* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Ok There Has Got To Be Something Done About This 4 Down STuff....

+14
COsMiCTrAvO
bigbuddah
sam22smith
Fr8trainShane
bjcole26
mblammers
GREENERRRR
jmojsoski
surfnturf90
phantomshark
ezweightloss
Cheddah_Cheez
falconfansince81
BiLlDoZeR_27
18 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ok There Has Got To Be Something Done About This 4 Down STuff.... - Page 3 Empty Re: Ok There Has Got To Be Something Done About This 4 Down STuff....

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:06 pm

ezweightloss wrote:example different situations warrant different decisions for me. today i played delmas and had 4th and goal on his 2 yd line and kicked a field goal. going for it there would be consider more sim but to me it was not the most advantageous thing to do for me at that point. some decisions come back to haunt you and each coach (madden player) has to live with that.

Idk bro...you'd be hard pressed to find a coach who wouldn't take the points in that situation either. I've had some crazy aggressive coaches, in my time, and I can't remember a single time when they refused guaranteed points that early in the game. The most aggressive I've ever personally witnessed in a situation liek the ones you are describing is going for it 4th and 2 from the opponents 15 in the 2nd qtr tied 0-0...and that was because our RB was one of the best RBs in the state (Donald Brown, now plays for the Colts) and our kicker sucked ass. I'm just saying...it's a general rule of thumb for coaches that you take the guaranteed points in a tie game if you are within range. I know you're not a coach, but that's what coaches do..and you're supposed to be playing sim.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Ok There Has Got To Be Something Done About This 4 Down STuff.... - Page 3 Empty Re: Ok There Has Got To Be Something Done About This 4 Down STuff....

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:35 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:
ezweightloss wrote:example different situations warrant different decisions for me. today i played delmas and had 4th and goal on his 2 yd line and kicked a field goal. going for it there would be consider more sim but to me it was not the most advantageous thing to do for me at that point. some decisions come back to haunt you and each coach (madden player) has to live with that.

Idk bro...you'd be hard pressed to find a coach who wouldn't take the points in that situation either. I've had some crazy aggressive coaches, in my time, and I can't remember a single time when they refused guaranteed points that early in the game. The most aggressive I've ever personally witnessed in a situation liek the ones you are describing is going for it 4th and 2 from the opponents 15 in the 2nd qtr tied 0-0...and that was because our RB was one of the best RBs in the state (Donald Brown, now plays for the Colts) and our kicker sucked ass. I'm just saying...it's a general rule of thumb for coaches that you take the guaranteed points in a tie game if you are within range. I know you're not a coach, but that's what coaches do..and you're supposed to be playing sim.

Ding Ding Ding What do we have for Cheddah here Johnny?
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:16 am

i know im not gonna win an argument about this so i'm not even gonna try. it was one yard i was confident i could get it to set the tone of the game. that's it.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:39 am

ezweightloss wrote:i know im not gonna win an argument about this so i'm not even gonna try. it was one yard i was confident i could get it to set the tone of the game. that's it.

i thought it was 4? in the first quarter...in a tied game. there def isn't an argument because its a coach would never in his right mind do that from the 20 yard line. going for a 4th and goal from the 2 is again, probably a bad decision since both safeties can stack the box for the run. again, first quarter in a tied game i've never in my life seen a coach try to convert that 2 yards out. so in that case you DID do the sim move and kick the FG. maybe next time its a questionable call, go against your idea of a sim decision...like george on seinfeld, he said the opposite of things he'd never say to women and they all liked what he had to say lol. just sayin...not arguing the call anymore simply giving my opinion.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:56 am

falconfansince81 wrote:
ezweightloss wrote:i know im not gonna win an argument about this so i'm not even gonna try. it was one yard i was confident i could get it to set the tone of the game. that's it.

i thought it was 4? in the first quarter...in a tied game. there def isn't an argument because its a coach would never in his right mind do that from the 20 yard line. going for a 4th and goal from the 2 is again, probably a bad decision since both safeties can stack the box for the run. again, first quarter in a tied game i've never in my life seen a coach try to convert that 2 yards out. so in that case you DID do the sim move and kick the FG. maybe next time its a questionable call, go against your idea of a sim decision...like george on seinfeld, he said the opposite of things he'd never say to women and they all liked what he had to say lol. just sayin...not arguing the call anymore simply giving my opinion.

no it was 4th and 1, i stated this several times, and either way i know you don't agree with my call. so it doesn't matter too much anyways but im a risk taker what can i say.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:33 am

you can say it was unsim and apologize to bill for starters.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:45 am

falconfansince81 wrote:you can say it was unsim and apologize to bill for starters.

