* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

I am at my WITS END - dont want to do this anymore!

+6
kavorka2
broadway_blitz
albundy4td1game
CharlieHustle
weasel_
GREENERRRR
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

I am at my WITS END - dont want to do this anymore! - Page 3 Empty Re: I am at my WITS END - dont want to do this anymore!

Post by GREENERRRR Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:49 pm

albundy4td1game wrote:For the last time you are calling your base defense... The adjustments your making is not a base defense.
You are so wrong - ANY PLY I WANT TO CALL FROM THE HUDDLE (with adjustments...) IS A BASE DEFENSE!!! The plays that madden gives you (wihout any adjustments are STOCK MADDEN PLAYS! - and almost 90% of the time they are not what i want to call!!!!

albundy4td1game wrote:They have given you the minimal plays to call... Your trying to call elaborate schemes and personal assignments for specific players that's not a base defense
again your totally WRONG - like your discription of the DL entire DL playing 9 technique (i got a chuckle out of that...)

I am not doing anything really that ellaborate - even in the example i provided, it shows 4 very BASIC adjustments AND I HAVENT EVEN GOT INTO CUSTOMISING BLITZES OR PASS / RUN RESPONSIBILTIES

lets take an example and see why you might need to do adjustments AND HOW MANY... vs a team with a scrambling QB like RG3

1) u need to SPY him every play (and if u play someone with good stick skills u probably need 2 spies - but for arguement sake - lets say 1 adjustments - give the benefit of doubt...)

2) Its obvious passing down so u need GUESS PASS play...

3) He has been running slants all day to a particular WR so you need to move the CB over top of that player to inside shade...

4) Offense has been abusing the stretch so you need to shift OLB to a 9 technique to stop the outside run...

THATS ALL YOU HAVE TIME FOR - CANT DO ANYMORE!!!! - OFFFENSE HAS SNAPPED THE BALL!!!

*** THIS IS NOT AN UNREASONABLE AMOUNT OF BASIC PLAY CHANGES THAT NEED TO BE DONE MANUALLY (there is no plays that allow you to do these things!!!) - and i havent even got into wanting to try to do zone blitzes or change assignments in pass coverages!!!!! but snapping ASAP stops you from doing these very trivial things by simply SNAPPING ASAP!!!!

albundy4td1game wrote:
Not sure what football you watch? I see this happen all the time in the NFL.. Catch teams while they are subbing and not ready, to catch too many men on the field, to run a quick QB sneak for a first down before the defense is prepared I see it happen on all these occasions. I also see it done to mess with defenses trying to guess snap cadence...
you are OUT TOP LUNCH... Albundy4tds1game justifies SNAPPING ASAP on offense because:

- Catch teams while they are subbing and not ready...

- to catch too many men on the field...

- to run a quick QB sneak for a first down before the defense is prepare...

This is LEGIT reason to snap asap, i agree 100% - BUT NONE OF THESE THINGS YOU MENTIONED APPLY TO MADDEN AT ALL!!! - it cant be done in the game!!! THEREFORE IF YOUR SNAPPING ASAP IN MADDEN IT CANT BE FOR ANY OF THE REASONS YOU DESCRIBED ABOVE!!!

The only reason to SNAP ASAP in madden is to GLITCH the defense so they cant call the play they wanted - THERE IS NO OTHER REASON - NONE WHAT-SO-EVER!!!

albundy4td1game wrote:We are all stuck with the "Madden Plays" on offense and defense. No one has other plays available to them. Anyone who wants to change a "Madden Play" has to call the same adjustments you do on both offense and defense
wrong - WE CAN USE THE MADDEN STOCK PLAYS and change them so that they are the 100% play that we want to call! All we need to do is get 3 seconds after the line is "set" then anyone should be able to call any play they could think of!!!

BUT FOR SOME INSANE REASON YOU THINK ITS MORE LEGIT FOR THE OFFENSE TO SNAP ASAP (which has zero madden football value except to stop the defense from calling the base play they want to call!!!)

its crazy that the defense cant call the base play they want to call!!! insanity!!!

albundy4td1game wrote:You are calling your base play... The play you wanna call or set up I should say is not a base play in the game.
Your wrong!!! Any play you want to call from the huddle (without any presnap reads) is a BASE PLAY!!!!

It doesnt matter if you have to change zero or 10 things to play before the snap - AS LONG AS THESE CHANGES ARE DECIDED BEFORE THE PLAY IS CALLED!!!

Whatever the defense wants to call from the huddle IS A BASE PLAY! THIS IS VERY BASIC FOOTBALL - NOT SURE HOW YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THIS!!!

albundy4td1game wrote:You have 400 plays to pick from in your play book. one of those plays with no adjustments can stop the play the offense is trying to execute...
mAYBE YOUR RIGHT - perhaps there is 1 base play that could be the right call- BUT ITS MY DECISION TO MAKE - If i want to call a BASE PLAY with 15 adjustments - THATS MY CHOICE!!! The dense should be allowed to call the BASE LAY they want - its a fundamental part of the game!!!

albundy4td1game wrote: Picking the correct play to stop the offense you think is going to be run is the chess match. if they come out and you want to make on the fly moves your time is limited. Think of it as speed chess.. You can use all your knowledge and skills but this game is on a clock and you only have so much time for each move.
I shouldn't have to worry about how fast i put in BASE PLAY ADJUSTMENTS - they are basic part of the play that i decided on before the players even broke the huddle!!

In real life those players would INSTANTLY go to their spot on the field and execute their assignment!!!

Giving 3 lousy seconds after the OLINE is set is a small price to pay - so the offense can call the BASE PLAYS they want!!!

Sure the offense should be able to snap whenever they want... BUT ITS MORE IMPORTANT FOR THE DEFENSE TO BE ABLE TO CALL THE BASE PLAY THAT THEY WANTED TO CALL FROM THE HUDDLE!!!!

Its simply the lesser of two evils....
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

I am at my WITS END - dont want to do this anymore! - Page 3 Empty Re: I am at my WITS END - dont want to do this anymore!

Post by GREENERRRR Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:55 pm

tHIS THREAD IS GETTING STUPID...

both sides have made their poinst - there is no more points to make... Guys are simply repeating what is said OVER AND OVER...

for that reason the thread is being locked...

I am not going to change how i feel - and clearly i am in the minority BUT I DONT CARE! I AM NOT GOING TO PUT THE EXTRA EFFORT IN AS COMMISH FOR A LEAGUE THAT I HATE PLAYING IN...

bottom line - u can play me and give me my 3 seconds or you can have an AUTO WIN...

GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3