* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

SLIDERS - give us your feedback!

+8
weasel_
RIPxPatTillman40
Beast-Mode412
McNoob
Maddening isn't it?
CharlieHustle
General_Hon
GREENERRRR
12 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

SLIDERS - give us your feedback! - Page 6 Empty Re: SLIDERS - give us your feedback!

Post by CharlieHustle Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:40 pm

Green, your understanding of the sliders is so far off...

Increasing the roughing the passing slider means that there will be a higher freguency of "roughing the passer" flags thrown when you take shots at the QB... That's it. It doesn't effect pass rushing in the slightest. C'mon dude...
CharlieHustle
CharlieHustle
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

SLIDERS - give us your feedback! - Page 6 Empty Re: SLIDERS - give us your feedback!

Post by broadway_blitz Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:47 pm

Charlie- didn't u quit?

stop beating a dead horse

broadway_blitz

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieHustle Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:54 pm

lol... You're right blitz. I can't help it, I like arguing too much! lol
CharlieHustle
CharlieHustle
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:36 pm

ITS WEEK 7 and there are no players in the entire league on the INJURY REPORT!

HALF of the league has only been called for 2 penalties all season. I don't ever see holding calls or anything. I think the sliders are way WAY off and need to be fixed.

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:00 pm

I never looked at the numbers untill now. WoW these are really bad some of them. These sliders are clearly a personal preference type of set and are not really done or made up to reflect real life football.

Facemask set to 2? No wonder I've never seen this penalty called now in 1.5 seasons. Put that back to the all madden level . 25 is it ?

The penalties should all be set to ALL MADDEN LEVEL base of 25.

Fumbles at 32? Are you kidding me ? Where did you get this 32 from is that just your favorite number ? Round the numbers off to the nearest 5 I think would be wise.

Why is pass coverage set to 15 or a user and 85 for CPU!?

The penalty sliders are a joke seriously! I stated before rule changes should be made in the offseason. But I think the penalty sliders should be adjusted affective immediately ! They should be on all madden which is 25 and never a lower number then that. The all madden number of 25 should be the base 0 number for any slider IMO.

Interceptions 50 for user and 17? Weird number again for the CPU

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by RIPxPatTillman40 Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:52 pm

Maddening isn't it? wrote:Scoring 80 isnt sim either but that didn't stop you now did it.

Wut could have stopped me was u not running no huddle every ply looking to pass n goin 4 it on 4th down inside ur own 10 i actually let up to keep from gettin 100 which i didnt have 2 do since if ur gnna draw the gm out down by 50 im not just gnna kneel the ball thn punt every series.

RIPxPatTillman40
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by RIPxPatTillman40 Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:16 pm

CharlieHustle wrote:Pat, you sound stupid... A QB with 68 acc won't pass on great cbs, like drew brees would, with default sliders. In other lgs, i use slower cbs with GREAT skill sets and they cover just fine in man and zone...

Speed ain't everything in this game so stop pretending like that's all that matters. If Taylor mays didn't have the hit power and couldn't catch, I would pick a slower safety with those skills over him in a heartbeat! smh...

This is the only league i've been in where everybody expects the zone to work better than it does, and actually rigged it to do so... I wonder why that is??

This ain't madden 13, learn how to play the (new) game and stop relying on tricks from last year. And in case you guys have forgotten, Madden is a strategy game... Custom sliders are for people who have so-called "stick skills" but don't know shit about strategy.

Btw, there's 11 men on the field for your team, you only can control 1 at a time. Other guys should be able to make a play on their own = skillsets... Dumbass!
i could torch every1 with mark sanchez @ default sliders.Considering i win basically every SB i thnk i know wut im talking about, go look @ Mays he gt around 85 HP n very low catch plus no cov so ur point means nothing, and i know 4 a fact no1 would tk slow ass kerry rhodes or antrell rolle over him, Y cuz of the speed DUMBASSSS!!   And why do u think i win n the lg becuz i gt the best stik skills period and know hw 2 strategize vs ever opp i ply because i research thm. If ur opp has 2 be scared 2 throw or run the bal near you thn you've already cut the field n half. Which means u cn overload 1 side of the field n user who there favorite target is so now thy basically gt 1 read thn force the turnover its very easy. Players who think like u n who constantly complain about how there Cpu Def dnt work but there numbers are nice and this WR burnt my CB who 10 speeds slower or my 77 speed LB cant catch jeff demps on a stretch ply are wut giv me a big smile whn i get 2 ply thm cuz i know the gm will b easy. Try spending more time labbing plys thn finding something new 2 complain about. Did i not win every SB but 2 last yr with default sliders so sliders 4 me dont mean a damn thing because the better plyer will win majority of time.

RIPxPatTillman40
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:45 pm

I think the prof is in the pudding as well. The sliders changed and basically the top ten ayers in the league remained the same. That's because those said players are the best at a multitude of things primarily making "USER" plays. That's what this game is all about. Maximizing my use of the player I control and minimizing my opponents input on the game as a user. That's how I look at it. With that being said Tillman don't you think some of the penalty sliders are off? Don't bother to argue with someone who already quit the league as couldn't hack it. Talk to me about the penalty sliders

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by RIPxPatTillman40 Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:48 pm

if people would just google wut the sliders mean u can find forums where it tells u, like offsides Makes the CPU defenders shed more blocks and collapse the pocket better) (You can get the CPU to jump early from the occasional hard count at this setting), PI both OFF high # N DEF low # Helps tighten the coverage up, and roughing the passer Helps pass rush and pursuit of QB in open field. AND its nt just operation sports theres others although slightly differ but operation sports continues 2 update theres (like offsides now @ 25), newest update was 10/30

RIPxPatTillman40
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:20 pm

Are you I'm one of there leagues Tillman? Are you in any other leagues besides ours?

