* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

The Future of the MG?

+18
DEN_24
Ace1129
phantomshark
BiLlDoZeR_27
Mcnair2wycheck
Delmas26
mblammers
falconfansince81
bjcole26
ezweightloss
surfnturf90
Fr8trainShane
GREENERRRR
youngwattz
T-MAN-13-RHP
Deathwish22
saastar
Cheddah_Cheez
22 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Future of the MG? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Future of the MG?

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:51 pm

In addition - i think its time for the commishes to all get together and evaluate their membership - so we dont have to estimate how many LEGIT and ACTIVE players we have within the MG - perhaps even come up with a solid definition that makes some1 a LEGIT and ACTIVE member TAHT IS QUANTIFIABLE so we take the arbitrary nature out of this because we all have opinions... but if its black and white - it is what is and thats it... (of course having said that - thee is always exceptions to every rule)
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:53 pm

GREENERRRR wrote:In addition - i think its time for the commishes to all get together and evaluate their membership - so we dont have to estimate how many LEGIT and ACTIVE players we have within the MG - perhaps even come up with a solid definition that makes some1 a LEGIT and ACTIVE member TAHT IS QUANTIFIABLE so we take the arbitrary nature out of this because we all have opinions... but if its black and white - it is what is and thats it... (of course having said that - thee is always exceptions to every rule)

actually stealing from the Madden School - I am going to create a COMMISIONER ONLY section - that can only be viewed by ADMINS and the commisioners of all our LGs have this status on the site - this way we canty talk among ourselves - about frank LG business without woring about hurtn anyones feelings...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Shlarman Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:20 pm

my feelings are hurt just at the idea of you having a private section all to your selves...o wait there is surfs computer. I retract my previous statement

Shlarman
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:27 pm

wtf is a pegion hole...

im assuming you mean pigeon, but they don't burrow or nest in holes so i'm totally lost on that one. if your saying we shouldn't limit out potential then i agree, but i'd rather play it safe and not spread ourselves too thin which as we all know can lead to the fall/disinterest in having too many leagues.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:41 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:wtf is a pegion hole...

im assuming you mean pigeon, but they don't burrow or nest in holes so i'm totally lost on that one. if your saying we shouldn't limit out potential then i agree, but i'd rather play it safe and not spread ourselves too thin which as we all know can lead to the fall/disinterest in having too many leagues.

Yeah that's what I was trying to communicate. If we're going to do a criteria for having a creating a new major league...I think the #1 item on it should be a legit commissioner. If the commissioner isn't good, then the league can't be good. If the league isn't good, it fails. Leagues failing make the MG look bad. If the MG looks bad, we can't grow. Transitive property...simplest way I can put it
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:58 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:

...If the commissioner isn't good, then the league can't be good. If the league isn't good, it fails. Leagues failing make the MG look bad. If the MG looks bad, we can't grow. Transitive property...simplest way I can put it

not sure if that is an example of transitive property. seems to be more of a series of causal relationships. Are they the same thing?

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

The Future of the MG? - Page 3 Empty My Thoughts.

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:20 pm

1) Minor League system that has a player draft, and runs 2 seasons (3 seasons max).
2) Major League system for established Vets (should run 10 seasons)
3) 1 Elite League ...for the top playoff teams in the Major league (this is an invite only, and it goes off previous Madden results). This league would be what everyone strives to be in.

4) The 70% advancement rule is crap, and should be rewritten to a 48 hour rule, no extensions. Also, no early advances unless you have 100% participation. Nothing would piss me off more than have my league advanced when I have a game scheduled within my allotted time.

Minor Leagues should advance on set days....Say mornings of : Tues, Thur, Sun.
- This allows for new players to get used to the 48 hour advance.
- It allows for players to KNOW which day they have to get their games in by, instead of trying to remember when the last advance was.
- It gives the opportunity for 2 of the 3 weekly advances to be played on a Weekend.

5) You absolutely have got to CAP the number of franchises.....Don't water down the product, thats the first way to make it fail. Its called Branding, and you make it more desirable by NOT having too many of it. If people want in, but can't get in because all of the leagues are full...thats a good thing. Hell, I've only seen 8 franchises since I've been here. 2 have failed, and the other 6 have constant roster churn (DW & Chz being on the low end). That tells me that 8 franchises is too much. If you have 64 teams, that does not mean you should have 2 leagues. You need to have 48 people, to fill a 32 team league. This prepares for people that WILL fall out. If people have to wait to get in....so be it. It just gives us more value, and doesn't make us another Online Madden Group.... fuck that. If you want to increase your value, you limit your membership.

