* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

I am at my WITS END - dont want to do this anymore!

+6
kavorka2
broadway_blitz
albundy4td1game
CharlieHustle
weasel_
GREENERRRR
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I am at my WITS END - dont want to do this anymore! Empty I am at my WITS END - dont want to do this anymore!

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:22 am

For the past couple weeks i have done my best to adjust to the prevailing SNAP ASAP tactic that is demonating our league (well at least is being done vs me virtually 100% of the time...) - but this kind of game brings ZERO ENJOYMENT to me!

I don't have the STICK SKILLS all you young guys have! I cant HIT STICK or MAKE USER PLAYS like the elite players can - BUT i do have over 20 years of football experience (playing intercollegiately and coaching highschool) I know the game - and i bring this experience to Madden as my fundamental advantage!

The type of madden i enjoy is the CHESS MATCH style of game... I enjoy formulating STRATEGY and trying to find weaknesses in my opponent (and hide my weaknesses) so i can gain advantage through PLAY CALLING!!! but this aspect of the game is DESTROYED simply by offensive players SNAPPING ASAP!

MADDEN DOES NOT HAVE THE COMPLEXITY for the defense to call the plays they want - they leave that for you to do with presnap adjustments... and if the offense snaps ASAP there is no way you can do 3 (maybe 4 adjustments....) and u have to be a keen BUTTON MASHER to get these adjustments in correct... - anymore changes then 3 or 4 - you simply do not have enough time!!!

lets take an example and see why you might need to do adjustments AND HOW MANY... vs a team with a scrambling QB like GRIFFEN -

1) u need to SPY him every play (and if u play someone with good stick skills u probably need 2 spies - but for arguement sake - lets say 1 adjustments - give the benefit of doubt...)

2) Its obvious passing down so u need GUESS PASS play...

3) He has been running slants all day to a particular WR so you need to move the CB over top of that player to inside shade...

4) Offense has been abusing the stretch so you need to shift OLB to a 9 technique to stop the outside run...

THATS ALL YOU HAVE TIME FOR - CANT DO ANYMORE!!!! - OFFFENSE HAS SNAPPED THE BALL!!!

*** THIS IS NOT AN UNREASONABLE AMOUNT OF BASIC PLAY CHANGES THAT NEED TO BE DONE MANUALLY (there is no plays that allow you to do these things!!!) - and i havent even got into wanting to try to do zone blitzes or change assignments in pass coverages!!!!! but snapping ASAP stops you from doing these very trivial things by simply SNAPPING ASAP!!!!

I have done my best to explain to everyone how i feel - Clearly the league believes that allowing the offense to SNAP ASAP is more critical then having the defense call the play THEY WANT TO CALL FROM THE HUDDLE...  - BUT FOR ME CALLING THE PLAY I WANT TO CALL - THAT BEST STOPS THE OFFENSE (taking away his strengths and hiding my weaknesses) is the play i want to call - and i simply cant call that play when the offense SNAPS ASAP - this in turn MAKE THE GAME ABSOLUTELY MISERABLE FOR ME TO PLAY! It takes away the primary enjoyment i have in madden which is trying to OUT-WIT my opponent...

Many of you are going to say that i feel this way because i have loss a few games - BUT THATS NOT THE CASE!!! Over the past few weeks i have won as many games as i have loss vs guys who SNAP ASAP - AND I HATED ALL THE GAMES VS THOSE PLAYERS EQUALLY (win or lose...) - so it has nothing to do with that!!!

Its simply about playing MADDEN HOW I WANT TOO!!! And i am not going to play in a league (and do hours and hours of extra commish work) to play a game I HATE!!!!

So from this point forward - if you want to play under the new rules which will be in place for my upcoming PS4 league (this will include waiting for 3 seconds once the line has been "set"...) THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO PLAY YOU IN THIS LEAGUE! (fyi - the 3 second rule is suspended if its the last 2 minutes of the half or if you behind 2 or more scores...)

If you dont want to play me under those rules - YOU WILL GET AN AUTO WIN - with stats that are way better then you would ever get if we played (even if you snapped asap against me!)

I will remain in the league in hope that people will understand what i am saying AND MEET ME HALF WAY - but i wont continue playing games that i despise playing (that makes zero sense...)

So go ahead - let the JOKES fly! Go ahead send the insults my way!!! Its all good! but i am not going to give my time to games (and to a league) where i hate playing!!!

Hopefully someone will step forward and do all the extra commish work i have been doing - because from this point forward i will be doing the bare minimum... I will advance when i am expected too but I wont be:

- sending out PLAY YOUR GAME MESSAGES to individuals who havent played their games on days of advance...

- sending out WE HAVE ADVANCED MESSAGES so guys know to when they can start playing their next weeks games...

- sending out PLAY THE CPU messages to guys who have met the criteria of playing the CPU...

- sending out OFFSEASON SCHEDULES and hand holding players hands through the various offseason stages...

