* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Serious Rule Change Proposal

+7
mblammers
ezweightloss
sam22smith
bjcole26
GREENERRRR
saastar
phantomshark
11 posters

Go down

Serious Rule Change Proposal Empty Serious Rule Change Proposal

Post by phantomshark Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:16 pm

I think the following proposal makes a lot of sense, and would be a fair compromise for both sides of the Greener debate. I really want to see if greener will back this proposal.

Note that all these will need to be taken as a group, in order to be a true compromise.

1) No huddle offense is limited to the last 2 minutes of a half, in clock saving circumstances. If behind more than 8 points in the 4th, no-huddle may be used in the last 4 minutes. (Almost every sim league has a rule about no-huddles)

2) Normal inside and outside runs are exempt from the 20% rule. Pitches and draws are subject to the 20% rule, with all pitches being counted as the same play, and all draws counted as the same play. Most teams run almost exclusively inside, or exclusively ouside, so those plays can easily be more than 20% of a teams play call. Also, it is very difficult to determine the exact running play that was called, which makes enforcement on inside and outside runs almost impossible

3) All teams are required to maintain at least a 70%/30% run/pass or pass/run ratio throughout the course of a season. To determine this, add total HB and FB rushing attempts and QB passing attempts, and use that to determine the % (ignore QB rushes, as it can often be kneels at the end of halfs or busted passing plays, or WR rushes, as they are mainly gimmick plays). Anyone who has played at least 3 games whose % on either side is too high will lose either their HB with the most carries (if running too much) or receiver with the most catches (if passing too much) until the discrepancy is fixed.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Serious Rule Change Proposal Empty Re: Serious Rule Change Proposal

Post by saastar Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:25 pm

phantomshark wrote:I think the following proposal makes a lot of sense, and would be a fair compromise for both sides of the Greener debate. I really want to see if greener will back this proposal.

Note that all these will need to be taken as a group, in order to be a true compromise.

1) No huddle offense is limited to the last 2 minutes of a half, in clock saving circumstances. If behind more than 8 points in the 4th, no-huddle may be used in the last 4 minutes. (Almost every sim league has a rule about no-huddles)

2) Normal inside and outside runs are exempt from the 20% rule. Pitches and draws are subject to the 20% rule, with all pitches being counted as the same play, and all draws counted as the same play. Most teams run almost exclusively inside, or exclusively ouside, so those plays can easily be more than 20% of a teams play call. Also, it is very difficult to determine the exact running play that was called, which makes enforcement on inside and outside runs almost impossible

3) All teams are required to maintain at least a 70%/30% run/pass or pass/run ratio throughout the course of a season. To determine this, add total HB and FB rushing attempts and QB passing attempts, and use that to determine the % (ignore QB rushes, as it can often be kneels at the end of halfs or busted passing plays, or WR rushes, as they are mainly gimmick plays). Anyone who has played at least 3 games whose % on either side is too high will lose either their HB with the most carries (if running too much) or receiver with the most catches (if passing too much) until the discrepancy is fixed.

the no huddle aint bad..

the 2nd one i dont know really what ur really trying to propose.. so i have no comment on that..

the 3rd rule i hate all together.. bc if my opponent is destroying my run/pass gm and the other is working then im going to keep doing whatever is working for the rest of the gm...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:43 pm

2nd one I am saying, normal inside or outside runs, like Dives, Isos, Power Os, Stretches, etc., should not be subject to the 20% play calling rule. Some teams only running play might be dives, so if they are running 45% of the time, 45% of their plays will be dives. Doesn't seem fair to make them run stretches and pitches if their HB is Lendale White.

On the 3rd one, I recognize that in a single game, you may be over 70% run or 70% pass. But if you are over 70% for the whole season, something is wrong, which is why I said for the season and not for a single game.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:55 pm

only rule i would support is rule #2 BUT THE WAY THE CURREENT RULE IS SET UP AND THE WAY I DIVIDE THE PLAY CALLS IN MY POWER RUN FORMATION BETWEEN INSIDE, GUT, DIVE, audible RUN AND POWER0 - the 20% treshold is inconsequential to my play - so far as i am concern - this is throwing me a bone tat i already have in my back pocket

- the no huddle is a legitimate tactic for me to get A REASONABLE # OF PLAYS IN THESE ABSURD ACCEL CLOCK LGS - if i went into the huddle all the time in accel clcok LGs -i could make it so that guys would have possibly 2 series the entire game - the accel clock 100% SCREWS OVER RUN FIRST TEAMS - and the nu huddle is a way i can minimize this exposure SOMEWHAT...