6) Eliminate Mulletman's league. I haven't played in it. But everyone I've see post about it, or talked about it in any sort of way says its Crap, he runs it like shit, and its a stain on the MG.... If you want to be considered Elite, have only the best represent you. I ask you, how excited would Cheddah, FF, Kight, Jmo, CP, DW, and others be if you told them they had to play in Mullet's league next season? Exactly.

7) XFN - If its free....REQUIRED for all leagues, Major and Minor. Make people accustomed to using it, posting on it. DW & Cheddah use it, and look at their participation and posts.... XFN without question adds value, and should be required.

Cool 3 Strike, 2 Out System in place.
1) First violation - Warning
2) 2nd Violation - 3 Game Suspension (opponents get CPU Games)
3rd strike (considered 1 out), removed from all major leagues, forced into Minor Leagues until there is another opening in the Majors.

If you get 2 outs (which effectively means 6 strikes), you are out of the MG.

9) (someone suggested this in the Blast Chat) Eliminate CPU games. If you can't play your game, a SUB from the Minor League gets to fill in for you for one game. This gives the SUB a chance to feel the competitiveness in the Major League, and it eliminates the BS restarting of CPU/Super Sim'd games (they should not be guaranteed wins or injury free).

I'm sure I'll have more to come as I think....

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:51 pm

i'll just co-sign with shane, we may disagree on the quality of the product but i certainly agree with his ideas on playing it.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:52 pm

Fr8trainShane wrote:1) Minor League system that has a player draft, and runs 2 seasons (3 seasons max).
2) Major League system for established Vets (should run 10 seasons)
3) 1 Elite League ...for the top playoff teams in the Major league (this is an invite only, and it goes off previous Madden results). This league would be what everyone strives to be in.

4) The 70% advancement rule is crap, and should be rewritten to a 48 hour rule, no extensions. Also, no early advances unless you have 100% participation. Nothing would piss me off more than have my league advanced when I have a game scheduled within my allotted time.

Minor Leagues should advance on set days....Say mornings of : Tues, Thur, Sun.
- This allows for new players to get used to the 48 hour advance.
- It allows for players to KNOW which day they have to get their games in by, instead of trying to remember when the last advance was.
- It gives the opportunity for 2 of the 3 weekly advances to be played on a Weekend.

5) You absolutely have got to CAP the number of franchises.....Don't water down the product, thats the first way to make it fail. Its called Branding, and you make it more desirable by NOT having too many of it. If people want in, but can't get in because all of the leagues are full...thats a good thing. Hell, I've only seen 8 franchises since I've been here. 2 have failed, and the other 6 have constant roster churn (DW & Chz being on the low end). That tells me that 8 franchises is too much. If you have 64 teams, that does not mean you should have 2 leagues. You need to have 48 people, to fill a 32 team league. This prepares for people that WILL fall out. If people have to wait to get in....so be it. It just gives us more value, and doesn't make us another Online Madden Group.... fuck that. If you want to increase your value, you limit your membership.

6) Eliminate Mulletman's league. I haven't played in it. But everyone I've see post about it, or talked about it in any sort of way says its Crap, he runs it like shit, and its a stain on the MG.... If you want to be considered Elite, have only the best represent you. I ask you, how excited would Cheddah, FF, Kight, Jmo, CP, DW, and others be if you told them they had to play in Mullet's league next season? Exactly.

7) XFN - If its free....REQUIRED for all leagues, Major and Minor. Make people accustomed to using it, posting on it. DW & Cheddah use it, and look at their participation and posts.... XFN without question adds value, and should be required.

Cool 3 Strike, 2 Out System in place.
1) First violation - Warning
2) 2nd Violation - 3 Game Suspension (opponents get CPU Games)
3rd strike (considered 1 out), removed from all major leagues, forced into Minor Leagues until there is another opening in the Majors.

If you get 2 outs (which effectively means 6 strikes), you are out of the MG.

9) (someone suggested this in the Blast Chat) Eliminate CPU games. If you can't play your game, a SUB from the Minor League gets to fill in for you for one game. This gives the SUB a chance to feel the competitiveness in the Major League, and it eliminates the BS restarting of CPU/Super Sim'd games (they should not be guaranteed wins or injury free).