- sending "SPECIAL MESSAGES" to players who do not respond to their opponent game inquiries...

I could go on and on.. (I spend over an hour each week sending people messages...)

* I know people may criticize me for this... BUT WHY SHOULD I DO THIS IN A LEAGUE WHERE I LITERALLY HATE PLAYING MY GAMES?

WOULD YOU?
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

I am at my WITS END - dont want to do this anymore! Empty Re: I am at my WITS END - dont want to do this anymore!

Post by weasel_ Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:53 am

Becauaet his league has even established for a number of years and had hardly any turnover from last year that's why you continue to do this. Because honestly with all that advanced knowledge you are now outsmarting yourself and ten way to point the finger and blame the rest of us. The bottom line is this. This attemp here to play to our sympathy and literally asks guys to curb there gameplay because you have flaws in your is obnoxious. I've practiced as had to re memorize all the pre snap adjustments this year to be as fast as I was last year. I had to also re learn and practice calling audibles on defense. We all had to also learn to use an extra button this year to do juke moves. There are a ton of tactics I hate but unlike you I would never NEVER broadcast them for he whole league to know. That would put me at a grave dissadvantage. You know Sunday night the colts opened the roof for the broncos game specifically because Peyton Manning doesn't like playing with the roof open. It's called gamamship greener. You have to learn to be a better sportsman bro seriously. Ain't nothing wrong in sprouts doing something thy your opponent hates to get under there skin. I've begged you before to separate you as the comish and you as the owner because I'm this instance right here you as the comish are drastically affecting the league now because you as the owner are upset with the game play.

No base play should take 8 adjustments pre snap that's not a base play that's a special specific play thy can only be used ice in a while. In running downs you should be calling more generic plays. In passing downs you have more time to change plays because the offense is doing the same. Assume the offense has jut as much time to change things as you do man. Only reason to stand under center former then a second or two is to change the play. When I change the play guess what happens? Ou have more time to change your play. Take more responsibility for your own actions and play calling and the result of the play rather then just calling people lucky, cheap or cheese. Man up bro you better then this. This is a pathetic cry for mercy. Sop it man you are a grown ass man . Man up and play defense. Figure something out. Google " how to stop quick snaps in madden". Or how to call pre snap adjustments better or figure out a real base defense ou can call multiple plays from. This is jnexceptable behavior coming from the comish!

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

I am at my WITS END - dont want to do this anymore! Empty Re: I am at my WITS END - dont want to do this anymore!

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:43 am

weasel_ wrote:This attemp here to play to our sympathy and literally asks guys to curb there gameplay because you have flaws in your is obnoxious.
I am not asking anyone to give me less then their BEST GAME - what i am asking is to do is SIMPLY ALLOW ME TO CALL THE PLAYS I WANTED TO CALL FROM THE HUDDLE and not be glitched out of running a half backed play because some guy wants to SNAP ASAP for the soul purpose of screwing with my play call!!!

Their is NO LEGIT VALUE in snapping ASAP for the offense! The only value is so the defense cant call even a very BASIC play that they want to call!

weasel_ wrote: I've practiced as had to re memorize all the pre snap adjustments this year to be as fast as I was last year.
its IMPOSSIBLE to be fast enough to call the number of adjustmenst i want to call if players snap ASAP - Vs a "top" player with a scrambling QB i will make 6 to 8 adjustments each defensive play - Maybe you dont have the football IQ to understand what i am doing - but there is a reason...

if the offense can simply nullify my football IQ by SNAPPING ASAP, this makes the game ZERO FUN FOR ME! Why would anyone play a game they hate?

weasel_ wrote:I've begged you before to separate you as the comish and you as the owner because I'm this instance right here you as the comish are drastically affecting the league now because you as the owner are upset with the game play.  
If i wasnt the commish - and didnt have so much time invested in this league - I WOULD HAVE QUIT WEEKS AGO!

You have a lot of nerve telling me that I HAVE TO PUT UP WITH A GAME I HATE! I know dam well you wouldnt!

I could be a total dick and just disbain the league - BUT I HAVE TOO MUCH RESPECT FOR EVERYONE TO DO THAT - I am hopeful we can still come to an understanding or SOMEONE ELSE WILL STEP UP AND DO THE THINGS I HAVE DONE IN THE PAST!!!

but your nuts if you think anyone would continue TORTURING THEMSELVES by playing a game they HATE just to be a commish of a league... pls... I have better things to do with my time then make a terrific league WHERE I HATE THE GAMEPLAY and ultimately get zero enjoyment from playing!

weasel_ wrote:No base play should take 8 adjustments pre snap that's not a base play that's a special specific play thy can only be used ice in a while.  In running downs you should be calling more generic plays.
who are you to say that? I should be able to call the play i want to call... Maybe i am DEAD WRONG - but thats my mistake to make...