0 minimum theshold for run pass RAE NEER GOING TO FLY - WHO ARE U TO DICTATE TO ME WHAT TYPE OF PLAY I SHOULD CALL... the fact of the matter is I DONT CARE IF GUYS PASS THE BALL 100% OF TYHE TIME - BUT IF YTOU ARE GOING TO CALL ME OUT FOR RUNNING THE BALL A LOT - OTHER GUYS ARE FAR WORSE FROM A PASSING PERSPECTIVE SO YOU NBEED TO EQUALLY CALL THEM OUT AS WELL... but than again - they way this rule is written - i am sure i would nbe ok if it was passed

SO THERE IS YOUR ANSWER - none of thoise rules i would really support - I HOPE I LIVED UP TO YOU EXPECTATION!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:00 pm

GREENERRRR wrote:only rule i would support is rule #2 BUT THE WAY THE CURREENT RULE IS SET UP AND THE WAY I DIVIDE THE PLAY CALLS IN MY POWER RUN FORMATION BETWEEN INSIDE, GUT, DIVE, audible RUN AND POWER0 - the 20% treshold is inconsequential to my play - so far as i am concern - this is throwing me a bone tat i already have in my back pocket

SO THERE IS YOUR ANSWER - none of thoise rules i would really support - I HOPE I LIVED UP TO YOU EXPECTATION!

Audible Run is not a separate play. It's an audible into a specific run play, dictated by the formation you are in. I posted a list of every play the Audible Run calls for every formation in the Run 'N Gun playbook you use.

And no, I didn't really expect you to support any of these. #1 is by far the most important, because your no-huddle is by far the most unsim thing that happens in the MG, which is sad for the founder of the so called 'most sim' group of madden players.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:05 pm

So a team can run as many drags and slants as they want which is many cases is 95% off all there pass plays but we want to limit toss plays to 20%... Which is especially funny when teams use 4-6 inside blitz and a toss is a great counter.
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by sam22smith Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:09 pm

The MG needs to lose some rules - never mind create more.

To put a cap on run/pass ratio is out of control. The Madden Group is becoming the Madden Cult......
sam22smith
sam22smith
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:18 pm

Exactly Sam..... Ridiculious... why do we need more rules when the leader ignores the ones we have?
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:20 pm

why do we need more rules when the next madden comes out in 4 months???? just dont fucking play greenerrr and lets move on..

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:32 pm

[quote="phantomshark"]
GREENERRRR wrote:

And no, I didn't really expect you to support any of these. #1 is by far the most important, because your no-huddle is by far the most unsim thing that happens in the MG, which is sad for the founder of the so called 'most sim' group of madden players.

well if we didnt have the stupid accel clock eating away 15 seconds on virtually 80% of the plays i run - THAN I WOULD BE LESS COMPELLED TO USE NO HUDDLE BUT ACEL CLOCK IS HEAR TO STRAY - SO I AM JUST FINDING WAYS TO MAKE ME HAVE A reasonable # of plays in a game - BUT I ADMIT THERE IS AN ELEMENT OF chz THERE - but its less chz than getting a tiny # of possessions due to the ACEL CLCOK - so i am just choosing to to have the least UNSIM aspect of the game effect the way i play...

BESIDES - THERE ARE TIMES WHEN GUYS COME out in absurd defenses where u have a clear MISMATCH - CALLING NO HUDDLE IN THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES IS TOTALLY sim AND IS SMNART PLAY CALLING - u are justy forcing the defense to burn a timeout or live with the mismatch that the offense read
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:00 pm

i like the no huddle rule, for example CP using no huddle against me everytime i sack him and i always get burned the next play cuz i don't have time to go through my audibles. but other than the colts no one uses a no huddle very frequently.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:52 pm

GREENERRRR wrote:

well if we didnt have the stupid accel clock eating away 15 seconds on virtually 80% of the plays i run - THAN I WOULD BE LESS COMPELLED TO USE NO HUDDLE BUT ACEL CLOCK IS HEAR TO STRAY - SO I AM JUST FINDING WAYS TO MAKE ME HAVE A reasonable # of plays in a game - BUT I ADMIT THERE IS AN ELEMENT OF chz THERE - but its less chz than getting a tiny # of possessions due to the ACEL CLCOK - so i am just choosing to to have the least UNSIM aspect of the game effect the way i play...