Falcon you don't have to say that. He feels he did nothing wrong. In my opinion he did but what does my opinion matter?
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:06 am

Fr8trainShane wrote:
GREENERRRR wrote:
btw - 11-1 in chedah lg - and i play the same way...

And we're all looking for a Full House FB glitch Smile trust us.

i am sure you are all looking for a full house glitch - but there isnt any!!!!! just smart power football - i run the ball - u know i am going to run - but u cant stop it - there is a certain level of satisfaction i get when guys bring 9-10 men in the box and still cant stop the run...

so if it gives your life meaning - keep looking for this facticous "full houe backfield" glitch - and when u find it - let me know...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:20 am

BiLlDoZeR_27 wrote:
falconfansince81 wrote:you can say it was unsim and apologize to bill for starters.

Falcon you don't have to say that. He feels he did nothing wrong. In my opinion he did but what does my opinion matter?

i am sorry to bill for what he took as disrespecting him. it was in no way personal or anything like that. bill knows i love him deep down Very Happy but what im not sry for is the gameplay factor of it.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Ok There Has Got To Be Something Done About This 4 Down STuff.... - Page 3 Empty RE:

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:32 am

surfnturf90 wrote:
ezweightloss wrote:thanks for leaving my name out bill. that was really classy and i appreciate it but i'll own up. but it was 4th and 1 on your 20, and it's fine i know ima take heat for owning up to this but it is what it is. ofcourse it's not something that you would see in the nfl but as far as i know you can go for it on 4th and 1 from anywhere on the field? idk if this changed?

It's not about trying to push your gameplay to the very edge of what fits within the SIM rules, its about trying to play a realistic game. It's not technically against the rules to go for that, but it is lame as hell in my opinion, I've never seen an NFL coach make that call.

I like Ez, but I would take the fg 100/100 times in that situation. So would 32 real life head coaches. The one thing I love is when people play within the spirit of the rules, not just within the wording of the rules. Stuff like that is why I hate playing lobby games.
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Ok There Has Got To Be Something Done About This 4 Down STuff.... - Page 3 Empty RE:

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:39 am

phantomshark wrote:
ezweightloss wrote:thanks for leaving my name out bill. that was really classy and i appreciate it but i'll own up. but it was 4th and 1 on your 20, and it's fine i know ima take heat for owning up to this but it is what it is. ofcourse it's not something that you would see in the nfl but as far as i know you can go for it on 4th and 1 from anywhere on the field? idk if this changed?
It's now you can go for 4th and anything on opponents side, but never on your own side except 4th quarter losing. I think.

SIM Rule #3 " If you are inside your 40 yard line and it's 4th and 1 or greater- YOU MUST PUNT THE BALL... UNLESS you are behind in the last 6 minutes of the game- the punt restriction is lifted..."

EZ didn't break this rule, just did something unSIM.
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:55 am

sam22smith wrote:BJ's situation was 4th and inches. 4th and inches on your opponents side of the field is not a sure fire FG/punt in the NFL. 4th and a full yard is a different story. But 4th and inches - you will see NFL coaches going for it. I don't think BJ's was that bad based on this.

Especially if it is a dicey fg attempt or with heavy wind in your face or even a laggy game (you know how that kick meter is ugly when it's laggy).
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:12 am

falconfansince81 wrote:

LOL Falcon! "If every instinct I have is wrong, I will do the exact opposite!"
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:59 am

Yea bro it's not the fact that he went for it on 4th it's when he went for it. I thought it was pretty piss poor to go for it on the first possession of the game bit what are you going to do about it. It's over and done with.
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:03 pm

No doubt bro. I wouldn't do it and wouldn't want it done to me but like you say it's over and done and EZ is a cool kid.
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:05 pm

COsMiCTrAvO wrote:No doubt bro. I wouldn't do it and wouldn't want it done to me but like you say it's over and done and EZ is a cool kid.

