* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

New league idea?

+5
kavorka2
PaPZ187
CantBbeat83
falconfansince81
Cheddah_Cheez
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New league idea? Empty New league idea?

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:27 pm

Here's my idea: Can we get a league together that only contains players vouched for by other players? What I mean is all the players that commisioners have played or know to be legit players ONLY. I'm not the best madden player and i would gladly take a loss to someone who outplayed me, but it infuriating (even tho it's just a game) to lose to players who break rules. I've had players who have broken one or two rules at key times cost me a loss. I'm not a dominating defender, so if a game is tied and I get you to third and long and you break a rule and get the first, and eventually score, that can cost me the game. Things like that have happened to me so many times and there's nothing that can be done about it. It's annoying as hell when stuff like that happens but I have to play by the rules. Things like that can (and probably have) cost me a playoff spot, and nothing can be done as restitution for that. I feel like if I'm in a close game I should use the IOR to turn things in my favor and then say I didn't know it was a rule, or that there's no evidence behind it.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

New league idea? Empty Re: New league idea?

Post by falconfansince81 Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:51 pm

does this have anything to do with the texans game in vista league?

i can think of 20-25 guys off the top of my head who are pretty active and play legit, if we could just get em all in one league we'd be set...think i tried this last year but everyone was already in too many franchises. i love the idea tho...
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:59 pm

Yea dude, third game in that league where i played someone who doesn't follow rules. That one def took the cake, I let up like 38 points in the first half because of all that bs and more importantly I ended up losing. Pretty much I'm sick of playing with people who don't follow rules when I'm expected to so I was hoping we could pull something like what I mentioned together. I think it'd make for a really good league too.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

New league idea? Empty i Agree...

Post by CantBbeat83 Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:00 am

We can set that up.. We had it like that but as we expanded some assholes slipped through the cracks and got in but ya im really down for it.. I Like the idea of a Non-Draft League or maybe we can 1 of each cause i no we got 64 SOLID Guys 4sure.. Ill talk 2 Greenerrrr bout it if u want

CantBbeat83

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:24 am

Yea PLEASE, let's get this going
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:23 am

that would be great can't be beat, and i wouldn't mind and undrafted league like how yours is now. we could even do random teams...i don't even care so long as i know i'm getting a straight game and that it won't be simmed. for the most part, i haven't had to track down guys to get my games in but there have been a few who love waitin til the last minute. i'll even commission or help out in recruiting people we ALL know. there are usually 10 guys in a franchise who lurk around the playoffs by playing legit, and always get their games in. lets just get all those guys and make a league out of it.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:38 am

Yeah, I'd say one undrafted and one fantasy drafted would be cool. I'd be willing to take whatever teams, and help out however needed. All I care about is guaranteed straight games and as few simmed games as possible.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by PaPZ187 Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:46 pm

Thats sounds good to me, too many ppl either dont follow rules or arent really active.

Maybe even have each player play a game against the commish or whatever just to verify.
PaPZ187
PaPZ187
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:24 pm

Yea I think the play-in game could be an option if we can find enough guys who are well known. But judging from what falcon and CBB said, I think we should be able to find enough credible guys, and I'm sure most of them (like me) would wanna do both the drafted and non-drafted leagues
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by kavorka2 Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:54 pm

i like this 'VIP' league idea... and advancing every 48 hours shouldnt be a problem. maybe even have every 24 hours! lol (i know, probably not possible)

kavorka2
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:33 pm

kavorka2 wrote:i like this 'VIP' league idea... and advancing every 48 hours shouldnt be a problem. maybe even have every 24 hours! lol (i know, probably not possible)

VIP league is a great name for it, in fact i think we should probably just vote on either drafted or undrafted since i'm not sure everyone will be able to add two more leagues and still keep up with their other ones. course we could just start sign ups for both, and when we fill em just go from there.

maybe greener can start a new thread in available franchises for the VIP league and the current members of this thread can sanction who is in. i think we all know who is active and legit, so screening people shouldn't be a problem. this is a list just off the top of my head w/o looking at my friends list of who i'd like to see in.

kavorka2
cheddah_cheez
papz187
jmojsoski
child_please4385
greener
deathwish
mjkight
big mullet
falconfansince81
ezweightloss
bigbuddah
johnnylagz17
ryno341
surfnturf90
vista3131
cantbbeat83
mpblammers

thats 18 people, more than half who i think would play...if i forgot someone my bad, but i'm sure others can add to it. there are quite a few guys who i know are active and legit that i've yet to play.

Last edited by falconfansince81 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by kavorka2 Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:52 pm

great list falconfan... and what if we really make a league that advances every 24 hours? is that idea really too far out there? What if we try and get 32 players that can be online at least for a couple of hours EVERYDAY (and are legit players of course). I'm sure i can find 3 that you havent listed. This is something certainly worth trying I bet.. I know none would actually play all 16 games because we have lives, but we could play most games, and advance through seasons quickly! at blazing speeds! lol . Obviously, players would have to be 'OK' if one or two games ended up getting simmed.

