* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Rule Change Immediatly.

+2
jmojsoski
Vista3131
6 posters

Go down

Rule Change Immediatly. Empty Rule Change Immediatly.

Post by Vista3131 Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:18 am

4th down punt rule must be inside opponents 40 yard line, if you have 4th and 1 or greater and your outside opponents 40 yard line you must punt. Currently it is at your own 40 yard line.

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Rule Change Immediatly. Empty Re: Rule Change Immediatly.

Post by jmojsoski Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:28 am

we should also change the rule where you are allowed to move more than one defender thats blitzing, nfl teams have several formations that have defenders walking around the LOS that are blitzing. I should be allowed to replicate an NFL team, for crying out loud, all the rules need to be changed...
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:43 am

Jmo I don't care if you run 1 play the whole damn game.

I don't care if you run crossing routes after crossing route until your legs fall off.

I don't care if you take all 11 defenders and morph them all together into 1 super defender that tackles all eleven guys at the snap of the ball.

I don't care if if you attempt a fake FG.

I don't even care if you go for 2 on the last play of the game when you are down by 1 point like you did to me.

I don't care if you blitz on defense ever play it's not fun but I don't care.

But, I do care that you punt when you are suppose to punt. 4th and 7 in the first quarter of a game is a punting situation period. No risk reward bullshit because the rate of success is way to high. (Did I mention that I stopped him on that play) Don't matter it was LOBBY play.

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:51 am

fair enough....i will try to use those methods against you...but i will punt when need be....im not taking any of those statements as sarcasm, however, those methods you listed are a syle of a lobby player, now why would you not care about those things if they consist with looby play, i thought you stated in the post "i am curious need another opinon" that you did not want to see lobby style of play in the MG yet you "do not care" or likely condone someone using those lobby type methods against you. It just sounds like your really pissed about someone going for it on 4th down, so i take this post as a rant compared to more of a sincere attempt to better the madden Group by changing rules
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:06 pm

I agree with jmo's point here. The punt rule is fine. By your new rule if I was on your 43 I couldn't try a 60yd field goal. If someone wants to go for it on 4th and 7 I'd gladly stop them and cash in on the great field position. In all honesty, and this is coming from someone who's not particularly good at defense, I don't really think anything greater than 4th and short is a given.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:13 pm

OK Cheddah how about you must Kick the ball either FG or Punt. That better broh.

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:58 pm

Lol not really bro. That was just one point. It's handicapping and unrealistic. Personally there's not many situations I'd go for it on more than 4th and short outside of my opponents 40. However to think of a few that make sense: 30sec left in the half...4th and 4 from opp 45...down 14. To me I'd rather get a first and have some opportunities to score before half and trust my D to make a stop. Or another: Down 21...5min left in the 3rd...against an offense I can't stop...4th and 3...@opp 41...kicker has a weak leg. Here i know I can't kick a 50+fg but I'm down three scores and since I havent been able to stop them anyway the 20 difference in field position I'd get from a punt isn't worth it at all. One more: 1 score game...3min left in the second...4th and 2 from their 45...experiencing kick lag all game. Here I've been getting kick lag so in all probability I'll shank a punt or fg anyway. Possibly creating a 14 point swing and digging myself a hole. I actually had this happen recently (I punted). I'd still punt in that situation 9 times out of 10 but I shouldn't have to if I didn't want to.

My point is, there's too many situations where players could have a realistic reason to go for it outside of their opponents 40. A rule like that just handicaps people.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:09 pm

Vista left the leagues, really bro? your really that mad, so be it..
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by mumbai_thug Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:13 pm

vista does have a point. if not your opponent's 40 at least make it midfield.
mumbai_thug
mumbai_thug
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:01 pm

Posted this in another thread, but thought I'd reply with it here too. My suggestion:

4th downs - 4th and 1 or 4th and inches are ok, 4th and 2 or 4th and 3 only on opponents side of the field, 4th and more only when losing in 4th quarter.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:09 pm

I'm sorry, but I just don't see it. The current rule is totally fine. If people wanna go for it on 4th and long stop them and take advantage of the field position. Anywhere outside of your own 40 puts you in GREAT field position if you get the stop. It's no gimme getting anything over 4th and short. Do I agree with the decision to go for it? Not at all I know I wouldn't. But if someone wants to be stupid and take a risk that could change the game in their favor then so be it. I'm all for people being forced to punt when inside their own 40, and there are very few reasons to go for it outside of that, but if they want to they should be able to. I'm not saying they should be able to do it all the time, but once or twice a game is ok IMO.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:43 pm

Vista3131 wrote:I don't care if you take all 11 defenders and morph them all together into 1 super defender that tackles all eleven guys at the snap of the ball.

it'd be like a voltron defender!

Rule Change Immediatly. Voltron+Movie

idk, to be honest i don't even know what all the rules are...i just do what i see mike smith (think i play pretty similar) do when i watch the falcons on sunday, seems to work for me as i haven't had any complaints.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down