* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

another nfl 2k game?

+3
phantomshark
Fr8trainShane
bigbuddah
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

another nfl 2k game? - Page 2 Empty Re: another nfl 2k game?

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:32 pm

That 2nd video was telling too. I mean I already noticed what they were showing but they do a good job of making it obvious. Now I've never played that game so idk if the cj run they used was an anomaly or not, but in madden you see players on d that should be hitting a Rb just hit the 2 engaged players with no effect EVERY play. It's frustrating as he'll to see that and then see the Rb break the tackle after ur defender should have hit the pile. Especially with the shitty madden blocking combined. I have 5 free defenders because the AI can't block who ALL hit the Rb and only one or two of them actually engage the runner. That and momentum being completely irrelevant is what pisses me off about running the ball. There's no way my 230lb linebacker should hit Brandon Jacobs in the backfield and watch him stumble (while other players try ad hit him too) for 7yds. There's no way 2 Dts hit cj in the backfield wrap him up and watch him spin out of it, only to be hit by another defender afterwards and stiff arm out of it.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:33 pm

Fr8trainShane wrote:
bigbuddah wrote:tru but animations need to be both ways as well. in madden its either the offensive playing doing the animation or the defensive player doing the animation. why put flaws under the spot light in a game that is 3 4 years old? show what is better about a 4 yr old game that a 6 month on game.

Salvadore Dali said it best, "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it. "

whos asking for perfection? i just want some ratings that matter in respect to physics like we used to have on last gen consoles, thats all.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:36 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:That 2nd video was telling too. I mean I already noticed what they were showing but they do a good job of making it obvious. Now I've never played that game so idk if the cj run they used was an anomaly or not, but in madden you see players on d that should be hitting a Rb just hit the 2 engaged players with no effect EVERY play. It's frustrating as he'll to see that and then see the Rb break the tackle after ur defender should have hit the pile. Especially with the shitty madden blocking combined. I have 5 free defenders because the AI can't block who ALL hit the Rb and only one or two of them actually engage the runner. That and momentum being completely irrelevant is what pisses me off about running the ball. There's no way my 230lb linebacker should hit Brandon Jacobs in the backfield and watch him stumble (while other players try ad hit him too) for 7yds. There's no way 2 Dts hit cj in the backfield wrap him up and watch him spin out of it, only to be hit by another defender afterwards and stiff arm out of it.

thats it exacltly, the game wasn't governed by animations that dictate the outcome of plays...momemtum and consecutive hit tackles did. i can't deny madden looks amazing when its paused...but 2k's engine still displays football better on the field in terms of blocking, ai, collision detection, and momemtum...thats proven.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:36 pm

if EA kept things in the game that worked well it would be better. if madden had the fundamental things that the 2k8 football game had 3 years ago.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:52 pm

bigbuddah wrote:if EA kept things in the game that worked well it would be better. if madden had the fundamental things that the 2k8 football game had 3 years ago.

And if Madden implemented the same features of the 2k games, they'd face a large lawsuit. Sad fact of society as it is today.

Lets look at an actual continuous game play of NFL2k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi5gBsnzZkw

You'll see things like Manning throwing down a blitzing defender, Edge breaking and pushing off tackles likes he's AP..... Thats the problem I have when people post videos about NFL 2k.... they cherry pick the good clips, and don't show a whole product.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:53 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:

thats it exacltly, the game wasn't governed by animations that dictate the outcome of plays...momemtum and consecutive hit tackles did. i can't deny madden looks amazing when its paused...but 2k's engine still displays football better on the field in terms of blocking, ai, collision detection, and momemtum...thats proven.

Actually all games are governed by the animations....

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:01 pm

same fundamental things in that video madden doesnt have. momentum...consecutive hits...blocking...pass rush...pocket formation

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:03 pm

Fr8trainShane wrote:
bigbuddah wrote:if EA kept things in the game that worked well it would be better. if madden had the fundamental things that the 2k8 football game had 3 years ago.

And if Madden implemented the same features of the 2k games, they'd face a large lawsuit. Sad fact of society as it is today.

Lets look at an actual continuous game play of NFL2k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi5gBsnzZkw

You'll see things like Manning throwing down a blitzing defender, Edge breaking and pushing off tackles likes he's AP..... Thats the problem I have when people post videos about NFL 2k.... they cherry pick the good clips, and don't show a whole product.

the point is to show EA what can be done right, and i honetly don't have a problem with a 5'9 corner missing an arm tackle vs 6'5 manning. 2k wasn't entirely governed by animations, momentum actually played a large factor. in madden it doesn't even exist, 1 tackle at a time please. we all know 2k is done, been done, not comin back...but if EA could implement the things they got right it would combine for a better experience for all of us ya know?
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:15 pm

Fr8trainShane wrote:
falconfansince81 wrote:

Actually all games are governed by the animations....
Wrong again Backbreaker has no recorded animations so you dont have guys getting tied into these long meaningless animations the euphoria engine just properly does what correct
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2