Yea EZ is a good kid and a hell of a madden player
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:16 pm

He is a very good player and gm as well.
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcnair2wycheck Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:04 pm

I'd say 4th and 1 in opposing territory is fine but anything more isn't, except maybe 4th and goal on the 2.

Mcnair2wycheck
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:45 pm

thanks cosmic and billy for your kind words. but i wouldn't have gone for if it was more than a yard. im not getting crazy here, and unrealistic decision? probably. unsim? maybe. aggressive? yes. i was just doing what i thought would give my team the best shot to win within the rules.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:01 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:even its its 4th and 1 he has to take the FG...the only reason he should go for it in that situation is if he's down 17+ in the 4th or maybe even up just a fg where a conversion would win the game. totally uncalled for...
+1
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:32 am

ezweightloss wrote:thanks cosmic and billy for your kind words. but i wouldn't have gone for if it was more than a yard. im not getting crazy here, and unrealistic decision? probably. unsim? maybe. aggressive? yes. i was just doing what i thought would give my team the best shot to win within the rules.

Thats the whole point of the thing is keeping it SIM. Winning isnt everything. Just ask me lol! I would rather be respected for being SIM than known as the best player but with questionable stuff hanging on me. That's just my personal view. Very Happy
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mjkight Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:33 am

I am way late i completely meant 2 get in on this couple days ago when my internet acted up but here goes nothin...

I skipped some of the post in between and im glad it seems as usual cooler heads have prevailed but i did feel bad for billy on this 1. EZ is a good player and billy is already in a posistion where he knows he will have 2 play great football for a win...what are we really about guys...are we about respecting the rules havin fun and just palyin realistic football...r are we just about finding a way 2 follow the rules and still push the realistic issue...on this topic i have a pretty strong opinion...

no disrespec ez but i dont think a team in history didnt take the 3 points on the first drive of the game from the 20. got 2 kick a fg in this situation...i mean i kno its hard...the other day im playin buddah a guy i would love 2 beat...first drive of the game...4th and 1 from the 2!!! I really wanted 2 go for it every part of me did but i went ahead and took the 3. Its hard but if i can do it then i know you can...i understand where billy is commin from on this 1!!

Mjkight
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:00 pm

Mjkight wrote:I am way late i completely meant 2 get in on this couple days ago when my internet acted up but here goes nothin...

I skipped some of the post in between and im glad it seems as usual cooler heads have prevailed but i did feel bad for billy on this 1. EZ is a good player and billy is already in a posistion where he knows he will have 2 play great football for a win...what are we really about guys...are we about respecting the rules havin fun and just palyin realistic football...r are we just about finding a way 2 follow the rules and still push the realistic issue...on this topic i have a pretty strong opinion...

no disrespec ez but i dont think a team in history didnt take the 3 points on the first drive of the game from the 20. got 2 kick a fg in this situation...i mean i kno its hard...the other day im playin buddah a guy i would love 2 beat...first drive of the game...4th and 1 from the 2!!! I really wanted 2 go for it every part of me did but i went ahead and took the 3. Its hard but if i can do it then i know you can...i understand where billy is commin from on this 1!!

I would kick there too Kight. As tempting as it can be to go for it from the 2, imagine the negative effects if you fail to convert and end up losing the game by 1-3 points!
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcnair2wycheck Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:48 pm

Mjkight wrote:I am way late i completely meant 2 get in on this couple days ago when my internet acted up but here goes nothin...

Actually the Chiefs did it on 4th and more than one inside the opposing 30 several times last season including in the 1st quarter against the Colts and Texans... I'd say that 4th and 1 in opposing territory should always be fair game as should 4th and goal at the 2.

Mcnair2wycheck
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:54 pm

Mcnair2wycheck wrote:

Not the first possession of the game

Actually the Chiefs did it on 4th and more than one inside the opposing 30 several times last season including in the 1st quarter against the Colts and Texans... I'd say that 4th and 1 in opposing territory should always be fair game as should 4th and goal at the 2.
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next