I'm sure I'll have more to come as I think....

i like 1-3 they sound great... 4.. talking about the 70% rule is fine.. bc if something comes up or ur busy with work or family matters on one of the advances then u should be given another day if the lg is still waiting on like 6 gms to be played.. so i think the 70% rule is fine...

then ur idea of setting curtain days for advances is an ok idea.. but if people have to work that night before the day it advances every week he will have 1 simmed gm bc of it being set days.. or new people will just not join bc they dont like the days that it advances.. i would rather it stay 48 hrs and if we need an 3rd day so be it...

5. i agree with as well that dont need to make to many franchises or it will bring down the value of the mg bc people will get disinterested and lg will fail..

6. i dont know if i would eliminate mulletmen.. yes i did play in it for 1 season and thought his suspension thing was alittle bs.. but besides that it was an pretty fun experience.. and bigmullet actually does alot of recruiting often for his lg on ea.com.. i mean he promotes the mg some as well on ea.com but i mean he is always making some posts on there trying to get people to join his lg or just to come and check out our site.. so i just think he needs to do alittle more thinking about what he does rule wise and stuff...

7. im not really all about having another site that ur required to go on there to make posts and everything else.. i mean using it as power ratings and stuff like that is all cool.. just like leaguemanger.net is an great site to use.. but i dont know about it being required.. just bc i think that sites takes away from this one.. bc if u make it required to do that site.. then ur more or less eliminating this site besides the general section... which if u was going to do that u mite as well move the whole lg to that site.... and not have an section on this one.. just my opinion.. i mean i would still have it and stuff to see ur power ratings, schedule and all that other stuff i just dont know if i would make it an requirement..

8.. i like that 100 %...

9. im sorta iffy on it.. i mean yes free wins are gay but it happens... but if one person cant play there gm by like 32 or whenever then the nite before the advancement the commish would have to have the responsibility of finding someone from the minor lg system who has been legit so far.. so not to bring in an cheeser to play someone in the major lg.. then u got to make sure that minor lg player can play that nite bc if he cant the commish has to keep looking to find an player to play the gm by that nite.. i think it would just be to much on the commish.. bc say u got like 4 people that nite that needs sub replacements.. commish has to find 4 minor lg players and ask around if they are legit... i just think if ur going to do an sub thing.. then have someone already in the major lg sub in for that other owner that nite... and just go back to his original tm afterwards..

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:12 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:wtf is a pegion hole...

my speeling is poor - i freely admit - the phrase means to "not limit your options - give you no way out - or na alternatives"
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:20 pm

saastar wrote:

then ur idea of setting curtain days for advances is an ok idea.. but if people have to work that night before the day it advances every week he will have 1 simmed gm bc of it being set days.. or new people will just not join bc they dont like the days that it advances.. i would rather it stay 48 hrs and if we need an 3rd day so be it...

What you are missing is that those 3 dates, give you a minimum of 48 hours to advance, and 2 games could be played on Sunday. The 48 hour rule is why Chz and DW's leagues move swiftly, and as smoothly as they do.

saaastar wrote:

6. i dont know if i would eliminate mulletmen.. yes i did play in it for 1 season and thought his suspension thing was alittle bs.. but besides that it was an pretty fun experience.. and bigmullet actually does alot of recruiting often for his lg on ea.com.. i mean he promotes the mg some as well on ea.com but i mean he is always making some posts on there trying to get people to join his lg or just to come and check out our site.. so i just think he needs to do alittle more thinking about what he does rule wise and stuff...

I've been a member of the MG since roughly December, and his league has always been listed as needing new members. This tells me that his churn rate is high. Which means something is wrong with the league... when everything else is equal, the commissioner is to blame.

saastar wrote:7. im not really all about having another site that ur required to go on there to make posts and everything else.. i mean using it as power ratings and stuff like that is all cool.. just like leaguemanger.net is an great site to use.. but i dont know about it being required.. just bc i think that sites takes away from this one.. bc if u make it required to do that site.. then ur more or less eliminating this site besides the general section... which if u was going to do that u mite as well move the whole lg to that site.... and not have an section on this one.. just my opinion.. i mean i would still have it and stuff to see ur power ratings, schedule and all that other stuff i just dont know if i would make it an requirement..
I'd just refer to the # of posts in their respective portions of the MG website....they have more posts than all of the other leagues...combined. So its definitely not affecting anything on the MG main site. I'll add that I think (Cheddah, Surf, & DW can chime in) that the XFN site makes it easier for Stats, Awards and such...

