replying. I'd much rather point and laugh at you Smile
JDB721
JDB721
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

DEATHWISH FRANCHISE UPDATE - Page 2 Empty My 2 cents

Post by mblammers Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:08 am

Regarding the accelerated clock, I hate it. my vote is for no accelerated clock.
Regarding the rest of this BS, I think everyone (including greenerr) should chill out a bit. It's easy for things to escalate over chat or email. This wouldn't have blown up so much if people were speaking face-to-face.

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:20 pm

JDB721 wrote:Yeah Falcons, we're all gay because we disagree with you. LMAO Seriously not worth the time actually replying. I'd much rather point and laugh at you Smile

hey good passes last night bitch, hope you throw like that all season Wink
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next