If you dont want to play me STRAIGHT UP - where i get to call my defensive plays, NP! Take your auto win and free stats!

weasel_ wrote:This is jnexceptable behavior coming from the comish
Your unreal weasel! You literally changed your screen name on our TEXTPLUS system to "QUICK SNAP THESE NUTS IN YOUR MOUTH" and your talking about inexcusable behavour? WOW!

I dont want to be a commish of a league i HATE PLAYING IN!

If players want to play me under my terms - GREAT!!!! If not they get a free win!!! There is no downside to anyone - If your cool with the 3 second rule, we will have a fun game!! If your not, you will get the WIN and more stats (which leads to more XP) then you would get if we played!

But the new PS4 league things will be different - Only join if your going to respect defensive play calling...

From my perspective we are so far from playing SIM its insane - SNAPPING ASAP is not tolerated in many SIM leagues - in fact most SIM leagues dont even need to make such a rule because such tatcics are UNDERSTOOD AS GLITCHY and JUST ARE NOT DONE!!!

We are really a league of FREESTYLERS with a 4th down PUNT RULE - its getting bad....

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:50 am; edited 3 times in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieHustle Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:55 am

As I told you before, greenerrr. Your problems are related to the sliders... If the sliders were adjusted better, it wouldn't matter if they quick snapped it or not, because good defensive players would make the plays they'd normally make.

Pass accuracy is at 13?? (Which has no effect on those who throw quick-passes to wrs before they break into their routes.)
Pass coverage is at 15??
Pass defense reaction time is at 40, yet interceptions are at 50??
WR catching is at 50?? (Did I mention pass coverage is at 15??)
Injuries are at 12??
Face mask is at 2??

Looks to me like all y'all did was adjust the sliders to slow down the run game, but all other adjustments are severely flawed.
CharlieHustle
CharlieHustle
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:59 am

CharlieHustle wrote:As I told you before, greenerrr. Your problems are related to the sliders... If the sliders were adjusted better, it wouldn't matter if they quick snapped it or not, because good defensive players would make the plays they'd normally make.

Pass accuracy is at 13?? (Which has no effect on those who throw quick-passes to wrs before they break into their routes.)
Pass coverage is at 15??
Pass defense reaction time is at 40, yet interceptions are at 50??
WR catching is at 50?? (Did I mention pass coverage is at 15??)
Injuries are at 12??
Face mask is at 2??

Looks to me like all y'all did was adjust the sliders to slow down the run game, but all other adjustments are severely flawed.

ohhh CHarlie - i love your perseverance!!! You have been on SLIDERS for a while now!

but my issue has nothing to do with SLIDERS! I know exactly what play will stop virtually any offensive tactic - I JUST NEED TO BE ABLE TO CALL THE PLAY I WANTED TO CALL FROM THE HUDDLE!!!

Guys who snap asap just DUMB THE GAME DOWN!!! They dont want to play a real game of strategy!!! (and thats fine - but not in a SIM league...)
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieHustle Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:23 am

You're missing the point... If the defensive AI was harder to beat with the quick snap in player games, you wouldn't need to make all of those adjustments prior to the snap.

In the NFL, the advantage goes to the offense with the qb making adjustments at the line of scrimmage, not by snapping the ball as soon as they get to the line, because there's no guarantee that specific plays will work against certain formations. They don't know how the defense is going to react when the ball is snapped... Do you follow me??
CharlieHustle
CharlieHustle
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:04 am

Yea I tell him te same exact thing!!! Sometime I snap the ball and my play is stuffed immediately because isomer know what defense you are in. It's give and take. I tried to explain if I take more time then you have more time too and that's when you can set up your money defensive play. But if I can be quick and you are allowing me to do so then that on you. There plenty of guys who defend the quick snap stuff well. He doesn't know how so now it's illegal. It's silly man. Bunch of free style players with a 4th down rule? Mr sim over here with the 3 WRs with 20 catches each last year I'm a CPU game. Come on man

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:41 am

weasel_ wrote:I tried to explain if I take more time then you have more time too and that's when you can set up your money defensive play
These are not money plays I am setting up! These are just BASE plays I want to call from the huddle but by snapping ASAP you prevent me from doing this!

It's not like I making a presnap read - these are changes I would do REGARDLESS of where and how the offensive personnel would line up...

weasel_ wrote:   There plenty of guys who defend the quick snap stuff well.  

None of this about defending the quick snap - my point IS THAT I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DEFEND THE QUICK SNAP!

By snapping ASAP you take away the main attraction I have in playing Maddden which is the CHESS MATCH between players - if the main reason why I play Maddden is eliminated from the game, I DON'T WANT TO PLAY!

weasel_ wrote:Mr sim over here with the 3 WRs with 20 catches each last year I'm a CPU game.
This is the second time you mentioned this but what you failed to mention is the week before you scored 10 TDs with your RB and ran for over 400 yards!

I created stat max the week after - AND I NEVER BROKE THE ACCEPTED STANDARD... You keep mentioning this like it was a bad thing that I got the stats vs the CPU - and unlike you I NEVER RUN STATS UP ON A HUMAN OPPONENT - plus you forgot to mention the guys who quit the league (& threatened to quick the league because you were the asshole who would run stats up on them when you already had the gm won!)