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:26 pm

Fr8trainShane wrote:1

Bigmullet no doubt has his quirks - but there is not a single commish (besides myself) that recruits so activley than him...

I know DW had problems with him - and he had a small hip cup with his LG - and that definitely needs to be reviewed - but if he makes the committemt we require of a commish and embraces the messages boards - his LG could be a real asset to us... Perhaps what he needs is a partner to help manage the "message board side of things"...

i can say this unequivically right now his recruitment skills are a big asset to the MG - if you look at his league - i bet 50% of the guys have been introduced to the MG through him... and he is a huge advocate of SIM play (but does go over board a bit - whcih we can help coach him with) - hell i have seen him susppend "key players" within a roster (like your startn RB or WR for guys who run the score up (and have been warned not to do so) - where some of us may stumble as commish with laying down punishment - he doesnt hesistate and i think all the commishes can take something from that....

But let me re-iterate - i enjoy playing in his LG - the competition is solid - I get the opportunity to meet new players (as oppose top the ussuals we see inevery LG),,, but regardless - like everything - improvement could be made...

and btw - NOBODY HAS TO PLAY IN ANY1'S LG - if you dont want to play in some1 LG - thats up to you - particpatiuon in LGs is never mandatory... not sure hoiw we could mandate that - unless it was a "MG service" requirement type thing like we need players in minor LGs to help evaluate new joiners and its your time to take a turn (but i am sure eery1 would see that as something totally different)....

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:37 pm

[quote="Fr8trainShane"]
saastar wrote:

saastar wrote:7. im not really all about having another site that ur required to go on there to make posts and everything else.. i mean using it as power ratings and stuff like that is all cool.. just like leaguemanger.net is an great site to use.. but i dont know about it being required.. just bc i think that sites takes away from this one.. bc if u make it required to do that site.. then ur more or less eliminating this site besides the general section... which if u was going to do that u mite as well move the whole lg to that site.... and not have an section on this one.. just my opinion.. i mean i would still have it and stuff to see ur power ratings, schedule and all that other stuff i just dont know if i would make it an requirement..
I'd just refer to the # of posts in their respective portions of the MG website....they have more posts than all of the other leagues...combined. So its definitely not affecting anything on the MG main site. I'll add that I think (Cheddah, Surf, & DW can chime in) that the XFN site makes it easier for Stats, Awards and such...

the xfn site is a great addition to what we are doing at the MG - my only fear is that we dont control it - and at anytime we can slapped with fees (either for the entire LG - which if it was reasonable amount - i would pay the cash or worse Individual fees for each member) - they already are soliciting "donations" - its clear the XFN site is made for a profit motive - and besides ultimatelky the owner of the site can do what ever he wants - he owns it -

the MG is truely is a COMMUNITY site - nobody is in it to make a buck and if (god forbid) something happened to one of the key contrributors of the MG - the site could keep running... Not to mention not 1 person can make unilateral decisions...

but fr8train is right - that we should embrace the use of the XFN site - as long as fees are not an issue - The stats they provide are a great added touch that would benefit every LG.... even if you just post on this site and go to XFN for stat stuff - besides - not that muc effort to copy and paste the game summary BLOGs...

GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:49 pm

Blammers I think transitive property is if A = B and B = C, then A must = C. I could be wrong...I think that's a math principle and I suck at math.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:50 pm

Fr8trainShane wrote:1

perhaps this rule should be looked at - i dont think we can have all LGs advance at a 48 pace - if you were in 5 LGs - that would reeguire you to avg more than 2 games a nite... perhaps we have 48 hour advance LGs and 72 hour advance LGs - or set days - lots of differnet ways of handling it - or maybe the 70% threshold is increased -

i know it would suck if u have the only game left to be played after 48 hours (and are scheduled to play it the following day) - but the LG advances because its 48 hours and the LG is past the particpation rate threshold - but than again is 2 people who had 48 hours to get their game in prior worth holding up the other 30 to play their next week games?? these are the kind of things we need answer to...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:03 pm

Fr8trainShane wrote:

The 32 hour rule is a good rule - nothing worse than being 100% available to play your games - but your opponent (who could be the most LEGIT) guy in the MG is having a busy day and a half or 2 days and u get a SIMULATED LOSS because of it... I dont think any1 here enjoys that situatiuon...