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:26 pm

Yea I'm sure coverage would be tighter in the NFL also if they never called pass interference. I Told you before you can pretty mush user tackle a WR now and not get a call and break the play up which is super lame. No penalties and no injuries? Had I know this I would have degrees more ayers with low stamina and injury scores. I don't buy the argument you guys are pitching with the emphasis in gameplay. Penalties and injuries are a part of football and should be properly represented in the game.

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddening isn't it? Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:29 pm

Lol. I'm cool with you scoring 80 or 100. I'm certainly not gonna just quit trying to score when I'm down by 40-50. I'm just saying you talking about someone else being unsim running their QB isn't any different than you being unsim and putting up 80.

Maddening isn't it?
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

SLIDERS - give us your feedback! - Page 6 Empty L

Post by weasel_ Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:33 pm

Bb

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

SLIDERS - give us your feedback! - Page 6 Empty L

Post by weasel_ Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:33 pm

Bb

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:35 pm

No teams in real life down 35-10 in the 4th qt with 2 min left go for it on there own 10 yard line yet punt.

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by RIPxPatTillman40 Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:59 pm

yes weasel im in other sim lgs n no rules lg, how is 80 unsim whn u r givin me the ball @ the 5 yrd line n 3rd qrt? u gv me it once @ the 1yrd line, am i nt suppose 2 score? my score was sim because i wasnt trying to run it up i ran the ball n scored 14 pts n 2nd half u just continued 2 giv me the ball in the redzone, thts a big difference between tht n 30 rushes with a QB, since the score was based on ur gm decisions as it would have been lower if u punted whereas u would never see 30 rushes with a QB, 15 probably tops

RIPxPatTillman40
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:24 pm

Let me know if those other leagues have spots open

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:41 pm

Who are we going to believe here...

CharlieHustle wrote:Green, your understanding of the sliders is so far off...

Increasing the roughing the passing slider means that there will be a higher freguency of "roughing the passer" flags thrown when you take shots at the QB... That's it. It doesn't effect pass rushing in the slightest. C'mon dude...
Or

What Tillman is saying below (which I have been saying OVER and OVER but every person in this thread has ignored me - accept Tillman)

RIPxPatTillman40 wrote:if people would just google wut the sliders mean u can find forums where it tells u, like offsides  Makes the CPU defenders shed more blocks and collapse the pocket better) (You can get the CPU to jump early from the occasional hard count at this setting), PI both OFF high # N DEF low # Helps tighten the coverage up, and roughing the passer Helps pass rush and pursuit of QB in open field. AND its nt just operation sports theres others although slightly differ but operation sports continues 2 update theres (like offsides now @ 25), newest update was 10/30

So do some research and let me know what u find out but I am positive TILLMAN, general Hon and myself are correct and the everyone else who posted here is dead wrong!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:44 pm

I did the research and agree with thr three of you on how it affects the game play . I just don't agree that t makes the game better. It's not football anymore without penalties and injuries .

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:58 pm

I've presented statistical data that supports my argument. What data have you all presented? All I ever here from you is

" other sim leagues have this"

But there is no data to back up your theory. I'm bringing statistics to the table.

The injuries and penalties are not occurring enough an shoul be fixed if this league is really committed to making this handing experience as simulation as possible. These things are far more important then knit picking people's personal game styles etc....

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:00 pm

I'm. It wrong because the numbers don't lie. Half the league has only comited 2 penalties and there isn't one player on the injury report and the season is half over. Explain how that's "sim".

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:43 pm

weasel_ wrote:I'm. It wrong because the numbers don't lie.    Half the league has only comited 2 penalties and there isn't one player on the injury report and the season is half over.   Explain how that's "sim".
Part of the problem is that for 2 weeks I forgot to turn INJURIES BACK ON after I SIMMED the week (my bad...) - and there was 2 other madden weaks where EA SPORTS was doing some BS and for whatever reason no injuries occurred in that time frame either

I definitely think there should be more penalties and injuries but I DON'T THINK IT MAKES SENSE TO SACRIFICE GAMEPLAY TO GET THEM - and that's what's going to happen when we move to default sliders - you will see...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieHustle Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:19 am

Pat and Green, answer me this...

Why does this league need custom sliders if the same people continously win superbowls and make the playoffs?? Why make the offense and defense better for people who are already hard to beat??

MY POINT (again): Good coaches don't need custom sliders to win. These sliders aren't creating any type of parity, only handicaps that favor the top-teir coaches... So every argument you guys make only supports the stances of the guys who are for the default sliders.

If you guys are as good as you say you are, why give everyone else any legitimate reasons to complain when they lose? Like Weasel has CLEARY articulated, y'all have no stats or tangible proof to justify the use of custom sliders, so why not just get rid of them?
CharlieHustle
CharlieHustle
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieHustle Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:07 am

I'm in 3 leagues that use default sliders. I know a rigged league when I see one. lol
CharlieHustle
CharlieHustle
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next