This does not strike me as honest. It is a bullshit justification for unsim play. If you don't like the accel clock, get out of that particular league. Don't use it as an excuse to do no-huddle run. There is not a single other person in the MG (with any sense at least) that thinks no-huddle run plays are sim.

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:54 pm

Between greenerrrs clock glitch and his unnecessary no huddle it kinda evens out. there is 1 team that no huddles on a normal basis and they are a passing team. The pats ran a lil no huddle but they are a passing team. Rushing and the no huddle is unecessary if u wanna control the ball and eat clock. Ur no huddling because u got the animation to work good and u wanna do it again.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcnair2wycheck Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:30 pm

I thought there existed a rule about running excessive no-huddle.

Mcnair2wycheck
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:37 pm

Mcnair2wycheck wrote:I thought there existed a rule about running excessive no-huddle.

I don't think Greener excessively no huddles (See Greener, I am vouching for you)... he just does it enough to annoy people.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:19 pm

for the record = I DONT DO THIS CLOK GLITCH PON PURPOSE IN ANY WAY - I AMKE A LOT OF SUBSITUTIONS inb betweenplayts - and i will be using a new play book against new players - its notitentionally - but i will make surwe i do a good # of no huiddle to make up for it - SO IT EVENS OUT -

really its just another reason NOT TO USE ACCEL CLOCK AT ALL - and the amount of this glitch run downs - i think MAY depend on if the lg is set at 15 20 or 25 sec accel clock - - hopefully our lgs are set at 15 - but really just turn it off if its such a big deal - its to bad this couldnt be the type of setting that if 2 players agreed - they could chaneg it but that would nbever happen
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:24 pm

GREENERRRR wrote:for the record = I DONT DO THIS CLOK GLITCH PON PURPOSE IN ANY WAY - I AMKE A LOT OF SUBSITUTIONS inb betweenplayts - and i will be using a new play book against new players - its notitentionally - but i will make surwe i do a good # of no huiddle to make up for it - SO IT EVENS OUT -

really its just another reason NOT TO USE ACCEL CLOCK AT ALL - and the amount of this glitch run downs - i think MAY depend on if the lg is set at 15 20 or 25 sec accel clock - - hopefully our lgs are set at 15 - but really just turn it off if its such a big deal - its to bad this couldnt be the type of setting that if 2 players agreed - they could chaneg it but that would nbever happen

the lgs with accel clock are the most successful ones..

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Serious Rule Change Proposal Empty accell clock

Post by DB74277 Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:47 pm

I respect all reasons and opinions I just don't think no huddle is SIM play but the colts use it so w/e. Their like the only team that does but I just don't like it. Just my personal opinion, whether it's SIM is debatable, and taking the accell clock off would solve the problem and im a fan of no accell clock and 5 min quarters but thats just me. I don't know if the accell clock gives ur players more stamina or helps them recover but if it doesn't than I def don't like it but I'm just happy to be in relieable leagues and jus expressing my 2 cents that no huddle isn't really SIM but the accell clock is a problem. I havent played enough to really argue n e ting though jus throwin this out there.

DB74277

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:54 pm

The no huddle offense the colts run is different from the hurry up EA has in the game. I also think that since greenerrr only uses close to 6 different plays he shouldn't be waiting til past 20 secs on playclock to choose a play regardless of subs

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:56 pm

bigbuddah wrote:The no huddle offense the colts run is different from the hurry up EA has in the game. I also think that since greenerrr only uses close to 6 different plays he shouldn't be waiting til past 20 secs on playclock to choose a play regardless of subs

Hurry up offense drains defensive stamina faster than it does offensive (which is a flaw in the game), which is why most think its Cheese.
Hurry up while running a 2 minute offense, however, is SIM...

Making that many substitutions makes you wonder if the Depth Chart rule is being violated...Just because you do it on the substitution screen doesn't make it any different than the Depth Chart. All it is, is skirting around the Depth Chart.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:01 pm

Yea tru..it doesn't take that long to sub in a rb or an extra lineman or his chz speed qb..idk y every play he waits till 20 secs or lower to pick his plays knowing there is a glitch

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down