perhaps there could be a way of subing in a playerto play that game - but of course the natural arguement is that the skill level of the opponent should reflect the skill level of the player who is A-WALL...

than again on the other hand - maybe the guy who is A-WALL deserves the loss seeing as he is "busy" (doesnt make him any less LEGIT - but would be a motivating factor to try to make himself available more)
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:08 pm

GREENERRRR wrote:
Fr8trainShane wrote:

The 32 hour rule is a good rule - nothing worse than being 100% available to play your games - but your opponent (who could be the most LEGIT) guy in the MG is having a busy day and a half or 2 days and u get a SIMULATED LOSS because of it... I dont think any1 here enjoys that situatiuon...

perhaps there could be a way of subing in a playerto play that game - but of course the natural arguement is that the skill level of the opponent should reflect the skill level of the player who is A-WALL...

than again on the other hand - maybe the guy who is A-WALL deserves the loss seeing as he is "busy" (doesnt make him any less LEGIT - but would be a motivating factor to try to make himself available more)

I was the one who suggested a sub. Someone who is not in the league. I think every league should have 2 dedicated subs, who fill in for people that need filling in for, and in exchange get first crack in that league if a team opens up. As an alternative, have a list of 5 or 10 people and as each commish needs a sub, he goes down the list, skipping anyone who is already in his league.

I think it should either be a sub, or no restarting of CPU games allowed. If you can't finish a CPU game first try, you get the sim result. A CPU game should not equal an automatic win, nor guarantee no injuries.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:24 pm

im really late on this topic and read a few posts to get the jist of what wat the topic was about.

- if we are limiting the number of franchises per member i say limit it to 4. possibly limiting the number of franchises we have might be another good idea.
- the minor league idea was good and i think we should look into supporting some kind of tournaments would help us also to get ppl use to our rules and way of playing without having them take a spot in a franchise.
- i also think the burden of questions being answered shouldnt be souly on greenerrr. as MG grows everything shouldnt be coming to 1 person.
- rules definately should be looked at to not include grey areas were ppl can exploit it because it is not a rule.

i would love to be apart of restructuring mg. i have the time to do certain things just him me up.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:30 pm

bigbuddah wrote:im really late on this topic and read a few posts to get the jist of what wat the topic was about.

- if we are limiting the number of franchises per member i say limit it to 4. possibly limiting the number of franchises we have might be another good idea.
- the minor league idea was good and i think we should look into supporting some kind of tournaments would help us also to get ppl use to our rules and way of playing without having them take a spot in a franchise.
- i also think the burden of questions being answered shouldnt be souly on greenerrr. as MG grows everything shouldnt be coming to 1 person.
- rules definately should be looked at to not include grey areas were ppl can exploit it because it is not a rule.

i would love to be apart of restructuring mg. i have the time to do certain things just him me up.

That tournament idea is genius bro. We could get players from all over playing by our rules to get them used to the way we play so when they get in a minor league they'll hit the ground running
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:36 pm

The 48 hour rule you are suggesting Shane isn't needed if your commish of your franchise sends out message daily. I know for a fact that I'm the only commissioner in this network that sends out reminder messages daily if you haven't played your game within the first 24 hours of the advance. Why this might be time consuming to some of you...the stats don't lie. I've had 3 extensions (2 of the 3 because of Holidays) in 73 madden weeks (Season 5 - Week 5). That means that each week there is a 96% chance that we will be advancing in 48 hours. If you put forth the effort...guys play their games. That was definitely a downfall for a lot of these dying leagues. The commissioners were not communicating what so ever. If you don't put forth the effort to communicate...why should your players?

Greener, I would love to see you run just 1 league next season. I think you would make a hell of a commish if you could focus all your free time on one league. You always seem to spread yourself too thin when madden starts...being in like 10 franchises and managing 2 or 3 leagues.

XFN should also be a requirement, as someone else mentioned, for each one of our sites...pending whether or not XFN still exists next season and if they decide to charge a ridiculous amount to get your league sponsored. But I can't tell you...how amazing that site is...we're all getting away with murder for having it for free right now.