Then the amazing thing is that I GET SOME XP IN RETURN THE FOLLOWING GAME WITH 25 CATCHES AND YOU BITCH! Wtf is up with your 10 TDs with 1 player???? You were just jealous that you couldn't get that many catches with one WR (we all know you tried) - you had many games with 13 to 16 completions and 4 or 5 picks (which the picks were unlike you so clearly you were forcing passes to that WR...) - bottom line you couldn't make that many completions so you whine about those who can! (Typical weasel move)

GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:56 am

Because dude I earned the 10 Tds vs a competent human opponent you glitched the CPU then brag like you got some great skill at the game. BOUNCE!

YOU HAVE 10 seconds to call the play you want in the huddle and 3 seconds to make changes when I get to the line before I'm in position to snap the ball! What don't you understand? Te game is fine there are over 400 defensive plays available to call. I refuse to believe you can't find a better play to call before the huddle breaks that is closer to what you are trying to all. Dude if they don't have they play that you want the tuff luck bro! Again that's you YOU OVER PLAYING THE GAME AND AAKIMG IT TO DO THINGS It can't do! Why can't you call another defense ? Why can't you play the game like anyone else ? Why sit atop this obnoxious high horse you so and look down your nose at us ? You acting like a brat man! MAN UP!!!!

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by albundy4td1game Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:11 pm

So I would like to add my two cents to this convo. I don't full understand how you cant call the defensive play you want. There are custom play books in madden? you can have up to 400 plays in your defensive play book no? so from those 400 plays you can't find the one you want to call? or is it you are making adjustments on a specific defensive play/formation over and over? For your example against a scrambling quarterback you say you need to change someone to QB spy and change your defense line to wide 9 technique. Instead of doing this manually can't you call a qb spy play from the wide 9 formation? then you wouldn't have to manually change these things. We all have the same options and plays on defense to select from to create our custom playbook. If the entire game doesn't have a play you want... well I don't know what to tell you there... it is a video game. I guess you just know so much more about football then all of us and you need to make 50 adjustments to a standard football play to make it work... Also a point I would like to make is that you love to load your team with young players and rookies.. Which is a great strategy except most young players lack awareness, play recognition, pursuit etc... I am sure in real life before the ball is snapped a coach would love to walk on the field and explain to all his young players their assignment and what they should do because they lack the ability to hold their own versus crafty vets but you can't. To bring up "sim" in this conversation is silly... Then on top of all that you run a triple option... and when we played I had the same 8 secs as you came to the line to redo all my defensive assignments to stop this play before you snapped... You even started running hurry up so I had less time to call out my adjustments.... that's very hypocritical if you ask me.. Also you like to use the hurry up tactic if you caught me in a formation that was mismatch... keeping my mismatched formation on the field.. that is a great tactic... but its also not allowing me to call the defense I want.. So since I cant call defense I want how is this any different? The bottom line is we all can call any defensive play that is in the game.... Any changes beyond that is up to your user ability... You are really sounding like that kid who doesn't like how the game is going so takes his ball and goes home bro.. I got a lot of respect for you running this league and all the work and effort you put into the game... I like most of the rules.. I disagree with a few but I still follow them... But now your getting out of control in my opinion.. In our game I maybe quick snapped it a few times.. and honestly its not intentional... When I run the ball I get in a flow... and I am not trying to disrupt my flow to help you... Also if you know someone is quick snapping why not use that to your advantage and time their snap count.. Instead of worrying about your adjustments... call a reg play or blitz.. and rush with your linebacker and blow the play up... I mean you know when they are going to snap the ball... since they snap once you get to the line... But if youe process is ohh I am going to take my line backer here out of position leaving a gaping hole in the middle of the field... why would I wait for you to then move other guys around to correct the GIANT HOLE that now exist in your front 7? I mean your a football guy... you know damn well this would never happen in real life.. This game is pretty deep in what you can do.. so if your plays need 8 adjsutments pre snap my guess is your trying to do something that is your personal style... trying to set up some BS defense you have discovered works... Maybe I am wrong but I don't hear anyone else having the same issues that you do.. If you know football like you say you do.. there is a base play in madden to stop any offensive play without any adjustments.. and if 1-3 adjustments are needed to fix said play you have the time to do that.. but to say I have to wait is silly.. if you come out in the wrong defense to my run play.. and I see open field of course I am going to snap the ball.. not wait for you to see I am in a play your not ready for and adjust... I mean I mind as well just tell you the play I am running then.. You say the only benefit is to beat the defense.. but isn't that the point of football? Catch someone who isn't prepared for what your trying to execute? Also back to your example.. You cant always cover every option on the play.. This is why a running qb is so advantageous. So if you change one guys assignment... it leaves a hole somewhere else... So now you gotta change guy # 2 assignment to fix the hole left by guy #1 and now you gotta change guy#3 assignment to fix hole left by guy #2 and so on... and using pass guess... don't even get me started... you call people cheap but use pass guess.. you outlaw gap guess but pass guess is ok?? Just play ball bro...