-Also organization would be key for this success (eg: good communication- having everyone in the league add all opponents to their friends list, and be ready to send message about playing times for the next day)

just a thought

kavorka2
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:57 pm

i would love a 24 hour lg i wouldn't mind a game or 2 being simmed
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

New league idea? Empty interested

Post by mblammers Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:20 pm

I don't know if I'm too much of a newbie to be "vouched" for, but I like the idea alot. I'm on here every day and on psn almost daily as well.
I would suggest mandatory text messaging capability so we could schedule games easier.
Maybe extend the 24hr period to 48hs during the last couple weeks of the season and in the playoffs?

my .02

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:39 pm

mblammers wrote:I don't know if I'm too much of a newbie to be "vouched" for, but I like the idea alot. I'm on here every day and on psn almost daily as well.
I would suggest mandatory text messaging capability so we could schedule games easier.
Maybe extend the 24hr period to 48hs during the last couple weeks of the season and in the playoffs?

my .02

i'm up for the 24 hour league as well, i also don't mind a sim game or two so long as we have active enough guys where it isn't an issue...but if one player is on the hasn't heard from his opponent by say 10pm i think the person on should get a cpu game.

we could advance monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday saturday at 12am or sometime in the morning. that way weekend games can get done during saturday afternoon or sunday/monday night.

i see blammers in a lot of our leagues, again we just want active and legit. i'm sure someone can vouch for you. can you get 1 gm a night in during the week, and 1 or 2 on the weekend?

its at least worth a shot to see how it goes.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by CantBbeat83 Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:03 pm

Sounds good.. Lets get on it.. And I will Vouch for Mblammers hes a solid player add him on

CantBbeat83

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:49 pm

Hell yea this is awesome. I'm new too but if it means anything I'd vouch for blammers. We've played three times all of which were epic matchups. I'm up for a 24hr advancement period too. As long as we don't do Sundays bc of football. My only request is that we keep mjkight out of the lg bc that sob beat me in cbb's lg earlier today. Was an epic gm, came down to the last drive where he converted on a 4th and 8 bc my coverage is too retarded to stay with receivers all the way on the other side of the field (just kidding about you being an sob Kight). I can't really blame him though, you gotta throw the ball to open receivers! I'm visiting my Gf this weekend, but I got my ps3...just won't have access to the site as often as I usually do. If one of you guys can email me any important details about the lg I'd appreciate it. Chadirvin829@gmail.com
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:20 pm

sounds like a good idea but idk if i can do it. i have the time but keeping up and scheduling 2 franchises is enough for me. specially if its a 24 hour advancing when i work alot on weekends 8 to 10 hours a day and its all at night. but sounds like a really good idea tho

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:47 pm

bigbuddah wrote:sounds like a good idea but idk if i can do it. i have the time but keeping up and scheduling 2 franchises is enough for me. specially if its a 24 hour advancing when i work alot on weekends 8 to 10 hours a day and its all at night. but sounds like a really good idea tho

well thats why i figure we advance m-th then just once saturday so we're not all strained all weekend, it'd basically be like a weekday thing. lets see if we can get 32 people and go from there, maybe even vote on advancement.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:50 pm

If that's the case...FUCK YEA

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by kavorka2 Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:45 pm

so.. we gota start,, by someone actually getting this thing organized (commish) ... falconfan? you wanna do this?

kavorka2
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

New league idea? Empty Who wants to be Commish?

Post by CantBbeat83 Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:54 am

I dont mind doing it but i already got a League going.. But we need some1 that knows the rules very well and is on alot that can really be on it.. Lets hear from the Volunteers and we will choose from there.. Whos Volunteering? Oh ya and Please id really Like to see that League List of whos joining before there Invited Please..

CantBbeat83

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:35 am

Like blammers, I'm pretty new but I'd love to get in the fantasy draft version of this league if anyone will vouch for me. I'm in Deathwish's league and Vista's league, maybe one of them would do it.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:24 am

i already had you on the list surf, from our deathwish game i could tell your legit, had good sportsmanship (despite a havin a bad gm) and i see you on regularly.

i can definitely commish the league, thats no problem. the only issues that i think need addressed are advancements and league type/settings, so here is my proposal.

i would like to advance monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday MORNING at 830am before i leave for work. that means anyone in the league HAS to be able to set aside at least one hour per week for this league to get their game in. but like we said before, at this rate we can get through a season a month. also, this frees up the weekend so you have fri-sunday night to get your weekend game in.

on to league type, i always prefer fantasy but i think an undrafted league might work out better in case we do end up with some sim games cause there will be no waiting to advance. i don't care if theres only two games played its advancing. maybe we'll vote once we get 32 people, i just think trying to set a draft day/drafting/people abandoning porrly drafted teams always leaves a hole in a league...but hopefully we won't have that problem.

for settings of course i like all madden, 8 min acc clock.

if greener can set me up a section under the open league section i'll get started this weekend filling slots. if you are interested in joining please reply to this until we get a new thread.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:31 am

Woops, didn't see that, but I appreciate it. I need to redeem myself from that ass whopping I took ha.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next