Also...for those of you who think it will be impossible to get in my franchise next season...this is not true. The only people guaranteed a spot for Madden 12 are the ones who are with me through Season 10. I guarantee I will have more openings. But I've had 23 of my 32 members since day one. We've only had 9 teams change owners. So if you want in for next season, you message me and get added to my waiting list for this current season. This is the only way you will drafting a team in my DW franchise next season, it's an incentive to get guys to play the full 10 seasons...because no matter what anyone says...you're always going to care more about a team you draft yourself...than a squad somone else drafted.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:37 pm

bigbuddah wrote:im really late on this topic and read a few posts to get the jist of what wat the topic was about.

+1 to every single one of Buddah's comments
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:53 pm

Deathwish22 wrote:The 48 hour rule you are suggesting Shane isn't needed if your commish of your franchise sends out message daily. I know for a fact that I'm the only commissioner in this network that sends out reminder messages daily if you haven't played your game within the first 24 hours of the advance. Why this might be time consuming to some of you...the stats don't lie. I've had 3 extensions (2 of the 3 because of Holidays) in 73 madden weeks (Season 5 - Week 5). That means that each week there is a 96% chance that we will be advancing in 48 hours. If you put forth the effort...guys play their games. That was definitely a downfall for a lot of these dying leagues. The commissioners were not communicating what so ever. If you don't put forth the effort to communicate...why should your players?

Greener, I would love to see you run just 1 league next season. I think you would make a hell of a commish if you could focus all your free time on one league. You always seem to spread yourself too thin when madden starts...being in like 10 franchises and managing 2 or 3 leagues.

XFN should also be a requirement, as someone else mentioned, for each one of our sites...pending whether or not XFN still exists next season and if they decide to charge a ridiculous amount to get your league sponsored. But I can't tell you...how amazing that site is...we're all getting away with murder for having it for free right now.

Also...for those of you who think it will be impossible to get in my franchise next season...this is not true. The only people guaranteed a spot for Madden 12 are the ones who are with me through Season 10. I guarantee I will have more openings. But I've had 23 of my 32 members since day one. We've only had 9 teams change owners. So if you want in for next season, you message me and get added to my waiting list for this current season. This is the only way you will drafting a team in my DW franchise next season, it's an incentive to get guys to play the full 10 seasons...because no matter what anyone says...you're always going to care more about a team you draft yourself...than a squad somone else drafted.

I send out messages too, and I think Cheddah does as well

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:06 pm

Deathwish22 wrote:[

i would love to be able just run 1 LG - But this year it seemed we hit a spot where there was no other commishes ready to start and we needed another LG - so i stepped up to the plate - but naturally if i could free up my time a bit - i could do a better job focusing on 1 LG -

Nevertheless - and this is no exageration - on average i get 25-30 PSN messages a day - most of it is trivial stuff (like do u know a phone #?... do i have to punt on the 49?... Have you heard from "some1"? because we keep missing each other... "some" did this to me and i think its CHZ... - i could go on and on...) but i have to make the effort to reply out of politeness alone -I know i will never get away from this solely because I am the primary "recruitor" for the MG and when recruit some1 they automatically see you as a center of influence even when they have a situation in a LG that u do not run...

I would like to mention that both GRNER LGS are running strong - we are almost at full capacity (we need 1 player in GRNER1 and i think 2 in GRNER2 after the people who are `àway`rejoin their squads)...- we advance at a consistant rate of every 3 days - and the message board content is something i look to improve on next year but from a particpation perspective - I can remeber when either LG has not advanced with less thna 90% of its games played... And we have a lot of new faces - some real good players - that are total SIM guys - great additions to the MG....
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:15 pm

I am curious where does a system like this leave players like myself. I am not dead just burnt out. I will be back playing Madden and I plan on it being here.

Limiting Leagues ABSOLUTLY major mistake of mine was WAAYYY too many leagues I have no idea how GREENERRR does it.

But I played over 20 full seasons if there were 32 players like me we could have had 10 seasons done in four months.

Also do you really believe the current members in Deathwish are ALL going to make it, Summer right around the corner it is unrealistic.

Fr8train how long you been in the MG and how many leagues broh Talk to me in August and tell me how it went. Once you have logges your 20th season without missing 1 game I will be impressed.

I will say this Do I feel I deserve to be in the top leagues and do I want to be in the top leagues. ABSOLUTLY but that will not be my choice as it will be on the commishioners of said leagues. But I am saying now I want in. But for now I am taking a break from Madden. Maybe had it not been for the average 4 games a night for the last six months maybe I would not have tired of the game. I just Don't know.

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:15 pm

from this point the posts have been transcribed to the commissioner only section in the future of the MG thread...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next