albundy4td1game
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:30 pm

Well that's how you knock people out in boxing. Or hit a Home run in baseball. Score a goal on soccer. Score a goal in hockey. Win a distance race etc.... This is pretty simple gamesmanship. Greener you are handicapping the game now. This isn't a glitch or bad programming. It's you throwing a tantrum because you can't create our own plays except for when you line up at the line of scrimmage. If I can do this when I'm down 2 scores or in the 2 min drill why can't I run te offense i want to avoid going down 2 scores? So should I just spot you 10 points the next time we play? Is that what you need? A 10 point handicap? You need a crutch to play madden now ?

What's your career high school coaching record? Just wondering

You keep calling quick snap a glitch because you can't call the defense you want in the huddle. Why can't you come to the realization that what you are trying to call is not a good strategy. You can't execute the play in time so it's useless. More often then not you are caught out of position. THAT'S YOUR OWN FAULT !!!! You are responsible for lining up your team. You only have a few seconds before the offense is set up and ready to snap the ball. Why can't you just accept this simple truth and adjust to the game ? How absurd, obnoxious and idiotic is it to ask the game to adjust to you.

ON ANOTHER NOTE! Stop with the cry baby stuff booting me out of the group chat last night while we were in te middle of debating this topic. Greener has one owner on this whole entire web site not just your league agreed with you in this respect? Didn't we vote on this last year? Cut it out with this communist bulkshit. This is America!!!! Land of the free and home of the brave! Ain't no crying In football son! Formulate a better defensive game plan. Te less moves you can make pre snap the better. Work smarter not harder and stop trying to bully the league to get your way. GROW UP

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:07 pm

weasel_ wrote:Because dude I earned the 10 Tds vs a competent human opponent
What a load of bs this is!!! Competent Opponent my ass!!! Clearly you were playing someone who was WORSE the the CPU and just being an ASSHOLe BY RUNNING THE SCORE UP ON THEM!!!

We qall played weak players - I COULD HAVE POUNDED THESE PLAYERS WITH 10 TDS TOO - but i have too much respect for people to do that!!! Instead i do it vs a CPU who cant complain (and thats only to keep up with the INSANE XP that you were earning vs weaker opponents - (AND BEING A HUGE DICK DOING IT TOO!!!)

weasel_ wrote: Te game is fine there are over 400 defensive plays available to call. I refuse to believe you can't find a better play to call before the huddle breaks that is closer to what you are trying to all. Dude if they don't have they play that you want the tuff luck bro!

its NOT TUFF LUCK - the game is made to make adjustments SO U CAN CALL THE PLAY YOU WANT - snapping asap just takes that opportunity away - AND IN TURN THAT DUMBS DOWN THE GAME CONSIDE4RABLY!

weasel_ wrote: Why can't you call another defense ? Why can't you play the game like anyone else ? Why sit atop this obnoxious high horse you so and look down your nose at us ? You acting like a brat man!
1. i dont want to call another defense - I WANT TO CALL THE DEFENSE THAT I THINK (right or wrong) that will stop the offense - Using SNAP ASAP prevents that and its huge BS!

2. I dont want to play the game "like everyone else" - Its my decision (right or wrong) to call p-lays like i see fit!!!

3. I am not on "high horse" - I am no better then anyone... BUT THIS IS A 2 WAY STREET - i just want to be able to call the play i want to call - LIKE EVERY DEFENSE IN THE HISTORY OF THE GAME IS ABLE TO DO!!!

GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:44 pm

But it's not available in the playbook so what you are trying to do is a special play designed by you. In madden we are not allowed to create out own plays yet just the playbooks so we have to use why they provide. You are putting your team out of position by trying to design a custom play. That's your choice and there are positives and negatives as a result. Positive result is if you can actually get it off ou are set on defense. The negative side is that it takes to long to set up. The onus is in you to be faster not the offense to be slower and again I would be doing t team a hue disservice if I allowed you to so so. Furthermore with the knowledge we all now have that you are struggling to defend the quick snap it would be further insulting to myself and my team to not exploit your blarinomg weeknes and take advantage of it. This is very basic gamemanship stuff you learn when you start playing organized sports at the age of what 6? This is elementary stuff.

I have a book for you to read

The art of war by general Sun Tsu. This is a must read for you right now. Must read!!!! Please lookit up greener it will open your eyes to how to engage your opponent. Come back to the light greener we miss you

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by broadway_blitz Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:06 pm

I usually don't get on these threads but this one is a Must >>>

First off I have to say Greenerr, You have run the best league i have been in for the last year and half, i think you do an outstanding job managing people and scheduling the league as a whole.

BUT >> Since half way thru last season there has been a change totally related to the XP system now in place and with that Green you have become OBSESSED with STATS and how much XP you get. Its really gross.... ALso the texting while playing is really obnoxious, I don't text anybody when i play nor do i expect any texts until the game is over where we say GG or nice play... But with Greener its a dis-credit to the other players WIN which is again GROSS..

Regarding the rules or 'Quick Snap' - both players/users play O & D so if you don't like it then its to bad, everyone i have played does it maybe on purpose maybe its just going with the flow of the game... IDK but its the players choice when to snap..

Just seems since mid-way thru last year there is always a rule after a loss and everyone is wrong and Greener is right..
Nobody has worked as hard as me to get better in this game, and everytime I play Green i feel like quitting cause he is just to much, i got a wife and a full time job i don't need to hear or read 48 texts in 2minutes why i'm not allowed to call a Run play or i have to wait for You to set up your D, Shit nobody waits for Me

With all that - I got Love for GReenerr - he's a good dude and a great Commish

broadway_blitz

Back to top Go down

Post by kavorka2 Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:12 pm

man, its tiring to hear SO many complaints about SLIDERS and even quick snap.

It looks like people are trying to make adjustments TO THE GAME (sliders) instead of people trying to make adjustments in the way they make calls and play the game. People were having crazy stats running the ball, well , maybe the people they played didn't know how to stop the run! sure, I had the same problems stopping the run, but I've made adjustments and have had fairly decent success. INSTEAD, you guys just want to fix the sliders and have it made easier.

Greener, you want to stop the outside run? put five guys on the line, play cover 2 and blitz a guy if you want. Seriously... I have a big issue with the SLIDERS being adjusted. You're a "chess king" and a "strategist" , well then figure out what defense to call and you might only need to make 2-3 adjustments to play solid defense. No need to be screwing around with the game sliders to help you make it easier.

And the quick snap. I'm not a big fan of it either, but I certainly don't think it should be "illegal". Should defenses in the NFL be asking PEYTON if he can 'hold up a second'? c'mon man. 1) man up 2) figure out what defenses you can call, and only make 1-3 adjusments manually (should be way more than enough, especially if you are a strategist and have semi-good skills). The only time I quick snap, is when people start moving around the defensive line and linebackers all over the place to get an advantage. You're gona tell me I cant quick snap like that? c'mon man

kavorka2
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by kavorka2 Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:14 pm

p.s I agree with what BroadwayBlitz has mentioned.

Also, art of war- great book

kavorka2
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by albundy4td1game Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:24 pm

I think all these posts are good... Broadway.. I completely agree about the texts during the game.. I am trying to focus on what I am doing and my phone going off. I am also a grown man not married yet (but do have a live in gf) and a full time job. This is just a video game. I understand greeners point.. But there are ways around it. As everyone has said find better plays to call, if certain plays don't work for you because of your players or schemes and u need to change them then find plays that do work. We all face these same problems so how come the rest of us can handle it. Stack the box... they will call adjustments on offense... this will give you more time.. Come out in different formations and plays make the offense analyze your defense to buy you more time... attack the quick snap... if they do it every play anticipate and and jump the snap count.. Get more aware players with better play recognition and pursuit (have you looked at your LBs yea they are fast. but what else) Focus on the main adjustments you need to get done and worry about the other ones only if you have time. Like we all do these things and deal with them..

albundy4td1game
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:42 pm

This poor man has Ero supporters for this argument. FALL IN LINE GREENER! Listen to the voice of your peers and fellow competitors!!!

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddening isn't it? Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:51 pm

If I come out and see the D# is weak where I want to go, I'm snapping asap. If not I adjust my play call. I see zero reason to wait for the D#. Nobody waits for me nor do I expect them to. Tillman certainly didn't wait for me while he was running his no huddle O# and that is why he is the champ.

Maddening isn't it?
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:52 pm

albundy4td1game wrote:For your example against a scrambling quarterback you say you need to change someone to QB spy and change your defense line to wide 9 technique. Instead of doing this manually can't you call a qb spy play from the wide 9 formation?
1st: There is rarely a STOCK MASDDEN PLAY that is perfect for the the situation I want to call - and wide 9 formation is the same - If the play has SPY players - they arent the right players i want to be spying!!! If the play has the right combo of BLITZ i like - they dont have the coverage i want...

I want to call the play THAT I THINK WILL BEST ALLOW ME TO SUCCEED - if i am wrong thats on me - BUT ITS TOTAL BS IF I CANT CALL THE PLAY I WANTED TO CALL FROM THE HUDDLE - and makes the game miserable for me to play...

2: (and just an fyi) - The entire DL cant be in 9 technique - its a specific technique for 1 player to play DL - It tells him where to line up and what his actions will be after the snap (u cant tell the entire DL to play 9 technique! Thtas because there is only 2 specific spots on the field where you can play 9 technique - and thats outside shade of Offensive tackle...)

albundy4td1game wrote:We all have the same options and plays on defense to select from to create our custom playbook. If the entire game doesn't have a play you want... well I don't know what to tell you there...
The game is DESIGNED so the defense can ADJUST PLAYS BEORE THE SNAP - it doesnt have the syphistaction to allow the infinite combination of plays that you could call on defense but that doesnt mean the offense should be allowed to SNAP ASAP to stop the defense from calling the play they want to call!!!

Maybe i am wrong about making all these changes - but thats my decision to make and its total BS to have the offense GLITCH the game so the defense cant call the play they wanted to call from the huddle!

albundy4td1game wrote:I guess you just know so much more about football then all of us and you need to make 50 adjustments to a standard football play to make it work...
I have worked hard and spent YEARS developing football knowledge... I am not going to appologize for that!!!

If you had great HITSTICK - how woulkd u feel if the offense could do something to prevent you from using that skill you developed??? Thats the same for me when calling the plays i want to call!

Maybe i am wrong - but if thats the case its my decision to make and the offense shouldnt be able nullify my play calling simply by SNAPPING ASAP

albundy4td1game wrote: Which is a great strategy except most young players lack awareness, play recognition, pursuit etc...
I challenge you to find a player on my team that is a starter with LOW AWARENESS or PRC (under 50...) - not the case...

albundy4td1game wrote:Instead of worrying about your adjustments... call a reg play or blitz.. and rush with your linebacker and blow the play up... I mean you know when they are going to snap the ball...
Great strategy but not how i want to play - I ENJOY THE CHESS MATCH ASPECT OF THE GAME - i want to call the play that best defeats the offense - and by snapping asap you dont allow me to do that - AND THATS TOTAL BS IN MY EYES - because in real life those players wouldnt need adjustments they would just go to (and do...) their assignment as directed by me!

albundy4td1game wrote:But if youe process is ohh I am going to take my line backer here out of position leaving a gaping hole in the middle of the field... why would I wait for you to then move other guys around to correct the GIANT HOLE that now exist in your front 7?
There would be no hole if i could call the play i wanted to call!

You dont snap asap BECAUSE U WANT TO FACE MY LEGIT DEFENSE! You do this because you have respect for the game and want to face my best game - (if u want to glitch for an advantage - u simply snap asap - and then i chose not to play you!)

albundy4td1game wrote:This game is pretty deep in what you can do.. so if your plays need 8 adjsutments pre snap my guess is your trying to do something that is your personal style... trying to set up some BS defense you have discovered works...
LOL - i have nothing up my sleave - I just use my Football knowledge to give me the best chance to succeed - maybe i am right - maybe i am wrong... but i wont play anyone who wont allow me to at the very least CALL THE BASE PLAY that i want to call on defense!

albundy4td1game wrote: You say the only benefit is to beat the defense.. but isn't that the point of football?
No its not BECAUSE IN REAL LIFE - THIS PROBLEM DOESNT EXIST!

sNAPPING ASAP IS A CLEAR GLITCH BECAUSE IT adds no value to your offensive play - AND ITS ONLY DONE TO PREVENT THE DEFENSE FROM CALLING THE PLAY THEY WANT TO CALL- there is simply no other reason to do it!!!

albundy4td1game wrote: you call people cheap but use pass guess.. you outlaw gap guess but pass guess is ok??
Gap Guess is explained in detail why its outlawed... and i am even willing to look at this again this year - I have seen in practice that the DL movement isnt exagerated like last year...

and i cant believe your dogging PASS GUESS - its the only defense to PLAY ACTIOn - clowns call play action is situations where the defense knows its 100% pass! or vs a team that has not established the run!  Why should the defense bite on that BS? - Your insane to bad mouth PASS GUESS!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by kavorka2 Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:53 pm

One more thing Green- Weasel might be right in saying that you are OVER thinking everything. It's like you want to stop every single possible WR route (slant, curl, post, streak, comeback, out, etc.) or run with just one play. not gona happen man, and not realistic. just makes you more vulnerable actually. And if the offense somehow makes a play, its BS in your mind.

kavorka2
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:54 pm

weasel_ wrote:This poor man has Ero supporters for this argument.    FALL IN LINE GREENER!   Listen to the voice of your peers and fellow competitors!!!  
i didnt make this thread to win a popularity contest!

Bottom line i hate the way guys are playing me - AND I AM NOT GOING TO PLAY VS GUYS WHO PLAY LIKE THAT - and i am not going to put extra effort in as commish for a league that wont allow me to call the play i want to call on defense.... someone else can do the extra work...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by kavorka2 Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:02 pm

dude, seriously, you're saying Tom Brady "glitched" his opponent this weekend by snapping the ball quickly? snapping the ball when the QB gets to the line, is NOT a glitch, it's an optional preference.
glitch is something like the nano-blitz from years past, where it was pretty much AI BS and couldn't be stopped. don't give this "quick snap" the wrong name.

kavorka2
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by albundy4td1game Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:20 pm

greener wrote:2: (and just an fyi) - The entire DL cant be in 9 technique - its a specific technique for 1 player to play DL - It tells him where to line up and what his actions will be after the snap (u cant tell the entire DL to play 9 technique! Thtas because there is only 2 specific spots on the field where you can play 9 technique - and thats outside shade of Offensive tackle...)
That's why you play the wide 9 formation.. To put the end in 9 technique.. Hence why its called a wide 9 formation

greener wrote:The game is DESIGNED so the defense can ADJUST PLAYS BEORE THE SNAP - it doesnt have the syphistaction to allow the infinite combination of plays that you could call on defense but that doesnt mean the offense should be allowed to SNAP ASAP to stop the defense from calling the play they want to call!!!
Neither does real football Greener. Adjustments are made on every play.. Ever watch a middle linebacker call out things? And guess what if the adjustments aren't done in time he cant yell across to the QB to wait till he finishes.

Well if you know so much why cant you call the proper play to begin with from the selection available? Would you hand your players a playbook and then not run the plays in the playbook but other ones you like more?

greener wrote:If you had great HITSTICK - how woulkd u feel if the offense could do something to prevent you from using that skill you developed??? Thats the same for me when calling the plays i want to call!
So since I am good at hit stick I have a new rule.. You can't run passed my player until I am ready to use the hit stick... Sound good? Its unfair for you to execute your play without me having a chance to use my hitstick..

greener wrote:
albundy4td1game wrote: Which is a great strategy except most young players lack awareness, play recognition, pursuit etc...
I challenge you to find a player on my team that is a starter with LOW AWARENESS or PRC (under 50...) - not the case...
Since when is Over 50 good in any category... Most of my players have 75-85 in all these categories and seem to do what they are suppose to... Would being a 58 catch be good for a WR? then why would 58 awareness or PRC be good for a defender.. Dumb point..

greener wrote:Great strategy but not how i want to play - I ENJOY THE CHESS MATCH ASPECT OF THE GAME - i want to call the play that best defeats the offense - and by snapping asap you dont allow me to do that - AND THATS TOTAL BS IN MY EYES - because in real life those players wouldnt need adjustments they would just go to (and do...) their assignment as directed by me!
So now the offense has to cater to how you want to play defense? how does that make sense?

greener wrote:There would be no hole if i could call the play i wanted to call!
You made it clear you cant call the non existient pretend custom play you made up in your head with all your knowledge.. Call the closest thing to it and learn to play the game.. If you were coaching and you couldn't get your team to execute a play properly you would just sit down and cry until the other team let you??

greener wrote:You dont snap asap BECAUSE U WANT TO FACE MY LEGIT DEFENSE! You do this because you have respect for the game and want to face my best game - (if u want to glitch for an advantage - u simply snap asap - and then i chose not to play you!)
By forcing me to wait and allow you to adjust to the play I just called your not facing my Legit Offense..

greener wrote:LOL - i have nothing up my sleave - I just use my Football knowledge to give me the best chance to succeed - maybe i am right - maybe i am wrong... but i wont play anyone who wont allow me to at the very least CALL THE BASE PLAY that i want to call on defense!
Your allowed to call your base play!!! you call it in the huddle!!! every other adjustment is just that an adjustment to your base play!!!

greener wrote:No its not BECAUSE IN REAL LIFE - THIS PROBLEM DOESNT EXIST!

Then explain to me blown coverages? Guys out of position? Too many men on field penalties? confusion on defense etc?

greener wrote:sNAPPING ASAP IS A CLEAR GLITCH BECAUSE IT adds no value to your offensive play - AND ITS ONLY DONE TO PREVENT THE DEFENSE FROM CALLING THE PLAY THEY WANT TO CALL- there is simply no other reason to do it!!!
Of course there is value added... Its called catching the defense off guard balanced the exact thing your complaining about??

albundy4td1game wrote: you call people cheap but use pass guess.. you outlaw gap guess but pass guess is ok??
Gap Guess is explained in detail why its outlawed... and i am even willing to look at this again this year - I have seen in practice that the DL movement isnt exagerated like last year...

and i cant believe your dogging PASS GUESS - its the only defense to PLAY ACTIOn - clowns call play action is situations where the defense knows its 100% pass! or vs a team that has not established the run!  Why should the defense bite on that BS? - Your insane to bad mouth PASS GUESS!

I have never used it so I don't know the benefits it has.. Like korvaka said your trying to cover every possible play... A game is not a chess match if your covering all aspects... What makes a game a chess match is matching the correct defense to the play being run.. Not matching a base defense with all these adjustments to cover every possible option...

Last edited by albundy4td1game on Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

albundy4td1game
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by RIPxPatTillman40 Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:23 pm

pass guess is completely different thn gap guess, although i noticed tht gap guess isnt as effective as last yr, as greener stated it the only thing tht stops PA because if u blitz on any PA pass this yr without pass committing thn ur blitzers will tackle HB almost everytime n leave QB untouched

RIPxPatTillman40
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next